Girls Night In – starts with pampering
Home day spa
Who says pampering needs to be at an elaborate day spa and cost the earth?
Turn your home into your own day spa for your next Girls Night In – perfect for mums with new bubs or small children who can’t get to a beauty salon or day spa.
Every day 46 Australian women will be diagnosed with a breast or gynecological cancer. Making a difference to these women can be as simple as hosting a Girls Night In. Cancer Council’s Girls Night In really is an easy way to raise money and awareness for women’s cancers.
I recently came across the idea of having a pamper night when I was parked at traffic lights, exhausted from no sleep with a 6 month old baby feeling tired and overwhelmed – when I spotted the car next to me with glamorous sign writing on the side 2bfeb mobile beauty.
I instantly had flash backs to all the decedent and indulgent day spas I’d visited all over the world and thought I need a massage!
I asked a couple of girls over for a pamper afternoon and organized their beauty treatments with 2bfem. It was convenient, cost affective and most of all, relaxing.
I was lucky enough to have my husband look after my 16 month old but our beautician also said she does this out of her home and children are most welcome.
I set the scene by lighting some scented candles and put out a platter of fruit and cheese with a jug of ice water with fresh lemon slices. Day spa music is fantastic for ambiance and if you have Foxtel, Air Active has a Day Spa music channel. If not, just play your favourite relaxing CD.
While one of us was being pampered, the other was in the Spa or relaxing on the chaise with an eye mask on with a heat pack.
It is a lovely way to spend time with your friends, you also get to be well pampered and relaxed and it’s a fantastic way to fund raise for a brilliant cause.
2bfem is Sydney based, but I recommend you search for a mobile roaming beauty business in your area; you are bound to find one.
If you can’t get a professional to visit for your Girls Night In, here are some tips for your day spa:
1. Allocate each girl to be in charge of a particular pamper treatment
2. Nail station – bring some fun colours, cotton wool and removal for pedicures and manicures
3. Facial station – go to your chemist, supermarket or Priceline and grab some varieties of face masks or scrubs
4. Massage station – also at your local supermarket or chemist you can pick up some scented massage oil – great for shoulder and neck massages
5. If the girls have their own robe and slippers, get them to bring along
6. Candles – set the scene and light some scented candles and dim the lights – remember keep candles up and away from the children
7. Music – play your favourite relaxing song or day spa music
8. Refreshments – tell each girl to bring a plate of something healthy and delicious
9. If you can’t get the babies minded, each can take a turn in watching and playing with the kids in between getting pampered
Enjoy, you deserve it.
For more fund raising ideas on how to host your girls night in, click here.