Due in November, 2012 Chat Thread #10

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
97 replies to this topic

#76 chloe69

Posted 08 August 2012 - 01:25 PM

Welcome to the world little Henry!
Congratulations Emnut....I hope that Henry grows strong and healthy rapidly and that you will be able to give your boy as many cuddles as you want to shortly.

bbighug.gif

Wow - the first baby has already arrived ladies. Who is next? Anyone else told that they will go early?
Chloe

#77 emnut

Posted 12 August 2012 - 09:39 PM

Charlottesmum - how are you doing?  Hope that everything has settled down a bit for you

TJ & Christmas - sounds like you have more than we have for Henry (since we have almost nothing other than a car seat)

Suzy - ouch that sounds painful

Suz01 - I was planning on going back to work after 6 weeks (I work 7 shifts per fortnight & DH works 9 so we can usually manage to work it that one of us is home all the time.  That won't be happening now since Henry won't be home.

That's about all I can see back so hi to everyone else - hope you are all doing well.

I was discharged yesterday so this week comes trying to get into some sort of routine that is fair to both boys- Henry is a bit over an hour away from here & can't get there by public transport so a few logistical problems.  I'm exhausted from the whole expressing every couple of hours to get almost nothing so if we can't manage to get more milk I may switch like I did with DS - he has a bit of milk now ready for when he can tolerate feeds.  

Henry is doing well again today after a bit of a setback with an infection that made him quite sick this week.  Still hanging out for our first cuddle - hopefully all being well sometime in the next few days.

#78 Ms_Jae

Posted 13 August 2012 - 06:42 AM

Emnut - So glad everything is still fine with Henry. I hope you get to cuddle your little boy soon. That would be the one thing I would want the most.. Hang in there hun.. We are thinking of you.

Still quiet at my end. Been a boring pregnancy I must say. lol. Well I am at 100 days now to go.. woo Hopefully this time will fly by.

#79 chloe69

Posted 13 August 2012 - 12:16 PM

Emnut - thanks for the update. Glad to hear that the first cuddle might only be a few days away.That commute sounds frustrating. Is there anyway you can stay at the hospital?

StormGirl77 - below 100 days. Whoo hoo! Boring is good isn't it? I have to admit to feeling a little bit the same way. My first pregnancy was SOOOO exciting. Everyday! I had to work out what to buy, organise time off work, worry about every niggle and appt, parenting classes....and trying to understand what my experience in labour was going to be like. This one seems...well, more focused on the end result. I just want to meet the new additionl and have them safe and healthy. Here's to hoping that the time passes quickly. Are you working and planning to take maternity leave?

T.J- shopping! You go girl! ddance.gif Nothing like a bit of retail therapy to lift the mood. You sound really organised.....once the cot is cleaned and things are washed you won't have much more to do will you? At what stage do they recommend packing the hospital bag? Is it 10 weeks before? Are you starting to think about that? I packed a bag last time with oils and juggling balls and heat cushions - phaaah, what a waste of time (for me anyway). The lollies for DP were the only thing we used during labour I think!

christmasiscoming - Good Luck with the toddler taming!....do you know if you are having another boy? 3 little boys will be adorable...but wow, high energy in your house.....! How do you take time out to relax? We will have almost a 2.5 year gap when our second is born. Our first isn't toilet trained or able to sleep through the night in their own bed....so lots to get done before the new bub comes....you have the same drama x 2....no wonder you are "insane and sleepless"......
Great hearing about your renovations.....you are like TJ, getting well prepared!

bubbatime - waves.gif . How is the decision on how much leave to take off going? it will be hard to leave your bub at 6 months...but apparently it doesn't harm them....it is just hard on mum! Will bub be able to get in at the same daycare as DS? Are you going to take DS out whilst you are on Mat leave or leave him on to give you some one-on-one time with Bub?

suzy-c - owwww....poor you and your stomach muscles. That sounds so painful. Will they heal before the bub is born? What does that mean for your delivery? Will you still be able to delivery naturally? Take it easy and let your body rest. Thanks for the warning that we need to use our hands to help us up as well as our stomach muscles.

mellmatho - good news that you can have a natural birth.

AFM - I'm at 27 weeks this week. Still trying to decide between a public v private delivery and so am with both at the moment (Public is such good care and so thorough, but private lets you stay in longer on your second bub and gives you your own toilet)!
I am looking forward to the next scan @ 32 weeks. I'm still slightly nervous that something will go wrong....just my nature I guess....I will worry about this bub until it is born and passes all its tests (actually make that 18 years old!)
I'm also nervous about going through Labour again - I guess I'll start to think more about that as it gets closer. Some people sail through Labour - I need to start researching their secrets. Anyone else thinking about this?

Have a great day Mums-to-be!
Chloe

#80 lelula

Posted 13 August 2012 - 12:59 PM

Ergh... still sick here. My poor immune system has taken a thrashing lately. Wish I could bring my maternity leave forward but there's the whole bills/mortgage/needing to eat thing to worry about original.gif

Chloe - yes, definitely thinking about labour now, this is my first and while I'm not stressed about it yet, it's certainly on my mind. I'm trying to work with the theory that she has to come out one way or the other, so there's no point getting too worked up about how it happens!! We'll see how long that attitude lasts! And I'm also having a 32 week scan - I was found to have a single umbilical artery, which can affect bub's growth which is why they want to do another US. If her growth is affected they will induce early, but not sure how early. She was measuring a full week ahead at our last scan though, so not too concerned.

Emnut - so pleased to hear things are going ok with Henry. Poor little mite, glad his infection cleared up. Thinking of you and your family and hope things with the commute work out for you.

TJ - you're so organised!! We were at first but things on the shopping front have slowed down so there's still a bit we need to get.

bubbatime - welcome original.gif

I feel quite huge already. I've had 2 random strangers in the last couple of weeks comment on how I must be nearly due (I didn't think I was THAT huge, and really? People actually SAY that??)

Glucose tolerance test next Monday - both parents have type 2 diabetes so hoping all is ok there despite the extra risk. Anyone had their test yet?

Well, that's about it from me. Hope everyone else is doing well x

#81 Suz01

Posted 13 August 2012 - 01:19 PM

Hello ladies,

Just bumping in checking the thread.  

Wishing you all the best with Henry, Emnut.  It is still amazing to me that there is a baby in the group already.  40 weeks seems so far away for me, I haven't done anything yet in terms of clothing, or getting the nursery ready.  We still have DD (22 months old) in the cot... so we will have to do something soon.

So much is happening in the post, I live in Wagga, so near Canberra too, but haven't been over to go shopping yet.  I'm trying to hold off as long as possible (maybe only for another month!) and get it all at once.  Just looking at a bassinet and a baby capsule, and some nice little boy touches for the nursery.

I had my glucose test and it was as bad as the first time, that stuff is hard to drink.  Yuck.  Lucky it was only the hour to wait before the last lot of blood.  The poor man beside me had to wait 2 hours on his.  I was lucky to get in, because whilst my GP told me its non-fasting you can't have anything 2 hours prior.  

Are many of you having more scans before bub arrives?  I've had my two standard ones, and at this rate, normal pregnancy, won't need any more.  

I've been feeling good about this pregnancy, but have so many mixed emtions about how I feel about the baby.  I love my little girl, and I am starting to realise how hard it will be to split my time two different ways and be fair.  How do others with multiple children go... is it an easy and natural thing to do?  Or do you at times feel guilty about the older childer 'missing' out?

We bought a little jack russell puppy home on the weekend and DD was really jealous of us holding the puppy and not her, that is made us realise what we could have in store for us!

Wishing all the best, S. wink.gif

#82 whatnamenow

Posted 14 August 2012 - 08:40 PM

Emnut that is such good news.  So glad to hear that despite a few set backs things are going well.  Hope you get your special cuddles soon.

Things are not good but not bad over my way.  Aparently the morphology scan picked up something may be wrong with bubs kidney's so i am in for another ultrasound tomorrow morning to check it all out in a bit more detail.  Still getting contraction runs every night but only for 45min-1hr so they are happy with leaving it for now rather than sending me to brisbane.  I have been seeing the hospital physio for my unstable pelvis and they gave me the bad news yesterday that they think i will get about 3 more weeks before my mobility is restricted to the point of needing a wheelchair to get out and about so i am trying to get everything ready ( within my current restrictions) in the next few weeks.  Still just glad for every day she is tucked safe and sound in me.

Hope everything is going well for everyone.  I have been on here but have more lurked on here and posted in the other forums and facebook group.  Theres not much to tell from my couch or the local hospital.

#83 franno

Posted 14 August 2012 - 10:42 PM

I am sorry I haven't read for a few days since my last post so I hope that everything is Ok but I need a vent. I will go back and read previous posts in the morning. Too scared to have my rant on the Facebook page inches the privacy settings are ever changed by Facebook and you will understand why.

No-one ever told me how much downstairs changes and how ugly it gets!!!! I just discovered purple stretch marks on my tummy after getting none with DD and still having 13 weeks to go! In addition I never realized how nice I was downstairs (yes my vagina but I hate that word even though EB loves it). It was nice and small and pink and compact, then got pregnant with DD and mistakenly took a look one day and it was purple - I was grossed out but secure in the knowledge all would go back to normal post baby. Well .... post baby it not only remained purple but now was also saggy and never went back to normal. Now I made the mistake of my first look since pregnancy while trying to give myself a trim (using a mirror as I can't see over my belly) and its so dark purple it's almost black and not only saggy but wrinkly!!!!!!!!!!  I could cry, I don't feel like me. I feel so gross. I can't imagine it ever looking any worse than it does now ... And I have swollen, horrible looking feet and ankles.

Plus, I now remember the odor changing later in pregnancy with DD. it's happened again but earlier, I am so self conscious, can smell myself and taking 2 showers per day, trying not to use soap etc. weird. I'd forgotten yet it's the same smell.

So, sorry about the TMI!

Ps emnut just peered back for news. So glad that Harry has recovered from the infection, fingers crossed for you to get through the next few months!!!

#84 CluckyMum

Posted 15 August 2012 - 09:11 AM

I freaked after my labour last time as my bits were all strectched and awful, lol. Took ages for it to all go back to normal. Can't say I've checked what colour everything is and I dont think I will after reading yours. Probably best that I dont know.

I can smell my odour as well but I'm sure thats only because I can smell so much better while being pregnant. Well I hope its because I'm smelling better!!

#85 shoopdeboop

Posted 15 August 2012 - 09:15 AM

Don't get in here much anymore but thought I'd stickybeak your post Franno  laughing2.gif

I hear you completely. I was only 18 when I had my last pregnancy and my  unsure.gif changed dramatically and never went back. Sounds like mine changed in a different way to yours but it has been a constant embarrassment my whole life. It has really depressed me too. I am just waiting for something further to happen to it with this one... hopefully it won't  sad.gif  As for the stretch marks, I have also been covered in them since I was 18 !! lol I'm hoping I don't get any new ones but you wouldn't even be able to tell  laughing2.gif

Emnut- wow, can't imagine how difficult that must be for you. Hope everything goes well for your little boy  original.gif

Good luck ladies, we're getting closer.... I begin 3rd trimester next week... wow!

#86 Heather-Elizabeth

Posted 15 August 2012 - 12:14 PM

Like shoopdeboop, I don't get over here much anymore, but came to stickybeak what Franno had to say. I honestly have no idea if 'down there' has changed. I haven't paid that much attention to it. I know some damage was done by Z because I had a second degree tear which needed stitches. DH doesn't seem to mind though, so I wont fret too much.

emnut - glad to hear Henry is doing OK. Hopefully you get your cuddles really soon.

Suz01 - How old is your little girl? I am a bit worried about how DS will handle the new baby. He is such a Mummy's boy most of the time. I am hoping that by letting him hold the baby and 'play' with the baby, he will feel it is his baby too, and not so much something taking me away from him. There will only be 17 months between them, and so far he has no idea that there is a baby on the way. Maybe when he is a little older he will understand, but if not, I guess he will get used to it after the baby is born.

#87 Suz01

Posted 15 August 2012 - 03:36 PM

I don't think 'mine' has changed colour, but definitely I'm totally off engaging in anything physical with DH... much to his disgust rolleyes.gif .  I just feel funny as I can feel the baby moving and it seems like an inappropriate act this far into a pregnancy... stupid I know!

My DD is 22 months, and have been trying that "there's a house in my tummy book" given to me by a work mate.  She doesn't understand though, and it will be a rude shock when we add DS in November.  I'm hoping to keep her into day care for a few days a week and then tapering this off to 2 days a week (I'm not sure if this will impact CCB/CCR as I will be on maternity leave and not working?).  I figure then she will be able to maintain some routine for a little while and I will be able to get bub into a good routine.

I'm going to give DD a play cot/high chair so that she can feed her baby whilst I'm feeding my baby and pray that I can manage the two kids, as DH will be back at work within the first 3 days or so.

#88 tanglez

Posted 15 August 2012 - 09:43 PM

Argh I have done it again, left it ages in between replies! I think the problem is there will be a lull in the posts and then a flood lol!

Oh Franno, don't know what to say but sending big hugs our way. I thought about getting a wax before bubs come but I am too scared to look myself let alone let somebody else look! Will have to do a blind trim with clippers I think (sorry tmi!!)

Haven't had my glucose test yet, will go on Saturday, very glad that someone mentioned though it is not a fasting one you can't have anything for 2 hours, thanks! Hope everyone's tests come back ok.

Charlottesmum, glad to hear things are not bad, wishing you all the best and many more days of having bubs tucked safely away!

Lozzylots sendng so many healthy vibes your way, being sick is no fun, as if being heavily pregnant isn't enough to deal with. Hope you mend quickly! I have gotten sick quite a bit, I teach 5-6 year olds so they kindly share all their bugs with me! I would love to go on leave early too, but the way my job has worked out, I have to make it until the end of this term to be eligible for maternity leave. Thank goodness it is only 5 and half weeks to go, as long as bubs stays put, will make it to the finish line! Say it with me now "I think I can, I think I can"!

Emnut, hope that cuddle is on its way to you. I can only imagine how hard things must be for you all, I truly tip my hat to you, I hope you have been giving yourself so much love, nurturing and praise for the strength you are showing right now.

Sorry, the rest of the personals I had in my head have vanished! Life here is ok. I can't believe I will be thirty weeks in just a few days. It has come as a shock, seems like only yesterday we were praying to make it to end the of the first trimester, and now we are well and truly into the third! We just moed house over the weekend and I am EXHAUSTED. Having had no break and then straight back into full time teaching on Monday morning I am feeling it in every part of my body. There is so much to do in terms of unpacking, preparing for bubs, finalising my teaching registration, assessing my students in preparation for handover etc I am really overwhelmed. Plus, this last week I have noticed that same tiredness, nausea and hormonal emotions seem to have crept back in. Ho hum, one step at a time I guess and my mantra is "I am doing my best and that is more than good enough", have to keep telling myself that otherwise I'll cry from exhaustion and feelings of inadequacy!

Hope the home stretch is kind to us all, our hearts, bodies and minds. Not long now before we get to meet these amazing beings that have already changed our lives!

Belly rubs!

#89 chloe69

Posted 16 August 2012 - 11:06 AM

Franno - I asked hubby to look at mine last night in the bright bathroom light wink.gif

roll2.gif ....Brave woman! I think DP would think I'd lost it if I dragged him into the bathroom to check out my Vagina under the fluro light!...I might give it a go!

BBL for personals...
Chloe

#90 lelula

Posted 16 August 2012 - 11:34 AM

biggrin.gif You ladies have put a smile on my face. Not to minimise what our bodies are going through in any way (I'm far too freaked out now to go investigating!!) but at least you can laugh about it.  Franno, you poor thing. No tummy stretch marks for me yet, but my boobs have been punished with them! I think they are the body issue/changes I'll have the most trouble dealing with sad.gif

Thanks for the get well thoughts Tanglez. I'm finally just starting to feel a little better, so hopefully, fingers crossed, this is coming to an end. Back to work next week all being well - then 5 weeks to go - you said it, "I think I can, I think I can...." And you have had a move on top of everything else - I can imagine how exhausted you must be feeling. Sleep in this Saturday at least?? Hope so

TJ - you legitimately don't even have to start spring cleaning for another 2 weeks wink.gif Good on you, I'm impressed. That's on our list of things to do in the next 11 weeks, along with about a thousand other things around the house.

Everyone else... we're not that far away now!! YAY!

#91 lelula

Posted 16 August 2012 - 11:36 AM

double post, sorry

Edited by lozzylots, 16 August 2012 - 11:37 AM.

#92 meifong16

Posted 16 August 2012 - 01:57 PM

Hi everyone,

Sorry for not dropping by here as often as the FB page. Things have been a roller coaster for me the last few months. I just try not to focus or think about them negative stuff but sometimes when I keep everything inside, there comes a few times where I just burst out crying. Not happy at all. Main problems for me are family problems - with my sister and parents.

Other than day, baby is doing fine. Finally I'm beginning to feel her soft kicks/punches more often now. I'll be doing my glucose tolerance test on the 1st September and appointment with my OB on the 3rd September. Can't believe it's been almost 6 months now and we only have 3 months left???

Time flies by so quickly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#93 catty81

Posted 16 August 2012 - 02:11 PM

Hi girls,

I am so bored of being pregnant.  I know I will miss it as soon as bub is out but right now I want my body back.  

Franno I can totally relate to how you feel.  Last preg I had a peek and was so shocked and depressed by what I saw.  This time I'm not brave enough.  I can't reach to trim either so DH does it for me.  He is smart enough to not tell me any bad news!

Emnut, glad to hear little Henry is ok after the infection.  It must be so frustrating for you to be away from him.  Have they given you any sort of indication for when he can go home?  My son was in hospital for his first six weeks and I remember the horrible long wait for a first cuddle.  I hope you get to cuddle Henry very soon.

I did the GTT yesterday and have to wait until monday for full results.  My fasting blood sugar was 9.  I think that might be high but not sure.  Does anyone know?  

hugs to everyone original.gif

#94 lelula

Posted 16 August 2012 - 02:36 PM

catty81 - not sure about fasting levels but the cut off for a GD diagnosis at the 2 hour reading is 8. Sounds like different doctors do different types of tests though. The one I have to do, I need to fast overnight, have my BS levels taken in the morning, drink the yucky drink and have BS levels taken after 1 and 2 hours. Is that what you had done?

#95 catty81

Posted 16 August 2012 - 06:08 PM

Lozzy that's the same one I did except I fainted just after the second blood test so they let me go home without doing the third one.

#96 lelula

Posted 16 August 2012 - 11:50 PM

You poor thing catty sad.gif Looking forward to it even less now... Hope your results turn out ok.

#97 Ms_Jae

Posted 17 August 2012 - 12:22 PM

Argh.. Catty I know how you feel.. I feel horrible, I feel fat, and just ultra lazy because I am bored and I dont want to be.. I really cant wait till I can have bub to arrive, because it will give me something to do..

#98 ~A2~

Posted 17 August 2012 - 12:25 PM

Thread closed

New thread here

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

'My parenting style is Survivalist'

A helicopter or tiger mum, I am not.

8 mums reveal their favourite nappy bags

We asked a bunch of mums which nappy bags they love the most.

Why you shouldn't bother throwing a big first birthday party

If you're feeling the pressure to host an all-out, over-the-top shindig for your baby's birthday, I hereby grant you permission to throw the rules out the window.

The 24 baby names on the verge of extinction this year

If you're on the hunt for the perfect baby name and don't want a chart-topper like Oliver or Olivia, then do we have the list for you.

'My mum doesn't seem that interested in my baby'

Q: My mother and I have always been close, but now that I have a baby, she has not helped out as much as I thought she would.

New guidelines: "Bottle-feeding mums need support too"

Breast is best, but mums who can't, or choose not to breastfeed need support too.

Dads also struggle to 'have it all', study finds

Men and women both experience work-family conflict.

Language development may start in the womb

Study found babies can recognise foreign languages before birth.

Meet the baby born from an embryo frozen for 24 years

Experts say little Emma is a record breaking baby.

Advertisement

Top 5 Articles

Advertisement

From our network

Five things you need to know about flu and pregnancy

As the 2017 flu season begins in earnest, here?s what you need to know to protect yourself and baby.

Mum tips to keep your pre-baby budget in check

Money might be funny in a rich man's world (or so ABBA told us), but for the rest of us it's a major consideration – particularly before having a baby.

5 easy ways to make your maternity leave last longer

Maternity leave is a special time for you, your partner and your new little bundle. The last thing you want is for financial worries to stand in the way of that joy.

10 ways to keep your 'buying for baby' costs down

Becoming a parent is full of surprises – not least of all finding out that, for such small beings, babies cause a lot of chaos and expense.

5 ways to prepare to go from two incomes to one

Here are some ideas for getting that budget in shape, ready for being a one income family.

Baby Names

Need some ideas?

See what names are trending this year.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.