Hi everyone, hope you all had a great easter break Mojo
- so cool you can see your belly move! I had a weird dream last night that I could see baby girl's arm poking up through my belly and I held hands with her - and I woke up at that point and she was having a good old wiggle around
Will look into delayed cord clamping, I hadn't heard of it before. Haven't really been doing much reading up on birth - I think it's called DENIAL! How's the nursery looking?Little lion
- so glad the reassurance scan was great. Woo hoo for a dancing littlest lion!
It is so great seeing them actually look like a tiny human rather than a little blob, makes it all seem more real. Wow, NT bloods already, getting close to the NT scan now - what date is your scan booked in?Fairey
- how was the babymoon? Hope all's good in Faireyland Superfruity
, great news on your NT scan!
And fantastic downs results too. Sounds like your mum has made a really positive step - and I'm sure your brilliant baby news will give her even more strength. Yep, I'm not a girly girl either, so not rushing out buying pink frilly stuff isn't a huge challenge for me - though having said that, I did buy a very cute pair of pink/red/blue striped tights and a pink bodysuit with a funky design on it last week! But most of the stuff I've bought is in neutral colours - love red and white striped bodysuits, and also got some super cuter stuff from Next (UK based, but delivers to Aus). If anyone's keen, they have some gorgeous funky things: http://www.nextdirect.com/au/en/shopping/g...=01_02_03_01_03
- love the hippo t-shirt, got that one and the one with the turtle.MrsS
- Wonderful that bubs are both doing well. Hope the BP drops now! I'm on the other end of the scale, very very low so getting super-dizzy and cotton wool headed, but not much I can do but eat more salty foods and avoid using stairs! I hear you on the tiredness, I reckon I'm more tired in the last week or so than in the first trimester. But it's worth it of course! Glad your MS is gone though. Yep, I think I am the only girl mum (that we know of anyway) in the group. Funny, everyone I know is having boys! I guess baby girl will have more choice of boyfriends when she is old enough (at least 28, if my DH has his way!) Lou
- did you get double chockie intake? So cute about the tiny punches, I reckon that was them saying 'yes please mummy!!' Awwww....PCM
- great news! Fingers crossed that this one is the one, honey. Will be sending you all the best vibes on 20 April for your blood test and nice strong levels of HCG.Jlove
- the cot looks great! And bugmoon sounds good too - especially the spa treatments, mmmmm..... PowerBirth sounds interesting - is it just local to your area - I had a quick look at the site and it said Castle Hill?Pz
- welcome and congrats! Hope you get to hang out with us for the next 8 months. Your OB sounds fabulous, hold on to that one!Loulla
- Glad you enjoyed your babymoon. 25 weeks, wow! Can't wait til DH can feel the movement from the outside too, that must be lovely.DesHen
- great advice from your SIL - it's such a challenge staying positive after MC but I reckon every baby deserves the best and happiest start!Liltuss
- your break sounds nice too. What sort of pooches do you have? I think our babymoon will need to be dog-friendly as we always have trouble getting a dogsitter, so a country place sounds divine. Plus I am also a huge fan of doing nothing these days! I can definitely recommend swimming, makes you feel great and if you get tired you can just float and relax (it's like sleeping on your back, oh how I miss that). I have to get a new swimsuit too, mine is definitely not up to the job of covering my middle-mass anymore! And happy pre-birthday (and 43 is not old - and so long as baby is doing good, I reckon age is irrelevant!)
Hi to anyone I've missed, hope all's well out there.
AFM - 22 weeks today,a nd my first OB appointment at the RPA Birth Centre, so I should find out today if my low-lying placenta means they can't accept me there and I have to transfer to the labour ward. I hope not - I'm really keen on the birth centre and they've been great so far with answering any little queries over the phone, you're a lot less like just a number there - but at the end of the day, we want to do what's best for baby girl of course. Plus I would get easier access to drugs if I freak out and decide I want them, of course, so a bit of a silver lining there. We'll see!
Am feeling movement for sure now, especially at night when I'm relaxing on the sofa or trying to get to sleep. It's so lovely, just little wriggles (like someone else said, like a fish brushing up against you) and the odd little light punch or kick. Had a bit of a 'turn' last night - low blood pressure stuff, was nearly passing out and felt weird - so it's reassuring to be able to feel baby girl a little!
Speaking of sleep - is anyone else having trouble sleeping at the moment, esp if you're around the same stage as me (22 weeks)? I always used to be a great sleeper but in between peeing 4 or 5 times a night and being so restless in between, I'm not getting much sleep at all - feel absolutely buggered! Would be nice to see some of that famous second trimester energy surge
Anyway, seeing I'm skiving off work soon for my OB appt, I should really get back to it!
Love to all, have a great day xx
PS - oh god I want chocolate right now!!!