Sign in to follow this  
scjoh

Roxy Jacenko

scjoh

Why is she everywhere and do people actually care about her sex life? I am baffled by the interest in her and yes I am well aware of the irony in posting this

• Like 6

**Kylie**

Never heard of her lol

• Like 2

Bam1

I thought the article was quite brave and stating it was about her sex life mispresents it. Woman are usually pillored for their mistakes especially if it involves their relationships. She had an affair during a low period in her family’s life, has admitted it and is now moving on with her DH. If you aren’t interested it was not compulsory to read it.

I may question the appropriateness of the male who entered into the relationship at a time when she was vulnerable.

Edited by Bam1
  • Like 2

Oriental lily

Well it's the the same reason people are interested in the Kardashians . People like to see rich people who supposedly have much more opportunities and power through weath and beauty live train wreck lives . Like real life versions of bold and the beautiful . I think it comes from s source of envy and jealousy and then a sense of smugness when they have a downfall that keeps people (or gossip columnists)interested . With social media these days these wanna be celebs have their own publicists .they don't bother me because I don't engage .

Blondiebear

She's everywhere because PR is her business. She's creating the media interest herself. I doubt many people have any interest in her sex life, but good luck to her. Perhaps she has gone to Daily Fail or No Idea or whoever and promised them the scoop on one of her more famous clients if they also publish a story about her.

Disclaimer - I haven't read whatever article is being referred to because I am not interested.

• Like 3

Mrs_greyhound

She's everywhere because that's her job being in PR and talent management.

Whether you love her or hate her, no one can deny that she has worked incredibly hard to get where she is. It's also pretty obvious how much she adores her children and makes a huge effort to be involved with their lives.

Mrs_greyhound

Well it's the the same reason people are interested in the Kardashians . People like to see rich people who supposedly have much more opportunities and power through weath and beauty live train wreck lives . Like real life versions of bold and the beautiful . I think it comes from s source of envy and jealousy and then a sense of smugness when they have a downfall that keeps people (or gossip columnists)interested . With social media these days these wanna be celebs have their own publicists .they don't bother me because I don't engage .

Except she IS the publicist. She doesn't need to pay one. Likewise, she doesn't fit the criteria of "wannabe celeb". Media stuff is her job, and she doesn't actually attend events other than those involving her business.

• Like 2

JustBeige

I have zero interest in her and her life. I have 'kept up' due to skimming headlines when I get my fix of trash journalism.

But, when you think about it, from a PR perspective, it shows potential clients that she is very good at her job.

• Like 1

Lucrezia Bauble

Oliver Curtis got let off lightly as is often the case with so called white collar crimes. So that's my opinion on him - I don't really have one on her - but yeh as others have said, she's in PR sooooo.....

• Like 2

~Jolly_F~

Isn't it because her husband was a criminal?

That's all I know about her.

• Like 1

Oriental lily

Yeah but the op wanted to know why people were interested in her . Not why she is interested in promoting herself . Everyone knows that publicity is her game but why all the suckers who follow her on instagram ? Why do people care what she wears ( she had a ongoing commentary and pictorial of every outfit she wore to her husbands coutr trial) because she is rich, attractive and supposedly living a blessed instragram perfect life ,until she isint . People seem to love a persons rise to fame but love their downfall even more.

chicken_bits

Who?

• Like 1

HRH Countrymel

People are 'interested' in her because she is a publicist and has made it her business to be visible.

I know about her simply from seeing headlines on the trash press while waiting at the checkout in the supermarket.

I'm not in the slightest bit interested in her, have never once sought out any information about her, read a story about her, etc. etc. but due to her work at keeping her name visible I DO know it.

• Like 1

Lucrezia Bauble

Yep - what country mel said.

I don't think the majority of us are proactively seeking information on her. But we're absorbing information that's been pushed upon us. We are passive onlookers in the game.

It's like Kim kardashian - I actually don't know why she's famous, as in - what she initially did - was she an actor? A model? Did she win survivor or something? I genuinely don't know - I do know what she looks like, what her husband looks like - how many babies she has because she's always in the tabloids. I wouldn't actively seek any info on her, and yet - I know quite a lot about her.

Soontobegran

I couldn't be less interested in this attention seeking drama queen. I do know of her because she was on The Apprentice and I saw the adventures of her dear Ollie.

She is really a nobody who does nothing to better the world but she is obviously good at letting people knowing who she is.

• Like 3

But seriously

She's someone who is hard to avoid but I give it my best shot. I despise her particularly for prostituting her child on social media. Those kids have no privacy and its been a deliberate decision by their parents. Who have more than enough money without that. Revolting. And he is the worst kind of over-indulged, entitled Sydney private school male. Ugh

• Like 6

NWO

It's like Kim kardashian - I actually don't know why she's famous, as in - what she initially did - was she an actor? A model? Did she win survivor or something? I genuinely don't know - I do know what she looks like, what her husband looks like - how many babies she has because she's always in the tabloids. I wouldn't actively seek any info on her, and yet - I know quite a lot about her.

She has a performing arts and film background.

• Like 2

Freddie'sMum

I know her name because I see her name in the trash news.

That's all. I am completely uninterested in her or her life.

• Like 1

#YKG

Why is she everywhere and do people actually care about her sex life? I am baffled by the interest in her and yes I am well aware of the irony in posting this

Because she pays the daily mail to write stories about her. No one actually cares but she's trying to make herself and her children into "celebrities", she sells her children's images every chance she gets.

• Like 1

Sugarplum Poobah

Who???

Ozquoll

This is a genuine quote from Kim K on the question of why she's famous without any discernible special talent: ' What is my talent? Well, a bear can juggle and stand on a ball and he's talented, but he's not famous. Do you know what I mean?' I say good on her and the whole Krazy Kardashian Klan. Better that we b**ch and gossip about them than about people we actually know in real life.EDIT - argh, stupid formatting on smartphone!

Edited by Ozquoll

Veritas Vinum Arte

I actually knew less about her and more about her husband and what he was jailed for as his companion in crime was sibling to my sisters friend.... and also sibling to one of the parents at my kids school.

So I knew about the case from long ago (I also worked Finance), then I was like WTF is this as she self promoted during the court case. I could not GAF about her and don't read any articles, but as I do browse the headlines of the daily fail I see her self promotion.

Amica

I opened this thinking it was a baby names thread. I was going to say that Roxy is my dog's name. :ph34r:

Never heard of her OP.

• Like 1

threeinnyc

I only know her from EB. She’s annoying the heck outta me.