Prayer request thread #5
Open to all regardless of Faith, Beliefs or Religion

• Please log in to reply
136 replies to this topic

#51 *cough*

Posted 31 August 2013 - 01:40 AM

Can we please pray/send positive thoughts to Dreaming's baby girl Isabelle. I'm not sure if anyone else has seen the post but she has been diagnosed with cancer at 4 weeks old.

Thank you in advance.

#52 Datrys

Posted 31 August 2013 - 07:42 AM

I hadn't seen the post, but will keep them in my prayers.

#53 Lachlans_Mummy

Posted 04 September 2013 - 03:06 PM

Hi

Requesting some prayer please...

We are currently 8 weeks & 6 days pregnant. We have one very healthy, happy 4 year old but have had 6 miscarriages since having him :-(

This pregnancy is very much wanted & we already love he/she so much. Im petrified of loosing another baby.

Just asking that this baby will stick around for the long haul. Arriving happy & healthy around his/her due date.

Thanks xxx

#54 Datrys

Posted 04 September 2013 - 03:28 PM

Lachlan's Mummy, praying for a healthy, thriving bub, and peace for his/her parents through the stress of early pregnancy.

#55 Lachlans_Mummy

Posted 04 September 2013 - 04:20 PM

Thank you so much :-)

#56 Mum.of.one

Posted 04 September 2013 - 07:47 PM

Praying for wonderful pregnancy for you Lachlan's Mummy and a beautiful, healthy baby to join your family.  I too have had many miscarriages since my second child was born so your story is close to my heart.

#57 aluminium

Posted 26 October 2013 - 09:24 PM

I have a prayer request, if you wouldn't mind.

We've had a falling out with our priest and I'm feeling very hurt and disappointed and angry. I am considering writing to the Bishop but just don't know.

I feel lost... because I don't know where to worship now that this priest is here.

It's wearing on me and i just need some kind of guidance, and I while I am in Christian community, I find myself unable to ask for prayer on this one...

I think I need to be drawn back to church somehow and nourished before this festers and breaks me.

#58 Datrys

Posted 26 October 2013 - 10:10 PM

Ooh, ouch, aluminium, always a difficult thing to go through.  Will keep you and your church community in my prayers.

#59 aluminium

Posted 27 October 2013 - 12:25 PM

Yes, very difficult Ange...

Thanks for the prayers.

#60 Datrys

Posted 03 November 2013 - 09:32 PM

I've been debating posting this one, but I think it is appropriate.

It's now been confirmed that I am to be ordained a deacon in the church of God, on the 1st of February next year.  I have a part time role for the next two years.  

I'd like to ask for prayer support for me, and for my family, as we make this massive life transition.*  It's an enormous joy, but also quite stressful!

*I know that some EB members have expressed interest in coming to the ordination.  The usual etiquette is to send a prayer request, and the invitation to the ceremony is "understood."  If anyone is actually interested in coming, please PM me and I will supply details closer to the day (although don't leave it too late as in the last few days beforehand I will be on retreat without email!)

#61 aluminium

Posted 04 November 2013 - 06:19 AM

Congratulations Ange,
Will keep you in prayers.

#62 Praetor VitaeChel

Posted 04 November 2013 - 06:42 AM

Could we request prayer/ warm wishes/ healing vibes please? I am not religious, but my DH is and any and all help and thoughts are appreciated atm.

DS came down with sudden onset ITP (Idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura) earlier in the week. He was admitted to the Children's Hospital Haemotology/Oncology unit here in San Diego on Wednesday night with a platelet count of 3000 (normal is above 140000). He has had 2 IVIG treatments and finally steroids and yesterday his count grew to 39000 so he was released. Unfortunately, he is reacting to the treatments with headaches and vomiting. It is going to be a hard road back for my little boy. We are hoping that the ITP will disappear as quickly as it appeared.
The hospital costs are ... very expensive and we are waiting on word on whether we get approval for funding of treatments.

Also a close friend gave birth in Panama only days ago (her family are there on a Church Mission) and unfortunately her DD has come down with Neonatal Sepsis. They are treating her with antibiotics, but have only just decided to do a spinal tap (after a day and half in hospital). My friend does not feel that the Dr's are giving all due care at this stage and she and her husband are not getting clear information on what is going on.

Also one more - could you say a prayer for the children in the Oncology/Haemotology ward please? Those poor babies are just so sick, but they can still keep a smile on their faces. I am so grateful that my little boy is getting better, but it is heartbreaking that some of those children may never get to leave hospital like DS.

:down:

Thank you

#63 Datrys

Posted 04 November 2013 - 07:56 AM

vitaechel, keeping your son and you and your DH in prayer.  For healing, comfort, peace, (and lack of financial stress!)

Praying for your friends in Panama and their little one; for health, good professional support, and comfort and support.

Also for the sick children, in your and all hospital wards, for healing and to be surrounded by love and care.  Sickness is never nice, but in children it is that much more difficult.

#64 Praetor VitaeChel

Posted 05 November 2013 - 09:10 AM

Thank you so much for your prayers :) DS has had a rough morning, but the hospital rang thru a prescription for anti nausea medication to my local pharmacy and he has perked up a lot. We visited his class at preschool for an hour and the teachers and his friends were super happy to see him which has lifted his spirits. He has managed to keep down some food this afternoon which is wonderful. DH's church has been wonderful and are helping with some of our outstanding bills to help take pressure off. A friend from church brought over some dinner last night too.

My friends baby has also improved and they believe that it has not affected her brain at this stage. She has been more alert and able to nurse today.

I guess all the prayers are being heard - thank you :heart:

#65 sweetmango

Posted 06 November 2013 - 07:53 PM

It would be nice if we could pray for the ladies who have posted in the current woe is me thread here on EB, there are so many families doing it tough, I sure wish God was santa tonight.

#66 Datrys

Posted 06 November 2013 - 08:05 PM

Will go and have a read of said thread, and have a word to the boss.

#67 Datrys

Posted 11 November 2013 - 07:37 PM

Private prayer being offered for L.

#68 Purple Caterpillar

Posted 03 December 2013 - 02:47 PM

Hi everyone,

I would like to make a prayer request.

Over the past three years l have been working/studying towards a career goal and today I was informed that I have been accepted into a scholarship type program however it is on the condition that they are able to find a clinical placement facility who are willing to take me on. I am unable to relocate and it is difficult to find clinical placements in my chosen field in my local area. Please pray that this works out for me.

Kind regards,
Rachael :)

Edited by Awesome Username, 03 December 2013 - 02:48 PM.

#69 sweetmango

Posted 03 December 2013 - 03:00 PM

Sounds fantastic, will pray for you.

#70 Datrys

Posted 03 December 2013 - 07:24 PM

Oh, I know that stress!  Praying that the right door will open.

#71 Purple Caterpillar

Posted 13 December 2013 - 09:03 PM

I just wanted to say thank you to everyone who prayed for me.  I got confirmation today that a clinical placement facility has been found for me. Thank you for your prayers and positive thoughts.

#72 Datrys

Posted 14 January 2014 - 07:32 AM

FAO, praying that you will find the right way forward, and even a spiritual "home."

#73 Datrys

Posted 06 April 2014 - 06:49 AM

Private prayer being offered for D.

#74 lucky 2

Posted 19 April 2014 - 05:09 PM

Prayer request for ~*Amethyst*~

My mum has cancer.

Please help me to pray for her.

She has a brand new granddaughter to see grow up & I can't live without my mother.

#75 Datrys

Posted 19 April 2014 - 05:34 PM

I responded in the other thread, but Amethyst, I will keep your family in prayer.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

'My parenting style is Survivalist'

A helicopter or tiger mum, I am not.

8 mums reveal their favourite nappy bags

We asked a bunch of mums which nappy bags they love the most.

Why you shouldn't bother throwing a big first birthday party

If you're feeling the pressure to host an all-out, over-the-top shindig for your baby's birthday, I hereby grant you permission to throw the rules out the window.

The 24 baby names on the verge of extinction this year

If you're on the hunt for the perfect baby name and don't want a chart-topper like Oliver or Olivia, then do we have the list for you.

'My mum doesn't seem that interested in my baby'

Q: My mother and I have always been close, but now that I have a baby, she has not helped out as much as I thought she would.

New guidelines: "Bottle-feeding mums need support too"

Breast is best, but mums who can't, or choose not to breastfeed need support too.

Dads also struggle to 'have it all', study finds

Men and women both experience work-family conflict.

Language development may start in the womb

Study found babies can recognise foreign languages before birth.

Meet the baby born from an embryo frozen for 24 years

Experts say little Emma is a record breaking baby.

Advertisement

Top 5 Articles

Advertisement

From our network

Five things you need to know about flu and pregnancy

As the 2017 flu season begins in earnest, here?s what you need to know to protect yourself and baby.

Mum tips to keep your pre-baby budget in check

Money might be funny in a rich man's world (or so ABBA told us), but for the rest of us it's a major consideration – particularly before having a baby.

5 easy ways to make your maternity leave last longer

Maternity leave is a special time for you, your partner and your new little bundle. The last thing you want is for financial worries to stand in the way of that joy.

10 ways to keep your 'buying for baby' costs down

Becoming a parent is full of surprises – not least of all finding out that, for such small beings, babies cause a lot of chaos and expense.

5 ways to prepare to go from two incomes to one

Here are some ideas for getting that budget in shape, ready for being a one income family.

Baby Names

Need some ideas?

See what names are trending this year.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.