28th February

clm1982- DD-2, #2

??
hitchicken
MummyLatina
melzy02
SoonToB4

Angel Babies
Gone but not forgotten. Hope to see you in another DIG soon.
dolcengabbana
mummafreedles
Greatgene
Ali88
Roodledoo
Megpie
ellysbellys
Joan10
Glamour
~Bells~

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For those of you interested in joining our Facebook group here is the link:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/12084347805...=group_activity
At the moment, the group is 'closed' but not 'secret' so that you can all join, that is why it is called 'Absolutely Febulous!' so that if it comes up on your news feed that you joined- no one will know what it is original.gif, however all posts cannot be seen by anyone who isnt a member.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edited by LittleJacksonOne, 07 July 2012 - 10:47 PM.

#3 LittleJacksonOne

Posted 07 July 2012 - 10:45 PM

Hi Ladies- just a quick one..

(Oh GOLD by the way! hehe my first!)

Just wanted to add the list but dont have time to edit it, so if your not on it dont fret i will add you in the next couple of days. We are going away and im hoping to have a bit of rest time where i can take the time to update it (and fix the formatting errors i just noticed hehe)

So sorry to hear that ~Bells~ sad.gif, please stalk! and let us know how you go in the future. Rest up!
Bells and clm- yes I will have to go to the high risk doctor clinic at the hospital instead of the midwives. My doc i have been seeing hasnt mentioned it but my normal doc (100x more experianced) is back from hols and told my mum (they are best friends) that ill have to go there so Im going to get her to talk to my doc before i see her next hehehe

Hope everyone is going ok! I have been feeling stacks better today (actually did some cleaning hehe) but its such a double edge sword isnt it as now its making me nervous!!

#4 babyinabackpack

Posted 07 July 2012 - 11:10 PM

SILVER!!

We went to check out the Waterbirth clinic in Taipei today and have booked in!! YAY!
Had a scan aswell and bubble is measuring perfectly for 8weeks today and we even got to see and hear the heartbeat! So excited now!!

Hope you are all well!!

ETA - I've just caught up on the other thread - So sorry to hear about your loss Bells. Good luck in the future. My thoughts are with you.

Babycat - wow! Twins?!?! I would be completely overwhelmed I think!! wow!!

Edited by babyinabackpack, 07 July 2012 - 11:18 PM.

#5 1stwilliams

Posted 08 July 2012 - 07:37 PM

Hi everyone,

Very excited to be finally joining in. I have been reading this thread since our first positive pregnancy test at 3.5 weeks. But have been really cautious to get to far ahead of myself. Its been such a long wait!
I've had terrible MS from the start, in addition to every other pregnancy system I have heard of almost, hehe.

This will be our first and edd is 1st February. Had my first hospital appointment last Friday which went really well, even had the opportunity to try to find a heartbeat (we were 10weeks) and we had success! A thunder of heartbeat original.gif  It was the most amazing thing, and I finally feel like I can get excited and start thinking about the months that lie ahead.

Look forward to hearing more from everyone, and sharing this exciting time!

#6 tribemama

Posted 10 July 2012 - 11:50 AM

Please explain to me why I was whinging about lack of morning sickness? Its back with a vengence. I feel like dirt most of the day and night. Im wearing seasick bands and eating lots of small meals but I still feel sick. Ive actually vomitted and that is not something I normally do. Its been years since I did lol.
Im so bloated too, my jeans now have a good two inches between doing them up now. What is going on?
I havent told my kids yet, Im wondering how to do that? Esp as they will no doubt tell their father and boy will that be interesting. Still havent told Dad yet either, it makes me nervous as I know hes very traditional and not keen on the numerous dads thing. This baby is a wonderful thing and Im very happy so am trying to avoid negativity.
Am dying to get an ultrasound though. How cool is it going to be? Esp with a man who is very involved and a great partner (the kids dad was not involved and not a good partner, I basicly lived my life separate to his even though we were married). Im so excited and happy...and nauseas lol.

P.S Cravings anyone? Am seriously NEEDING KFC hot and spicey chicken right now.

#7 Liah

Posted 10 July 2012 - 01:46 PM

Hi all,

I'm 7 weeks pregnant (edd is 26th February) and this is my first!

Have been stalking this thread for about a week (I only found out I was pregnant last week!) but since my scan yesterday, everything feels so much more real!

I've only told mum, best friend, and boyfriend.  Quite worried about telling dad this week...

Feeling a bit nauseous every now and then...not as often now that I've realised what was causing it wink.gif But feeling so very tired all the time....all I want to do is sleep!!  I haven't been to the day job for a week and a half unsure.gif (the night job has been a little easier to handle though).

Look forward to sharing this with you all and hopefully gaining some insight from those that have already done this original.gif

#8 Nowfor4

Posted 10 July 2012 - 02:46 PM

Hi All,

Liah-Welcome and congrats.
Tribemama-Good luck telling your kids. I am going to show mine the scan and see if they get what it is. How old are your kids? Mine are 8, 5.5 and 2, so obviously the 2 yr old wont get it but the older ones should.
1stWilliams-Congrats and welcome too.
Bubble11-Hope your bleeding has stopped.
Babyinabackpack-The waterbirth clinc sounds awesome.
Littlejackson1-Hope you have a good holiday and get to rest a little.
Still feeling crap, it is driving me insane. Have never been this sick with the others, can't function. I had different symptons having my ds to having the girls, and this time I have them all, so cruel. Have my ob appt next Wednesday, so will be 10.2, hopefully will be feeling better by then.
Hope everyone else is starting to feel better original.gif

Edited by Nowfor4, 10 July 2012 - 02:48 PM.

#9 btd

Posted 10 July 2012 - 09:12 PM

Haven't posted in a while, just been busy and tired I guess!

Welcome to the newbies, love reading your stories. Sorry no time for personals just about to hit the hay wink.gif

10 weeks today and 12 wk scan booked in - if all is well looking forward to getting this secret out there! Have told immediate family (and my dear dad has blabbed to the extended family!) but can't wait to tell the kids especially my almost 5 year old dd biggrin.gif I think she will be so excited, she has been asking me to have another bub for donkeys.

Well 4 x helpings of curry for dinner tonight  oomg.gif I won't be able to hide it much longer...

Hope everyone is doing great and those who aren't feeling great hang in there!!

#10 StJerome

Posted 10 July 2012 - 09:41 PM

QUOTE (LittleJacksonOne @ 07/07/2012, 10:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hope everyone is going ok! I have been feeling stacks better today (actually did some cleaning hehe) but its such a double edge sword isnt it as now its making me nervous!!

Glad to hear you are doing better. I had the cleaning bug too today, DH was remarkably impressed lol.

QUOTE (babyinabackpack @ 07/07/2012, 11:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
We went to check out the Waterbirth clinic in Taipei today and have booked in!! YAY!
Had a scan aswell and bubble is measuring perfectly for 8weeks today and we even got to see and hear the heartbeat! So excited now!!

It's so reassuring when you see that hb. Congrats on getting into the waterbirth clinic, it sounds relaxing original.gif

QUOTE (Bubble11 @ 08/07/2012, 05:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Still little bits of spotting everyday, just hands.gif and trying to be relaxed about it.  Very, very exhausted.  Had a 25th b'day last night, and out dancing (not late, but late for me right now) so even more exhausted then usual.  

Hope everyone else is well.

sad.gif I hope the spotting settles down for you soon. I'm with you on the exhaustion.

QUOTE (tribemama @ 10/07/2012, 11:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Please explain to me why I was whinging about lack of morning sickness? Its back with a vengence. I feel like dirt most of the day and night. Im wearing seasick bands and eating lots of small meals but I still feel sick. Ive actually vomitted and that is not something I normally do. Its been years since I did lol.
Im so bloated too, my jeans now have a good two inches between doing them up now. What is going on?

Sorry, but the above made me giggle. Be careful what you wish for eh? I hope it settles down soon original.gif

QUOTE (Liah @ 10/07/2012, 01:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi all,

I'm 7 weeks pregnant (edd is 26th February) and this is my first!

Congrats and welcome!

QUOTE (Nowfor4 @ 10/07/2012, 02:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Still feeling crap, it is driving me insane. Have never been this sick with the others, can't function. I had different symptons having my ds to having the girls, and this time I have them all, so cruel. Have my ob appt next Wednesday, so will be 10.2, hopefully will be feeling better by then.
Hope everyone else is starting to feel better original.gif

That sux and I hope you feel better soon!

QUOTE (btd @ 10/07/2012, 09:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
10 weeks today and 12 wk scan booked in - if all is well looking forward to getting this secret out there! Have told immediate family (and my dear dad has blabbed to the extended family!) but can't wait to tell the kids especially my almost 5 year old dd biggrin.gif I think she will be so excited, she has been asking me to have another bub for donkeys.

Well 4 x helpings of curry for dinner tonight  oomg.gif I won't be able to hide it much longer...

I can't wait to tell everyone. A few people know, I've been a bit more carefree this time, but it's still not common knowledge. Yay for the 12 week scan and I can just imagine how excited your DD will be. It makes me wish mine was that little bit older.

Sorry for all the quoting, it's the easiest way I can keep up with replies. I'm feeling a bit queasy lately but nothing too harsh. I'm on antibiotics for a mysterious infection that's showing up in my bloods etc but not sure what my actual infection is. 7 weeks now and dating scan booked for tomorrow.

Enjoy your evening original.gif

#11 whale-woman

Posted 11 July 2012 - 04:51 PM

Sorry too knackered for personals....

Is anyone else feeling that they're running an endless race trying to juggle kids/work and with the addition of pg are just loosing the race?

I actually feel ok if I can rest. I worked yesterday which was ok but today I was terrible. The nausea is worse when driving and the cc drop off/drive to work is an hour. Today I narrowly managed to hold off vomiting till I got out of the car. DD has a sensitive stomach and is guaranteed to chuck if she sees someone chucking the last thing I need is having to clean up her puke too.. I'm planning to take a puke bag in the future in the car..... Unfortunately I have my teenage niece staying so have to act normally. DD is on a rampage hitting kids at CC and refusing to use the toilet ( I think because she's aware things aren't normal with me). On top of that there's a smell in the fridge that has my wrenching if I open it..... So so much for making dinner tonight... At least I have a teenager here who would be happy to be sent to collect takeaway...

I hope others are having a better time of it....

#12 Girlintheredshoes

Posted 11 July 2012 - 08:11 PM

QUOTE (whale-woman @ 11/07/2012, 05:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Is anyone else feeling that they're running an endless race trying to juggle kids/work and with the addition of pg are just loosing the race?

Whale woman- yes yes yes to your post! I nearly quit my thesis for uni as I was feeling so overwhelmed- thank goodness for my supervisor.

Morning sickness is not helping- seems a lot worse than my first

Just found out my best friend is pregnant- she's about 6 weeks behind me. Very happy for her.

#13 Faith86

Posted 12 July 2012 - 07:41 AM

Hey mummies to be!!
I have been laying low the past 2 weeks had my first scan about then and unfortunately wasn't able to see anything which of course worried me being a stress head even though I measured earlier then expected.. So thought I needed to stop googling - dr google, avoid this forum and Facebook. Wednesday I had a second scan and got to see my little jelly bean and found a heartbeat of 139 due now 21.2.13. Don't think I have ever been this happy!!! Just want to cry all the time with happiness..
Sorry for no personals - I did read through everyones posts and am thinking of you all!! X

#14 tribemama

Posted 12 July 2012 - 08:24 AM

Morning sickenss (morning, huh!) still kicking my butt, and tiredness too. I too feel like Im loosing the race juggling kids, housework, and pregnancy. My boyfriend is very helpful, but as this is his first, I worry that he doesnt get it and that he might htink Im exaggerating to get out of doing things lol. I am gunna steal his phone and stick a pregnancy for men ap on there lol.
I have no idea how to tell my kids or when. They are 9, 5.5 and 2. Im thinking Ill wait till the 12 week scan and see if we can find out what it is and show them the piccy so they have something concrete. THey'll get it as they were very aware of their littlest sister and my last pregnancy. I guess Im also avoiding telling their father as he'll chuck a sook for some reason. He always chucks sooks and really Im not interested.
Went back to my belly dance classes and it felt so good. I swear they could see my belly jutting out already lol. Paranoid much?

#15 Electric_Blue

Posted 12 July 2012 - 08:58 AM

Hi ladies,

I am 11 weeks and have my 12 week scan on the 25th July. I can't wait! I can then announce it to the rest of the family assuming everything is okay of course.

I had a scan at 6 weeks and was told I was due 1st of Feb. Although it wouldn't surprise me if it just squeezed into Jan or maybe even a few days late.

#16 whale-woman

Posted 12 July 2012 - 11:15 AM

Stanzy- with my DD I luckily had 90% of my masters thesis done when I got pg. I ended up handing it in without even managing to proof read it as I was just too sick. I should have talked to my supervisor but never did.... The MS went on for 20 weeks so even if I'd had an extension it really would have just prolonged to pressure - I would have needed a like 4 months extension.... Still pretty upset about it as I was hoping to turn the masters into a PhD, not that I have any energy/time since and never got the grade i wanted because of the MS issue. Good luck with it, it's great you have an understanding supervisor.

Edited by whale-woman, 12 July 2012 - 11:15 AM.

#17 Just green apples

Posted 12 July 2012 - 04:33 PM

Ah, juggling. Not my favourite word at the moment...

I'm feeling exhausted, would have lunchtime naps at work if I could. My husband's away for work for another three weeks. Just got a call from childcare to come and pick up my sick 2-year-old. Sigh ...

Two more weeks and I'll be 12 weeks, it'll all be better then.   blink.gif

#18 Girlintheredshoes

Posted 12 July 2012 - 09:23 PM

Anyone else look pregnant yet?

My belly popped a few days ago and today I was asked. I'm not keeping it a secret though and I am showing just shy of ten weeks.My belly popped at 8 weeks with my first so I'm happy I got to nearly ten weeks! I haven't put on weight yet although I'm always hungry!

#19 TheFirstNoel

Posted 13 July 2012 - 09:43 AM

I think I do Stanzy, but I'm pretty sure it's mostly bloating and chocolate so far!  I'm eating like a horse and soooo tired and emotional!  I was in tears many times on wednesday...

Today is my birthday and I'm exactly 10 weeks pregnant!  And I think I'm going to have to nurse half a glass of wine at dinner with my mum & sister tonight to keep the secret a little longer...

#20 maybeonemore

Posted 13 July 2012 - 12:08 PM

Hi Ladies

I had my dating scan today 6w6d which now puts me at EDD of 2nd March so i hope you all dont mind but im going to head over to the March dig.

#21 babycat

Posted 13 July 2012 - 08:23 PM

Anyone else look pregnant yet?

I do, trying to keep it hidden under baggy jumpers and vests is getting harder.  I'm 9 weeks on Sunday and have 2 mothers group parties (including DS1s) before my 12 week scan.  Think I'm just going to have to admit it, but might just fail to mention that it's twins before I've had the scan.  

Off out tomorrow to start searching for a new car and pram, hoping once I tell everyone it's twins that they'll offer rockers, swings and cots so we can avoid the extra expense!

I am absolutely starving so have had to go and buy a whole load of snacky things I can eat on the run, and living on pasta at the moment cos its the only thing that settles the tummy.

Good luck to all those due to have their 12 week scans soon, I can't wait to see the look on Ds1's face when he comes with me (Ds2 won't quite understand yet).  Hope he takes it well as we're having a few behavioural challenges at the moment : (

#22 TheFirstNoel

Posted 14 July 2012 - 08:26 AM

It's alright Bubble, managed to avoid it altogether (dinner @ home).  My mum was already hungover so only my sister & her boyfriend had a glass of wine. laughing2.gif  I'm not exactly the biggest drinker when not pregnant anyway, and I'm not militant about no alcohol when pregnant - but will keep it to an occaisional half-glass - but it was nice to just avoid the whole thing.

Bye clm - glad your scan went well!

#23 Natttmumm

Posted 14 July 2012 - 09:37 AM

Hi all, still suffering with the sickness here and totally agree about juggling work and kids. My girls keep telling me not to vomit- they are too young to understand and just think mummy is sick. Thankfully mum has been helping out where she can.
I'm 9 weeks now and really hoping this stops at 12.

#24 Sunshiney

Posted 14 July 2012 - 08:18 PM

My baby was due to turn 11wks today.  But things were not to be and my world fell apart on Thursday.  I have been through hell physically and am still going through it emotionally.  I can only wish that none of you ever have to experience this.   But I will try to write my story in the miscarriages thread so that if you find yourself in the same situation maybe you can understand better than I did what may happen.  Though my biggest wish will be that none of you ever have to go through this.  Best wishes to all of you lovely ladies. xx  

#25 Nowfor4

Posted 14 July 2012 - 09:09 PM

Oh Sunshiney, I am so sorry for your loss. Take care of yourself, and hope things turn the corner for you soon.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

'My parenting style is Survivalist'

A helicopter or tiger mum, I am not.

8 mums reveal their favourite nappy bags

We asked a bunch of mums which nappy bags they love the most.

Why you shouldn't bother throwing a big first birthday party

If you're feeling the pressure to host an all-out, over-the-top shindig for your baby's birthday, I hereby grant you permission to throw the rules out the window.

The 24 baby names on the verge of extinction this year

If you're on the hunt for the perfect baby name and don't want a chart-topper like Oliver or Olivia, then do we have the list for you.

'My mum doesn't seem that interested in my baby'

Q: My mother and I have always been close, but now that I have a baby, she has not helped out as much as I thought she would.

New guidelines: "Bottle-feeding mums need support too"

Breast is best, but mums who can't, or choose not to breastfeed need support too.

Dads also struggle to 'have it all', study finds

Men and women both experience work-family conflict.

Language development may start in the womb

Study found babies can recognise foreign languages before birth.

Meet the baby born from an embryo frozen for 24 years

Experts say little Emma is a record breaking baby.

Advertisement

Top 5 Articles

Advertisement

From our network

Five things you need to know about flu and pregnancy

As the 2017 flu season begins in earnest, here?s what you need to know to protect yourself and baby.

Mum tips to keep your pre-baby budget in check

Money might be funny in a rich man's world (or so ABBA told us), but for the rest of us it's a major consideration – particularly before having a baby.

5 easy ways to make your maternity leave last longer

Maternity leave is a special time for you, your partner and your new little bundle. The last thing you want is for financial worries to stand in the way of that joy.

10 ways to keep your 'buying for baby' costs down

Becoming a parent is full of surprises – not least of all finding out that, for such small beings, babies cause a lot of chaos and expense.

5 ways to prepare to go from two incomes to one

Here are some ideas for getting that budget in shape, ready for being a one income family.

Baby Names

Need some ideas?

See what names are trending this year.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.