Semen didn't come out? Is that bad?

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1 MsDancingQueen

Posted 26 July 2012 - 04:51 PM

Sorry for the TMI title sad.gif but I didn't really know how to word it biggrin.gif

My DH and I bedded two nights in a row (Tuesday and Wednesday), and I noticed that his semen didn't all come out like it normally does when we have sex.  I could feel that he came Wednesday night, as when he pulled out (so sorry for TMI) I could wetness of penis pulling out, and I think it actually shot up (sorry again for TMI!!!)... but none of it came out at all.  Is that good?

This month, first time in two months the ovary pains started up again over the past week and really intense, on both sides.  Past two months my hormones have been all over the place.  Periods have arrived two days later than they used too.  My pre-period symtoms were all over the place.  
Actually last month I was convinced I was pregnant as they were so bad, like nausea and uterine twinges... but nope period came two days late.  This month I feel so good.  Ovary twinges started late last week/early this weel, and so intense (past two months had NO pain whatsoever!).  

And for the first time is a longgggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg time the cervical mucous was eggwhite raw, so stretchy and heaps of it (again so sorry for TMI) on 2 - 3 occassions! TI never had it like I did this time!! his times I told DH, its sex time tonight!! LMAO!!

Can any one share their stories? Or advice on the semen bit.  Thank you and again so sorry for TMI.

#2 fairymagic

Posted 26 July 2012 - 04:56 PM

Im sorry - Ive read and re-read what you have written and can not understand what you are trying to say at all.  unsure.gif

When you say no semen came out but you felt him come and felt the wetness???? Im not understanding how you say none came out. Out of where - him or you afterwards. Sorry, but your post doesn't make sense to me = not sure if it does to someone else.

#3 HRH Countrymel

Posted 26 July 2012 - 04:57 PM

When you say 'came out' - out of his penis? Or dribbling out your vagina?

Wow - now that IS TMI!

#4 Guest_holy_j_*

Posted 26 July 2012 - 05:23 PM

PMSL OP. You certainly don't mince words do you?

I can't tell what you mean, if he did not ejaculate then it is extremely unlikely that you will fall pregnant. If you mean it didn't come out of your vagina, then anything not er useful will eventually come out.

Edited by holy_j, 26 July 2012 - 05:24 PM.

#5 Three Of Hearts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 05:34 PM

QUOTE (fairymagic @ 26/07/2012, 04:56 PM)
14776968[/url]']
Im sorry - Ive read and re-read what you have written and can not understand what you are trying to say at all.  unsure.gif

Same here! shrug.gif

#6 pinksmurf

Posted 26 July 2012 - 05:37 PM

I think she meant that her DH came, but semen didn't dribble out of her afterwards. unsure.gif

#7 *Katey*

Posted 26 July 2012 - 05:38 PM

I think she means, the 'excess' semen didn't leave her body after BD'ing had finished?

If that's the case, it really doesn't matter if it leaves or not. Anything that 'falls out' afterwards it's just 'left over' semen, the actual sperm (the important part) are already busy swimming up to you cervix original.gif

Edited by *Katey*, 26 July 2012 - 06:44 PM.

#8 Tough titties

Posted 26 July 2012 - 05:39 PM

Are you saying he possibly faked an orgasm because you didn't see any semen?

I too am confused!!!

#9 Missy Shelby

Posted 26 July 2012 - 05:40 PM

QUOTE (countrymel @ 26/07/2012, 04:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
When you say 'came out' - out of his penis? Or dribbling out your vagina?

Wow - now that IS TMI!

+ 1!!  I think op means no semen came out of her vagina hence she may be pregnant.  Right op??

Information overload biggrin.gif

#10 WildWhirl

Posted 26 July 2012 - 05:52 PM

What the OP is saying is there was no shall we say "backflow" of semen following DTD - and if she usually gets that she will be questioning why it was different. It is possible because it was the 2nd night in a row there was less volume of fluid - also may depend on position - missionary position results in less backflow. I think it won't matter if you DH did in fact orgasm.

#11 *maddierose*

Posted 26 July 2012 - 06:35 PM

+ 1!! I think op means no semen came out of her vagina hence she may be pregnant. Right op??

That's how i read it too,

Good luck for a BFP this month.

Edited by belnryan, 26 July 2012 - 08:34 PM.

#12 Fright bat

Posted 26 July 2012 - 06:42 PM

Come on people. Be nice. Someone trying to conceive and asking a question about the mechanics of it all doesn't deserve to get laughed at! Why is an ejaculate question any more TMI o funnier than all the talk of sore grazed boobs, perineal tears etc that gets discussed on here? Just because EB accepts one euphemism for sex (baby dancing - which in my opinion is totally lame) doesn't mean another like 'bedded' is unacceptable. Jeez, just be nice and offer an opinion, or bugger off and don't say anything at all!

OP, I don't think it makes a huge difference what happens to the semen as long as your partner ejaculates. The amount of semen does not correlate with the number of sperm in it, and you only need one sperm to get pregnant.

Good luck!

#13 Ange

Posted 26 July 2012 - 06:45 PM

LOL!!

OP, I don't think it matters if the excess semens comes out or not.

Goodluck with the BFP!

#14 *Katey*

Posted 26 July 2012 - 06:45 PM

QUOTE (MsN @ 26/07/2012, 06:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Come on people. Be nice. Someone trying to conceive and asking a question about the mechanics of it all doesn't deserve to get laughed at! Why is an ejaculate question any more TMI o funnier than all the talk of sore grazed boobs, perineal tears etc that gets discussed on here? Just because EB accepts one euphemism for sex (baby dancing - which in my opinion is totally lame) doesn't mean another like 'bedded' is unacceptable. Jeez, just be nice and offer an opinion, or bugger off and don't say anything at all!

This.

#15 Iliketoflounce

Posted 26 July 2012 - 06:50 PM

QUOTE (MsN @ 26/07/2012, 06:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

OP, I don't think it makes a huge difference what happens to the semen as long as your partner ejaculates. The amount of semen does not correlate with the number of sperm in it, and you only need one sperm to get pregnant.

Good luck!

Like and this

#16 jules095

Posted 26 July 2012 - 06:51 PM

I can't believe how rude some of you are being. nno.gif

Someone comes to ask a genuine question & you treat it like a high school joke. rolleyes.gif

Don't worry OP. The sperm will already be heading in the right place, whether the semen comes out or not.

Good Luck. biggrin.gif

#17 sprinkle

Posted 26 July 2012 - 06:58 PM

I second what MsN said.

If you felt DH ejaculate, that's the main thing. Sometimes when DP and I BD, I have semen come out afterwards and other times not. As PP said, it depends a lot on position, and since you BDed the night before, it's not surprising there's less seminal fluid. I think that's pretty normal. Don't worry original.gif
Good luck on your TWW, fingers crossed  tthumbs.gif

#18 BeachedAsBro

Posted 26 July 2012 - 07:03 PM

Nothing to add, just good luck OP. I agree with MsN original.gif

#19 Soontobegran

Posted 26 July 2012 - 07:09 PM

Some of the responses remind me of teenage girls in the schoolyard giggling about boys, the penis, balls and ejaculation unsure.gif

OP the average ejaculation is between 1.5mls and 4.5 mls and this does often depend on the number of times you have had sex and how well hydrated your partner is.
You can imagine that 1.5 mls (half a teaspoon) easily gets lost in the vagina and much of the fluid we often lose post coital is a mixture of semen and normal vaginal secretions.
The fact that you didn't feel anything after sex does not mean anything in terms of conceiving.
Each ml of semen has millions of sperm in it and only the strongest even survive the vagina and cervical mucous.

The semen that will contain the sperm that could possibly fertilise your egg will invariably be what goes immediately into your cervix and not what is swimming around in your vagina.

Good luck with TTC.

Edited by soontobegran, 26 July 2012 - 07:11 PM.

#20 Janene87

Posted 26 July 2012 - 07:52 PM

Best of luck for a bfp this month hun original.gif

When i've been TTC I always worry when 'cleaning' up afterwards that I could be wiping all his swimmers away but i've got 3 munchkins now and ttc our 4th so I think even if a bit does come back out as he pulls out when its all over its still ok, usually there will be millions - billions of sperm and it only takes 1 to fertilise an egg original.gif

#21 jayskette

Posted 26 July 2012 - 08:10 PM

are you talking about retrograde ejaculation?? that's what I'm getting from your post... it is worth checking out.

#22 jbm3113

Posted 26 July 2012 - 08:17 PM

I apologise if my comments were misinterpreted as rude. That's not the way they were intended. unsure.gif

I know what you're saying about the 'wet' feeling coming out as I always have that after BDing. I also used to worry about 'losing all the sperm' hence why I think people put their legs in the air after BDing but after reading posts on EB found out that all the good stuff was on it's way north and not to worry about it!

Good luck!!

#23 Shellby

Posted 26 July 2012 - 08:24 PM

I have removed some posts and ask that members please stay supportive in this thread. Do remember that TTC can be a sensitive area and something of humor in a WDYT thread can be hurtful in a TTC thread.

Thank you.

#24 Madeline's Mum

Posted 26 July 2012 - 08:27 PM

Sorry Op, I couldn't entirely follow what you meant either. Are you questioning if he ejaculated at all or the amount due to the fact you couldn't feel it?

Hopefully it was a normal and fine ejaculation and the sperm is making its way to your egg right now.

#25 Angelina Ballerina

Posted 26 July 2012 - 08:47 PM

Probably just less volume if you have been BDing more.
In the end it only takes one little swimmer to do the job.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

'My parenting style is Survivalist'

A helicopter or tiger mum, I am not.

8 mums reveal their favourite nappy bags

We asked a bunch of mums which nappy bags they love the most.

Why you shouldn't bother throwing a big first birthday party

If you're feeling the pressure to host an all-out, over-the-top shindig for your baby's birthday, I hereby grant you permission to throw the rules out the window.

The 24 baby names on the verge of extinction this year

If you're on the hunt for the perfect baby name and don't want a chart-topper like Oliver or Olivia, then do we have the list for you.

'My mum doesn't seem that interested in my baby'

Q: My mother and I have always been close, but now that I have a baby, she has not helped out as much as I thought she would.

New guidelines: "Bottle-feeding mums need support too"

Breast is best, but mums who can't, or choose not to breastfeed need support too.

Dads also struggle to 'have it all', study finds

Men and women both experience work-family conflict.

Language development may start in the womb

Study found babies can recognise foreign languages before birth.

Meet the baby born from an embryo frozen for 24 years

Experts say little Emma is a record breaking baby.

Advertisement

Top 5 Articles

Advertisement

From our network

Five things you need to know about flu and pregnancy

As the 2017 flu season begins in earnest, here?s what you need to know to protect yourself and baby.

Mum tips to keep your pre-baby budget in check

Money might be funny in a rich man's world (or so ABBA told us), but for the rest of us it's a major consideration – particularly before having a baby.

5 easy ways to make your maternity leave last longer

Maternity leave is a special time for you, your partner and your new little bundle. The last thing you want is for financial worries to stand in the way of that joy.

10 ways to keep your 'buying for baby' costs down

Becoming a parent is full of surprises – not least of all finding out that, for such small beings, babies cause a lot of chaos and expense.

5 ways to prepare to go from two incomes to one

Here are some ideas for getting that budget in shape, ready for being a one income family.

Baby Names

Need some ideas?

See what names are trending this year.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.