Photo
- - - - -

KLEENEX COTTONELLE Flushable Moist Wipes for Kids

Posted by EB Product Panel , 24 January 2011 · 2363 views

KLEENEX COTTONELLE Flushable Moist Wipes for Kids have been designed to help ease the transition from you wiping your child’s bottom, to your child being able to wipe themselves effectively.

They are pre-moistened to provide a cleaner clean and are gentle and soft on little bottoms accustomed to baby wipes. However unlike baby wipes, these wipes are safe to flush.

Our members tested KLEENEX COTTONELLE Flushable Moist Wipes for Kids: here's what they had to say.

We’ve always used the Wiggles flushable wipes because my son doesn’t like the feel of dry toilet paper on his bottom.  I’ve always found them to be small and thin, but had no real other  child friendly, flushable option – until now!

I found the Kleenex wipes to be thicker, larger and therefore much easier to use - meaning also that I could just use one instead of two.  They separate as you pull them out, meaning that it’s a one handed job compared to two hands with the Wiggles wipes.  My overall impression of them is like comparing Huggies wipes to Supermarket Brand wipes – they’re thicker, more moist, and nicer to use.   The wipe itself is similar to a Huggies wipe but with cute little dogs on it  happy.gif

I just wish they were available at Coles because that’s where I regularly shop!  I will make a point of going elsewhere though just to buy the refills I was that happy with them.  Thanks!

My opinion before trying this product was that wipes for older kids and adults were a waste of money. I am still of that opinion to be honest, I wouldn't buy them.
They were easy to use, the kids loved the packaging, but they have a revolting smell, it nearly made me heave. The kids agreed with the odour issue. I did use them on my 23 mth old and they were fine, but I don't think they make toilet training any easier. My older children (8 and 5) didn't want to use 'wet wipes' on their bums.
If you are into purchasing wipes for kids I suppose they would be useful as they flush down the toilet. To be honest I didn't think they were as good as normal wipes - much smaller and smelly, there only benefit is the fact they flush away.
I wouldn't buy them or recommend them, but thanks for giving me the option of trying something I would never even try.
My daughter (3) really liked using them but then she had no problem with using toilet paper.  I can see they have a use but don't think the added expense and effort to have them handy when we go out would make me buy them again.

purplecrayon
Feb 20 2011 11:39 PM
I tried them on my 3 yr old daughter, to help her learn to wipe by herself.  She has struggled with dry toilet paper.  She actually does a good job with these wipes and usually only needs one.  She can also manage to open the pack by herself.  
I also liked that they separate, as when the kids get into the baby wipes they can pull multiple ones out as they keep pulling.  

The wipes are thick and large enough  to only need one and to keep the job as clean as is possible.  My daughter also liked the puppy pack and the idea of having her own special toilet paper.  I didn't find the scent overpowering.  

I think these will be handy while she is learning to do it for herself.  Thanks for the opportunity to try these.
These arrived at an extremely convenient time in my house as  my 5 year old had a sore bottom from a bad case of ....yes the dreaded worms!!! He really needed something better than conventional toilet paper to help soothe his bottom which had been irritated. We loved these for this reason!  I am hoping that we will  not need these again in the near future for the same reason but will definitely buy them again if needed!  Thanks for the opportunity!
Thanks Kleenex for letting us trial the cottenelle flushable wipes. Our 3 year old was so chuffed to receive them in the mail.

He's still in the toilet training stage so they've come at a great time.

Really loving the soft dispenser. (where the wipes come out of the box) Saves on scratching my fingers when the wipes fall back in the box. I think this is a great feature.
The fun designs make him want to go to the toilet in the first place.
They've got a great moisture balance....not too wet but wet enough to do the job.

I'm not sure we will buy them though as we have a newborn therefore  already have the expense of wet wipes.

~*Twilight~Zone*~
Feb 28 2011 07:28 PM
The dispenser broke after only a few uses and now doesn't close so I've had to tape it down so they don't dry out.

Smell isn't all too pleasant but then again not a major issue although if they smelt like baby powder I would use them too.

Compared to the Kleenex ones we normally use they are thicker but slightly smaller in size.  Also I like the dispenser I have on the wall with the Kleenex ones (although you can no longer buy this) as I've had to put this box on the floor which is a nuisance having to reach down to get it whereas the one on the wall is right next to the toilet paper and a lot easier to reach.

Overall okay but a bit pricey for my liking so I'll stick with the kleenex ones I think.

Thanks for giving the me opportunity to try them.

Where on earth are these sold? I can't find them anywhere!
We tried them. They are actually really good. They are nice and thick, a good size, and make wiping bums much smoother and easier. My daughter likes to dry herself after using htem, but I can be sure she's nice and clean then!

one-fine-day
Mar 03 2011 04:50 PM
Thanks EB & Kleenex!
we got our sample box and were impressed it was the actual size box that is at shops, not just a "sample sachet".

The pop-open lid is a single finger press (quite a firm press though - sometimes needs a nudge up) and the rubbery dispenser thingo ensures only one is grabbed at a time - which is great.

Others have mentioned the smell.. i dont mind it.. it reminds me of a smell from my childhood.. not sure .. one of the strawberry shortcake figurines?? but not strawberry ... a peachy kinda smell

the size of the wipe is quite adequate for the use - nice and thick too.

DS feels a bit special to be using his own special toilet paper.. especially now he is just staring out on the TT journey.

Thanks for allowing us to try this product.

blissfulqueenb
Mar 07 2011 02:19 PM
My daughter likes them and for the sake of giving them a fair try in order to review the product properly, we've used the whole box - one toilet trip at a time.  

I found the dispenser a bit annoying.  I had to leave these on the floor next to the toilet and my 22mth old thought it was hilarious to cart them around the house, drop them on the floor and then hours later I would discover the container missing the lid and drying out.  The concept of only one wipe coming out at a time was a good one, although didn't work so well in practise, as I could often not grasp the next one without removing the whole lid (a difficult task when there's a poo bum in your face and you only have one hand, or else she'll fall off the toilet!

My older daughter originally opened the pack, and disposed of the plastic outer wrapping before I realised.  After smelling the strong chemical odour, I checked the dispenser to see if the wipes  contain any of the nasty ingredients usually found in baby wipes. Since the ingredients are not printed on the dispenser, I was unable to tell but assume that they do.  I would not buy them again for this reason. The chemical smell is overpowering.  I was nervous of them for this reason. I followed each "wipe" with a wet face washer - what we've always used and will go back to.

Hooray Henry
Mar 09 2011 02:02 PM
We really like them and found them great for 3.5 year old DS.  He usually prefers someone else to wipe his bottom (lucky me!) but is happy to use the wipes and do it himself.  
I've also found them useful (tmi here) when Miss 18 months did a poo in the shower.  I initially tried cleaning up with toilet paper - complete failure - before remembering the wipes.  They didn't break up during the disgusting task, and were safe to flush.  Too easy.

Wiggle-fan's_Mum
Mar 21 2011 12:44 PM
My 6 year old has really only been wiping herself for almost a year. She tells me she really liked this product and found it easier to use than dry toilet paper, she's asked that I buy more now that the tub is empty.

My 4 year old isn't wiping herself but occassionally gives it a try. She was able to get herself quite clean - moreso than using just toilet paper.

I used them on the 4 year old and found them to be nice and thick (about the same as a Huggies wipe). I'd prefer if they were slightly larger. I thought they were nice and strong though.

Overall I thought they were a good product, I probably wouldn't buy them regularly due to the expense. A baby wipe does the same job and is cheaper, if that's the way you want to go.
I loved the convenience of these! My three year old daughter often yells out for me to "come and wipe her bum" In the past I have left a pack of baby wipes in the toilet but then I would have to take them out to the nappy bin. This way I have just been able to flush straight away.

Would I buy them again? Probably not unless they were on special. Yes they are more convenient and do a great job but baby wipes do the same job and as we have a baby in the house these are always on hand. If I see them on special I may well make a purchase though.

whydoibother
Apr 01 2011 12:00 PM
My daughter (4.5yrs) fondly calls these "puppy wipes" and I have found them to be good quality and useful.  
The dispenser is a bit tricky for little hands at times.  
It would be good if the size of the wipes were a bit bigger.
Overall I think KLEENEX COTTONELLE Flushable Moist Wipes for Kids are a great product and would recommend them to a friend.

tickly_rain
Apr 01 2011 12:08 PM
We find them good to get the wiping "process" started, but don't use them for the entire job!  The dispenser wasn't all that straight forward to use as the wipes didn't replace themselves as I imagine they would (like tissues).  We had to regularly "dig" into the container to get the next one.

A slighter larger size would be great - still small enough for children to manage, but a little larger for the helping hands of the adult if needed.

Also, I'd like to know whether an unscented version is possible.  When I've used regular commercial nappy wipes previously, we have always purchased unscented as find it less irritating on the skin.

Thanks for the sample!
These wipes are a great idea- we did find it hard to access them and also had to 'dig' in to get them.  The wipes themselves were thick and appropriate for the task!

It is a good idea with little ones who are learning, but I am not sure the packaging ensured the ease of use I need in a busy house with four young children's toileting needs.

Thanks for the chance to sample this product.
These wipes are great!  Compared to normal baby wipes, they performed in a similar fashion.  The main advantage being you can flush them and hence avoid stinking out the house with poo/wee stained wipes in the bin.  My 2.5 year old (toilet trained since about 2 years old) really liked the puppy on the box.

However my sample pack has now run out and I will only replace them when I see them on special.  At their current price, unfortunately I can't justify buying them.
I was really hoping these would help my eldest daughter (5 year old) with wiping.  I thought they were a great idea.  My girls found the box easy to open.

Unfortunately my 4 year old decided she needed to use lots.  The box didn't last very long and we narrowly avoided needing a plumber to unblock the toilet.

Back to toilet paper for us.
They are a great idea but i found they didn't dispense very easily and my 2.9 year old needed help using them when generally he's ok with toilet paper. I also found them small and I needed to use a few at a time.
Thanks for the chance to try them.
I (and my kids) found them easy to use and convenient however I am not sure if I would buy them as they are quite expensive.
I think they are a great product for ensuring that a toddler's bottom is clean.  My daughter loved them being her special thing ... although this also led to their misuse and every time she walked in the bathroom she needed her special wipes.  I did find them useful although I will not buy them purely because of the perfume on them.  I do not think that children's genital areas need to be exposed to such heavily perfumed products.  I wouldn't use such a perfumed product on myself and certainly not on my child's sensitive skin.  Thank you for the opportunity to test them though!
My son is only just starting toilet training, so these are great for the transition out of nappies. They are similar to wipes so what he is used to, plus he understands "just one wipe" rather than "only a little bit of toilet paper". Though I was a bit concerned with how scented they were as I always purchase non-scented wipes. I would purchase these again when they were on special, but probably only until my son is old enough to understand the concept of a small amount of toilet paper.
Found them fantastic !!!!!
My little fella has just started toilet training and the wipes just assist in getting things nice and clean.He also has special needs so much easier to monitor as the toilet roll seems to have a mind of its own when worked by my very enthusiastic little boy.
They are easy and its fantastic they are flushable.
Would def buy them again.
We found these really easy to use, for both my 2 year old, and 5 year old. My 2 year old is only just starting to use the potty, but she loved the picture of the dog on the packet (not that it matters!)

Much easier than having half a roll of toilet paper shoved in the toilet!
The wipes worked well.  Unfortunately we didn't get to use them much as the box is very easy to open and my 2 year old liberated them and filled the box with water.
We road tested the Kleenex Cottonelle Flushable Moist Wipes with my 3 year old toilet training daughter.

We have previously used the Wiggles wipes but the Kleenex wipes storage container and the wipes themselves are a more generous size than the Wiggles ones. The pop up lid made access to the wipes nice and easy, the only problem encountered was when a new wipe failed to pull through but access to the wipes underneath was relatively easy.

The wipes certainly made the toilet training process easier. In the event of an accident in underpants it was a lot easier for me to help clean my daughter's bottom and it is great that the wipes are flushable and can go straight into the toilet. Once we were past the accident stage my daughter was fine with using toilet paper when doing a wee, but did not like using toilet paper for wiping her bottom after a poo. With the wipes she learnt to wipe her own bottom and eventually move on to toilet paper.

We still have the wipes available and my daughter will use them if she is having any trouble at all using toilet paper or if her bottom is at all a little sore. My eldest daughter has caught on and loves to use them too. We will definately be buying a refill pack once we have run out.

I would definately recommend these wipes to any mums taking on toilet training. I am sure for any toddlers who are used to wipes for nappy changes it would help make the toilet training process an easier, happier adjustment for all.
We tested out the Kleenex flushable wipes recently and my 3 year old loved them original.gif Just made it easier for him to try wipe his own bottom.........

I will be buying these in the future original.gif
There is no doubt that the Kleenex Cottonelle flushable moist wipes for kids can really get you out of a lot of dirty work especially when you are travelling!! It is so convenient for both us and the baby and it helps everyone to be cool and relaxed enjoying the trip which would have been hell otherwise!!Do we get these from Kohls? where could i find Kohls promo code ?. I certainly would say that this is a must have accessory for all moms with little babies and small kids!

Recent Comments

Search My Blog

Share the little things that make you smile

We're giving away a Mountain Buggy nano, the ultimate travel stroller - and here are some of the great entries so far.

Toddler pleads for return of "stolen" nose

A two-year-old's reaction to a game of "got your nose" shows it doesn't take much to make a toddler cry.

The 15 photos new parents share (and five they don't)

From the first scan photo to the baby covered in cake at their first birthday party, there are 15 photos most parents seem to share - and some they don't.

Doctor sings first Happy Birthday to newborns

His job is to deliver babies, but this US obstetrician also has a unique way of celebrating the miracle of life.

Breastfeeding friendly caf goes viral

A photo of a breastfeeding-friendly sign in a cafe has been posted to Facebook and shared by hundreds of mums around the world.

First look at the Bugaboo Bee3

The newest Bugaboo Bee ? the Bee3 ? offers a variety of improved features, including a much asked-for bassinet and a rainbow of colour combinations.

Childcare costs, not paid leave, the real issue for parents

Given the choice between maintaining their wage for six months to have a child, or having a reduced rate of pay for a time but a better deal on childcare when returning to work, there are no odds on what most working parents would choose.

Win a Mountain Buggy nano

We?re giving away the new Mountain Buggy Nano - the lightweight travel buggy! So show us the little things that make you smile for your chance to win.

We lost three babies in two years

Our first pregnancy ended the way we all expected it to - with a healthy, happy baby in our arms. What a true blessing he was, for we were not to know the heartache we were about endure.

Family turned back from doomed flight MH17

'There must have been someone watching over us and saying, 'You must not get on that flight,' says mother who narrowly avoided boarding the Malaysian Airlines flight which exploded in mid-air over the Ukraine last night.

The myths and facts about "normal" breastfeeding

When it comes to successful breastfeeding, there is a wide variety to what is "normal", according to new research.

Adorable Skeanie loafers for kids

Your little toddler or preschooler can now get their nautical on with a new range of classic loafers by Australian show brand Skeanie.

My baby is hypermobile

For months, I have been telling myself not to worry that Jasmin isn't crawling or walking. This week I heard the term hypermobile for the first time.

When you don?t bond with your baby

They say that there is no bond greater than the bond between a mother and her child. But for some women, the mother-baby bond takes more time and effort to develop.

Yumi Stynes: Having a baby after a 10-year break

After a long break, Yumi Stynes gets a reminder of the pain - and the pleasure - of giving birth.

Grieving father asks for help to Photoshop his daughter's image

When Nathan Steffel's daughter Sophia died from a liver condition at just 6 weeks old, he reached out for someone to create a beautiful image of his little girl.

Raising kids in a 'low media' home

Can you imagine a life without TV or computers? Some parents are opting for a low-tech, screen-free life for their kids.

Download now: Essential Kids Activity Finder app

Got bored kids? Quickly find the best activities for kids wherever you are in Australia with the Essential Kids app.

Advertisement

Advertisement

What's hot on EB

Win a Mountain Buggy nano

We?re giving away the new Mountain Buggy Nano - the lightweight travel buggy! So show us the little things that make you smile for your chance to win.

Be careful what you say, your baby is listening

The importance of speaking to your baby even if they are not old enough to answer back has been highlighted by new research.

WIN two Sea-Bands plus $1000

Three lucky fans can win a Sea-Band Prize Pack valued at over $1000 each, which includes two Sea-Bands plus a $1000 Eftpos Gift Card!

The beautiful moment a baby was born at the side of a road

It's not where she expected to give birth, but mum Corrine Cinatl is delighted that her daughter's roadside arrival was captured in a series of beautiful photos.

Doctor sings first Happy Birthday to newborns

His job is to deliver babies, but this US obstetrician also has a unique way of celebrating the miracle of life.

The Nappy Collective starts new drive

It's that time of year when the dedicated volunteers at The Nappy Collective do their bit to help out mums and children in need - and they need your help.

Baby shower cake wrecks

From misshapen cake babies to questionable text, from odd colour choices to internal organ recreation, these are the baby shower cakes that taste forgot.

Photographer captures the beauty of adoption

The love of a family is usually tough to capture on camera. This is an exception.

Pregnancy progression photo ideas

Want to record your pregnancy as your belly grows? Here are some creative, fun ideas for photo shoots along the way.

The myths and facts about "normal" breastfeeding

When it comes to successful breastfeeding, there is a wide variety to what is "normal", according to new research.

Tin can craft and DIY ideas

Got a few old formula, Milo or coffee cans around the house? Use these fantastic upcycling ideas to create items for around the house and yard.

Dads meet their newborn for the first time

Emotional photos of two fathers meeting their newborn son have resonated with viewers worldwide, attracting thousands of Facebook likes and shares.

Skin safety isn't just a summer worry

Lax about the slip slop slap with your kids as weather turns cooler? Here's a reminder as to why we have to remain vigilant for our children?s future health.

Personalised baby gifts

We've scoured the internet to find gorgeous personalised keepsakes and nursery decor to record baby name and dates. They make great gifts for christenings, name days and birthdays! (All prices in AU.)

Creative sleeping baby photoshoots

See how some parents and photographers have captured sleeping babies in unusual positions and using different props.

DIY kitchen and food hacks

DIY your way to a better kitchen and make cooking easier with our clever hacks. (Some content reproduced with permission from mashable.com.)

Winter warmers for babies and toddlers

Your baby or toddler will be nice and snug in these beautiful and fun winter pieces. Most are hand-made or knitted, and they're all designed to keep your little one toastie - and adorable!

Mind, body, beauty, life

Making time for me

We look at your wellbeing, covering health, relationships, beauty and fashion, mind and body.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.