I'll start with a brief history - TTC #2 since June 2008, so approaching 4 years. Testing indicates unexplained infertility. Currently on month 3 of clomid 50mg.
So now for the dilemma. I have just accepted a new job, starting tomorrow. I was reading through my letter of offer today, and discovered that the company parental leave policy is 2 years unpaid after 12 months service, and whilst there is no official clause for parental leave for under 12 months service it is at the discretion of the manager. The company I will be working for is only in the very initial stages of operation, and wont be fully operational until August - in the meantime I am training for my position, but also assisting management in the setting up stage - which means if this month is successful I will only have officially been doing my job for 3 to 4 months before I would need to leave, which probably wouldn't get me any parental leave provisions, which means I may find myself out of a job.
DH and I are now debating between 1) holding off commencing our next clomid cycle until July so that I would qualify for the leave, but not stopping TTC completely, 2) stopping TTC completely and 3) just continuing as normal (ie with Clomid) and seeing what happens. All options have their good and bad points. Part of me thinks if it hasn't happened yet, even with clomid why would it happen now, while the other part of me is believing Murphy's law will strike and I will get a BFP at some stage during my first 3 months, cause that just seems to be the way things work.
Regardless of which option we chose I will head back to work at some stage before any potential child turns 2, and even possibly before they turn 1 (hoping to buy a house in the next few years).
Help me decide, please
This post has been edited by *LiMa*: 02/03/2012, 09:20 PM