Sea bass/red snapper with tomato relish by Annabel Karmel
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 tomatoes, deseeded and chopped
- Dash of sugar
- 1 tbsp parsley
- 2 sea bass or red snapper fillets, skin on
- A little plain flour
- To make the relish, heat 2 tbsp of oil in a small pan. Add the onion and garlic and sauté for 5 to 6 minutes, until soft.
- Add the vinegar, tomatoes, sugar and parsley. Warm through for a few minutes, then remove from the heat and season to taste.
- Season the fillets and lightly coat in flour. Heat the remaining 2 tbsp of oil in a frying pan and cook for 2 to 3 minutes each side until lightly golden and cooked through.
- Serve with the relish.
Makes 2 portions.
Annabel Karmel's new book, Eating for Two, offers advice and recipes for mums-to-be.
From Annabel Karmel's Eating for Two: The complete guide to nutrition during pregnancy and beyond.