For many women, maternity shoots are a special part of pregnancy, a way to celebrate and capture the excitement of welcoming a new little life.
While milk baths were all the rage in 2016, the latest trend in pregnancy photos takes inspiration from the stunning #Treeoflifebreastfeeding pictures, which went viral earlier this year. Now, mums are using the same app, PicsArt, to create their own maternity photos - without the expense of a professional photographer.
And the results, appearing on social media under the hashtag #babyinbelly, are stunning keepsakes.
To create your own, just follow these easy steps:
- Download the free PicsArt app on iOS, Android, or Windows.
- Upload one of your favourite belly photos.
- Choose a baby photo or one of your ultrasound pictures and position it over your belly.
- Get your photoshop on and erase the edges of the baby picture you've added (see more detailed instructions here, it's easier than it sounds!)
- Select the "magic" button and choose the filter you want to complete your photo.
- Share on social media with #babyinbelly.