dirtyhoe

Olympians - should they wear something less revealing? **fluff**

pili-pala

I think it was the athens Olympics, rowing, men's fours I think. Anyway, Steve Redgrave (British rower) had just won his fifth gold at 5 Olympics. Princess Ann, presenting medals, It was not long after they had finished racing, most of the medallists had visible erections. Very common in rowing apparently. Princess Ann might have smirked.

My dd is now pulling up her top to show a bare tummy and running just like the female track athletes. She thinks it's hilarious. She's 2.5!

Lulu Pumpkin
OMG, you mean to tell me he is a LOOOOOOOOOOOONG jumper?

No waiiiiiiiiiiii... hahahahaha.

:rofl:

I can't believe someone spent their time compiling shots of his groin.

MrsLexiK

I haven't read all the replays but I see no problem with the skin and barely there clothing what I think is unfair is that all the men get to have a perve on the women who all seem to be in two pieces and us poor women spectators have to look at clothed men! the unfairness how am I meant to see some good pecks!

I'm Batman

Ive seen so much athletic peen..so very much.

HerringToMarmalade
I swear when I was watching the 10m women's diving, that the girls were putting the bathers back up their bum, not pulling them out.. Mel Wu was for certain as was the Mexican computer and at least one other..

I was just watching that too. I thought most of them first pulled up the top of the swimsuit and then sort of pulled at the sides of the bottom bit, I assumed to remove wedgies. I think gymnasts have glue stuff they spray on to make the leotards stick so they don't get wedgies.

IShallWearMidnight

I think whatever is most comfortable for those wearing the outfits.

got my tinsel on
I vote they all compete naked. Especially the male divers and swimmers.

can you imagine when the men do the dives that start with a handstand? :rofl:

Yes black covers a lot:

http://www.alivewithlove.com/cyclists.html

CherrySunday
Oh, it is that one but I was wrong. There is orange on the top of the outfit. Hmmm... I was distracted. LOL.

http://a7.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-...441731527_n.jpg

Good lord!

Honestly, there is no need for sporting wear to be that revealing - I'm certainly not a prude, but I don't need to see the distinct outline of a penis every time I see the sports update.

CalEliKat

Holy penis Batman.

Note Henrick was competing in the 'coxless rowing' BAHAHAHAHAH, methinks not.

Edited by kerrie23

katpaws

Has anyone condsidered that the male athletes are simply carrying some Olympic mascots on them insead of thinking naughty things.

Imagine how these would look stuffed in your pants (as we know the athletic outfits don't have pockets):

London-mascots.jpg

Edited by katpaws

YandiGirl
I vote ... that all skirts ... in women's sports should be banned.

That wouldn't make me happy. I am a distance runner and triathlete and I love skirts.

http://injinjiper.cart.net.au/store/skirt-sports/

These are seriously the most comfortable thing to run in. Or ride in......

Kalota

To be honest... I really don't care what they wear! I don't watch it for the outfits!

casime
The key for me is thatoverly revealling outfits aren'tcompulsory. Outfits like the women's beach volleyball (hello, builders crack?) seem unnecessarilyskimpyto me,and athletes should be able to wear hajibs (for example) ifit's safely possible.

I noticed a couple of runners in headscarves the other morning. They were wearing full bodysuits.

greengoddess
What and deprive us of our four yearly frenzy of slow motion race replays? (pauses for Matt Shirvington flashback).

The key for me is that overly revealling outfits aren't compulsory. Outfits like the women's beach volleyball (hello, builders crack?) seem unnecessarily skimpy to me, and athletes should be able to wear hajibs (for example) if it's safely possible.

I can imagine some athletes wanting to wear the most streamlined outfit possible and others having their performance affected by the exposed feeling.

Actually, in some cases they are compulsory, and they're designed to be skimpy to attract media attention. The women's uniform in beach volleyball is mandated in the governing body's rules and regulations - with even the specific requirement that bikini bottoms be no more than 7cm in width on the side, be a "close fit" and be "cut on an upward angle towards the top of the leg". The bikini top must "fit closely to the body and the design must be with deep cutaway armholes on the back, upper chest and stomach". They're also allowed to wear a one-piece, and they can wear long sleeves if the temperature falls below 15 deg C!

Squeekums The Elf

Go portugal!

Me thinks he got a very different career after running is done :D

edit werid dp

Edited by squeekums

mummy83

The running shorts aren't much better, check out the Irish guy in the 50m walk...

AnnBB
14820454[/url]']

The running shorts aren't much better, check out the Irish guy in the 50m walk...

Oh! I see what you mean......

cheekymonkey

Oh, I'm so glad I'm not the only one who noticed. *phew*

dynamitee

DH and DS were killing themselves with laughter.

frogsong

My teenage daughter was watching and called out, 'Check out this guy's junk!" It did give us a giggle.

mummy83

My partner is Irish and he was like "he's representing us well" hahaha.

It certainly doesn't help how they move their hips...

Jenflea

Link please!!! I didn't see the walking last night.

BadCat
Actually, in some cases they are compulsory, and they're designed to be skimpy to attract media attention. The women's uniform in beach volleyball is mandated in the governing body's rules and regulations - with even the specific requirement that bikini bottoms be no more than 7cm in width on the side, be a "close fit" and be "cut on an upward angle towards the top of the leg". The bikini top must "fit closely to the body and the design must be with deep cutaway armholes on the back, upper chest and stomach". They're also allowed to wear a one-piece, and they can wear long sleeves if the temperature falls below 15 deg C!

Not any more.

New rules allow for much better choice.

Lausanne, Switzerland, March 18, 2012 – The FIVB Board of Administration approved a key change to women’s beach volleyball uniforms with immediate effect at its three day meeting in Lausanne, Switzerland on Sunday.

The Board approved to apply the modified women’s uniform rule - which was implemented for the Continental Cup - for all beach volleyball tournaments, including the Olympic Games. This is to respect the custom and/or religious beliefs.

Previously there were two uniform choices for female players, a one-piece bathing suit or a bikini with a maximum side width of 7cm while full body suits could also be used under the bikini in cold weather. Now, there are three extra choices. Players can wear shorts of a maximum length of 3cm above the knee with sleeved or sleeveless tops or a full body suit.

AMPSyd
The running shorts aren't much better, check out the Irish guy in the 50m walk..

That left nothing to the imagination.