Photo
- - - - -

Comfort Pure Product Review Panel

Posted by EB Product Panel , 22 August 2012 · 2840 views

Thank you for reviewing Comfort Pure.

Below are some questions which may help you with writing your review, though you do not have to follow this format. You can also include other information that you feel is relevant or helpful in providing information on the product.

• What were your initial impressions of the product?
• Did you think the product was easy to use?
• What was your favourite thing about the product?
• What ideas do you have to make the product better?
• Would you recommend this product to others?

Please note: We ask you to provide reviews that are constructive and fair in assessing the positive and negative qualities of the product.

Thanks for your time and we look forward to reading your review.

When I recieved the product my initial reaction was that the packaging looked clean and crisp and I liked the fresh white colour.

My favourite thing about this product was the smell that radiated while it was being used. It is rare to find a product that does not irritate the skin of my daughter but lets me enjoy a good scent as well.

Depending on the products price point when I am next at the supermarket I will definately be an avid user of this product. The results were beyond my expectations and I will definately recommend the product to others.
I was so excited to receive this bottle in the post.  I am 35 weeks pregnant with baby number 2 and had literally that morning started washing all the linens etc for the bassinet.  I immeadiately chucked them all back in the machine and washed them with the Comfort Pure.  

I really love the smell of fresh washing but given I am using this for a newborn baby I really didn’t want an overpowering smell or feel of chemicals and so I was really pleased that this was the case. I liked the mild smell in the bottle and also the fact that it was barely detectable when the washing was complete.

I have used the bottle for three loads of washing so far and am quite pleased with the results.  Its been so dry and windy lately and I did think that using the comfort pure would mean that my washing was less “crisp” when it came off the line but this wasn’t exactly the case.  The towels still felt crisp, but not as much as the beach towels I had washed the day before without comfort.  I can only presume this is a result of the less harsh chemicals used to be softer to skin, so I am all for it.

I will look at the price of the product the next time I am in store and will consider buying some to use for the childrens clothes and bedding.  I am so pleased to have tried it, super easy to use, liked the scent and have already mentioned it to a few of my baby friends.
I really like the look of the bottle - easy to read, obvious what it is, and a nice image.

Comfort Pure is easy to use, and I LOVE the smell of it.  Not only do my toddler's clothes, towels and bedding smell lovely, the laundry smelt clean and fresh after using it too.  A lovely aroma that is not too overpowering or "heady" like some can be.

I also liked that the towels especially felt softer, and it didn't have a "slimy" feeling that some fabric softeners seem to leave.  I put a pair of my teen sons flanelette sleep pants in the wash too and even he noticed how soft they felt.

I would recommend this product to others and have already, and I can't think of anything that would make this product better.  I will be purchasing this regularly.
Well i got mine in the mail and opened the parcel. And i thought the packaging was clear and also cute with the baby on the front.

I havent use softners before and found it easy to use. I washed my children's soft toys in it. And the smell is devine and lasted for days. And my children thought it was wonderful to have their soft toys softer. and they loved the smell.

My favourite thing about it is easy to use and works straight away leaving everything smelling lovely and sooo soft.

I'm am now converted in using softners. I will be adding this product to my shopping list once I have finished washing everything i can get my hands on that I can use on it. And makes washing enjoyable knowing I get something lovely and soft that smells devine and the smell lingers gently around the room of the washed items.

yes I would recommend this to others out there. for someone that was not a huge fan of softners this has changed my mind. highly recommend. And i have told others about this already.

thank you for allowing me to try this.
I had seen this product in the supermarket prior to receiving my sample.  I usually steer clear of products for sensitive skin and the like as they normally dont have a smell and i do like to have a scent on my clean clothes. Having no one in my family with sensitive skin i dont have to be careful/
I was impressed that this product not only had a smell, but that it was quite strong and lingered for days after washing.  
It left my clothes smelling fresh and feeling soft.

I would definately buy this product, and would recommend it to anyone!
• What were your initial impressions of the product? Nice, simple and cute packaging.

• Did you think the product was easy to use? Yes, the product has clear instructions.

• What was your favourite thing about the product? The smell. It was nice and pleasant without being overpowering.

• What ideas do you have to make the product better? None.

• Would you recommend this product to others? Yes however I wouldn't use it again. My toddler suffers from eczema and reacted to it. All his clothes had to be re-washed  and rinsed in white vinegar to get rid of the softner. It's a shame because I did love the way my washing smelled after using the product.
First impression was oh dear lord, no childproof lid and my toddler stole it! Once I got it back and began using it I was impressed. Smells great, makes things softer. I like that my machine manufacturer reccomends it. My excema daughter didn't have any reaction. Shall keep using!

~*dragonfly*~
Sep 18 2012 09:08 AM
• What were your initial impressions of the product? I think the packaging is reflective of the product.
• Did you think the product was easy to use? Yes
• What was your favourite thing about the product? The scent is lovely and subtle and it stays with the clothes. I dry all my clothes in the drier and fabric softener makes all the difference! I rarely have to iron a piece of clothing.
• What ideas do you have to make the product better? Nil
• Would you recommend this product to others? I've been using Comfort for years, it was nice to try a new scent. I would def recommend this product. When I pulled my children's clothes out for today, they smelt lovely and fresh.
I thought the packaging was clean fresh and I knew it was gentle for babies just by looking at it. The product was very easy to use, and it was lovely and creamy with a delicious scent that made all the clothing and bedding soft and silky. As I have a large family I would like to see a larger bottle available. I am a fabric softener convert and have been for a year, so in comparison to other softeners this is a softener that I would recommend to my friends . And thank you so much for the opportunity to try and review  original.gif
I never use softener so was very interested in this trial. The bottle I received to trial had easy to follow instructions, looked nice and had a lovely picture on the front. My favourite thing is the lovely smell it gave my washing although I am dissapointed in the fact I don't think it made any difference to the softness of my washing. I did a load of towels expecting to find a huge difference but didn't notice any. So if you are after something to make your clothes smell nice then I recommend it but if you are after softer clothes then I have to say I wouldn't recommend this product.
I really have never used a softener before, so this was a chance to try before i buy. The product has simple instructions so was easy to use and left laundry items feeling somewhat softer and smelling lovely and fresh. I would recommend to others that use softeners, but feel that i can get the same fresh smell from my laundry powders.
Thankyou for letting me try this product.
Initial impressions was that I had received quite a large sample, was happy with the way it looked.
The product was very easy to use, the instructions were very clear.
This product is the best smelling fabric softener I have used, and I have been using fabric softener for years, rotating around the brands that are on special.
I don't know how you could make the product better.
I would definitely recommend the product to others, in fact I went out and bought the product again as I was so impressed.
Thank you!

butterfly91
Sep 23 2012 08:11 AM
when im looking for this kind of product (for my baby) mainly after having 2 prems with delicate skin, fist thing im looking for is SENSITIVE, i never seen that at first, but after reading the back, found out that was suitable, in the shops i would have walked straight passed it, but in saying that im very happy to have tried it, smells so nice, you only need to use a little, cloths were so soft, but daughter had no reactions like she normaly would, so im convinced to made to switch, im greatful ive tried it and will be recommending!!
thank you
• What were your initial impressions of the product?
It was pleasant smelling, easy to use and lovely packaging.
• Did you think the product was easy to use?
It was very easy to use.
• What was your favourite thing about the product?
My favourite thing about the product was the smell and the fact that all the clothes and towels were nice and soft and felt lovely to touch.
• What ideas do you have to make the product better?
The product is very good. I don't think that is anything that would make it better.
• Would you recommend this product to others?
I would definitely recommend this product to my friends as they have smelt the clothes and wondered what I had used.
Thank you for considering me in this product trial.
Loved this product!

Was very excited to receive it. The packaging was beautiful and really caught my eye. Made it look a bit 'fancy'.

And the smell, the smell was wonderful!! Left my clothes smelling so nice, and left them feeling so soft!

Will give this product a 10/10 for sure! Only down fall was it didn't last very long!
I will def be buying this again and recommending it to all!
I liked how the fabric conditioner presented. The bottle looked fresh and clean, design was simple and cute. The liquid was a nice consistency and the smell was lovely.

There were clear instructions on the bottle about how to use the fabric conditioner. These were easy to understand.

The smell or fragrance of the conditioner was what I liked the best. It smelt fresh, not a sickly sweet smell. It was also not to strong. I loved the way it left my clothes smelling.

There was no residue left on the clothes or in the machine dispenser. This is a problem I've had with fabric conditioner in the past so I was pleasantly surprised to see that this conditioner didn't have that issue.

My husband (who gets terrible eczema) found that he had no reaction to clothes that had been washed with the conditioner, making the product claim of being useable on sensitive skin believable.

I would have no hesitation in recommending this product to others and would be happy to purchase it again.

Crystalle10
Sep 28 2012 11:39 AM
I liked the look of the bottle when it arrived. Nice and fresh looking.
Easy to read the instructions of use.
Very nice smell to the product which I liked, it wasn't overpowering at all.
My towels after using this in the load came out softer.
Only suggestion was that the opening was quite large so could accidentally tip too much out at once, maybe a funnel type contraption would be better.
Yes I would recommend this product to others. I will look out for it next time I'm at the supermarket.
Thank you.

Thanks for letting me trial Comfort Pure. I don't normally use a fabric softener because I find that they don't really help.
  • My first impression was that it was a rather small bottle. But after using it I realised a little goes a long way.
  • It was extremely easy to use and smelled gorgeous.
  • My favourite thing about Comfort Pure would have to be the smell. I actually enjoyed hanging out my washing and bringing it back in when dry because it smelt so lovely.
  • I would definately recommend this product as I found it left my clothes, expecially my towels, cuddly, soft and smelling gorgeous. It left no residue in my machine and none on my washing.

Thumbs UP

Vintage mumma
Nov 07 2012 07:59 AM
Thank you for the opportunity to trial this gorgeous product.

As soon as i opened the package i could smell the product even before i opened the bottle, the scent was wonderful and strong which is lovely.

I waited until i had finished the current bottle of softner i was using so i could compare, i popped it into my first load and was pleasantly surprised with the result.

My clothes came out smelling lovely and were so soft and cuddly, my son who has extreme eczema didn't have an issue with it.

I am happy to say i have bought quite a few bottles of this since and i will continue to choose this one and the right one for me and my family.

mumof2girlsgap
Jun 24 2013 02:11 PM
I loved using this! the smell it left on the clothes wasn't too over powering but just a nice subtle smell. The clothes were so soft and left smelling good. it didn't leave any marks on the clothes like some fabric softeners do. After trialling this sample I went and bought some. love love love 10/10!

Recent Comments

Search My Blog

WIN an exclusive performance from Sam Moran!

To celebrate the release of children?s musical series Play Along with Sam, out now on DVD, we?re giving one lucky parent the chance to have Sam perform at their child?s pre-school or day care!

Toddler freed after getting trapped in escalator

A shopping centre escalator needed to be pulled apart to free a toddler's trapped hand.

Why I'm kind of excited about my daughter's nits

Is it weird to say that I am secretly thrilled to find that my daughter Edie has nits?

Baby born at 10:11 on 12-13-14

Well, it's actually 13-12-14 to us over here. But still, Clare Elizabeth Keane's consecutive numerical birth time is pretty special.

On holding tightly and loving fiercely

We can't live in fear. This post is about Christmas and how at this time we should be celebrating life and grateful for what we have: our loved ones who we cherish fiercely.

Babies, relatives and coping with Christmas day

Everyone will love your baby but your baby may not be so happy to be passed around a lot of new people - nor may you want to feed with an audience.

Why I won't be posting pictures of my baby on Facebook

There are pros and cons to this policy.

The myths and truths of gender swaying

Here are a few popular methods hopeful parents-to-be use to try to get a baby of their preferred gender – and what an expert says about whether they really work.

10 easy DIY Christmas decoration ideas

It's officially time to get into the Christmas spirit. Why not branch out when you put up your tree this year and add a personal touch with a few DIY decorations? We've found the perfect easy-to-make ways to put more festive fever into your home.

The dangerous new trend of glucose challenge test refusal

A dangerous trend is seeing more mothers-to-be declining a relatively simple and painless test to check for gestational diabetes.

Office of Fair Trading reveals naughty toys ahead of Christmas

The Office of Fair Trading has pulled seven toys from shelves ahead of Christmas after they fail safety tests.

Video: Baby boy's trouble with twins

These twin girls will no doubt have fun fooling people in years to come, but nobody will be as confused as baby Landon.

Long-term reversible male contraceptive on its way

Men could soon have access to an injectable long-term contraceptive which works in a similar way to a vasectomy but promises to be easily reversed.

'I tried to kill my baby': one mum's story

After bathing and dressing her three-month-old son, Amanda had a rare moment alone with her baby.

Attack of the 'mummy brain'

I feel that almost every day, someone in my life - be they a friend, family member or complete stranger - feels the need to excuse my behaviour as I have other things on my mind.

Mum of baby who fell ill after drinking raw milk speaks out

A Melbourne mother has described how her son turned grey when he became seriously ill after drinking raw milk.

Australian divorce rate lowest since 1976

Modern newlyweds are now well into their 30s and marriage still offers something powerful a new book argues.

The aftermath of a traumatic birth experience

In Australia, 30 per cent of women find their birth experience traumatic, with 6 per cent going on to develop post traumatic stress disorder (PTSD).

Young mum burns 'from inside-out'

A young mum is in intensive care after she took a friend's antibiotic and wound up with an ailment that is burning her body 'from the inside-out'.

The disagreement that can break a relationship

If he doesn't change his mind, all I can hope is that I will. It would be a waste to spend the rest of my marriage mourning a baby that never was.

Download now: Essential Kids Activity Finder app

Got bored kids? Quickly find the best activities for kids wherever you are in Australia with the Essential Kids app.

Advertisement

Advertisement

What's hot on EB

Co-sleeping or no-sleeping? Mum videos worst nap ever

One mother's futile attempt to sleep in caught on camera in a hilarious - and very cute - video.

Why children misbehave during the festive season

While we all like to imagine the holiday season as being a fun, loving and bonding experience; often our reality is quiet different.

I was fat-shamed by my doctor

The fear of being weighed is the most significant factor in women cancelling medical appointments - and now weight-shaming has happened to me.

End of an era: no more childcare

As we reach the end of 2014, we're closing the book on many things for another year, most notably childcare. Our last child has attended childcare for the very last time.

WIN an exclusive performance from Sam Moran!

To celebrate the release of children?s musical series Play Along with Sam, out now on DVD, we?re giving one lucky parent the chance to have Sam perform at their child?s pre-school or day care!

The 7-year itch is more like the 10-year itch: study

Contrary to popular belief, making it past the seven-year mark doesn't mean your marriage will be smooth sailing from there on.

Should children be forced to sit on Santa's lap?

We teach kids it’s okay to say no if they don’t feel safe, so why do some parents force their children to climb in to Santa's lap?

Stop telling us that parenting gets harder

I’m sure that parenting will get harder. But life isn’t exactly smooth sailing for many of us right now, either.

Baby born weighing almost 14 pounds

Yes, the bouncing baby girl was born by caesarean section. And mum says no more kids.

The dummy debate

I'm the first to admit that when I used to see tiny babies with dummies in their mouths, I thought "Hmm, lazy parenting." And now I apologise.

'I thought I was an only child'

Imagine meeting your double at a school sports event, or regularly being mistaken for someone you haven't met. Separated twins Margaret and Joy tell their story.

Carers admit to force-feeding children

As Sydney grieves the loss of Sydney siege victims Katrina Dawson and Tori Johnson, reports have suggested that both died as heroes.

How many weeks til Christmas?

On your To-Do list

Get the "Santa" shopping done without the kids in tow.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.