Posted 20 June 2012 - 12:02 PM

New thread time ladies.

Here's the link to your old thread.

Cheers,
~Mintie~

#2 1982blair

Posted 20 June 2012 - 03:38 PM

GOLD!!!!!

Yippee hope this brings me good luck!!  Was just popping on to see if there was any news from anyone but there wasn't!!  Hope you are all OK!!  I am currently 11DPO had a BFN this morning but hoping by some miracle that it might still be too early to test!  I felt like AF was going to show about 7DPO and I am still getting lots of cramps so not feeling too hopeful in all honesty!

#3 Fingers Crossed!!

Posted 20 June 2012 - 05:31 PM

Silver!!!

Hi 1982Blair - eek hope its just too early for you to test? Keep us posted wont you!

Ive only just ovulated so am in the dreaded 2WW (we managed to BD heaps around O which is good) but my lining was still way too thin so this is my last clomid cycle - my fs wants me to move straight onto IVF next cycle!!

Plllleeease let this 2WW be the one!!

#4 Sassy Dingo

Posted 20 June 2012 - 07:17 PM

Finger's Crossed - How are you feeling about the IVF, looking forward to it or worried? How does IVF even fix the lining though? Good luck with your 2 week wait!

1982blair - Hopefully you're just one of those ladies who take forever to get a BFP! It's not over till you get AF.

AFM: Had my first scan today. 6 weeks 5 days apparently. Saw what looked like a little kidney bean. Little bean had a HB of 129bpm so that was all good. Gives a EDD of 8th of Feb - which is my niece's birthday. DH said that it's clear that my sister and I both go into 'season' together. Just a little bit creepy.

#5 Fingers Crossed!!

Posted 21 June 2012 - 09:48 AM

Sassy Dingo - thats fab news for the scan!! And yay to a heartbeat - you must be over the moon!!!

As for my lining, there isnt necessarily a problem - clomid is known for thinning the lining for some people and I just happen to be one of them - before clomid my lining was above 6mm which is ok and supposedly the drugs you are on for IVF encourages the lining to grow more.... we'll just have to wait and see and keep all my fingers crossed in the meantime!!

Feel ok about it and yeah strangely excited but nervous overall!! I just want to be a mum so however it takes I suppose!!

#6 Joan10

Posted 22 June 2012 - 06:25 PM

Hi everyone! Sorry I've been missing!
Fingers Crossed - crossing my fingers for your lining too, which it seems isnt necessarily a problem as you said. Hoping it continues to thicken a lil original.gif
Sassy Dingo- thats so exciting for you!! Hearing that heart beat would be one of those moments that take your breath away. After my bfp, I didn't want to confirm it definitely was a positive until I had two HCG blood tests.
All the best for everyone's 2ww!
AFM -
Sorry I've been missing. After my positive hpt, I didn't want to return until I had done two HCG blood tests. Got one on Monday at roughly 18dpo which registered at 100. Then one three days later (yesterday) showed a HCG of 300. Doc is pleased it tripled but I'm so concerned the figures are low sad.gif

#7 Thylacine

Posted 24 June 2012 - 10:26 AM

Hi ladies,

hope your all enjoying the weekend  original.gif

Blair - any updates??

Fingers Crossed - Hopefully you won't need the IVF, good luck for this cycle.

Sassy - Congratulations! Hearing the heartbeat must have been amazing!

AFM - Was due to O yesterday, but pretty sure I haven't yet. Will just keep BDing until I feel the O pain. Wish me luck!

#8 Speshelle

Posted 25 June 2012 - 12:20 PM

Hi Ladies!

Great hearing from all of you. This is a quick one as I'm still in the 2WW (currently 11DPO). Time ticks by so slowly but I have an inkling (hope) things may have taken. Then again I'm sure most people who are on fertility treatments are thinking/feeling the same.

The nurse told me to call back if I dont get a period by 4th of June. This is more than 2 weeks after I ovulated. I'm guessing this may be because I have long irregular cycles? Eitherway, I'm going to test regardless on Thursday (14DPO) then again on the 4th. Surprisingly I'm not feeling too anxious and have been keeping myself busy with Christian Grey and 50 shades of Grey :-P

1982 Blair - Have you tested again? Cramping was a sign of my first pergnancy. I'm hoping now news from you is good news!

Fingers Crossed: How many DPO's are you now? I'm glad to read that you're excited about starting the next stage. Hopefully you won't need to, but if you do, its a great sign that IVF encourages lining growth.

Joan10: how many DPO was it when you had the blood tests? The levels are about right I believe. This is a great HGC calculator: http://www.babymed.com/tools/hcg-calculator. I'm thinking your levels are a great indication!

Thylacine: Have fun! ;-)

SassyDingo: LOL at your hubby's comment. My daughter shares a birthday with my nephew (SIL's son). It's great cos we never forget his birthday now :-)

#9 1982blair

Posted 25 June 2012 - 04:25 PM

BFN for me this month, AF arrived on saturday sad.gif I was a bit hopeful as I had lots of cramping when I pregnant with my DD.  Have decided that we will try this month and then to have a break if its not successful, I have just started back at work anyway so maybe I should just concentrate on that for a bit!

Great news Joan10

Good luck Speshelle Keep us posted, will keep everything crossed for you!

I remember that feeling of seeing the babies heart beat for the first time Sassy Dingo it really is priceless, enjoy every second of your pregnancy!

Where are you at now Fingers Crossed??

Has that elusive O day arrived yet for you Thylacine wishing you luck for this cycle!

#10 Thylacine

Posted 25 June 2012 - 06:14 PM

Blair - so sorry that AF arrived  bbighug.gif  Hopefully this month will be successful and you won't need to take that break

Speshelle - The 2ww goes by so slowly! It's good that you're keeping distracted though.

AFM - well I think I O'd this morning. My O pain didn't seem to be as strong as usual though. Do you think that means anything? I noticed I O'd from the left again this month - third time in a row. So, thinking about O pain got me wondering - If two eggs were released, would they be released from the same ovary, or one from each?

#11 Fingers Crossed!!

Posted 26 June 2012 - 09:21 AM

1982Blair - so sorry Af arrived - whats your plan for next cycle?Same dose of clomid?

Thylacine - yay to ovulating!!

Spaschelle - dont you just hate the 2WW!!

AFM - I am currently 7DPO and nothing to report! Its sooo boring this wait!! I have an appointment with the nurses at the IVF clinic today to run through my next cycle doing IVF if this one isnt a success - will let you know how I get on

#12 Joan10

Posted 26 June 2012 - 05:49 PM

1982blair - sorry about AF sad.gif all the best for your next cycle!
Speshelle, fingers crossed, Thylacine - all the best for your tww! Sending lots of baby dust your way!
AFM - I've spent a few days crying already but still holding on to some shreds of hope. I really think my dates are off. It's so hard when ppl keep asking when my LMP was. I did three rounds of cycle in May and the trigger so it's hard to calculate lol.
Anyway, I started brown spotting and it got a bit stronger over the weekend. I called the on call OB as mine is away sick. Was told to get a blood test on Monday 25/6.
Results:18/6 (18dpo I think) : HCG 101 ; Prog 68 21/5 (21dpo) : HCG 300 so it tripled!! 25/6 it was only at 423 and my progesterone dropped to 31 sad.gif

The fact it didn't even double is freaking me out and I can't help but feel like its over already sad.gif I've been told its good it's at least increasing but I've been asked to come in on Thursday (28/6) for another blood test and an early pregnancy scan (u/s). I'm guessing with my levels so low they may not see anything yet and even that will add to my stress.

Edited by Joan10, 26 June 2012 - 05:50 PM.

#13 Speshelle

Posted 29 June 2012 - 05:12 PM

Joan, how did the scan and blood test go yesterday? Its great that they offered you an ultrasound. Whatever the result, I hope you got some answers and can move forward from now on. Theres nothing worse than waiting in limbo.

And for me, I don't think I'm pregnant :-( Its been 14 days since I've ovulated and the HPTs keep coming up negative. I stare and strain trying to detect a faint line but there is nothing. Surely by now a faint line would appear if it were positive right? So now I wait for AF to arrive this weekend (though not sure if it will as my cycles are all over the place). For those who have long cycles, did it shorten while on clomid?

I'm quite surprised and disappointed. I honestly thought I was. Started getting twinge aches in my boob and more discharge than usual. Even thought I felt a little queasy today, but it turns out I was just hungry -sigh-

Hope you ladies are faring well and that the 2ww fly by.

Michelle

#14 Thylacine

Posted 30 June 2012 - 09:12 AM

Joan - any news? I have been thinking of you, hope everything's OK  bbighug.gif

Speshelle - I guess it could be too early still, some women don't get a BFP till later. I think most people get their BFP by 14 DPO, but not all.

As for cycle length, my first cycle on clomid was 28 days! I was very happy about that since my usual was 33-35 days and sometimes it was even longer. This is my second clomid cycle and I O'd on CD 17, so if I have a 14 day LP (like I usually do) then this cycle will be 31 days, so only a bit shorter than usual.

Fingers Crossed - Any EPS yet? Also - How did your appointment at the IVF clinic go?

AFM - 2ww  yyawn.gif  I'm 4DPO today so it's too early for EPS, guess I'll just have to distract myself till it's time to test.

Hope you all have a lovely weekend  original.gif

Edited by Thylacine, 30 June 2012 - 09:12 AM.

#15 Fingers Crossed!!

Posted 30 June 2012 - 09:43 AM

Hi Thylacine

Good luck in your 2WW!! Do you know how many follicles you had in the end?

Joan - any news/update? hope everything is going well x

AFM - I am about 10/11 DPO at the moment and because I am on progesterone support I have been feeling the same EPS as I did last cycle but they are as a result of the injection so know I shouldnt get my hopes up but still do!!!

IVF appointment went well and if this cycle isnt successful I start the IVF straight away..... pretty scary but feel like Im ok with the next step if thats what it takes

have a good weekend all xx

#16 whisk_

Posted 03 July 2012 - 08:58 AM

Hi Everyone,

I've been stalking the clomid groups for two weeks now and it hasn't felt right to do so without stopping in to say hello and introduce myself.

I'm 30, married and have been TTC #1 since Jan 2011.  We fell pregnant last June (naturally) and I miscarried at 9 wks.  The miscarriage has pretty much consumed me for the last year and I've really struggled with it.  Because we fell pregnant without too much trouble (I had 35 day cycles, but that was the only 'abnormality'), we didn't realise we had a problem.  As it turned out, moving on from the miscarriage was virtually impossible for me though as my period never came back and I was constantly told to give it time and to stop worrying.  Finally, after having a total meltdown when my husband's brother announced he and his gf were expecting their "whoops" baby (and realising my in-laws would still get their first grandbaby this year), I took myself off to the FS/RE who has now diagnosed PCOS.  

I've lost 10kg and lead an active and healthy lifestyle, but none of this has helped my PCOS.  

I've now started day 1 of clomid (first round) at 50mg (CD2-5) and will be having ovulation tracking at Genea in Sydney throughout the cycle.  I'm hopeful and so worried at the same time.  Who would have thought it would be this hard?  

Anyway, I just wanted to stop by and say hello - reading the old threads has been helpful to me in the leadup to this so I thought I would join in.  I'm not sure how active I will be in the forum though, I can tend to get a bit obsessive in terms of reading every little thing and it doesn't do much for my stress levels.  

Wishing you all well in your ttc journeys!

#17 Joan10

Posted 03 July 2012 - 05:59 PM

Hi all!
Home from the women's hospital. Got the methotrexate shot yesterday sad.gif Ectopic pregnancy. Lots of cramping and bleeding at the moment do please forgive me with this short post. Just wanted to give you all an update. I'll come back in a few days to do personals!
I must say, not only are the physical pains horrible, but mentally and emotionally I am exhausted.
All the best to you all ladies and I'll be back with personals soon!

#18 Sassy Dingo

Posted 03 July 2012 - 07:09 PM

Oh Joan, that's so terrible. I'm so sorry. Please be kind to yourself.

#19 1982blair

Posted 04 July 2012 - 03:40 PM

Welcome Whisk_ and good luck

So sorry to hear your news Joan10  sad.gif

#20 whisk_

Posted 04 July 2012 - 04:28 PM

Hang in there, Joan10.  Sorry to hear your news.  Take care of yourself. x

#21 Thylacine

Posted 05 July 2012 - 10:12 PM

Oh Joan, I'm so sorry  bbighug.gif I hope you're doing OK and your DH is taking good care of you.

Welcome Whisk! Sorry to hear of your loss. I hope that clomid works out for you and you get a BFP soon.

Fingers crossed
- I don't know how many follicles I had, my doc only gives me a CD21 BT as my only tracking. And in fact this month, I totally forgot to go in for my BT! I was supposed to have it on Mon, but I work in accounts and I think I must have been too distracted by the end of the financial year!

Hi to everyone else, hope you're all doing well.

#22 *Katey*

Posted 06 July 2012 - 08:40 AM

Hi ladies, may I join?  waves.gif

Yesterday I got my first script of clomid, and will be starting it as soon as my AF comes back (I had a M/C last month, so this month's cycle seems to be a bit slow). She should be here within the next 1 - 2 weeks. So we're just waiting for her now, before we can start on the clomid original.gif

I'm ovulating every cycle, but my ovulation is very late in my cycle, causing me to have a short luteal phase, which ruins any chance of a fertilised egg establishing properly. This is why they think I may have miscarried last month.

My OBGYN has put me on clomid for 2 - 3 months to see if it will bring forward my ovulation. If not, or if I keep ovulating from the side with no fallopian tube, I will be moving onto IVF. She'll be tracking my next few cycles to see if the clomid is making a difference though, so we've got a least another few months before IVF talks.

Looking forward to taking the next step and being part of this group original.gif

Edited by *Katey*, 06 July 2012 - 08:42 AM.

#23 Thylacine

Posted 07 July 2012 - 08:58 AM

Hi Katey  waves.gif  I remember you from the ttc #1 thread. I still pop my head in to that thread sometimes but it moves so quickly, I find it hard to keep up with everyone!

Sorry to hear of your m/c, I hope you're doing OK. Hopefully Clomid will work out for you.

Hi to everyone else, hope you're all having a nice weekend.

AFM - Well I'm 11 dpo today and not feeling any eps. I know that it's not over until AF arrives, but I'm just not feeling hopeful for this cycle  sad.gif

#24 1982blair

Posted 11 July 2012 - 02:23 PM

Welcome *Katey* and good luck with your first round of clomid

How's everyone else going???  Any one got any good news to share.  Its been pretty quiet on here recently!

I have a question for you ladies and I hope someone can help me!!  I had a positive OPK and positive blood test on saturday so I was expecting to ovulate on sunday, monday at the latest but have seen no thermal shift yet?  Has this happened to anyone else??  What does it mean?  I am hoping that this month isn't a write off before its even begun as this our last month also I am still getting positive OPK's this has never happened to me before!

#25 Thylacine

Posted 13 July 2012 - 09:18 PM

Hi ladies, yes it has been very quiet here lately. How are you all going?

Blair - Sorry, I don't know much about OPKs. I started off using them when I started ttc and had mixed results, I just do temping now. You could try posting your question on the "OPKs, HPTs and BFPs" page, it will get much more traffic there.

Joan - Hope you're doing OK

So AF was due on Tuesday, I got to 6pm and she still hadn't arrived and I started to think "maaaayyyybe there's a chance". Two hours later and she shows up   cry1.gif  , just late enough for me to start to get my hopes up. This was our 12th month of ttc and I think that milestone made me even more upset at AF's arrival. And to top it off, DP has been a total a$$. When I was crying at AF's arrival, I expected DP to give me cuddles and offer me sympathy. Instead he was angry at me for getting emotional! He said I need to learn to control my emotions more and that I shouldn't get my hopes up so much each time, it will happen when it happens. It was the last thing I needed to hear from him when I was so upset and I still haven't forgiven him now.

ANyway, onwards and upwards. Unbelievably, I forgot to take the clomid on CD2, so I have started on CD3. Even though my FS said to take it CD2-6, I know plenty of people start from CD3, so I'm not too worried at starting a bit later than the doc said. I've set myself a reminder on my phone so I don't forget it again.

Now I just have to forgive DP before "sexy week" starts  laughing2.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

WIN an exclusive performance from Sam Moran!

To celebrate the release of children?s musical series Play Along with Sam, out now on DVD, we?re giving one lucky parent the chance to have Sam perform at their child?s pre-school or day care!

Toddler freed after getting trapped in escalator

A shopping centre escalator needed to be pulled apart to free a toddler's trapped hand.

Why I'm kind of excited about my daughter's nits

Is it weird to say that I am secretly thrilled to find that my daughter Edie has nits?

Baby born at 10:11 on 12-13-14

Well, it's actually 13-12-14 to us over here. But still, Clare Elizabeth Keane's consecutive numerical birth time is pretty special.

On holding tightly and loving fiercely

We can't live in fear. This post is about Christmas and how at this time we should be celebrating life and grateful for what we have: our loved ones who we cherish fiercely.

Babies, relatives and coping with Christmas day

Everyone will love your baby but your baby may not be so happy to be passed around a lot of new people - nor may you want to feed with an audience.

Why I won't be posting pictures of my baby on Facebook

There are pros and cons to this policy.

The myths and truths of gender swaying

Here are a few popular methods hopeful parents-to-be use to try to get a baby of their preferred gender – and what an expert says about whether they really work.

10 easy DIY Christmas decoration ideas

It's officially time to get into the Christmas spirit. Why not branch out when you put up your tree this year and add a personal touch with a few DIY decorations? We've found the perfect easy-to-make ways to put more festive fever into your home.

The dangerous new trend of glucose challenge test refusal

A dangerous trend is seeing more mothers-to-be declining a relatively simple and painless test to check for gestational diabetes.

Office of Fair Trading reveals naughty toys ahead of Christmas

The Office of Fair Trading has pulled seven toys from shelves ahead of Christmas after they fail safety tests.

Video: Baby boy's trouble with twins

These twin girls will no doubt have fun fooling people in years to come, but nobody will be as confused as baby Landon.

Long-term reversible male contraceptive on its way

Men could soon have access to an injectable long-term contraceptive which works in a similar way to a vasectomy but promises to be easily reversed.

'I tried to kill my baby': one mum's story

After bathing and dressing her three-month-old son, Amanda had a rare moment alone with her baby.

Attack of the 'mummy brain'

I feel that almost every day, someone in my life - be they a friend, family member or complete stranger - feels the need to excuse my behaviour as I have other things on my mind.

Mum of baby who fell ill after drinking raw milk speaks out

A Melbourne mother has described how her son turned grey when he became seriously ill after drinking raw milk.

Australian divorce rate lowest since 1976

Modern newlyweds are now well into their 30s and marriage still offers something powerful a new book argues.

The aftermath of a traumatic birth experience

In Australia, 30 per cent of women find their birth experience traumatic, with 6 per cent going on to develop post traumatic stress disorder (PTSD).

Young mum burns 'from inside-out'

A young mum is in intensive care after she took a friend's antibiotic and wound up with an ailment that is burning her body 'from the inside-out'.

The disagreement that can break a relationship

If he doesn't change his mind, all I can hope is that I will. It would be a waste to spend the rest of my marriage mourning a baby that never was.

Download now: Essential Kids Activity Finder app

Got bored kids? Quickly find the best activities for kids wherever you are in Australia with the Essential Kids app.

Advertisement

Advertisement

What's hot on EB

Co-sleeping or no-sleeping? Mum videos worst nap ever

One mother's futile attempt to sleep in caught on camera in a hilarious - and very cute - video.

Why children misbehave during the festive season

While we all like to imagine the holiday season as being a fun, loving and bonding experience; often our reality is quiet different.

I was fat-shamed by my doctor

The fear of being weighed is the most significant factor in women cancelling medical appointments - and now weight-shaming has happened to me.

End of an era: no more childcare

As we reach the end of 2014, we're closing the book on many things for another year, most notably childcare. Our last child has attended childcare for the very last time.

WIN an exclusive performance from Sam Moran!

To celebrate the release of children?s musical series Play Along with Sam, out now on DVD, we?re giving one lucky parent the chance to have Sam perform at their child?s pre-school or day care!

The 7-year itch is more like the 10-year itch: study

Contrary to popular belief, making it past the seven-year mark doesn't mean your marriage will be smooth sailing from there on.

Should children be forced to sit on Santa's lap?

We teach kids it’s okay to say no if they don’t feel safe, so why do some parents force their children to climb in to Santa's lap?

Stop telling us that parenting gets harder

I’m sure that parenting will get harder. But life isn’t exactly smooth sailing for many of us right now, either.

Baby born weighing almost 14 pounds

Yes, the bouncing baby girl was born by caesarean section. And mum says no more kids.

The dummy debate

I'm the first to admit that when I used to see tiny babies with dummies in their mouths, I thought "Hmm, lazy parenting." And now I apologise.

'I thought I was an only child'

Imagine meeting your double at a school sports event, or regularly being mistaken for someone you haven't met. Separated twins Margaret and Joy tell their story.

Carers admit to force-feeding children

As Sydney grieves the loss of Sydney siege victims Katrina Dawson and Tori Johnson, reports have suggested that both died as heroes.

How many weeks til Christmas?

On your To-Do list

Get the "Santa" shopping done without the kids in tow.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.