dirtyhoe

Olympians - should they wear something less revealing? **fluff**

dirtyhoe

I'm sure those bike pants type bottoms are much less restrictive and help them perform at their best, but you can see EVERYTHING.

Maybe some snug underpants underneath? Or those running shorts?

And why do all the divers have wedgies? Maybe not such a high bikini cut in future?

What do you think, revealing clothing ok with you or should the Olympians wear something else?

*fluffy thread*

Edited by Excentrique

Eeyolet

Seriously?

needs to get out

I don't have an issue with the skin tight things, but every single woman in the diving checks to make sure her boobs are still in her bathers, then pulls them out of her wedgie. I think they'd all be more comfortable in something else!

BadCat

They're competing in a massive international sporting event in an effort to be the best in the world at what they do. I don't give a toss if they're buck naked.

Fifteenyears

What and deprive us of our four yearly frenzy of slow motion race replays? (pauses for Matt Shirvington flashback).

The key for me is that overly revealling outfits aren't compulsory. Outfits like the women's beach volleyball (hello, builders crack?) seem unnecessarily skimpy to me, and athletes should be able to wear hajibs (for example) if it's safely possible.

I can imagine some athletes wanting to wear the most streamlined outfit possible and others having their performance affected by the exposed feeling.

Edited by Sevenyears

Lulu Pumpkin

The swimmers are sort of ok. I think the same about seeing all the mens bits.

Considering the clothes are getting briefer, I want to know what happened with the women's basketball team? Their clothes were so big it looked like they were wearing the mens uniforms.

Fifteenyears
I don't give a toss if they're buck naked.

As my older child keeps pointing out, that's exactly how Olympic athletes traditionally competed.

Soontobegran

I am pretty sure they have quite strict guidelines by the governing bodies and presume that the athletes and sporting technology has a lot to do with their design. I don't know that comfort is the #1 criteria :)

I must say that I haven't seen anything look too revealing, just the sort of stuff you see at the beach.

sharkie81

*deleted

Edited by sharkie81

Lulu Pumpkin

I hadn't really noticed that about the divers but will look for it now.

I can say that TYR made that area of the swimmers briefer and I no longer wear mine. I couldn't stand in the pool and stretch without exposing a nipple. Seriously stupid. Its the last thing I want to be concerned about when exercising.

ComradeBob
They're competing in a massive international sporting event in an effort to be the best in the world at what they do. I don't give a toss if they're buck naked.

Sure, that'd never work. You'd lose entire seconds from the drag caused by the dangly bits.

Feral Becky

I think they look fine on swimmers and the track athletes but I find the beach volleyball skimpiness a bit ridiculous

Lulu Pumpkin
*deleted

LOL - looks like a rather large sock it there.

Soontobegran
The swimmers are sort of ok. I think the same about seeing all the mens bits.

Considering the clothes are getting briefer, I want to know what happened with the women's basketball team? Their clothes were so big it looked like they were wearing the mens uniforms.

They wear singlets and shorts, just like the men, they are comfy and practical and all shapes and sizes can wear them.

They did try the all in one bodysuits for a few years but the women hated the feel of them and they hated how they looked in them.

Feral Becky
LOL - looks like a rather large sock it there.

lol, thank God I saw it before it was deleted (WHY was it deleted?)

It was going sort of upwards and sideways *snort*

PeanutButterTurtle

I still maintain that in the interests of public safety, for the men's triathlon, all suits should be either a very dark navy or black. None of this electric blue, bright red or green. Mum and I spent pretty much the entire race giggling like schoolgirls! :D

That goes for local races too, what 2XU was thinking when they introduced red as a tri suit colour, I have no idea.

Feral Grey Mare

How about we go back to the bloomers and knitted neck-to-knee bathers days? Women should also be made to play tennis in crinolines and all female equestrian competitors should have to ride side-saddle. While we are at it, why not introduce croquet as an Olympic sport?

Lulu Pumpkin
They wear singlets and shorts, just like the men, they are comfy and practical and all shapes and sizes can wear them.

They did try the all in one bodysuits for a few years but the women hated the feel of them and they hated how they looked in them.

Ah, I did wonder what happened to the other outfits. I saw at least two of the girls wearing lycra underneath the uniforms. You think they would make them a bit more practical/comfortable really.

Have to agree with other PPs re the volleyball outfits.

Lulu Pumpkin
lol, thank God I saw it before it was deleted (WHY was it deleted?)

It was going sort of upwards and sideways *snort*

It was deleted by the time I posted. Have no idea why.

WinterIsComing

You kidding?

Nooooooo!

housewifeinheels

The original olympians were nude :)

[removed by Mod]

Edited by Chelli
advertising

geckosrule

OP.......step away from the computer and go get yourself a life!!

Jeez.....does it matter? NO

*LiMa*

One of the gymnasts the other night was wearing a leotard that was so high cut she would have needed to wax her nipples :ph34r::blink:

Feral Becky
OP.......step away from the computer and go get yourself a life!!

Jeez.....does it matter? NO

No, it doesn't matter but it is a fun topic. If you don't like the topic then move along.Plenty of other people are interested (especially the lucky ones who saw that picture ;) )

Edited by LindsayMK

canuckmel

If I had their bodies, I'd be wearing the skimpy stuff too.

Alas, I am 50 and past it....