Sign in to follow this  
~Delilah~

Taking part for Muslim women really does mean more than winning at Olympics

ComradeBob

Couldn't agree more Fluster :D

zenah18

It's part of her religion that's why she's wearing the hijab. Im sure she feels the hijab is part of who she is.

ImperatorFuriosa

If it was heroic then she would be able to do as she pleases. Rather than a male centric religion.

ComradeBob
Then my work here is done. :)

If it was heroic then she would be able to do as she pleases. Rather than a male centric religion.

I'd be interested to find out which mainstream religion isn't male-centric. Because I can't think of one and as an atheist of Catholic origin, I'm always interested in religion :)

zenah18
Rather than a male centric religion.
Go research the Islam first before you make comments like that. :o

Guest LeChatNinjah

Did you ever consider the possibility that she is doing as she pleases by wearing her clothing of choice?

blueteddy

Lady muck, just admit it. You want them to fight for Muslim women. You want them to STOP being Muslim women and ditch Islam altogether.

For them to complete in the Olympics WITH hijab silences two kinds of people - Muslims who don't think it is possible to compete and remain faithful, and non-Muslims who think hijab is oppressive and limiting and try to BAN it (like you).

zenah18
Lady muck, just admit it. You want them to fight for Muslim women. You want them to STOP being Muslim women and ditch Islam altogether. For them to complete in the Olympics WITH hijab silences two kinds of people - Muslims who don't think it is possible to compete and remain faithful, and non-Muslims who think hijab is oppressive and limiting and try to BAN it (like you).
I'm a Muslim and I think good on her. We need more people like her. No way would I ever think she's not remainh faithful to her religion.

SarahVandooo
14801986[/url]']

I'm a Muslim and I think good on her. We need more people like her. No way would I ever think she's not remainh faithful to her religion.

Well said ladies

solongandthanksfor

One of the women I read did 14 seconds in the 100m sprint. 14 secs! with restrictive clothes and fasting and everything! how is that not heroic

**Xena**
Oh Xena, I need sleep. I just read that as "hope they are the first to marry" and was all shocked at you for a moment :blush:

:lol: Yep, anyone can get to the Olympics- but finding a good husband; that's what's really important for a woman in life :D:lol:

Nicole-Bris

Reading that story has me in tears. Well done to these girls who not only have competitors to fight against but also their own people. These are the true heroes of the games.

Reading that story has me in tears. Well done to these girls who not only have competitors to fight against but also their own people. These are the true heroes of the games.

Sign in to follow this