Photo
- - - - -

Radiant Washing Powder

Posted by EB Product Panel , 16 May 2012 · 1565 views

We hope you liked the Radiant Washing Powder sample you received.

Radiant's most advanced formula has the power to work on 7 day stains even without pre-treaters, while protecting your whites from colour bleeding accidents. Delivering radiant results everytime, it's your guardian angel in the laundry!

We look forward to hearing your review on how Radiant Advanced worked for you and your family.

Please let us know what you thought of Radiant Advanced by answering the following questions in the comment section below:

- Had you used Radiant Advanced before?

- Do you have a top loader or front loader machine?

- Would you recommend the product to others?

- What was the biggest difference in using Radiant Advanced?

I have never used radiant before and was a little apprehensive when the box arrived and I could smell its overpowering scent before I had even unwrapped the package.
I trialled it on a load of whites and colours and was pleased with the results. My clothes were fresh smelling but not overpowering, clean and soft.
I trialled the top loader radiant advanced and it dissolved fully and didn't leave any soap residue on my clothes.
This is definitely a product I will be looking out for on the supermarket shelf.
I regularly use Radiant dark wash but had no used the front loader radiant before and was I suitably impressed with how well it removed stains from my husbands dirty work clothes. I use have since done a load of towels and loved how soft and fluffy they came out plus the smell was nice too. Good product, definitely purchase next time. Thanks Essential Kids and Radiant.  tthumbs.gif
I don't remember if I have used Radiant in the past, but I will be using from now on.
I have a top loader and have done a few washes by now with kid’s clothes and towels and I'm really impressed, it really removes the stains.
Great product, would recommend to others.
Thanks you Essential Kids and Radiant for the sample.

waitingfor#3
Jun 04 2012 05:33 PM
Radiant smells awesome and it did a great job of getting the stains out of my 3 little girls clothes! We would continue to use for the smell alone but the fact it gets all those stains out as well it's amazing!!
I trialled Radiant Advanced and had fantastic results with food stained baby clothes.

the powder smells great and i didn't have to use a lot to get great results

lovingmother
Jun 04 2012 07:50 PM
I trialled Radiant,  I have never used radiant before as the price was a lot more then other brands on the market. After the first wash I can see why it makes all my clothes  and towels  lovely and soft and does not give off that flower smell. It even get's out the hard stains. biggrin.gif
I have used Radiant before and I quite like the smell and that it leaves the clothes smelling "fresh".  I have not used it though since I purchased a new front loader washing machine and found it great with keeping the towels from going hard as I have found tends to happen with my fast spinning front loader!!

It does a good job of getting out most of the dirt that my 3 grubby little boys clothes pick up and I would use it again and would definately recommend it.

Hooray Henry
Jun 04 2012 09:48 PM
Thank you for the opportunity to trial Radiant.

It's done a great job on my kid's grubby clothes and has left them clean and soft.  I tend to use a little less powder than recommended, and I still found that it worked really well.

I didn't notice that it smelt strongly at all, just a lovely fresh scent.

I would recommend it and use it again.

This was the first time I had tried Radiant in my front loader. I would recommended it to others due to its great stain-removing ability. Clothes came out clean and bright. But for myself, the smell was quite overwhelming. As we dry the clothes inside, we usually use a non or lightly fragranced detergent. Will try the product again in the dryer months when we line-dry outside.
This was the first time I tried Radiant Advanced for front loader machines. I have used Radiant in the past but now use an organic liquid which isn't as strongly fragranced nor leaves residue.
I used the powder to wash a load of bassinet sheets, firstly I was surprised at the enormous scoop size seeing as most detergents are now concentrates and have tiny scoops.
This put me off a bit and I only used a 1/4 scoop also I dint have a full load.
It washed well and the sheets smelt lovely but there was still powder residue in the machine where you put it in for the wash.
I personally wouldn't buy it  as I prefer a liquid detergent,but I will try it a few times again on larger loads and more soiled clothing.
My first time too using Radiant. Thanks for the trial. I have a front loader washing machine and purposely used Radiant on a load of washing with stubborn stains including caramelised balsamic vinegar and red wine. Normally I would apply a stain remover on these stains before putting it in the wash, but I wanted to put Radiant to the test.

I was impressed with how well the stains were removed with just a scoop of Radiant, and I quite liked the scent - clothes smelt very fresh.

I'm not sure why I haven't tried Radiant in the past, but I will definitely keep using it and will recommend to friends and family.
Tried the new Radiant, Very happy with the result.  Washing is clean and bright and smells lovely.  Have used Radiant (old one) in the past and this one is much better.  I usually buy washing powder when it is on special, so will be keeping an eye out for it.  Would certainly recommend it to others biggrin.gif
I was so excited to be selected for this as I use Radiant black wash all the time.  When I opened the package I was surprised at the scent as it was much stronger than I'm used to, as I wash most of my kids clothes and linens in low allergen wash.  For that reason, I just couldn't bring myself to trial this - despite all the great reviews!  I've given the box to my friend, who reports that it washes really well and she's really happy.  I will never know if the scent is as strong in the clothes as it seems in the box, as I found it just too off putting.  Sorry!
Thanks for the sample original.gif  I use Radiant most of the time and have always been pleased with the product.  I have a front loader washer.  I liked the smell of the product and didn't find it at all overpowering; I was also happy with the wash results.  I would definitely recommend the product to others.  The only downside for me was in the opening of the product.  That cardboard strip just didn't want to come away too easily!  It came off eventually in about 3 pieces.  I also agree with an earlier post about the surprise of the size of the scoop when many others are reducing theirs.  I am not aware of the cost of this product but will happily keep using the Radiant I get from my chemist for under $2 a box original.gif

Green Sheep
Jul 29 2012 10:46 AM
I don't usually use Radiant but was happy to trial it.  The smell was vey strong when the box arrived but I quite like the scent it leaves on the washing.  The strip to open the box didn't  pull away easily.
I have a front loading washing machine and used the recommended dose for clothes, which is quite a large scoop compared to my usual brand.  I found it cleaned the clothes really well and I didn't need to add NapiSan to remove stains.
I would recommend this product and I will be looking for it at the supermarket.
Wow - what a great product! I had never used Radiant before so was curious to see what it would be like. The first thing I noticed was the smell - when it arrived I could smell the fragrance through the wrapping. Leaves a lovely fragrance on the clothes when washed - not overwhelming either.

I used it to wash the whole family's clothing and linen. Got out the really tough stains that toddlers and babies leave behind in their clothes and I didn't have to go back and do spot cleaning like I normally do.

Great product and if the price is right I'll certainly use it again original.gif

Recent Comments

Search My Blog

Special offer: The Baby & Toddler Show 2014

At The Baby & Toddler Show, you?ll find everything you need to get ready for your new arrival and guide you through the early weeks and years of parenting.

An open letter to Tony Abbott: please salvage our super

We face financial ruin, but most of us don?t realise it. If we don?t act together to salvage our superannuation, I have no doubt the new GFC will be the Girls? Financial Crisis.

'I'm happy to know I'm changing lives': surrogate mum of two

I know that once the baby is born, I will focus on the gift I have given, and watch the parents with their new child. I can't wait for that day.

Birth trauma and the issue of informed consent

There is a perception that women should just be happy they have a healthy baby in their arms. But for women who experienced birth trauma, there's a lot more to it.

Tips for managing pollen allergies and hayfever

They're simple tips, but they can have a big impact on those who suffer from hayfever and pollen allergies.

Ada Nicodemou shares tribute to her stillborn baby

Just over one month since Ada Nicodemou and her husband lost their second son, the Home and Away star has shared a touching poem for her baby.

Mum causes stir breastfeeding on train

?To the woman breastfeeding her kid on the train. Seriously! On the train?" began the letter of complaint.

10 things they don?t tell you about being pregnant

As I slowly waddle my ever-changing pregnant body towards the finishing line of my due date, it?s becoming increasingly clear there are a lot of things they just don?t tell you about pregnancy.

Overcoming a fear of the dark

A toddler's fear of the dark is very normal, but there are ways parents can help children through this stage in their development.

Kids, TV and movies: how young is too young?

It seems you don't have to throw the TV and iPad out the window - it all boils down to moderation, supervision and interaction.

Video: Baby's first birthday is a special day for mum, too

?A baby?s first birthday is also mum?s first birthday.?

The day Supernanny came to tea

Prince William's favourite celebrity child trainer Jo Frost puts Bryony Gordon and her toddler through their paces.

The words I hated hearing as new mum

It was less than a week after my son was born that I first heard it - from my mother.

To the pharmacist who sold me baby formula

On the rare occasion I catch sight of you at school, or around town, I think back to our earliest exchange. I?m sure you have no recollection of it at all.

Babies may benefit from autism therapy

Children showing signs of autism don't usually receive early intervention until well into toddlerhood or later, but a new study suggests infants with symptoms of the developmental disorder might benefit from therapy from as early as six months.

Knatalye and Adeline born with an everlasting bond

Knatalye Hope and Adeline Faith are a lot like any other identical twin girls, but there is one dramatic difference: they're joined at the chest and shares several internal organs.

The question this dad wishes he'd asked his wife

I should have seen that my wife wasn't the same person I'd fallen in love with, but we were both too focused on simply trying to get by.

Why we should talk about the deaths of the Hunt children

The deaths are too horrible even to think about. Yet we owe it to the children - Fletcher, Mia and Phoebe Hunt - to think long and hard about it all.

Baby dies of meningococcal weeks after vaccine application denied

A six-month-old girl has died from meningococcal disease just weeks after an application for government funding of a vaccine for the most deadly strain of the virus was rejected.

Finding the right balance when playing with your kids

Being too involved in our children?s play and not allowing our kids enough free time for unstructured activities can mean our kids miss out on the value that play offers.

Creative DIY light shades

The Pop Light light shade comes in a flat pack already made - it's up to you to design it as you'd like.

The battle of iParenting versus imagination

Have we forgotten how to be imaginative, resourceful parents?

Why movement is so important for your baby's growth

Letting your child move as much as possible in the early years ? using all senses, engaging in the real world, preferably outside ? will help them grow up healthier, smarter, calmer and stronger.

Download now: Essential Kids Activity Finder app

Got bored kids? Quickly find the best activities for kids wherever you are in Australia with the Essential Kids app.

Advertisement

Advertisement

What's hot on EB

Special offer: The Baby & Toddler Show 2014

At The Baby & Toddler Show, you?ll find everything you need to get ready for your new arrival and guide you through the early weeks and years of parenting.

Losing yourself to motherhood

While watching your baby grow into a unique little person is exciting and wondrous, the intensity of meeting everyone else?s needs can ever so sneakily overtake your own needs for self-care.

Tearing during delivery: the facts

Almost all women will experience bruising, grazing or tearing after a vaginal birth. Depending on the degree of tearing, there are various treatments available.

6 tips for a day out with a baby and toddler

Outings can be lots of fun with the kids, but there are inevitable challenges. Here's some information about days out to help you be a little more prepared.

Why I invited a dozen people to watch my son's birth

I sent invitations on burgundy scrapbooking paper stamped with a field of poppies, and told each person why I wanted him or her there. I warned that there would be nudity.

Getting labour started: tips for a natural induction

When your baby?s due date comes and goes without so much as a pop - let alone a bang - it can be disheartening. Mums and a doula share their stories of natural inductions.

7 mistakes old hands make with new babies

As I sat across the table from my friend ? me, a seasoned mother of three; her, a brand new mum ? I thought of all the mistakes an old-hand parent can make when visiting a newborn baby.

That's my boy: a dad's diary of the first 4 months

Unbearable anxiety, unspeakable joy, constant exhaustion and bouts of frustration ... The many shocks of first-time fatherhood resound in a dad's diary of his son's early months.

One of the most important things a new mum can do

Finances may not be as cute as a newborn, but with many women?s working arrangements changing post-baby, monetary matters need attention too.

Dying mum saves baby with last breath

Dying from a gunshot wound, Jessica Arrendale used the last of her energy to hide her baby from her killer.

Personalised baby gifts

We've scoured the internet to find gorgeous personalised keepsakes and nursery decor to record baby name and dates. They make great gifts for christenings, name days and birthdays! (All prices in AU.)

Reader offer

2 FOR 1 TICKET OFFER

For Shopping, For Advice, For Baby & You. Enjoy a special day out with fabulous shopping from over 200 brands, leading parenting experts offering advice on a range of topics, and amazing children?s entertainment

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.