Due in Feb, 2013 Chat Thread #3

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
98 replies to this topic

#26 (feral)epg

Posted 16 July 2012 - 10:12 PM

I'm so sorry Sunshiney.

#27 babyinabackpack

Posted 17 July 2012 - 10:31 AM

Sunshiney I'm soooooo sorry hun.. Please take care of yourself.

#28 Ringarosy

Posted 17 July 2012 - 10:38 AM

QUOTE (Sunshiney @ 14/07/2012, 08:18 PM)
14744152[/url]']
My baby was due to turn 11wks today.  But things were not to be and my world fell apart on Thursday.  I have been through hell physically and am still going through it emotionally.  I can only wish that none of you ever have to experience this.   But I will try to write my story in the miscarriages thread so that if you find yourself in the same situation maybe you can understand better than I did what may happen.  Though my biggest wish will be that none of you ever have to go through this.  Best wishes to all of you lovely ladies. xx

So sorry to hear your news. Wishing well thoughts to you

#29 sydneymama78

Posted 17 July 2012 - 01:23 PM

QUOTE (LittleJacksonOne @ 07/07/2012, 10:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

1st February

2nd February
bubba ship - DD-18mo, #2
epg
Lolly4ka- #1
DC106
Wrenny- #1

3rd February
leisamd-
DD-6, DS1-4, DS2-1, #4
cheekychickadees- DD1-4, DD2-2, #3
JacintaJayne-
Sunshiney- #1
kimliz- DS-6, DD-3, #3

4th February
kettricken- DS1-2, DS2-1, #3
Jettsmum - DS1-11mnths, #2

5th February
btd- DD-4, DS-2, #3
pinkelephant
astropossum- #1
Lcasey- DS1-4, DS2-3, #3
MummyTomo- DS-2, #2

6th February
Zach'smum- DS1-8, DD1-5, DS2-18mnths, #4

7th February
beatka- DD-2, #2

8th February

M!ssy
babushka doll- DD-5, DS-1, #3
Mishka79- #1
Sassy Dingo- #1
MrsKaizdos

9th February

Nattles88- DD-13mnths, #2

10th February

happinesswith2blue- DS1-4, DS2-3, #3
timeformore- DS-6, #2
Stanzy- DS-6, #2

11th February
LittleJacksonOne- #1
dede79- DS-3, #2
NicNic85- #1
BubblyGal
Nowfor4

12th February

summers-

13th February
indigo99- DS-14mnths, #2
mumatelle- DS22mnths, #2
number3forme- D1-17, D2-8, #3

14th February

HollyVienne-

15th February

Bubble11- #1
babyinabackpack- #1
Kura-

16th February
Zombiekitten- DD-9mnths, #2
Eljose- DD-2, #2
hillplain- #1

17th February
Lozypopz- #1
babycat- #3

18th February
Mummyandmemakes3- DS1&2-14mnths, #3
Becstarinator- DS-4, #2
whale-woman-DD-2, #2
singlesunflower- DD-5, #2
AgEm_my_world - DD-3, DS- 9mnths, #3

19th February
Faith86- #1
It'satadpole- DD-1, #2

20th February

21st February

22nd February

ok~computer- DS-5, DD-2, #3
donnalouise82- #2

23rd February
hmmm...- DD-13mnths
StJerome- DD-2, #2

24th February

mumofe- DD-13mnths, #2
nurserobin
- DD-1, #2
kmt1610- #1

25th February

26th February

27th February

tribemama

28th February

clm1982- DD-2, #2

??
hitchicken
MummyLatina
melzy02
SoonToB4

Angel Babies
Gone but not forgotten. Hope to see you in another DIG soon.
dolcengabbana
mummafreedles
Greatgene
Ali88
Roodledoo
Megpie
ellysbellys
Joan10
Glamour
~Bells~

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For those of you interested in joining our Facebook group here is the link:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/12084347805...=group_activity
At the moment, the group is 'closed' but not 'secret' so that you can all join, that is why it is called 'Absolutely Febulous!' so that if it comes up on your news feed that you joined- no one will know what it is original.gif, however all posts cannot be seen by anyone who isnt a member.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Can you please add me to 10 February? Thanks!

#30 tribemama

Posted 17 July 2012 - 04:56 PM

IM so sorry for your loss Sunshiney. I cant imagine how you are feeling and what it must be like for you. Take care xx

Well, morning sickness is still kicking me, although I have found that if I eat regularly and savoury meals high in salt (eg kfc chips, or cheese and olive toasted sandwhiches yum) then Im ok. I had a scary moment when my vision went haywire when I hadnt eaten properly but IM trying to do better now.

Yeah I defo look pregnant. I have looked pregnant ever since the sperm met the egg. Im in utter shock at how immediate the symptoms have come on. Its crazy.
Im a belly dancer, so um, hiding my belly is not something I can do and I notice the other women looking at me but nobody is game to ask (my teacher knows).

#31 tribemama

Posted 17 July 2012 - 04:58 PM

P.S Is it weird to eat vegemite and luncheon meat sandwiches?

#32 Girlintheredshoes

Posted 17 July 2012 - 08:37 PM

Big hugs Sunshiney

I've been keeping up with posts but I had gastro over the weekend so didn't feel up to posting. I then gave it to my son so on top of ms , not fun.

My best friend has had spotting so I'm worried for her- she's waiting on a blood test for hcg levels.

#33 PeanutButterTurtle

Posted 18 July 2012 - 03:37 PM

Hi Guys!

I'm just popping my head in to say hi! I'm Catie, 25 and (as we found out this morning!) expecting our first little cherub on the 18th of Feb. We've been TTC for about 2 years with 3 m/cs in that time, all between 5.5-7 weeks.  According to the scan today I'm 9w2d, bubba had a beautiful little heartbeat, galloping away at 170bpm. I'm struggling to believe that the little blob on the screen with arms and legs is actually in me!

What else? I'm a midwifery student, am meant to be finishing next year, but that's now on hold - I don't think I could cope with masses of placement and a newborn! At the moment I'm working as a nanny for a beautiful little 11 month old, which is just fantastic. Haven't told my boss yet, but probably will do next week as I'm starting to show already (yay, bloating!) and also have been struggling a bit in the mornings!

I'd love to join the FB group, if someone could send me a PM with the details, that would be great original.gif

#34 kimliz

Posted 18 July 2012 - 06:34 PM

Congratulations midstudentcatie. Sounds like you have been though a lot to have this beautiful little miracle. So happy for you.

AFM I had to jump back on after stalking to say that today I received my Doppler I ordered on the weekend and I heard my bubbas heart nice and clear and straight away. Such a relief as I was starting to get anxious with my scan coming up next Tuesday. I'm so happy now and can't wait to show hubby tonight!! I'll be 12 weeks on Friday,  can't believe I'm almost at the first milestone ....finally.

Hope everyone is coping ok with their nausea, mine was really bad nearly everyday from 6 weeks till recently, but I think I am turning the corne thankfully. Bring on second trimester I say!

#35 Liah

Posted 19 July 2012 - 10:26 AM

It's so wonderful being able to read what everyone else is up to - makes me feel a lot more comforted that others are going through the same issues!

Still struggling with fatigue, and now I'm starting to feel light headed too...almost fainted at Coles the other day!!  And I keep craving any potato related product - chips, wedges, in their jackets, mashed...any way I can get it lol.

Managed to go into work this week although doing so without coffee has been interesting....my brain is craving caffeine but the thought of coffee makes my stomach turn! (its so weird that our bodies protect us from certain things like that...it was the same with alcohol before I knew I was pregnant - if I was having drinks with friends, I never wanted more than 1 or 2!!)

My boss wants me to meet with the general manager of one of the mines to discuss a graduate position on site next year (I'm completing a mining engineering degree and a maths degree at the end of this year), it's going to be quite awkward stringing them along...as I definitely won't be able to work on site anymore and at only 8 weeks, I'm definitely not ready to tell them I'm pregnant!!

#36 ok~computer

Posted 20 July 2012 - 09:05 PM

Hi girls original.gif

I've been popping my head in here but haven't had much time to post lately. Dh has been on holidays which is nice, my daughter had her 3rd birthday and we got away for a week...so I feel refreshed after a nice little break. I went to the Dr today, just went in for the hospital and NT referral but left with blood tests and a dating scan, managed to get in today and saw my little one, heart beating away  happy.gif Dh and the kids got to see also, so that was really nice...it's finally sinking in.

Morning, or...all day sickness is still hanging around...I feel dizzy a lot of the time, but other than that I'm doing ok, oh...but the exhaustion, it's just draining me completely. Hopefully I'll pick up a bit in a few weeks.

Liah: I was the same with alcohol, before I knew I tried to have a drink but just couldn't stomach it. Coffee on the other hand, couldn't go a day without my caffeine boost, especially now...so tired!

Kimliz: oh a Doppler and hearing the heartbeat...how precious!

Catie: Congratulations! original.gif

Sunshiney: So sorry for your loss an what you went through, I wish all the best for you and hope you're recovering well.

Have a great weekend everyone.

#37 Natttmumm

Posted 21 July 2012 - 08:35 AM

Hi All
Hope the week has been good.
liah- it's hard with work when they not know, my boss thinks I'm going to work full time next yr but it looks like I'll be on mat leave. I'm really nervous about telling work. Is anyone else dreading that?
Kimliz- where did you get the Doppler from?
Ok computer- hope the ms goes soon. Mine is still as bad as ever at 10 week. Surely it will ease soon. Mine I worse in the arvos.
This week my ms has been tough. Probably the worst week so far. Hoping that mean it will stop soon

#38 Ringarosy

Posted 21 July 2012 - 11:21 AM

Hi all,Nice hearing everyone's stages.I am 10 weeks and the all- day-sickness is really starting to play on me. : (I have hardly been working which is hard financially.
Natttumm- I know! The last week has been awful for me too.Ok Computer- glad you came out of the doctors with everything organised.
Has anyone donned maternity jeans yet? I think I am going to have to start!!!
I had to mention to my supervisor at work what was happening with all the sick days but she said she will keep it quiet.
Take care allL

#39 kimliz

Posted 21 July 2012 - 12:03 PM

QUOTE (Lozypopz @ 21/07/2012, 12:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Has anyone donned maternity jeans yet? I think I am going to have to start!!!

I've been wearing mine, but I already had them and I am 12 weeks and getting quite a tummy on me. I'm sure it's mostly because I'm eating for 4 lol. I must remember to start taking weekly belly pics.

#40 kimliz

Posted 21 July 2012 - 12:14 PM

Nattmum - I got the doppler on eBay. It's a sonoline B. The sellers name is clinicalguardga. It was about $70 including postage and it's working great so far. I love it.

Edited by kimliz, 21 July 2012 - 12:15 PM.

#41 MummyArnold

Posted 21 July 2012 - 02:44 PM

Hi All

This is the first time I've ever been in a forum, but this is my first pregnancy so I thought it'd be a great idea to talk to other mums to be rolleyes.gif

I'm due somewhere towards the end of Feb 2013, but my cycle was so irregular I'm waiting for my first scan to confirm the exact date - a bit frustrating because I'm not 100% sure how many weeks I am, but the doctor is thinking around 9 weeks at this stage - my belly's already beginning to pop out a little which is a bit exciting!

The husband is super excited and is telling everyone he thinks he can get away with, even though I keep telling him I don't want to tell most people until we get to the 12 weeks mark - frustrating but I know he's just excited!

Looking forward to being a part of the group biggrin.gif

#42 babyinabackpack

Posted 21 July 2012 - 05:28 PM

Hi ladies!
!0 weeks today for me! Yay! Had our 10 week scan yesterday and bubble is measuring perfectly at 3.2cm and had little arms and legs and a healthy heart beat. So all is going well!!
I thought I was finally over the worst of the MS but no, it's back. Although only in the middle of the night for some reason.
Looking forward to having a bit more energy in the next trimester that's for sure.

How is baby brain going for everyone? I've started to get really frustrated with myself for doing seriously stupid things, like put the empty can of dogfood back on the shelf etc..

Hope you are all having a great weekend!

#43 babycat

Posted 21 July 2012 - 07:53 PM

Hi all,

Ms still coming in waves, particularly early morning and late night, feel much better when I have a full stomach though so think a lot of its hunger : )

Tried my maternity jeans the other day but have opted just for the bigger size normal jeans at the moment.  Ten weeks tomorrow so still another 2 weeks till I get to see my 2 jellybeans again.  Still struggling to get my head round the twin thing, and still need to tell DS1 & 2.  

Probably will tell them tomorrow as getting really hard to hide my tummy now and I'm sure someone's going to ask soon.  Would rather the boys found out before anyone else.

Almost the end of the first trimester for a lot of you, so hoping all the ms subsides and everyone starts to really enjoy their pregnancies.

#44 (feral)epg

Posted 21 July 2012 - 11:30 PM

Hi all
Hope everyone is going ok.  I'm suddenly feeling good again!!!! (End of week 11).  Nausea is resolving (although I have heartburn), my appetite is back BIG TIME!  And energy levels going up.

Best of all I just feel normal again.  Was feeling really blank emotionally, if that makes any sense.  Not really miserable, just wanting to be by myself, finding it hard to get excited about the pregnancy.  Not sure if that was the hormonal changes, or just a response to the fatigue and nausea, but so glad my mood seems to be shifting.

12 wk scan on Monday.  Also cardiac ultrasound for me as my ob. detected a heart murmur and ectopic (extra) beats - hopefully nothing serious.

#45 baysmummy_21

Posted 23 July 2012 - 02:04 PM

Been stalking this thread for awhile now lol, Can I join too?
I am currently 10 weeks, due on the 15th of feb with our fourth baby!! So excited, we were trying to wait until the 12 week mark to tell everyone but got too excited lol.

Look forward to sharing this journey with you all!

#46 Natttmumm

Posted 24 July 2012 - 08:13 AM

Hi All

Baysmummy - we are due the same day - Im having my third. Congrats on your 4th. 12 days until my 12 week scan and counting. Im going to have the blood test that goes with the scan this thursday. I have just started to feel nervous and excited about the scan.

EPG - so glad to hear that you are feeling better at 11 weeks. I will be 11 weeks on Friday and my sickness is still going strong. The last 5 days have been the worst so far!! praying by 11 weeks i turn the corner. I think Dh and my mum are hoping too as they are mostly looking after the kids in the evening after work. Mums been turning up every evening to help out!!

I have just started to wear my pregnancy pants to work even though I havent told anyone. I feel like I look 18 weeks pregnant and have a seen a few people look in that direction. I wasnt going to announce anything until around 16 weeks but doubt I can hide it that long.

DH wants to book a trip to Queensland for us and the kids before the bub arrives about when I will be 26 weeks. I checked with the clinic and they thought that would be fine. Has anyone else taken a flight at that point before or having any trips booked - im a bit nervous about it.

#47 TheFirstNoel

Posted 24 July 2012 - 12:01 PM

Hi everyone, just a quick one.  Guess it's my turn for some bleeding, just over 11 weeks.  Trying not to get upset, have a m/w appointment and scan on thursday so hopefully will wait it out...  I've had bleeding at around this stage twice before, once it didn't turn out so well.  If it gets worse today or tomorrow I'll be ringing for a check.

Hope everyone is doing well!

#48 NicNic85

Posted 24 July 2012 - 12:18 PM

Hi All,

I haven't been in here much - I've been mostly on the FB group but also suffering bad MS like many of you. 11w1d now (yay!) and maybe feeling a little better - things aren't so severe. But a little nervous to say that because started to feel better at 9-10 weeks and then had a few of the worst days of MS I've had all pregnancy. Anyway.

Just wanted to say hello to babycat - I was so excited someone else is expecting twins! DH and I found out we're also having twins at 7 weeks but I'm still getting used to the idea as this is my first pregnancy and wasn't using any ART/ clomid/ IVF etc. How is this pregnancy compared to your other singletons - can you tell much of a difference? I think my MS has been so bad because of double to hormones but you can never really know.

Slowly catching up on everyone's stories - lovely to hear so many bubs going strong.

#49 amyc1981

Posted 24 July 2012 - 12:39 PM

Hi All,

I have been lurking around here a while - I post in the AC Grads thread mostly, but thought I would join in here too - give me more to read when I should be working!

Could i please be added to the list - 2/2/13 due date, thanks!

I had my 12 week scan last Friday which was amazing and also saw bub again yesterday at my first OB appt, and since then feel so happy knowing the baby is fine, and all is going well. We only told our parents and family on the weekend, I am going to tell my friends this week and work probably next week. Such a relief to tell peopl and actually feel like its happening, I had SUCH a hard time keeping it a secret.

babyinabackpack can't believe you are 10 weeks already - how time flies! not really, the first trimester absolutely crawled for me!

I have a definite little bump and now I'm past the first trimester I am going to make more of an effort to exercise and eat well, so I dont' balloon out!

#50 babycat

Posted 24 July 2012 - 12:56 PM

NicNic85 - I haven't quite reached the excited about having twins stage yet, I think because this was a suprise pregnancy and both DH and I are a little stressed about how we're going to cope going from a family of four to a family of six (financially and emotionally).

As for how this pregnancy differs from my singletons, probably more consistent morning sickness and the fact that I look as pregnant at 10 wks as I did at about 14-16 wks with number 2. Managing to disguise it so far, but don't think I'll make it to 12 wks before people find out, especially with 2 birthday parties in the next 2 wks.

Hopefully once we've had our 12 wk scan we might start to look forward to the fact that it's twins a bit more.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

'My parenting style is Survivalist'

A helicopter or tiger mum, I am not.

8 mums reveal their favourite nappy bags

We asked a bunch of mums which nappy bags they love the most.

Why you shouldn't bother throwing a big first birthday party

If you're feeling the pressure to host an all-out, over-the-top shindig for your baby's birthday, I hereby grant you permission to throw the rules out the window.

The 24 baby names on the verge of extinction this year

If you're on the hunt for the perfect baby name and don't want a chart-topper like Oliver or Olivia, then do we have the list for you.

'My mum doesn't seem that interested in my baby'

Q: My mother and I have always been close, but now that I have a baby, she has not helped out as much as I thought she would.

New guidelines: "Bottle-feeding mums need support too"

Breast is best, but mums who can't, or choose not to breastfeed need support too.

Dads also struggle to 'have it all', study finds

Men and women both experience work-family conflict.

Language development may start in the womb

Study found babies can recognise foreign languages before birth.

Meet the baby born from an embryo frozen for 24 years

Experts say little Emma is a record breaking baby.

Advertisement

Top 5 Articles

Advertisement

From our network

Five things you need to know about flu and pregnancy

As the 2017 flu season begins in earnest, here?s what you need to know to protect yourself and baby.

Mum tips to keep your pre-baby budget in check

Money might be funny in a rich man's world (or so ABBA told us), but for the rest of us it's a major consideration – particularly before having a baby.

5 easy ways to make your maternity leave last longer

Maternity leave is a special time for you, your partner and your new little bundle. The last thing you want is for financial worries to stand in the way of that joy.

10 ways to keep your 'buying for baby' costs down

Becoming a parent is full of surprises – not least of all finding out that, for such small beings, babies cause a lot of chaos and expense.

5 ways to prepare to go from two incomes to one

Here are some ideas for getting that budget in shape, ready for being a one income family.

Baby Names

Need some ideas?

See what names are trending this year.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.