The original article was published on: https://mummyandchil...baby-pregnancy/
Positive Affirmations are words or Statements that can help you challenge an overcome negative thought. When repeated often and believing in them you can make a positive change in yourself or people around you.
The first year of a baby’s life is very challenging for parents as well as babies who are developing to achieve several milestones.
It is a very stressful time therefore positive affirmations can have a huge effect on the way you feel and the experiences you have. It will help both parents and baby enjoy their first year as a family.
You can write down some of your own affirmations that you can repeat when you are feeling anxious, tired or whenever the need arises.
List of daily affirmations for baby’s first year
- I am a dedicated and loving mother
- I love my baby unconditionally
- I trust my instincts to do what is best for my baby
- I have a strong and healthy baby
- My baby will achieve every milestone successfully
- My life is in perfect balance
- I love my baby and my baby loves me
- My baby is safe and secure
- My baby is happy
- I will accept the help of others
- I love my partner, my partner loves our baby
- I will cope with the busy day
- I always make the right decisions for my baby
- I am able to overcome any challenges that come my way
- I make time for myself
- I love myself
- I am well prepared for any situation
- I am fortunate to have a healthy child.
- These infant days are precious
- My house doesn’t have to be always neat and tidy to ensure that my baby has a wonderful childhood
- I will not yell at my baby. He cannot still grasp my intended message
- When I decide to go back to work it will not damage my child emotionally
- It is okay to have some time for myself
- I will not compare my child with other children
- I will try to read to my baby every day
You can choose a few that suits you and repeat them daily. You will feel the positive energy. Once you have a positive attitude you will see a great change in yourself, your baby and a very happy family.
Importance of affirmations during pregnancy
We have also seen how effective positive affirmations have had on pregnant mothers. Affirmations can help foster a healthy and positive pregnancy. By repeating positive daily statements or words it will help you manage any fears or doubts you may be experiencing, enabling you to have a calmer and more enjoyable pregnancy.
- I welcome the changes in my body
- I’m confident that I have everything it takes to be a wonderful mother
- I’m grateful to be able to grow this beautiful baby in me
- My pregnant body is beautiful
- My body knows how to nourish and grow my baby
- I look forward to birthing my baby when my baby is ready
- My mind, my body and my home are all ready for my baby’s arrival.
- I love my baby and she feel my love
- I’m strong and healthy and so is my baby
- My body is perfectly equipped to give birth
- I feel good about myself
Birth affirmations for mum
Positive affirmations for labour and natural birth can take the anxiety off both mum and partner. Repeating positive statements will help keep you calm and relaxed.
- Me and my baby are safe
- I’m doing a fantastic job
- My body and baby are healthy and strong
- I can do it and I will
- I’m ready to meet my baby
- Birth is safe
- My baby and I are safe
- My body is strong and knows how to give birth
- I’m completely relaxed and on ease
- I breath in courage and exhale fear
- I’m ready for the unexpected
Birth affirmations for dads and partners
Many first-time dads lack confidence and have their own fears about childbirth that they may not want to share. By repeating affirmations, Dads and partners can improve on this and be the best birth partner they can be throughout the experience.Here is a list of positive affirmations for dads and partners
- I am the best birth partner I can be
- I inhale confidence and exhale doubt
- This experience is making me stronger
- I am able to support my partner during pregnancy and birth
- My role during birth is valuable and irreplaceable
- Together, we’ve got this and we are ready
- Deep, controlled breathing will help me too
- I am ready for whatever challenges may arise
- I will allow for the unexpected, it’s normal
- No matter what happens, I respect my partner’s decisions
To be truly beneficial affirmations need to be personlised to each individual, addressing her unique fears and concerns so use the above list as a guideline and individualise them to suit you.