So So Tired....

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 (feral)epg

Posted 02 July 2012 - 08:50 PM

Really struggling this week - can't sleep, feel like a zombie when I'm awake, absolutely zero energy.  Nauseous all the time. sad.gif
BUT - my partner is being loverly and understanding, my cats are enjoying me being on the couch so much (especially cause it's cold), and every symptom reminds me of the little person growing in my belly.

How's everyone else feeling at the moment?  Venting allowed.

(And second timers - please tell me next trimester is going to feel better!)

#2 Babushka Doll

Posted 03 July 2012 - 09:52 AM

I feel your pain.   I actually had to go home from work yesterday after lunch - the nausea was grinding, I cried I felt so awful.   No vomiting just constant shivering and hunching over.   AWFUL.

This being my 3rd is the worst I have ever felt.    First were no where near this bad.

But yes, second trimester is good.  Although there are other 'symptoms'  they are not as bad as the MS.

third tri is ok, except toward the end of course when you are tired again.    

The only advice I can give is keep yourself hydrated and at the first sign of the dreaded 'constipation' see your OB and get some natural remedy as I got a hemoroid with my first from straining and it stayed with me, and got worse after the birth.   Very common but can be avoided.

#3 babyinabackpack

Posted 03 July 2012 - 10:02 AM

I could have written your post!
I'm absolutely exhausted aswell but I'm really not sleeping well. I just can't get comfortable in bed and toss and turn all night.. Every hour or two I just get an overwhelming need to lie on my side aswell. Soo soo tired.

I haven't vomited yet but I do get waves of Nausea..
Hoping it will get better soon!!

Take care of yourself both of you!

#4 babycat

Posted 03 July 2012 - 10:24 AM

I can't tell whether the nauseous feeling is morning sickness or due tithe nasty cold that I'm suffering!  Both DS's have had it too, DS 1 is almost fully recovered but DS 2 got the throat and ear infection to go with the constant snotty nose and chesty cough and is therefore not sleeping unless he's snuggled as close as possible to me.  I actually fell asleep on the sofa for 2 hours yesterday, thankfully DS 2 was in bed and DS 1 let me sleep while he watched his Play School DVD.

I'm hoping DH will be home early so I can do the same today.

Hope everyone starts to feel better soon, I didn't have any ms with DS1, DS 2 I ended up on  for the constant nausea (no vom thank goodness) but by 12 weeks I was fine, just had major indigestion which never really went away.  Aah the joys of being pregnant hey?!

#5 cheekychickadees

Posted 03 July 2012 - 09:19 PM

I no exactly how u feel this is my 3rd and I've got a cold and ear infection can't sleep at night and feeling like doing nothing during the day

#6 (feral)epg

Posted 03 July 2012 - 11:50 PM

Well I'm sorry that you ladies are all feeling blurgh too, but I feel a bit better knowing I'm not the only one!  I just feel so pathetic sometimes - for instance I had the afternoon off yesterday and would normally have done grocery shopping and cooked dinner - but my partner got home at 7pm to find I'd spent the afternoon napping and my effort at dinner was to put some potatoes in the oven.  Total fail on being a domestic goddess  wink.gif
But then today after a horrible bout of vomiting this morning I summoned up the energy to cycle to work - and the fresh air and gentle exercise actually made me feel a whole lot better and then this evening I WANTED healthy food (chicken and salad) which is a pleasant change from just wanting white carbs - so maybe there is light just around the corner.

Best of luck everyone - I'm sure we'll all have a lovely 2nd trimester with no MS and all our energy will come back.

#7 Natttmumm

Posted 04 July 2012 - 05:26 PM

Yes same here. So nauseated and exhausted. I am proud of myself today for surviving the day on my own with the kids without crying. Last few days my stomach is so bloated too.

#8 .MrsM.

Posted 04 July 2012 - 05:51 PM

QUOTE (Babushka Doll @ 03/07/2012, 07:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I feel your pain. I actually had to go home from work yesterday after lunch - the nausea was grinding, I cried I felt so awful. No vomiting just constant shivering and hunching over. AWFUL.

oh this is me! not vomiting but overwhelming all day/night nausea. the only time im not feeling it is when im asleep! i haven't been to worked this week and havenow been prescribed zofran, which is giving me some relief.

i have cried a few time at just how awful i feel. i know its all for a very wanted bub though.

#9 (feral)epg

Posted 05 July 2012 - 03:11 PM

QUOTE (MrsM09 @ 04/07/2012, 03:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
oh this is me! not vomiting but overwhelming all day/night nausea. the only time im not feeling it is when im asleep! i haven't been to worked this week and havenow been prescribed zofran, which is giving me some relief.

i have cried a few time at just how awful i feel. i know its all for a very wanted bub though.

i've been SO teary as well - last night was watching the Tour de France and just crying - don't even know why.  It's a bit like PMS (which I don't normally get) but amplified.  Should be ecstatic, but mostly feeling just tired, and like I want to be quiet and on my own.
Then fell asleep on the couch after little teary episode, so thought stuff this I'm going to bed - and lay awake for hours staring at the dark ceiling.  Currently getting my best sleeps in my lunch break at work - we had a quiet afternoon yesterday and I slept for 2 hours(!) with my head on a towel on a table until my nurse woke me and said I had work to do.
Nausea now coming in waves - had 2 really bad days followed by 2 quite good days.

Anyone else having really vivid and bizarre dreams?

#10 whale-woman

Posted 05 July 2012 - 03:40 PM

Warning a big vent!

Another one here's who is feeling sh*teful. I had to take a healthy dd to a gp last week to get a note to say she could go to CC again after chucking. Of course she brought home the proverbial plague from the gps and a few days later she and DP have been snot fountains, high temps and DD has been chucking. I got a dose of it too, but unlike the rest of the household on the couch, have had to keep going. No ones been sleeping and the MS is just so much worse when I can't rest.

I've had massive bloating/cramping and wind issues on top of everything (since the bfp so not virus related) and even got out my elastic waisted pg clothes as nothing else is comfy. I've vomited once so far and got to the wretching point a few times. I've had to walk out on catered meetings as the smells were going to make me chuck. I'm doing the absolute minimum at work (and home ie no cleaning) and getting concerned looks from the higher ups (and my staff are getting a bit funny as I'm not dealing with them as well as usual). My boss turned up to one of my meetings unannounced which he never does, I can only suspect it's to check out what's going on after hearing concerns.

I was on call for work last night so even less sleep. Today I'm just hanging in there. I've avoided the tears.(there's a pretty big incentive as last time DD saw me cry she was traumatized and we has an outbreak of behavioral problems inc peeing on the floor etcetc) today I just want to sleep but got woken up in dds nap time (I'd unplugged the land line but forgot to turn off the mobile) on top of this I went out for 40 mins (to shop for pg clothes but the shop is closed for refitting) and missed the delivery (by 10 min) I was waiting for which contains my birthday present which I now won't get in time for tomorrow. I would try to get it delivered to DPs work but I don't know the address and he's left his mobile so is uncontactable. All minor issues in the big picture but today it's all to much.

Sorry to rain on peoples parade but ms usually settles by 12 weeks but not always. I had constant nausea till 20 weeks last time.... I hope this doesn't last that long....

I was wondering about the zofran and whether I should get some. ATM I don't have the energy to do anything so even that's in the too hard basket. MrsM does it make a big difference?

#11 (feral)epg

Posted 08 July 2012 - 10:47 AM

AAAAggh - I hate vomiting.  Totally over it.  Except it seems to give me an hour or so relief from the nausea.  And it means bubby is doing well.  Still hate it.

#12 mumatelle

Posted 10 July 2012 - 04:14 PM

oh im exhausted too sad.gif really sucks doesnt it?! went and got groceries this morning got home and had no energy to carry them from the door to the pantry! i had a shower to try wake myself up and i just kept yawning, my eyes were stinging, i was so so tired, anyone would have thought it was midnight not lunchtime!! really struggling with keeping it together at work too... but the first trim is almost over, only a couple more weeks then im hoping ill bounce back a bit, hope we all do!! fingers crossed!!

#13 ellefr

Posted 10 July 2012 - 04:23 PM

I could have written that post myself!!

I've had to give up work as a beautician as I was just vomiting constantly and even though I've felt tired I can't seem to sleep properly at night! sick.gif

I have found though that you have to make your own routine that works for you. I discovered that nibbling on something before I got out of bed like everyone advises didn't work for me, I would just throw it up. But sucking on butter menthols when I first wake up then eating a little while later is working well!!!!

Mothers I know who have had morning sickness seem to love telling me their stories about expectant mums who had it for the whole 9 months so I am panicking a little!!

I hope you start feeling better soon it really is awful!!

#14 ellefr

Posted 10 July 2012 - 04:27 PM

Dear Whale-Woman
I think you are amazing I feel terrible for complaining when you have so much on your plate.

Love to you and I hope things improve soon for you

x

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

'My parenting style is Survivalist'

A helicopter or tiger mum, I am not.

8 mums reveal their favourite nappy bags

We asked a bunch of mums which nappy bags they love the most.

Why you shouldn't bother throwing a big first birthday party

If you're feeling the pressure to host an all-out, over-the-top shindig for your baby's birthday, I hereby grant you permission to throw the rules out the window.

The 24 baby names on the verge of extinction this year

If you're on the hunt for the perfect baby name and don't want a chart-topper like Oliver or Olivia, then do we have the list for you.

'My mum doesn't seem that interested in my baby'

Q: My mother and I have always been close, but now that I have a baby, she has not helped out as much as I thought she would.

New guidelines: "Bottle-feeding mums need support too"

Breast is best, but mums who can't, or choose not to breastfeed need support too.

Dads also struggle to 'have it all', study finds

Men and women both experience work-family conflict.

Language development may start in the womb

Study found babies can recognise foreign languages before birth.

Meet the baby born from an embryo frozen for 24 years

Experts say little Emma is a record breaking baby.

Advertisement

Top 5 Articles

Advertisement

From our network

Five things you need to know about flu and pregnancy

As the 2017 flu season begins in earnest, here?s what you need to know to protect yourself and baby.

Mum tips to keep your pre-baby budget in check

Money might be funny in a rich man's world (or so ABBA told us), but for the rest of us it's a major consideration – particularly before having a baby.

5 easy ways to make your maternity leave last longer

Maternity leave is a special time for you, your partner and your new little bundle. The last thing you want is for financial worries to stand in the way of that joy.

10 ways to keep your 'buying for baby' costs down

Becoming a parent is full of surprises – not least of all finding out that, for such small beings, babies cause a lot of chaos and expense.

5 ways to prepare to go from two incomes to one

Here are some ideas for getting that budget in shape, ready for being a one income family.

Baby Names

Need some ideas?

See what names are trending this year.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.