Due in Feb, 2013 Chat Thread #2

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
124 replies to this topic

#26 Just green apples

Posted 21 June 2012 - 06:56 PM

Congratulations to all the recent BFPs!

Had my scan today and we saw the heartbeat  happy.gif We've now got a photo on the fridge, bless ...  Everything's looking good and I'm 7 weeks today.

So far we've told close family members and I've told a couple of my really good girlfriends. We're going out tomorrow night to a friend's birthday and ALL our friends are going to be there. Not sure how the 'I'm not drinking 'cause I'm the designated driver' line is going to fly ... Better practise my best poker face in front of the mirror  rolleyes.gif

#27 btd

Posted 21 June 2012 - 09:34 PM

Welcome to the newbies and congratulations!  It's great to be hearing stories of scans and heart beats!!  

I have my first scan tomorrow...

Beatka - go the poker face!! It's hard to pull off especially if you are normally the wild one wink.gif I had a whole weekend away with friends the other week and managed to pull it off !

Biabp hope the new doc has a better bed side manner!

Sleepy by time goodnight all

Eta babushka doll - I'm putting my hand up! Ive had my 2 at RPA and booked in around 4 weeks for number 3 but this time am going public and trying out the birthing suites instead. Who's your ob? I adored mine to but he didn't make it in time for number 2 so thought I paid to do it on my own last time this time I won't pay biggrin.gif

Edited by btd, 21 June 2012 - 09:39 PM.

#28 donnalouise82

Posted 21 June 2012 - 09:37 PM

Hi everyone! Just pregnant with #2, due 22nd Feb by my calculations. Doc appt tomorrow! Looking forward to meting everyone! biggrin.gif

#29 Girlintheredshoes

Posted 22 June 2012 - 07:31 AM

btd- enjoy your scan today original.gif

welcome to everyone who've just joined

Donnalouise- good luck at drs today!

i'm really sore out front! i am getting waves of ms and all i want is fresh fruit! Ms definitely not as bad as last time though!

Anyone else booked in for their NT scan at 12 weeks? Im having mine on the 27th July. I didn't have one with my first so i'm very excited about this scan.

#30 Joan10

Posted 22 June 2012 - 10:11 AM

Hello everyone!

I have just been lurking around and reading up on all the posts for the last few days, and finally did the Questionaire yesterday.

I've been holding off on posting because I'm only getting my second HCG blood test results this afternoon, and I didn't want to bear bad news. However.. I figure I have to just think positive and believe in the little bean inside of me that is holding on and growing every day!

Also - this seems like a really supportive group, and me being the stresshead that I am (I like to assume the worst so I'm not too disappointed when it happens hehe) I believe this group will continue to keep me positive and focus on the good things!

Apologies that this is all about me, I will dedicate time tonight to read each page and respond

AFM

Got my BFP 13/06 at roughly 13DPO.

Got my first hcg blood test drawn this week on Monday and it was 101. Seems a bit low, but my doc said it was normal and anything over 20 is positive, so thsts good.

I got my second one drawn yesterday and I'll be getting the results tonight. I'm  so scared. Please let them have doubled!

#31 M!ssy

Posted 22 June 2012 - 10:45 AM

QUOTE (Faith86 @ 21/06/2012, 02:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
P.s. anyone from the Newcastle, maitland or lake Macquarie area??
I need some advice on a good GP the doc I went to for first scan was very rude not once said congratulations n definitely didn't settle my worried mind!!

Hi Faith86
Congratulations on your BFP!
I'm from Newcastle, the Dr I normally see is Lisa Collins at the Newcastle Family Practice on hunter st. She is wonderful. When I went in to confirm with bloods she wasn't available so I saw one of the other female Dr ans she was equally as lovely.

I haven't had a scan yet, but my OB has a machine in her office so will get it done at my appointment next week.

Hope you find someone nice original.gif

#32 Faith86

Posted 22 June 2012 - 11:56 AM

QUOTE (M!ssy @ 22/06/2012, 10:45 AM)
14683807[/url]']
Hi Faith86
Congratulations on your BFP!
I'm from Newcastle, the Dr I normally see is Lisa Collins at the Newcastle Family Practice on hunter st. She is wonderful. When I went in to confirm with bloods she wasn't available so I saw one of the other female Dr ans she was equally as lovely.

I haven't had a scan yet, but my OB has a machine in her office so will get it done at my appointment next week.

Hope you find someone nice original.gif

Thank you so much missy original.gif
I'm Going to get my scan done on Wednesday original.gif so then go back to Dr to get blood results etc and when I have that positive news I will try and get into the Newcastle family practice original.gif  for next appt!
When do I need to find an OB??? Will my doctor suggest one or do we find them by ourselves... Sorry this is all very new for me.
Thanks again

#33 btd

Posted 22 June 2012 - 12:09 PM

Scan went well measuring 7wk4days - 1 day ahead of my timing original.gif

hheart.gif I think was 155bmp

Now to get our heads around a number 3... A lot of changes

#34 maybeonemore

Posted 22 June 2012 - 12:17 PM

Hi Ladies

I guess i now belong in here too. Got a 1-2 week pregnant result on digital yesterday after having a bit of pink tinged discharge a few days before it seems to have stopped now *touch wood* im very scared as i only had a miscarraige 3 months ago. This is baby #2 my DD will be 3 in August and ill be 30 in a few weeks. I believe im due 28th Feb. Look forward to getting to know all of you.

#35 Nowfor4

Posted 22 June 2012 - 01:59 PM

Welcome to all the newbies!

Clm1982, congrats on your bfp, we were in the last dig group together but we both had a mc, so sticky vibes for both of us!!

Just quickly as I need to pack, we are driving to Qld tomorrow and I have been so sick I haven't been able to do a thing.

Had my scan today, I was so busy making sure there was only 1 I forgot to ask th hear rate. But a very strong heart beat and all looks good, right for dates, 6wks 4 days, so now just waiting for my ob appt in July.

Hope everyone is well!

#36 M!ssy

Posted 22 June 2012 - 03:57 PM

QUOTE (Faith86 @ 22/06/2012, 11:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thank you so much missy original.gif
I'm Going to get my scan done on Wednesday original.gif so then go back to Dr to get blood results etc and when I have that positive news I will try and get into the Newcastle family practice original.gif  for next appt!
When do I need to find an OB??? Will my doctor suggest one or do we find them by ourselves... Sorry this is all very new for me.
Thanks again

No problem Faith,

The Dr gave me a list of OBs to call and book with. You will need to get in quick with the Newcastle OBs they book out quickly. I've gone with Jillian Spilsbury, who has offices at Newcastle Private Hospital.
I'm booked for my first appointment next week.

I think I still have the list of names, if you like I could PM you it.

#37 am_I_ebaholic?

Posted 22 June 2012 - 05:12 PM

Just realised ive posted in the wrong group .......... damn pregnancy brain lmao

Edited by am_I_ebaholic?, 22 June 2012 - 06:31 PM.

#38 babyinabackpack

Posted 22 June 2012 - 05:44 PM

QUOTE (Bubble11 @ 22/06/2012, 12:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Had a scan on Wednesday.  Measured 6 weeks, at 5+5, so 2 days ahead biggrin.gif and hheart.gif 135 bpm.  So glad teeny had a heart beat.  I know there isn't always one at this stage and it doesn't mean anything, but I was worried if it didn't happen then I'd be stressing about it.  Can tell myself the logic of it, but not really comforting.  No sign of ectopic (US lady said very, very rare to have a viable embryo in the uterus and ectopic) or kidney problems, so looks like my lots & lots of really bad abdominal pain is just my irritable bowel. Which is a total relief, can breath easy again.  

Hi to all the new commers and congrats on the BFPs eexcite.gif .

I had my scan today at what should be 5w6d and saw the sac! yay! But no heartbeat.. So Bubble i'm totally jealous of you, and totally overanalysing everything!! lol..
The doctor said that she though the sac was only about 3 weeks gestation but that's absolutely impossible because we didn't have sex around then, and that would mean i got my first BFP at 4DPO?!? Either way it doesn't matter because there is a very clear sac where there was absolutely nothing last week (and through an external US too!) so pretty exciting..
This doctor was much nicer aswell, but unfortunately doesn't deliver, so we are back to square one with regards to that.

Glad to hear everyone else is getting good results from their scans too!

Am_I_ebaholic - wow you have had a nuchal already? How far along are you? I thought you couldn't have one until you were 12weeks?!? I don't really understand the results but hope they are good news.

#39 Megpie

Posted 23 June 2012 - 10:17 AM

The Megpie is Out - miscarried 21/6 -at 8 weeks. Devastated, BUT at least we know we can get pregnant, as we were trying for over 12 months. We have learned alot and can't wait to get back to it (after a little rest for my body) Thank you for this thread - LOVELY group of people. I will be back & good luck to all the Feb 2013 bubs. Love Megpie XX

#40 M!ssy

Posted 23 June 2012 - 10:37 AM

So sorry Megpie  bbighug.gif

#41 LittleJacksonOne

Posted 23 June 2012 - 12:09 PM

btd and Bubble- Glad the scans went well and yay to being ahead! hehe
Joan- Stress away, most of us are still stressed too so we can all be stressed too hehe. Keep thinking positive, its great for your body.
clm and ~Bells~ so glad you are both joining us! Hoping for sticky bubs all around!
BIABP- my doc warned me that a sonographer could see nothing and yet another more experianced one will see heaps and a heart beat, so dont stress maybe you had someone not as good, go back in a week or two and maybe you'll see more original.gif
So sorry Megpie! thinking of you xx

To those who's dating scans gave them different dates- if you are choosing to change your EDD please PM me otherwise I'll asume your sticking with your original date.

AFM
- have not been well, looks like im in the minority that gets diahorrea instead of vommitting :S not sure if im happy about that or not. If i get every 30-45 mins I feel better original.gif

Edited by LittleJacksonOne, 23 June 2012 - 01:16 PM.

#42 Sunshiney

Posted 23 June 2012 - 12:47 PM

So sorry for your loss Megpie.   hheart.gif  bbighug.gif

Hello to everyone else.  Loving reading all your stories, but no personals today 'cos my head is muddled after a weeks worth of posts to catch up on.

#43 Kura

Posted 23 June 2012 - 12:53 PM

Hi All *waves*
my friend just told me about this site... so here I am this is my first bub and i only just found out I'm pregnant.. due EDD 15th Feb 2013. excited scared but looking forward to the journey.

So not sure I'm even replying to the right thread... fingers crossed I got this right... original.gif

Kura

#44 Faith86

Posted 24 June 2012 - 07:23 AM

QUOTE (M!ssy @ 22/06/2012, 03:57 PM)
14684753[/url]']
No problem Faith,

The Dr gave me a list of OBs to call and book with. You will need to get in quick with the Newcastle OBs they book out quickly. I've gone with Jillian Spilsbury, who has offices at Newcastle Private Hospital.
I'm booked for my first appointment next week.

I think I still have the list of names, if you like I could PM you it.

Missy: Great thanks again for the info. Will chat to Dr Wednesday and hopefully she will be more helpful then last Dr. If not I will grab that list thank you original.gif xx

#45 DanielleSupa

Posted 24 June 2012 - 02:34 PM

Sad news...I'm out also at 5 weeks. Miscarried through the night last night after a week or erratic hcg levels. This was my first pregnancy, and my DH is away for work at the moment, so it's been especially hard. But i am feeling really positive about TTC straight away and hopefully getting that little bundle of joy soon.

Hope i get to join a new DIG in the coming weeks, and i wish each and every one of you a safe and uneventful pregnancies.

love to you all x

#46 Girlintheredshoes

Posted 24 June 2012 - 03:16 PM

Big hugs to megpie and glamour. So sorry for your loss

#47 whale-woman

Posted 24 June 2012 - 04:52 PM

Sorry to hear of your losses Megpie and glamour - be kind to yourselves.

Welcome all the newbies.
LittleJacksonOne - the runs sounds miserable.

AFM feeling truly terrible last week - like I had the flu with nausea thrown in and I managed my first vomit of the pg. DP has been great this weekend and has let me loll about so now I feeling ok. I had MS for 6 months last time.... I just hope things don't last that long this time.
Does anyone have a feeling about bubs gender? I'm convinced (for no good reason) this one is a   bbluestork.gif Last time I was convinced  ppinkstork.gif  and was right with DD. I was hoping for another DD so I'm trying to mentally adjust the family picture I had been forming..... I've even done a couple of those gender prediction things to try to get another result but they all too say bbluestork.gif LOL oh well....

#48 nurserobin

Posted 24 June 2012 - 08:29 PM

Hello Ladies,

Wondering if I can join? I'm currently 5 weeks pg with our second child, I have a DD who will be 2 in August. I am super excited as it took us 9 cycles to fall pg to finally be feels very good. Saw my GP last week who has been doing my Hcg levels for the last week and they are looking good so thought I might join here now. EDD 24/02/2013. Very excited to be having a baby in 2013 as my Grandma was born in 1913 and is turning 100 next year!.

Looking forward to getting to know you all.

from nurserobin

#49 It'satadpole

Posted 24 June 2012 - 09:25 PM

Hello everyone I've been trying to get through all the pages already posted before I jumped in myself.

I have only POAS once so very restrained  biggrin.gif
The EB calculator says I am due on the 19th February but I imagine they will send me for a dating scan as I was not keeping great track of my period dates and *think* my last AF was on 15th May.

This will be #2 for us. DD will be 2yo in November. We were not so much TTC as just decided to let nature take its course and it happened 2 months later. DD took at least 6 months of very planned BDing so this took me by surprise.

I will be booking in for GP appointment this week so sticky thoughts for all of you as well.

I will be going back to the midwives at the Mercy in Melbourne - fabulous experience last time. It will be interesting to see if they let me VBAC too...

I will probably find it hard to post regularly as I work 3 days a week and my daughter rarely sleeps long during the day.

hitchicken - 3 seats in a car like should be possible. My SIL managed 3 in a Barina - you just have to know your dimensions well!

No MS for me at the moment - probably jinxed it now original.gif It was about 6 weeks last time when my taste went strange and MS followed soon after. Hang in there all of you feeling ill! Think of the greater cause.

#50 babycat

Posted 24 June 2012 - 10:49 PM

Hi everyone, hoping I can join you all here?

I'm 6 weeks pregnant with #3, a bit of a surprise as we weren't planning on trying for another for 6 months.  Been feeling ok, just tired and having dizzy spells but no ms.

First OB appt on the 6th July so not telling anyone till after I've had that scan.

Babushka doll - can I ask what car seats you have? I have a Forester as well and assume I'm going to need 3 new car seats as no way I can see another fitting between my current 2 (SnS Royale and Maxirider AHR)

Looking forward to sharing this journey with you all, and I apologise now if I don't keep up with you all.

ETA: sorry forgot to say my EDD is 17/02/13 at this stage.

Edited by babycat, 24 June 2012 - 10:50 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

'My parenting style is Survivalist'

A helicopter or tiger mum, I am not.

8 mums reveal their favourite nappy bags

We asked a bunch of mums which nappy bags they love the most.

Why you shouldn't bother throwing a big first birthday party

If you're feeling the pressure to host an all-out, over-the-top shindig for your baby's birthday, I hereby grant you permission to throw the rules out the window.

The 24 baby names on the verge of extinction this year

If you're on the hunt for the perfect baby name and don't want a chart-topper like Oliver or Olivia, then do we have the list for you.

'My mum doesn't seem that interested in my baby'

Q: My mother and I have always been close, but now that I have a baby, she has not helped out as much as I thought she would.

New guidelines: "Bottle-feeding mums need support too"

Breast is best, but mums who can't, or choose not to breastfeed need support too.

Dads also struggle to 'have it all', study finds

Men and women both experience work-family conflict.

Language development may start in the womb

Study found babies can recognise foreign languages before birth.

Meet the baby born from an embryo frozen for 24 years

Experts say little Emma is a record breaking baby.

Advertisement

Top 5 Articles

Advertisement

From our network

Five things you need to know about flu and pregnancy

As the 2017 flu season begins in earnest, here?s what you need to know to protect yourself and baby.

Mum tips to keep your pre-baby budget in check

Money might be funny in a rich man's world (or so ABBA told us), but for the rest of us it's a major consideration – particularly before having a baby.

5 easy ways to make your maternity leave last longer

Maternity leave is a special time for you, your partner and your new little bundle. The last thing you want is for financial worries to stand in the way of that joy.

10 ways to keep your 'buying for baby' costs down

Becoming a parent is full of surprises – not least of all finding out that, for such small beings, babies cause a lot of chaos and expense.

5 ways to prepare to go from two incomes to one

Here are some ideas for getting that budget in shape, ready for being a one income family.

Baby Names

Need some ideas?

See what names are trending this year.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.