Due in Feb, 2013 Chat Thread #3

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
98 replies to this topic

#76 BJBubbles

Posted 31 July 2012 - 02:26 PM

Oh hillplain bbighug.gif my heart breaks for you. Take care of yourself.... Xox

Lozypops - I haven't even done a tour of the hospital yet! Not sure about baths etc... Planning on doing a tour in the next month or 2 - once we get past the 12 weeks scan. Too scared and nervouse and feel like I'm getting ahead of myself if I even think about that atm!  If your MS is that bad, take the drugs all the time!

Amyc - I hear you on the exhaustion! I do whatever is important between about 9 and 11 in the morning. I'm almost useless in the afternoon! I'm lucky though, I work for myself from home, so I had a meeting at 8am this morning via Skype, in my PJ's!

Re the vitamins. I'm taking a bunch of stuff from my naturopath including a multivitamin, and vitamin D drops. I'm also getting leg cramps, so I take magnesium and drink a gatorade every night. Helps me get a better night sleep!

AFM - 6 days until "D-day" - NT scan next Monday. Can't really focus on much until after that.... Just hoping for a better outcome than last year (when our baby was diagnosed with anencephaly). This week can't go fast enough!

Littlejacksonone - hope you're on the mend now....???

Hi to everyone else!
Xox

#77 whale-woman

Posted 31 July 2012 - 07:07 PM

Lozypops - I hope you start feeling better soon! MS is the pits. Do mint or ginger tea help? I used to eat glacé ginger when I was pg with DD and that seemed to help.

Hill plain- my thoughts are with you.

Littlejacksonone- I hope no news from you ends in good news. I had hand foot and mouth last year and it was terrible. Whoever says its mild in adults is full of it. I had high fevers and then my palms/ soles were entirely covered in blisters. I could barely hobble about. DDgot the fever but only had a couple of blisters on eat hand/foot. I know others who got it at the same time who similarly had a terrible time of it as adults.

Vitamins - just folate and vit D. I throw up caltrate so have stopped that. I'd take fish oil but tuna on toast is one of the few things I feel like eating currently so i don't think I need it. I have hemochromatosis so I stay away from multivitamins as they contain iron. Least I don't have to worry about low iron levels despite being pg and a vego ('cept fish) they are always good.

Scan - 9 days to go. I changed the NT scan to a CVS appt. I'm looking forward to knowing for sure this ones sex (and knowing that there are no chromosomal suprises for later) We didn't find out sex for DD till she was born but this time I want to know if I should get some boy stuff or whether we can reuse all DDs  frequently pink stuff. I've been eyeing the baby clothes rack and are hanging out for scan to feel confident enough to buy anything.

MS seems to be settling a bit  biggrin.gif  I'm now getting hopeful that it won't drag on for most the 2 nd trimester like it did last time.

BJBubbles - I hope your scan goes well.

Edited by whale-woman, 31 July 2012 - 07:23 PM.

#78 whale-woman

Posted 31 July 2012 - 07:09 PM

Dbl post whoops

Edited by whale-woman, 31 July 2012 - 07:09 PM.

#79 babycat

Posted 31 July 2012 - 10:45 PM

Hillplain - sorry for your loss
Littlejacksonone - hope you're feeling better soon

Well we told Ds1 & 2 that we're having a baby,DS 1 really surprised me and is really excited at the prospect of having another brother or (preferably for him) a sister.  Haven't told them there will be two babies, want to wait till we have our 12 week scan next week to be sure all is ok.  Only reason we told them is cos it's getting really difficult to cover up the ever expanding belly : )

8 days to go till our scan, it will be such a relief to see the bubs again and finally be able to start really organising everything we need (new car, car seats, pram etc).

Hope everyone else is going well and those having scans soon - good luck.

#80 Natttmumm

Posted 01 August 2012 - 03:13 PM

Hi all, sounds like the scans are all nearby. Mine is on Friday so 2 more days and counting. I try to put it to the back of my mind but still kind of freaking out. The MS is still present but just starting to ease slightly. I am totally exhausted and useless by the arvo all though kids have been sick and up all night so could be from that too. The poor kids are so bored but I just can't manage to take them out today. Good luck everyone with the scans this week and next.

#81 Roodledoo

Posted 03 August 2012 - 06:26 PM

Hey everyone.  

It's been a while, but I'm hoping some of you remember me from about 7 weeks ago when I got the positive test result, and then my miscarriage......and I really hope you don't mind me posting as I've no-one else to talk to and I'm so confused at the moment sad.gif

Anyway, after my miscarriage, nothing actually settled down and I'm still nauseous and off certain foods and still no period etc, and after 7 weeks of complaining to my DH (who's away on site again), he suggested I write a list of my complaints to take to the Drs so I can tell her them all.  Which I did, and looking at it I thought...''that looks suspiciously like I'm pregnant.  But I can't be, I bled and I'm not showing....''.

Anyway, long story short, I've just taken another test (Drs appt on Monday and I was driving myself crazy), and it's come up with 2 pink lines.   So, positive.  WTF?  I've been living like a non-preggo bod these last 7 weeks, and got my head around having a miscarriage and now this??  So, now I have more information to drive myself crazy with.

I don't suppose anyone knows whether a positive test 7 weeks after a miscarriage is even possible?  I can't get in to the miscarriage part of the forum as I don't have enough posting history sad.gif

Sorry for the long and rambly post

Roodledoo

Edited by Roodledoo, 03 August 2012 - 06:31 PM.

#82 Nowfor4

Posted 03 August 2012 - 07:00 PM

Hi Roodldoo, I would go back to the doc and get bloods done and an ultrasound. When I had my mc in Aril I was still getting + preg tests up to 3 weeks after, even though I had had a scan that said there was nothing left. I was still having symptons for that time too, as it takes time for your hcg levels to go back down. I hope you get some answers soon, such an awful thing to go through-xx-

#83 Roodledoo

Posted 03 August 2012 - 07:57 PM

Thanks, Nowfor4.

That's what's freaking me out - I was prepared to feel 'off' for 4-6weeks (longest time frame I could find on the internet, even though the Dr said probably 2 weeks), but it's been 7 weeks now.  

I do have a Drs appointment for Monday, but, well, that's 2.5 days away!  I'm trying not to convince myself either way, but it's so hard!  

It's been a couple of hours now, and I feel much calmer.  Maybe I just needed to get it 'out there'!  

Thanks for taking the time to reply, and good luck for the next 6 months or so and beyond

xx

#84 BJBubbles

Posted 03 August 2012 - 08:11 PM

Hi Roodledoo,

So sorry you're having such a hard time! This might sound funny - but when you had your miscarriage - how was it confirmed? Did you have a blood test showing your HCG decreasing/decreased etc, or was it just a bleed?

It could be 3 things I guess - retained product from your miscarriage causing HCG to still be in your system. This is reasonably unlikely but not impossible due to the time of your miscarriage (5 ish weeks?)

You could be pregnant again - it is very possible to get PG after a miscarriage before your next AF

Or weirdly and far fetched - you could still be pregnant I guess if the only "indication" of a miscarriage was the bleeding.

I'm guessing it's one of the first 2 but unfortunately only a few BT's and a scan will tell. Any chance you can get a BT tomorrow? At least then you might be able to get a result tomorrow and then again Monday to try and give you some answers.

HTH
Xox

Edited by BJBubbles, 03 August 2012 - 08:12 PM.

#85 Twoinblue + pink

Posted 03 August 2012 - 08:28 PM

Hi all,

Just wondering if I could join the group???

I found out 2 days ago that I was pregnant. The blood test showed high HCG levels so my doctor sent me for an ultrasound straight away. The scan today showed that I was already 12 weeks and 5 days along!!! My husband and I were shocked to say the least. This is an unplanned surprise pregnancy. We have 2 sons (2.5 and 1.5 years old) and recently became permanent 'kinship' foster carers to our two nieces 6 months ago (aged 5 and 3). We were neither planning nor expecting a 5th child. We feel blessed but extremely nervous about having 5 children. By the time this little baby is born we will have gone from no children to 5 children in just over 3 years!!! We will also have five aged 5 and under!!! Talk about a culture shock. ohmy.gif

My due date is 10 Feb 2013. Can I please be added to the list and the FB page???

#86 Natttmumm

Posted 04 August 2012 - 04:18 PM

Hi all, we had our 12 week scan yesterday and have come away feeling very upset and worried. The scan went really well and we were told all measurements were normal. We then met the doctor to hear the blood results and were told we were in the situation to have had the not great blood results but good scan. Our risk is 1 in 397. They told us it was borderline low risk and said it was up to us how to proceed. E.g amino or not. We have decided to have the amnio but my worry is that if it's not DS and the baby is fine then why do I have unusual blood results? No one seems to be able to answer this. When i asked if the results come back fine could this indicate something else wrong and it seems they couldn't really answer. Any opinions would be great as it gives me something to ask specifically the obyn next visit.

#87 (feral)epg

Posted 04 August 2012 - 05:02 PM

QUOTE (Natttmumm @ 04/08/2012, 02:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi all, we had our 12 week scan yesterday and have come away feeling very upset and worried. The scan went really well and we were told all measurements were normal. We then met the doctor to hear the blood results and were told we were in the situation to have had the not great blood results but good scan. Our risk is 1 in 397. They told us it was borderline low risk and said it was up to us how to proceed. E.g amino or not. We have decided to have the amnio but my worry is that if it's not DS and the baby is fine then why do I have unusual blood results? No one seems to be able to answer this. When i asked if the results come back fine could this indicate something else wrong and it seems they couldn't really answer. Any opinions would be great as it gives me something to ask specifically the obyn next visit.

Hi Nattmumm - the combined test results mean exactly what they say - if 397 women all had your results, only 1 of those pregnancies would be abnormal.  It's still a really low possibility, but well worth having the amnio.  The  blood test is trying to work out some of the babies DNA - but indirectly through you so not a very sensitive or specific test. When is your next visit with the ob?  I would try to get in within the next week to discuss it - they're quite possibly the only one with sufficient legal protection to really give you an honest opinion (depending on the ultrasonographers qualifications).  Try not to read too much into it until you get further testing done (impossible I know).  Best of luck.

#88 rissa88

Posted 04 August 2012 - 11:49 PM

Hi ladies, im due on the 14th of febuary.  Im having my nucheal translucency scan next saturday and quite excited, this week I have finaly been able to get excited about being pregnant (first two pregnancies where stressful thanks to my ex and being young) my partner is excited to have his first child although his mother makes being pregnant with my partner just as stressful my partner knows I wont put up with her, ( as time goes on ill more then likely open up about her) anyway I hope to get to know atleast some of you ladies and make some strong connections, ttfn

#89 Natttmumm

Posted 05 August 2012 - 08:31 AM

Thanks epg. Both the lady at the ultrasound place and the obyn said they think all is fine and the bloods alone don't say much. Although I hear that we are still worried and want the amnio. Just scared it causes a miscarriage of a more than likely healthy baby. The offered us a 15 weeks scan which can lower our odds but not by that much. I am not meant to see the obyn for 3 weeks so I am ringing for an appointment next week, although he did ring me about the results and used the words that he would be absolutely shocked if anything wrong with the baby.

#90 Antares

Posted 05 August 2012 - 06:33 PM

Hi folks, my first post in here... only just coming to grips with being pregnant!  Seeing our very wiggly little person at our NT scan has kind of hit it home though!  The scan was super cool, even got 4D pics original.gif

Natttmumm I am in a similar boat, our scan looked great...  1.6mm NT, nasal bone present, 3 vessel cord, all organs listed as normal but the blood results (0.55MoM Papp-a and 3.1 MoM HCG) increased our risk to 1:109.
I had received the blood result from the doctor the day before so I was expecting to be high risk (although not quite that high) but the sonographer was surprised we that we werent upset.
We have our first ob appointment on Tuesday so will discuss it further with her then, but at this point I am erring toward waiting until the morphology scan before deciding whether to do amnio or not.  We're just trying to keep everything in perspective at present, our risk is less than 1%, it's just a probability not a diagnosis, and I cant change what's growing inside me.  Fingers crossed though!

#91 Nowfor4

Posted 05 August 2012 - 06:46 PM

Nattmum- My sister had results that came back high risk when she was pregnant with her second. It was 1:20. When she had the measurements everything was fine, but when they combined it with her bloods it came back a high risk. She had the cvs and he is now a happy 4 yr old.
When I am pregnant with girls, my blood always come back saying that I have hepatitis c, and I don't. The hormones just send my bloods funny, and I know a few people who have the same issue. I get tested at the end of the pregnancies and I don't have hep c.
That's why this time when I had my nt scan I forcused more on the results on the screen rather than my bloods, because they come back all over the place.
It is really difficult, but trust your gut and go with what you think is right.
Hi to everyone else!!

#92 whale-woman

Posted 06 August 2012 - 08:22 AM

Hi all.

Welcome newbies.

Antares & Nattmum- sorry to hear about the NT results. I hope it's not too stressful for you. The other thing to say is that if you wait for the safer amnio it does mean that a TOP is as much more complicated procedure and you've likely to have been feeling bub move at that stage. If you go CVS it's a bit higher risk but the rest is easier. Just something to think about.

Roodledoo- sounds awefully stressful. I hope you get answers soon.

AFM - MS is definitely easing.  biggrin.gif I'm actually able to do a bit again. DD is calming down and is responding to the star chart so the peeing all over the house has stopped. I went out on the weekend (DD even wanted to stay at home with DP so I got to go alone!)  and went pg clothes shopping and got some lovely tops and elastic waisted stuff from Country Road, Witchery and Susan. I was feeling like a pg frump in the 3 dresses I had that would still fit me for work. I don't like most the pg stuff I see and found Country Roads bizarre sizing worked fine last pg.
CVS for me on Thurs. I'm being fatalistic about it and not getting too worried. I am excited to confirm whether this one is a girl or a boy. I'll find out Fri so it will be a nervous day.

Edited by whale-woman, 06 August 2012 - 08:24 AM.

#93 Roodledoo

Posted 06 August 2012 - 10:20 AM

Bubble11, I haven't had any confirmation of my MC.....the Dr took my word for it!  ohmy.gif  At the time, I was naively happy with her ''hands off'' approach, but now I know what should have been done, I'm fuming!  

I've got an appointment with another Dr today, and got a scan booked for tomorrow lunchtime.  I know realistically she's not going to be able to tell me anything, but at least I feel proactive and the ball is rolling now.

It's almost definitely not a new pregnancy, for various reasons.  So I'm either 13wks pg, or 7wks after a MMC!  I've had absolutely no pain, at any point so it's all just confusing sad.gif  Both options are pretty scary, if I'm honest!  

I feel a bit wrong posting in this thread, as it's more of a general thing and in hindsight I should have started a new thread.  

I'm really grateful for the support from you ladies, though.

xx

Edited by Roodledoo, 06 August 2012 - 10:26 AM.

#94 (feral)epg

Posted 06 August 2012 - 10:27 AM

Why  why why do I still have morning sickness?  It went away for a whole week and I thought it was gone, now back to every second day.   AAAaaagh!  Makes it so difficult to get moving in the morning (I am non functional without breakfast).

Thats my vent for the day.

Tummy getting really big now - can only fit in 1 pair of jeans, and sometimes have to undo the top button to sit down.
Finding the idea of buying maternity clothes so unappealing - especially as its nearing the end of Winter so I don't want to spend a truckload of money on things that will only be useful for a few weeks.

Off to Broome for 2 wks camping in the Kimberley on Sunday!

#95 1miss2littlemen

Posted 06 August 2012 - 10:31 AM

Hi Ladies, I havent been here in a while! Can I please have my date changes to the 22nd of February?
I hope that things are traveling well for all of you!
Things are ok here, has been a little unsettled but I am slowly working through it. I am very excited to be having my 12 weeks scan hoowever I am not getting the NT part done.
I suppose I am one of the last of us to get it done LOL being due so late in the month..... LOL I will probably go a few days over...... unless these recent pains ae any indication of something happening a bit earlyer but I am not going to get my hopes up hahahaha
I hope that all of you are well and things are going smoothly! I shant dissapear any time soon again hahaha

#96 amyc1981

Posted 06 August 2012 - 01:54 PM

Hi all

roodledoo that sounds mighty stressful. Hope you get some answers soon and your scan goes well, fingers crossed. Must be awful not knowing.

epg hope MS calms down for you soon. Mine was never bad, but comes and goes and I still feel crappy most days (at 14 wks +2) - I had a couple days last week with a lot of energy but other days I drag myself through and have terrible headaches. I think I can get away with normal clothes until the warmer weather - I have a few skirts and pairs of pants that never fit properly cos I had a small waist but bigger hips so now I might fill these out at the waist finally!

whalewoman good luck for your CVS!

#97 Roodledoo

Posted 06 August 2012 - 04:49 PM

Hi everyone

Just back from the Drs (and a blood test - yuck!) and thought I'd update!

Dr was fabulous - she was the one who took my Mirena out, and warned me to be careful if we weren't planning on having babies so I was expecting a lecture, but I didn't get one.  I suppose it'd be a bit late, anyway!

Got a scan for tomorrow, they're going to do the whole shebang on me as the Dr calculates me (if I am still) to be 13w5d today....so 13w6d tomorrow ohmy.gif  Lucky I got the earlier (initial appt was for Wed, but I phoned around and got it for Tues) appointment, huh?  

Drs seems to think the most likely outcome is I'm actually still pregnant, although she obviously can't say for sure but she's had a previous patient with a similar 'single gush bleed' who went on to carry to term.  

Had bloods today and she's having the whole shebang run on them too - quantitive HCG, blood type, Downs etc.  So, Scan is tomorrow at noon, then back in to the Drs to discuss it and bloods at 2pm.  Then no doubt straight on the phone to DH in tears, regardless of the outcome!  I'm just about wetting myself!!!!  

Gutted DH is away at the moment, I'll have to figure out how to scan in the scan and email it to him!

Bubble11 - OMG, I can't imagine having such a scatty Dr!  Not what you want in general, never mind this scary hormonal time! ohmy.gif

As a few posters have mentioned, it is sooo stressful not knowing.  But I'm feeling pretty great in myself (first time in about 12 weeks!), and the sun is shining and I'll have answers either way by this time tomorrow, so I feel I'm doing OK.  Ask me again at 11.55am tomorrow, and it might be a different matter, though!  

Best of luck to all those with scans tomorrow - here's hoping for positive results
xxx

Edited by Roodledoo, 06 August 2012 - 04:51 PM.

#98 dede79

Posted 06 August 2012 - 08:26 PM

Hi all!

Welcome to the newbies, it's great our group is getting bigger!

Roodledoo, I can't believe it! It must be so stressful and exciting at the same time, hope you can sleep tonight! Good luck for the results tomorrow.

Antares and Nattmum, hope the results are all clear for you, must be a tough time...

AFM, those of you who are on the Facebook group will know but maybe some don't. We had our 12 weeks scan last Thursday night and found out we're having TWINS!  bbabyflip.gif  bbabyflip.gif Very exciting and scary at all once. Lots of planning to do and I'm a bit scared of the whole twin pregnancy but we'll get there.

Feeling quite good, no more MS, just tired and feeling a bit big...
Take care everyone!

#99 ~A2~

Posted 06 August 2012 - 09:15 PM

Thread closed

New thread here

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

'My parenting style is Survivalist'

A helicopter or tiger mum, I am not.

8 mums reveal their favourite nappy bags

We asked a bunch of mums which nappy bags they love the most.

Why you shouldn't bother throwing a big first birthday party

If you're feeling the pressure to host an all-out, over-the-top shindig for your baby's birthday, I hereby grant you permission to throw the rules out the window.

The 24 baby names on the verge of extinction this year

If you're on the hunt for the perfect baby name and don't want a chart-topper like Oliver or Olivia, then do we have the list for you.

'My mum doesn't seem that interested in my baby'

Q: My mother and I have always been close, but now that I have a baby, she has not helped out as much as I thought she would.

New guidelines: "Bottle-feeding mums need support too"

Breast is best, but mums who can't, or choose not to breastfeed need support too.

Dads also struggle to 'have it all', study finds

Men and women both experience work-family conflict.

Language development may start in the womb

Study found babies can recognise foreign languages before birth.

Meet the baby born from an embryo frozen for 24 years

Experts say little Emma is a record breaking baby.

Advertisement

Top 5 Articles

Advertisement

From our network

Five things you need to know about flu and pregnancy

As the 2017 flu season begins in earnest, here?s what you need to know to protect yourself and baby.

Mum tips to keep your pre-baby budget in check

Money might be funny in a rich man's world (or so ABBA told us), but for the rest of us it's a major consideration – particularly before having a baby.

5 easy ways to make your maternity leave last longer

Maternity leave is a special time for you, your partner and your new little bundle. The last thing you want is for financial worries to stand in the way of that joy.

10 ways to keep your 'buying for baby' costs down

Becoming a parent is full of surprises – not least of all finding out that, for such small beings, babies cause a lot of chaos and expense.

5 ways to prepare to go from two incomes to one

Here are some ideas for getting that budget in shape, ready for being a one income family.

Baby Names

Need some ideas?

See what names are trending this year.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.