- Hang in there. What can we do to help you? Can you free your home from all those nasty things that you like to eat? What I do, is buy treats that I don't like, that way I won't eat them but everyone else can still have them. Would that work for you? Wendy
- How you are feeling today? Hang in there. Sonia
- Has today been better than yesterday? Come to Body Balance with me tomorrow PLEASE? Nat-n-Mays-Mum~
- How are you going? That is shocking that you couldn't get a simple Vegemite sandwich. Unbelievable. Is today better? My day yesterday
wasn't the best but it could have been a LOT worse. I had a terrible morning which threw my whole day out. DD had a major meltdown going into daycare which resulted in me having one (in front of everyone - only difference was, hers was anger and temper, mine was frustration as I don't know whats wrong with her and tears) and by the time I finally got out of there I had missed my normal gym time. Looked like i had gone a round with Mike Tyson (puffy eyes, red face) and still have all my normal chores to do (shopping etc) So I came home, ate a donut that I had bought the kids (there was enough for 1 each and 1 for DH but not me but I ate one anyway) Got 3/4 of the way through the donut and thought "what the hell am I doing" and threw the last bit out. Jumped int he shower, had another cry and then headed out to do my chores. I didn't drink enough water but did pretty good food wise the rest of the day. Today
I had my normal banana for breakfast and then headed to gym. I am having trouble with my leg and the lady there said it's shin splints so not to use the treadmill (that is when it gets really painful but I do walk on incline too) but to use all the other equipment instead. The machine she really recommended were all taken so I did 5 minute warm up on treadmill at slow pace and no incline then did 10 minutes at intervals on the bike. They were only short bursts but I went flat out, as fast as I could go on level 3.
Went to start weight circuit while I waited for other mention when I saw some friend who were heading into the step class so joined them. In a way it was a big mistake. I learnt not to use a step when suffering shin splints
The pain was agonising but I was too embarrassed to give up and walk out. So I took a step back and did all the moves but with no step. Might have looked like a goose doing a step class with no step but I stayed right through the 1 hour session. That was a huge effort for someone my size. Now I have not posted anywhere what my actual weight is and I am taking a deep breathe here, just to say this, but my mini goal is to get down to a 2 digit number
And I am short to boot, so I think that was a pretty good effort for me.
The instructor did tell me I can come back and do her classes without the step anytime I like. So that was reassuring to hear as I did feel strange not using it and wondered what she would be thinking.
Ok will leave it there. I could rattle on all day but don't want to bore you all so will shut up now LOLReddwarf
- Just a tip. If you want to copy and paste something that has bold, underline, colours etc, so that you don't have to do it all again. All you do is instead of copying it from the thread, you edit your post and copy it from in there. That way it copies it with all the tags etc and you don't have to do it all again. Just click cancel edit or backspace once you have copied and that way your post doesn't really get edited.
Does that make sense? Geez I am shocking at explaining things.