Hi, I am new to this forum. I stumbled across this forum when I tried to find out more about Pregnyl 5000. I just had my first injection today - not 100% sure of what it actually does to my body. I did what I was told. Here's a summary of my life so far:
- Diagnosed with PCOS 7 years ago. Have been on Glucopharge XR since then.
- Spontaneous pregnancy 3 years ago - 5-6 weeks pregnant. Took 1 year to overcome it.
- Irregular period of up to 3 months. My regular cycle is about 40 days.
- Seek professional help in June 2011 to conceive.
- 2nd cycle of CLOMID. First cycle didn't work.
- 2nd cycle - CLOMID dosage up from 75mg to 100mg.
- First Pregnyl 5000 trigger injection today (30/10/11). Two more to go next week.
Question: What does the injection do? What can I expect from here? I don't want to go through another CLOMID cycle. How much does IVF cost?