Photo
- - - - -

Review: Mamia Supa Fit Nappy

Posted by EB Product Panel , 19 December 2012 · 2540 views

Thank you for reviewing Mamia Supa Fit Nappies.

Below are some questions which may help you with writing your review, though you do not have to follow this format. You can also include other information that you feel is relevant or helpful in providing information on the product.

• What were your initial impressions of the product?
• Did you think the product was easy to use?
• What was your favourite thing about the product?
• What ideas do you have to make the product better?
• Would you recommend this product to others?

Please note: We ask you to provide reviews that are constructive and fair in assessing the positive and negative qualities of the product.

Thanks for your time and we look forward to reading your review.

A good amount of nappies in the package

Yes very easy to use

The amount of liquid that it could hold without seeping through

Nicer pictures on it

Yes most certainly
Mamia Walker Unisex Nappies 13-18kg 48pk
Packaging looks great. State very clearly about the product . I love how the packaging can be snapped in half for easy opening.

Yes, especially if you have active baby.

It is value for money. And it is a quality product

Have it in bulk, instead of in 48nappies per package

Off course.
Mamia Walker Unisex Nappies 13-18kg 48pk

The packs looked good, very easy to open

Yes the tabs are very stretchy.

Comparing the sizing to other brands these nappies are more generous-which is a big bonus

I would love a nappy that doesn't have any pictures on it. Alot of my daughters clothing you can see the pictutures of the nbappies through her clothes.

Sure wood. They are great, with an even better price tag!
Newborn
Simple Unisex design, easy to open

Yes, from opening the packet to the nappies themselves. Great tabs.

They coped better than I expected with #3's

Maybe plainer/lighter designs so you can't see them under clothes. Definitely wish that all Mamia nappies came in bulk permanently.

Yes and I already do. Unbeatable value.
These nappies are a great buy, and at a low price they ARENT low in quality!

Standard plastic packaging, not too wasteful. Colors of the packaging are bright and attractive and packaging is neutral and not boyish or girlish. Packaging is also very informative and shows other Mamia products that I wasnt previously aware of.
Very easy to use. The great thing about this product that other nappies dont have is the extra flaps on the front hips that overlap with velcro that does the nappy up. This means you have extra coverage and less chance of the nappy coming undone or riding up.
My favourtie thing about these nappies is the quality of the elastic leak guards around the legs. They have a triple layer of elastic that means you have less chance of a blowout!
The only thing I could think of to improve this product is perhaps to have a 'boy' and 'girl' range with cute pictures on the nappy, rather than just the unisex ones as the pictures on the unisex nappies are quite ordinary and almost look boyish.
Definitely. It is a quality product at a fraction of the price and you dont even have to buy in bulk like some other brands in order to get the great price. I will definitely be using these nappies in the future..
Toddler

Easy pack to open

Yes, easy to put on with a wiggly baby.

Not chunky so easy to put on shorts/pants without having a massive padded bottom. Yet it still was very absorbent

Possibly have packs in bulk.

Yes - good on price and just as absorbent as other "higher priced" nappies

sars_angelchik
Jan 22 2013 05:25 PM
I reviewed the Mamia Infant sized nappies-

My initial impression of this product was of satisfaction- the product appeared attractive and colourful and looked like it would be up to the standards that I would expect. I love the unisex pattern on the nappies, the size is good and Aldi are the only nappies that I have seen that have tabs at the front to make for a better fit and reduce the risk of leakages.
The product is as easy to use as any other nappy that I have tried and I have used brands such as Huggies, Baby Love, Coles, etc.  
My favourite thing about the product is that it is made from a material that seems to feel a lot drier when the nappy is full. I have tried the Baby Love 'Dri wave' nappies before and found that whilst they were a satisfactory product, the Aldi branded nappies are actually better at making my little one feel drier over night and they also seem to be better at keeping in her poos, which can be quite large as she is breast fed and often won't poo for a few days. The other thing that I will comment on is that the tabs aren't so sticky that they get stuck and I have trouble pulling them out when putting the clean nappy on baby. I found that recently when using Huggies, many of the tabs were stuck down so badly that I was almost having to tear them to get them undone and ready for use.
I think the product could be better if they had girl and boy designs, as some of the bigger brands do, but other than that I can't think of anything that I would change as they are an excellent product that I will definitely use in the future.
I highly recommend this product! It is much cheaper than all the branded nappies and I think it has a superior quality, even to Huggies.

FeralPerthFembo
Jan 23 2013 12:15 AM
I reviewed the toddler size

What were your initial impressions of the product?
I found the design on them quite ugly, specifically the poo brown coloured koala. It's quite unattractive. Also while flat, they are thicker than my usual brand so take up more room in my bag.

Yes. As easy as any other brand.

My daughter (21m) loved the koalas. She thinks its fantastic and when it's nappy change time she actually asks for the "koala nappy".
Nice long stretchy tabs are very good.
Good that its unisex.

If you took off the brown koala and just kept the blue and green ones they would be much nicer looking. I found it awkward that the pack wasnt split into smaller packs inside.

No. Compared to my current brand (woolies select) they are fatter before use and much bigger in use (at least 1/3 more puffed up with wee than my normal brand). Also as said before, they are quite ugly.

I would say these are as good as huggies, but not as good as my usual brand.
Mamia Junior Unisex Nappies 16-25kg 44pk

hair salons
Jan 28 2013 05:37 PM
the kid's surprising make me take a look at the product
clear using construction, no leakage
• What was your favorite thing about the product?
the price is cheap but the quality is not compromising.
make it more comfortable
if someone ask me, i will recommend this product
hair salons
Aldi Nappies Sample: Walker (13 - 18kgs)

• Initial impressions of the product:
The nappies seemed thinner than my usual brand (Huggies) so I was concerned about absorbency initially, but found that they were fine - my daughter is now only wearing a night-time nappy.

Yes, simple to use. No leakage.

My daughter really liked the design on the nappies (dinosaurs) and wanted to wear these instead of our usual brand!

Make available in WA.  Aldi is currently not available here.

Yes, if they were available in WA.
Toddler 10-15kg

Simple, bright packaging. The nappies themselves felt soft and a decent thickness, the koala design isn't that attractive to me, but it was a novelty for my son who liked to have a good look at it while I was taking off his dirty nappy.

The nappies were easy to use, easy to unfold and unfold the sticky tabs which helps with a wriggly toddler.

I like the tabs which help you to get a good fit when fastening the sticky tabs.

Maybe a funkier design? But that is cosmetic, not functional. I was very happy with the quality of the nappies, especially for the low price.

Definitely. The quality is comparable with more expensive nappies.
Trialled Toddler 10-15kgs
What were your initial impressions of the product?
They were very thin. It doesn’t look like they could do the job properly but they do

Yes. It opened out like a normal disposable nappy. The sticky grips on the side worked well, holding the nappy together tightly.

I liked the easy to open plastic perforated section in the middle of the nappy packet. Such a simple idea but very useful

Maybe to make the leg elastic abit firmer. We didn’t have any leaks but there could be a potential if you brought the size too big for your baby

I would. I think for a lower priced disposable nappy, they done a great job on my bub. Would suggest to anyone that they purchase the Mamia nappy brand

Crawler 6-11kg

Bright packaging, easy to read and identify size. Nappy seemed thinner than other disposables. Cute design. Easy to find tabs and put on right way first time (believe me this can be an issue when sleep deprived!)

Yes. Once I figured out where to open the packet.

The stretchy tabs helped to get the fit right

I'm finding that although my DD is smack bang in the middle of the recommended weight range, the rise doesn't seem to be big enough for her. Leg elastic fits fine but top gapes a bit, or top is nice and snug and it's uncomfortable around the legs. Consequently we have had a few overnight leaks although day times are fine. She is tall for her age though. I think we may have to give sizing up a go.

Yes.

Recent Comments

Search My Blog

Share the little things that make you smile

We're giving away a Mountain Buggy nano, the ultimate travel stroller - and here are some of the great entries so far.

Toddler pleads for return of "stolen" nose

A two-year-old's reaction to a game of "got your nose" shows it doesn't take much to make a toddler cry.

The 15 photos new parents share (and five they don't)

From the first scan photo to the baby covered in cake at their first birthday party, there are 15 photos most parents seem to share - and some they don't.

Doctor sings first Happy Birthday to newborns

His job is to deliver babies, but this US obstetrician also has a unique way of celebrating the miracle of life.

Breastfeeding friendly caf goes viral

A photo of a breastfeeding-friendly sign in a cafe has been posted to Facebook and shared by hundreds of mums around the world.

First look at the Bugaboo Bee3

The newest Bugaboo Bee ? the Bee3 ? offers a variety of improved features, including a much asked-for bassinet and a rainbow of colour combinations.

Childcare costs, not paid leave, the real issue for parents

Given the choice between maintaining their wage for six months to have a child, or having a reduced rate of pay for a time but a better deal on childcare when returning to work, there are no odds on what most working parents would choose.

Win a Mountain Buggy nano

We?re giving away the new Mountain Buggy Nano - the lightweight travel buggy! So show us the little things that make you smile for your chance to win.

We lost three babies in two years

Our first pregnancy ended the way we all expected it to - with a healthy, happy baby in our arms. What a true blessing he was, for we were not to know the heartache we were about endure.

Family turned back from doomed flight MH17

'There must have been someone watching over us and saying, 'You must not get on that flight,' says mother who narrowly avoided boarding the Malaysian Airlines flight which exploded in mid-air over the Ukraine last night.

The myths and facts about "normal" breastfeeding

When it comes to successful breastfeeding, there is a wide variety to what is "normal", according to new research.

Adorable Skeanie loafers for kids

Your little toddler or preschooler can now get their nautical on with a new range of classic loafers by Australian show brand Skeanie.

My baby is hypermobile

For months, I have been telling myself not to worry that Jasmin isn't crawling or walking. This week I heard the term hypermobile for the first time.

When you don?t bond with your baby

They say that there is no bond greater than the bond between a mother and her child. But for some women, the mother-baby bond takes more time and effort to develop.

Yumi Stynes: Having a baby after a 10-year break

After a long break, Yumi Stynes gets a reminder of the pain - and the pleasure - of giving birth.

Grieving father asks for help to Photoshop his daughter's image

When Nathan Steffel's daughter Sophia died from a liver condition at just 6 weeks old, he reached out for someone to create a beautiful image of his little girl.

Raising kids in a 'low media' home

Can you imagine a life without TV or computers? Some parents are opting for a low-tech, screen-free life for their kids.

Download now: Essential Kids Activity Finder app

Got bored kids? Quickly find the best activities for kids wherever you are in Australia with the Essential Kids app.

Advertisement

Advertisement

What's hot on EB

Win a Mountain Buggy nano

We?re giving away the new Mountain Buggy Nano - the lightweight travel buggy! So show us the little things that make you smile for your chance to win.

Be careful what you say, your baby is listening

The importance of speaking to your baby even if they are not old enough to answer back has been highlighted by new research.

The beautiful moment a baby was born at the side of a road

It's not where she expected to give birth, but mum Corrine Cinatl is delighted that her daughter's roadside arrival was captured in a series of beautiful photos.

Doctor sings first Happy Birthday to newborns

His job is to deliver babies, but this US obstetrician also has a unique way of celebrating the miracle of life.

The Nappy Collective starts new drive

It's that time of year when the dedicated volunteers at The Nappy Collective do their bit to help out mums and children in need - and they need your help.

Baby shower cake wrecks

From misshapen cake babies to questionable text, from odd colour choices to internal organ recreation, these are the baby shower cakes that taste forgot.

Photographer captures the beauty of adoption

The love of a family is usually tough to capture on camera. This is an exception.

Pregnancy progression photo ideas

Want to record your pregnancy as your belly grows? Here are some creative, fun ideas for photo shoots along the way.

The myths and facts about "normal" breastfeeding

When it comes to successful breastfeeding, there is a wide variety to what is "normal", according to new research.

Tin can craft and DIY ideas

Got a few old formula, Milo or coffee cans around the house? Use these fantastic upcycling ideas to create items for around the house and yard.

Dads meet their newborn for the first time

Emotional photos of two fathers meeting their newborn son have resonated with viewers worldwide, attracting thousands of Facebook likes and shares.

Skin safety isn't just a summer worry

Lax about the slip slop slap with your kids as weather turns cooler? Here's a reminder as to why we have to remain vigilant for our children?s future health.

Personalised baby gifts

We've scoured the internet to find gorgeous personalised keepsakes and nursery decor to record baby name and dates. They make great gifts for christenings, name days and birthdays! (All prices in AU.)

Creative sleeping baby photoshoots

See how some parents and photographers have captured sleeping babies in unusual positions and using different props.

DIY kitchen and food hacks

DIY your way to a better kitchen and make cooking easier with our clever hacks. (Some content reproduced with permission from mashable.com.)

Winter warmers for babies and toddlers

Your baby or toddler will be nice and snug in these beautiful and fun winter pieces. Most are hand-made or knitted, and they're all designed to keep your little one toastie - and adorable!

Mind, body, beauty, life

Making time for me

We look at your wellbeing, covering health, relationships, beauty and fashion, mind and body.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.