Sign in to follow this  
bearosauraus

Anna Meares

bearosauraus

That was by far one of the best gold medals I have ever seen won!!!

To think that 4 years ago she was so close to being paralysed after a horrific crash, and still won silver in Beijing...to now go one better! :D

Nettie Edmonson won bronze on the track last night too and is a massive superstar of the future - she is only 20!!

Lucky I can blame pregnancy hormones for crying, but think I would have regardless!

Chelli

I was so excited this morning to hear she had won gold! Absolute legend :)

shelly1

I have watched the races. Can some explain to me what it meant for Victoria to be relegated and what are the tactics/aim of the race? I would love to have an understanding of the "rules"

PrincessPeach

Victoria moved above the red/black line (i can;t recall which one it is off the top of my head) - basically if they are under that line in the final lap, they are not allowed to cross above it & if they are above that line, they are not allowed to deviate below it unless they are not beside the other rider.

I think the original aim was to prevent collisions.

YankDownUnder

Victoria was a class act there, raising Anna's hand and cheering for her. That is some good sportsmanship. :thumbs:

PrincessPeach
Victoria was a class act there, raising Anna's hand and cheering for her. That is some good sportsmanship. :thumbs:

Agree 100%

But seriously

Same lovely sportsmanship at the hurdles - silver medalist clapped Sally when she won, although it was so close and the silver medallist was the defending Olympic champian

DontKnow2015

I love Anna Meares... Agree Victoria was classy in defeat. It is not great when a relegation has to be involved....

Edited by Mumof1B2G

BadCat

I agree on the great sportsmanship of Victoria.

I do wonder though, what our media would have made of her if she was an Aussie. She burst into tears when she lost. I'm fine with that but the media... Let's hope the British journos are nicer to her than ours would be. I thought she was a class act.

Soontobegran

So glad I set my alarm for this and Sally's race. :)

Both winners and place getters so excited. If the sports media would just let them alone they seem to be able to sort out their emotions in a positive way.

Praetor VitaeChel

I am really happy for her that she won gold too. :clap:

Sign in to follow this