Sign in to follow this  
Liv_DrSperm_sh

Hate Ch 9's coverage

MrsLexiK
I also call bullsh*t on their two channel rule. Looking at the legislation it looks like you can't televise LIVE on two channels. Who said anything about live...have channel 9 as live and GEM as highlights and catch-up...it's not rocket science!!

And then they are faced with the problem that it won't be telecast in HD. If they did what you want them to do it will have caused a different bunch of people to get all angry as they couldn't watch the sport in HD.

Liv_DrSperm_sh
And then they are faced with the problem that it won't be telecast in HD. If they did what you want them to do it will have caused a different bunch of people to get all angry as they couldn't watch the sport in HD.

So, what do you do at channel 9??

...This is the OLYMPICS...a once in every 4 year event, they should have done SOMETHING to get special dispensation to show it on two channels.

Even if they can't, catch up video that covers more than 0.001% of the sport being played at the olympics should be a given. Take a quick look at NBC or CBC to see what REAL olympic coverage is supposed to look like.

I have been watching the olympics since before I could remember...this is THE WORST COVERAGE I HAVE EVER EXPERIENCED, and frankly I don't give a toss about what ever lame a*se reasons channel nine have for the quality, it is not good enough!

Heather11
...This is the OLYMPICS...a once in every 4 year event, they should have done SOMETHING to get special dispensation to show it on two channels.

Agreed. Channel 9 could show the more popular sports. Basically what they are showing now and Gem could show other lesser watched ones. Those with only 9 can't complain because they aren't going to see it on that channel anyway but at least if gives some people a chance to watch it.

Guest AllegraM

It is terrible. The presenters are unlikeable and not well-versed in many of the sports, the tone is parochial and the coverage is a mishmash with no rhyme or reason for why what is on when.

Pathetic.

MrsLexiK
So, what do you do at channel 9??

If only that were the case I would quit like a career in television as opposed to borning finance :D

Agreed. Channel 9 could show the more popular sports. Basically what they are showing now and Gem could show other lesser watched ones. Those with only 9 can't complain because they aren't going to see it on that channel anyway but at least if gives some people a chance to watch it.

And if they did that, there would be countless people saying "why can't you show it in HD you have 2 channels no-one cares about the less popular sports" really it is a no win situation unless they had changed the television broadcasting act.

Heather11
And if they did that, there would be countless people saying "why can't you show it in HD you have 2 channels no-one cares about the less popular sports" really it is a no win situation unless they had changed the television broadcasting act.

In the other thread it has been mentioned that on Fri/Sat night, not sure exactly which one, that the Rugby League was telecast on Gem. So during this time you would have had to watch the Olympics on 9. I haven't seen anyone complain about not being able to watch in HD. I have, however, seen people comment about how if they can show something different on Gem then why can't they have two different Olympic channels.

dadwasathome

Channel 9 only paid for single channel/simulcast coverage. Foxtel paid for multichannel.

The decisions as to what to show and for how long are wholly and solely Channel 9's FAILURE. Sorry, was I shouting FAILURE!!!!!!!!!

I got home just before 10.30 last night, and they were showing the 100m final again. However, not just the run AGAIN, but the celabratory lap AGAIN, and the inane Channel 9 trackside interview AGAIN, plus analysing it in the studio AGAIN. Meanwhile, they cut to 2 minute of the volleyball before going to an ad.....

Liv_DrSperm_sh
Channel 9 only paid for single channel/simulcast coverage. Foxtel paid for multichannel.

The decisions as to what to show and for how long are wholly and solely Channel 9's FAILURE. Sorry, was I shouting FAILURE!!!!!!!!!

I got home just before 10.30 last night, and they were showing the 100m final again. However, not just the run AGAIN, but the celabratory lap AGAIN, and the inane Channel 9 trackside interview AGAIN, plus analysing it in the studio AGAIN. Meanwhile, they cut to 2 minute of the volleyball before going to an ad.....

Oh god, I know! Last night's coverage was so appalling I actually went to bed at 9 in disgust!

Sign in to follow this