Feels like AGES since I have been here!!
First of all
WELCOME PRECIOUS BABIES [b]PS ON THE ARRIVAL OF XAVIER MALAKYE
[/b]BBB ON THE ARRIVAL OF LIAM KEITHCHAR ON THE ARRIVAL OF LITTLE TIRONE
(AND A BOY!! I bet his sisters are over the moon!)KIWIinMELB ON THE ARRIVAL OF ELLA JADE
(how did I miss that??)
Well we are back home now and settling in. Darcy and Lucia are absolutely adorable and i find myself staring at them wondering how we managed to create such perfection Sem
- thank you for sharing photos of your boys. They are just adorable . The little poem you quoted teared me right up because it sums up how I feel completely.PS
- I've only just caught up on this thread and your problems with Xavier. I am so glad he is home with you now where he should be.Lozzy
- Hpw are you settling in with the gorgeous Bella? Charli sounds adorable. Our pooches are exactly the same, they cant stop sniffing the bubbies but they are sooooooo gentle. How is your recovery from the cs going?BBB
- what an entrance to the world fpr Liam! Mel
- I read on fb you got your s&s. I have a feeling in my waters that YOU my dear are going to be next!!Kylie
- You poor love you sound out of sorts
I hope that the ob was able to give you some reassurance today. Whinge away all you want darling!! We are here for you xxxEm
- I cant wait to see the maternity photos - I'm sure thy are going to be stunning. Hope your lunch as good! Thank you for being a surrogate phone buddy too!! Mummaofone
- I was craving donuts in the last couple of weeks of my pregnancy. I hate to think how many bags of those $2 Coles bakery donuts I scoffed Moo Moo
- Welcome!! Hope all goes smooothly for your Easter baby!Blazing
- Oooooo one more sleep for you!! I was in your exact shoes this time last week. Hope you have a great night and can't wait to hear your news!Mummaofone
- So glad the bleeding is nothing serious. Hoping that bubs makes an appearance for you sooner than later AFM
- Well we all arrived home yesterday and are settling into our new life. Nothing at all prepared me for the overwhelming emotions!! I could stare at my babies all day and still never stop being amazed at those little miracles.
The birth went really well and my recovery has been fantastic. I have had no pain whatsoever and am feeling 100%. The only hiccup was I lost a bit more blood than the doc would have liked after the surgery and my uteris was not contracting properly so he had to manually manipulate it while I was in recovery and boy did that hurt but he fixed it in no time. I will type up my birth story shortly!
I am having a little bit of trouble breast feeding which I am sad about. Lucia does not seem interested in the booby now, and Darcy will latch on but not really stay there and suck properly, IYKWIM so i am doing my darndest to pump as much as possible and top up with formula. I was upset about having to give them formula initially but the paed was VERY supportive and said that the most important thing was to ensure the babies we were well fed and if that meant giving them formula then so be it and there is NOTHING wrong with that!
One thing that I did not expect was the complete change in dynamics in my relationship with DH. It's probably hormones but I seriously choke up every time I see him hold our babies, the love that he has for them is so sweet and I thank God every day for my gorgeous hubby and him giving me our beautiful babies. When we got home yesterday we were sitting on the couch holding our babies and DH turned to me with tears in his eyes and said "this is the fist day of the rest of our lives!!".
I can definitely see how having babies is addictive and I can't wait to do this all again! In fact as he was stitching me up the doctor said "so we'll be seeing you again soon for the next one!!" and I was like, "absolutely!!!"
Girls (and guy) I just wanted to say how great it has been sharing this journey with you all. You are all lovely lovely ladies (and gent) and it has been a real privilege to share all the highs and lows with you and I can't wait to move onto the "April 2011 Parent Group" with you all so we can share our babies growing up together.
Anyhoo enough soppyness from me!! I will be back tomorrow to share some photos of our cherubs (once I have remembered my photobucket password).
Love to all, especially those still waiting to pop!!