Sign in to follow this  
Soontobegran

Bandaids on noses?

Soontobegran

Can someone explain the tape/bandaids that many of the marathon runners have over their noses?

nothing123

Is it some sort of thing to keep their nostrils more open? They have them on the cross country horses too.

BlondieUK

Similar to the tape you can buy to help stop snoring - to keep the airway open.

The Cat

Okay, I fully admit to flattening my nose as if a bandaid were on it and taking note of how I breathe through it.

Can't say I noticed a difference.

Soontobegran

Oh, thanks for that.

I admit I am wondering how does it keep the nostrils open when they are across the bridge of the nose but I guess some must feel it works because there were quite a few of them. :)

I'd be needing nasal cannulae in my nostril and an oxgygen tank on my back.

Soontobegran
Okay, I fully admit to flattening my nose as if a bandaid were on it and taking note of how I breathe through it.

Can't say I noticed a difference.

Now I am going to have to run and get a bit of micropore and give it a try too. :)

BlondieUK
Oh, thanks for that.

I admit I am wondering how does it keep the nostrils open when they are across the bridge of the nose but I guess some must feel it works because there were quite a few of them. :)

I'd be needing nasal cannulae in my nostril and an oxgygen tank on my back.

They don't flatten the nose - they us the bridge (bone) to pull up/raise the skin on either side, hence slightly opening the mid section of the nose.

Soontobegran
They don't flatten the nose - they us the bridge (bone) to pull up/raise the skin on either side, hence slightly opening the mid section of the nose.

I have been fidgeting with my nose (quiet night at home) and I understand now. :) There must be quite a bit of tension on the skin.

BadCat

So I'm the only one who read the title of the thread and wanted to follow it up with...

... and whiskers on kittens

Bright copper kettles

And warm woollen mittens...

:unsure:

Thought so.

:lol:

GoneWithTheWhinge
So I'm the only one who read the title of the thread and wanted to follow it up with...

Bright copper kettles

Thought so.

nope, me too :D

....and trainers on toes-ies

Bright golden medals

and flash warmup jackets.......

bluedragon

I've used one before. They are not just tape they have a bit of something (metal, plastic? Can't remember) that is stiff so you bend it over your nose and stick it down but it tries to straighten and pulls you nostrils out, opening them up.

Hope that makes sense. It's quite a strange sensation. Helps to get more air in at a time.

Sugarplum Poobah

Bright copper kettles

Thought so.

No. No, you're definitely not. But you beat me to it ;)

Sign in to follow this