Due in Feb, 2013 Chat Thread #2

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
124 replies to this topic

#51 babyinabackpack

Posted 24 June 2012 - 10:54 PM

Megpie and Glamour - so sorry to hear about your losses.. Take care of yourselves.

Hi to all the newbies!!

AFM, Hello MS.. How long are you intending on staying for? Please don't extend your stay for me... I'm more than happy for you to leave as soon as your job here is done...

#52 TheFirstNoel

Posted 25 June 2012 - 08:07 AM

So sorry Megpie & Glamour.  Take care of yourselves.

Welcome nurserobin, It'satadpole & babycat.  Hoping you all have a smooth 8 months!

QUOTE (whale-woman @ 24/06/2012, 04:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Does anyone have a feeling about bubs gender? I'm convinced (for no good reason) this one is a   bbluestork.gif Last time I was convinced  ppinkstork.gif  and was right with DD. I was hoping for another DD so I'm trying to mentally adjust the family picture I had been forming..... I've even done a couple of those gender prediction things to try to get another result but they all too say bbluestork.gif LOL oh well....

I've been having a boy feeling too.  Not to be too TMI - but there's certain feelings that extra testosterone brings on, which have only happened when pg with my sons...  Although I'm not convinced yet!

Nothing to report here, nausea (no vomitting though!), tiredness, stacking on the weight  glare.gif since eating helps the nausea...  GP sent off all my referrals last week so fingers crossed I get a call from my dear midwife (who looked after us with DS2) sometime soon!

#53 Babushka Doll

Posted 25 June 2012 - 08:08 AM

BTD:  My OB is Ian Hill - thankfully he made it to both my births, he spent 2 hrs with me first birth and came back twice for second birth (just in time to catch DS!).    I considered going public this time too because of $$ but in the end we decided we would go back as I had GDM with my previous pregnancy and will probably have it again.   Also we are out of area for RPA, so I would have to go to St George hospital which i have been LESS than impressed with in the past for other things.

Babycat: At the moment we have the SnS Platinum AHR + the SnS Hi Liner - there is only about a 20cm gap between them!    

AFM - Had my scan on Friday - My date were 7 weeks exactly but apparently due date has changed to 1 day out!    Bub looked perfect, wtih a HB of 162bpm (so Im thinking another DD for me)!    The heartbeat theory was true for us.

Have had horrible nausea,  spent most of yesterday lazing around feeling sorry for myself.   Hoping it will pass at around 14 weeks.

#54 It'satadpole

Posted 25 June 2012 - 10:44 AM

Ooops. I meant to say my SIL fits 3 in an Astra, not a Barina!

#55 Babushka Doll

Posted 25 June 2012 - 11:53 AM

Oh Lord.  I am sitting at my desk shivering & sniffing a piece of Mandarin peel (it gives me a few seconds relief from this nausea).   Its crippling today.

I don't want to go home otherwise I will have to come clean and tell my boss, which I don't want to just yet   unsure.gif

Anyone else feeling extremely awful today?

Last night I made up some white rice and mixed some greek natural yoghurt through when it was cool, that helped a little.   Might *try* and get to Coles at lunchtime, I htink they sell ready made rice in a packet, see how that goes.

Ahhh the joys.    Wish I was in my bed.

Any other miracle cures you can add ladies?   I am one desperate Mummy XX

#56 mumatelle

Posted 25 June 2012 - 01:38 PM

have just had a quick scroll through the posts.. im so sorry for the losses big hugs to you all... going ok here though im also in the ms crew! omg it is horrible.. i had it really bad with ds this preg it hasnt been as bad as it was with him, except for today.. everything is making me want to sick.gif urgh.. ive had really bad stomach cramps as well.. i kind of remember this with ds but last night it kept me awake for a good part of the night... anyone else had those?? preg brain has also been really bad lol.. im doing the dumbest things, dh and my work colleagues just keep looking at me shaking their heads haha least i can blame the pregnancy to dh, i think work just think ive lost the plot... hope you're having a happy mon original.gif
also wanted to say that it was amazing seeing the photo from the dating scan that previous poster popped up! ive never had a scan before 12 weeks so to see how tiny our bubs are is pretty amazing..thanks for sharing!!

#57 kimliz

Posted 25 June 2012 - 02:05 PM

To the Ladies who have experienced losses recently I am so sorry and can totally empathize with you. Take it easy, hope you all have plenty of supportive people there for you.

Mumatelle- I have had pretty horrible nausea, and stomach pains too ( like when you have a gastro bug or something) also get crampy before a BM. I have had all this plus 2 bad head colds and a flu type thing, complete with aches and pains. I cannot wait till the 2nd trimester!!!

Babushka doll - I was pretty much crippled with nausea over the weekend, but today I am determined not to let it get the better of me. I feel so guilty for not being there for my kids and husband the last few weeks. I am just not coping at all, the house is a mess, I am not cooking, I go to bed before the kids most nights just to turn off the nausea. I have promised DH I will go back to being a good wife as soon as I feel better. Can't wait to feel better!!!!

As horrible as it is being this sick, I know without it I would be in a state of constant panic. I must embrace it and take it as a positive sign.

Take care everyone

#58 mumofe

Posted 25 June 2012 - 02:27 PM

Hello all

Sorry I posted my initial message and then haven't been on since (busy weekend)..... well confusing news for me today, went to Ob for scan as I am not sure of my dates and he couldnt see any sac, plus my hcg on Friday was only 215! so now I am freaking out!! either I am less pregnant than I had guessed and tested on the first possible day, or I am going to have a m/c....... sad.gif have had another blood test today which I will find out about tomorrow, hopefully the numbers have risen significantly since Friday....... oh dear.....

Also, I am sure I have been feeling a touch of m/s and definately light headed at times, hopefully I am not just imagining it and it is not to be.....

Edited by mumofe, 25 June 2012 - 02:29 PM.

#59 whale-woman

Posted 25 June 2012 - 03:18 PM

Mumofe- fingers crossed you got the dates wrong.

Babushka - I hear where you are coming from. I'm really not fit to work when pg, it's either crying/distracted by the need to puke and then in the later stages of pg complete gestational dementia.
I feel sorry for everyone around me... Oh well the bills need to get paid....

Kimliz - I hear you on the flu like feeling - I even get the runny nose.

AFM- DD had her swimming lesson and has since gone off for a 3 hour nap and counting..... Bliss!!!! I've worked out if I do practically nothing (loll about and nap a lot) I actually feel pretty ok. The test will be tomorrow as I'm back to work... Urrrgghhhh!

Edited by whale-woman, 25 June 2012 - 03:50 PM.

#60 Becstarinator

Posted 25 June 2012 - 08:28 PM

Hi All,

So I had my scan today and it was a bit disappointing.  There was only a gestational sac, no heartbeat, no fetal pole.  On the upside the sac is measuring correct - 6 weeks, 2 days.  

The technician said it happens and all looks ok.  She said it could be that my uterus is slightly tilted making it harder to see the baby or that the baby is just taking it's time getting started.

I truly hope that's all it is, after two plus years of trying this is a dearly wanted and loved baby.

Also on a positive is that I still feel green, have very sore boobs and I'm exhausted. I'm taking these as a good sign.

Anyway, I go back to the GP on Wednesday to get the official results and find out where we go from here.

My deepest sorrow to the ladies that are out this month and wish you well in TTC in the near future.

Welcome to the new comers, it is great to have more ladies to talk with.

whale-woman - I have a feeling that we have a girl this time but who knows.  With my last pregnancy I swung wildly from thinking it was one then the other and ended up with a boy.

#61 ok~computer

Posted 26 June 2012 - 12:17 AM

Hi girls original.gif

Popping my head back in here, all is going well...though it still hasn't sunk in yet, I don't think it will until I see that flickering little heartbeat. I think I'll go see my gp in a couple of weeks and ask for a dating scan and a referral to my chosen hospital.

Becstar: It's still early, same thing happened with my dd...I went back a week later and there was her little flickering heartbeat. This is why I want to wait until after 7 weeks because I know it's disappointing and stressful seeing no heartbeat...but stay positive, there's every chance it just couldn't be picked up yet.

Mumofe: Hoping your levels rise and it was just too early to see anything.

Mumatelle: I'm getting bad cramps too, though the last few days they have eased off a little.

Gender: I'm thinking this one might be another girl...no reason, just intuition. I have some girls named picked out already but am having trouble finding any boys names I love...lucky we have a long time to decide  tongue.gif

Car seats: I have a ford focus...looking at the tiny gap between both seats, we've decided to upgrade to a Territory, it's squishy enough as it is and with the third seat there will be no room for the dog!

I have never really gotten bad morning sickness, I feel a little "blah" at times when I'm preparing food but that it all...I am feeling exhausted though. Almost everyday at 2pm, I've been having a nap with my daughter   yyawn.gif

I'm watching "Cake Boss" on Foxtel...oh my gosh, I need cake...nowww!!! Tounge1.gif

Thoughts are going out to everyone who has experienced a loss this month, hope to see you all following closely behind soon  hhugs.gif

#62 Ringarosy

Posted 26 June 2012 - 10:46 AM

Hi all, and congratulations!!!!Wow it's so nice to hear all your stories.

I have tried to keep up with everyone and am home from work today with terrible nausea so thought, why not post!!
This is my husband (28) and my(25) first pregnancy so joining this group is so nice to hear where everyone is at and advice.From myrecords I am due around the 17th of Feb and am off to the doctor on Thursday.
Nausea, fatigue, gas, off my food are all my main symptoms...... I can't wait for the nausea to go. It's taking the joy out of pregnancy.
I feel bad not wanting to eat as I know I need the nutrients but any advice of something that is bearable to eat that healthy??
I am from Melbourne and am starting to look for Obs and private hospitals.
Thanks for listening... I hope this makes sense
L x

#63 maybeonemore

Posted 27 June 2012 - 09:01 AM

Hi girls

Just wanted to pop in quickly got my hcg levels today and are all good and doubling.

Friday was 117
Monday was 395

42 hours doubling time praying that things will be ok this time around.

Going to book in for dating scan and OB today. Still doesnt seem real yet until i see that babies heartbeat!

#64 ~Bells~

Posted 28 June 2012 - 11:04 AM

clm1982, so excited to see you joining us. Just loving how many ladies are coming over from the TTC threads! Congrats!

I've been a bit MIA from EB this last week, DH and I spent the weekend in Melbourne shopping and eating and just not beign at home, which was lovely.

In the meantime, my boobs have already exploded ohmy.gif and I've already had to purchase a maternity bra to get comfortable. Is any one else in this boat yet? I'm normally a 10D and I've reached a 10E at 6 weeks - I'm very concerned that I will have further growth explosions as they are already weighing me down and giving me back issues wacko.gif .

Apart from that, and being quite tired I'm feeling great. Feel a bit sick whenever hunger sets in, but some rice crackers (salty mmm) in the handbag solves that quite nicely!

Hope everyone's bubs are growing nicely and you are all well!

#65 whale-woman

Posted 28 June 2012 - 01:42 PM

Bells - my boobs set land speed records last time and went up 2 sizes in the 1 st couple of months. It Hurt! But they didn't grow at all after that. I hope yours will slow down, maybe even they're done their thing now. Fingers crossed for you.
I've gone up a size too already but as I'm normally an A, the move A to B isn't a big deal. I hate the move to C as that hurts and none of my tops fit at that point. I realize I have nothing to complain of compared to those in the E - H range. I can't imagine how difficult that is.

Clm - great news!

Lozypops - I hope the ms improves. I drink either peppermint or ginger/lemon tea constantly which helps. I'm also finding if I'm able to rest it's not as bad.

AFM DD threw up at CC yesterday but was perfectly fine when I got her home. So I need a drs cert for her to go back tomorrow. I just spend 90 min at the gp, trying not to threw up from ms before giving up and leaving as there were 17 ppl still in front of me in the que. they won't call me or even let me call them to find out where we are on the waiting list.... DD is having her nap and we'll go back afterwards and see if we've missed our spot and have to start again. It's all madness! DD was up for breaky at 4 am and I'm wiped out and need a nap.... Plus she's probably now picked up a bug from the gps and will come down sick in a few days.... I'm tempted to declare a gp cert is too difficult to get in a day ATM and not go to work tomorrow......

Edited by whale-woman, 28 June 2012 - 02:40 PM.

#66 ~Bells~

Posted 28 June 2012 - 04:51 PM

QUOTE (whale-woman @ 28/06/2012, 01:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Bells - my boobs set land speed records last time and went up 2 sizes in the 1 st couple of months. It Hurt! But they didn't grow at all after that. I hope yours will slow down, maybe even they're done their thing now. Fingers crossed for you.
I've gone up a size too already but as I'm normally an A, the move A to B isn't a big deal. I hate the move to C as that hurts and none of my tops fit at that point. I realize I have nothing to complain of compared to those in the E - H range. I can't imagine how difficult that is.

Clm - great news!

Lozypops - I hope the ms improves. I drink either peppermint or ginger/lemon tea constantly which helps. I'm also finding if I'm able to rest it's not as bad.

AFM DD threw up at CC yesterday but was perfectly fine when I got her home. So I need a drs cert for her to go back tomorrow. I just spend 90 min at the gp, trying not to threw up from ms before giving up and leaving as there were 17 ppl still in front of me in the que. they won't call me or even let me call them to find out where we are on the waiting list.... DD is having her nap and we'll go back afterwards and see if we've missed our spot and have to start again. It's all madness! DD was up for breaky at 4 am and I'm wiped out and need a nap.... Plus she's probably now picked up a bug from the gps and will come down sick in a few days.... I'm tempted to declare a gp cert is too difficult to get in a day ATM and not go to work tomorrow......

whale-woman - Thanks for the positive info! I'll keep my FX that my explosion is over, though I expect I'll probably expand a little further before it's over blink.gif

Sounds like terrible organisation at your Dr surgery. Hope you and your DD feel better and more rested this afternoon! Does your CC/work place accept statutory declaration in place of a med cert? Worth asking the question if it means you don't have to wait hours at the GP with a sick little one.

#67 Becstarinator

Posted 28 June 2012 - 04:57 PM

Yay...my levels have risen to 35,000 which is in the normal range for 6 to 7 weeks.  So despite not seeing much on the scan things are looking good.

I saw a different GP to the one I normally see and he gave me a referral for a place that is suppose to have the best machines in Geelong so hopefully on the 11th when we go for the scan we will see a healthy little bub.

I'll be 8 and a half nearly 9 weeks then.

I'm just so relieved that the numbers are going the right way.  I know it is not fool proof but it is a good sign original.gif

#68 Girlintheredshoes

Posted 28 June 2012 - 06:20 PM

Becatarinator- great news about your hcg levels!

Bells- I'm wearing the aah bra and it's been great for support.

Me - glad to be on holidays- ms every morning and from 2pm in the afternoon. We've told all the relis now and they are so happy. We told Nana at her 79th birthday yesterday-she cried  wub.gif

#69 Joan10

Posted 28 June 2012 - 09:41 PM

Hi everyone, sorry if this one will be just about me, but I've been avoiding the forum all day.
Was rushed to hospital last night and after many tears, it looks like this particular journey is over for my family.
I don't want to re-write the details as I wrote it on the "spotting and cramping" thread but I just wanted to take this opportunity to say thank you for sharing your journey with me and letting me share mine with you too. You are all so supportive and I wish you all nothing but the best for the upcoming months!!
Blessings,Joan.

Edited by Joan10, 28 June 2012 - 09:42 PM.

#70 ~Bells~

Posted 29 June 2012 - 06:13 AM

QUOTE (Stanzy @ 28/06/2012, 06:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Becatarinator- great news about your hcg levels!

Bells- I'm wearing the aah bra and it's been great for support.

Me - glad to be on holidays- ms every morning and from 2pm in the afternoon. We've told all the relis now and they are so happy. We told Nana at her 79th birthday yesterday-she cried  wub.gif

Stanzy - I love the aah bra/venus bra etc! As I'm large breasted normally, and have been afraid of the inevitable breast sag, I've been wearing crop tops and more recently the aah bra versions to bed since I was 16, and always buy good quality, well fitted bras. I got fitted for my first maternity bra this week, and was horrified to reach an E cup so soon - and that the only bra in my size has a distinct granny-ish quality to it wacko.gif .

So sweet that your Nana cried about your news! It's lovely to share news that will make people happy.

QUOTE (Joan10 @ 28/06/2012, 09:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi everyone, sorry if this one will be just about me, but I've been avoiding the forum all day.
Was rushed to hospital last night and after many tears, it looks like this particular journey is over for my family.
I don't want to re-write the details as I wrote it on the "spotting and cramping" thread but I just wanted to take this opportunity to say thank you for sharing your journey with me and letting me share mine with you too. You are all so supportive and I wish you all nothing but the best for the upcoming months!!
Blessings,Joan.

Oh Joan10, I'm so sorry to hear your journey is over for this time. Hope you are able to take it easy and rest while you process your sad news.

AFM: Spent the entire night in the emergency room with DH. He's been vomiting non stop, and has severe abdominal pains. Took forever for the dr to see him, gave him some drugs, and sent him home to continue feeling like crap.

Poor DH, I feel for him, he never gets sick (or wont admit to being sick) so I know just how bad he feels that he let me take him to the ER! Just waiting up to call into work sick for him, before crashing for the day myself.

#71 Girlintheredshoes

Posted 29 June 2012 - 12:02 PM

Joan10- big hugs to you

Bells - I hope ur DH is feeling better

Me- received all my blood test results today and all good. I had the flu shot too- ouch!

Anyone else getting the flu shot?

#72 babyinabackpack

Posted 29 June 2012 - 02:12 PM

Sorry to hear that Joan, you certainly haven't had an easy journey so far.
Please take care of yourself and I look forward to seeing you back in a different DIG soon!

#73 Babushka Doll

Posted 30 June 2012 - 07:40 AM

So sorry Joan - have been stalking to see how you went.   Take it easy and take some time out for yourself to recover emotionally   sad.gif

Hope to see you pop up in another DIG very very soon  XXX

Has anyone heard from JacksonOne?

#74 nurserobin

Posted 30 June 2012 - 10:00 AM

Hi ladies, I've been laying low since introducing myself I have very bad all day sickness started at 5 weeks and it's not letting up.
Clm1982- very happy to read your levels are going well.
Sorry for lack of pm, I am going to try catch up with our growing group soon.
I have my 12 w scan booked for the 13th August and my OB appt 28th! We have told our families and close friends, plus I told work as I can't take chemo and radio patients anymore.

Take care,

From nurserobin

#75 Sunshiney

Posted 30 June 2012 - 01:20 PM

So sorry to hear your news Glamour and Joan.  Sending all my love & hugs your way, and FX that you'll be back in another DIG soon.  xxxx

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

'My parenting style is Survivalist'

A helicopter or tiger mum, I am not.

8 mums reveal their favourite nappy bags

We asked a bunch of mums which nappy bags they love the most.

Why you shouldn't bother throwing a big first birthday party

If you're feeling the pressure to host an all-out, over-the-top shindig for your baby's birthday, I hereby grant you permission to throw the rules out the window.

The 24 baby names on the verge of extinction this year

If you're on the hunt for the perfect baby name and don't want a chart-topper like Oliver or Olivia, then do we have the list for you.

'My mum doesn't seem that interested in my baby'

Q: My mother and I have always been close, but now that I have a baby, she has not helped out as much as I thought she would.

New guidelines: "Bottle-feeding mums need support too"

Breast is best, but mums who can't, or choose not to breastfeed need support too.

Dads also struggle to 'have it all', study finds

Men and women both experience work-family conflict.

Language development may start in the womb

Study found babies can recognise foreign languages before birth.

Meet the baby born from an embryo frozen for 24 years

Experts say little Emma is a record breaking baby.

Advertisement

Top 5 Articles

Advertisement

From our network

Five things you need to know about flu and pregnancy

As the 2017 flu season begins in earnest, here?s what you need to know to protect yourself and baby.

Mum tips to keep your pre-baby budget in check

Money might be funny in a rich man's world (or so ABBA told us), but for the rest of us it's a major consideration – particularly before having a baby.

5 easy ways to make your maternity leave last longer

Maternity leave is a special time for you, your partner and your new little bundle. The last thing you want is for financial worries to stand in the way of that joy.

10 ways to keep your 'buying for baby' costs down

Becoming a parent is full of surprises – not least of all finding out that, for such small beings, babies cause a lot of chaos and expense.

5 ways to prepare to go from two incomes to one

Here are some ideas for getting that budget in shape, ready for being a one income family.

Baby Names

Need some ideas?

See what names are trending this year.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.