Due in Feb, 2013 Chat Thread #2

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
124 replies to this topic

#101 Ringarosy

Posted 05 July 2012 - 11:55 AM

Congrats! SO happy to hear your news for no4. Hope you will breeze thought 1st trimester!

Lozypopz
QUOTE (SoonToB4 @ 02/07/2012, 06:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi all,Just found out on Sunday that we're expecting #4!! We suffered a MC in march so have been TTC since then aaand it's finally happened!! Anyway just thought I'd say a quick hi to everyone  eexcite.gif

#102 Ringarosy

Posted 05 July 2012 - 12:02 PM

LittleJacksonOne Happy to hear you are ok. wow, you poor thing. That would have been quite stressful to go through..but glad you are ok now
lozypopz

QUOTE (LittleJacksonOne @ 04/07/2012, 03:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Bubble11- hope things arent too hard for you and you can enjoy the night tonight!
Bells- Dont worry too much on the measuring behind thing, at my ultrasound last week bub was 5 days behind my EDD but this week it was 1 day behind original.gif

Sunshiney and Bells- thanks for your thoughts! have been laying low due to a stressful couple of weeks.

AFM- So last week I had alot of blood in my urine (then brown spotting) and so I got tested for a UTI, got a fever form it too so i was like epic sick. Also had an ultrasound that day and saw bubs heartbeat which made me feel better, however bub was 5 days behind which i didnt like. they also informed me that when i had an ultrasound 2 years ago and got diagnosed with a bicornuate uterus and they said it was not severe at all- they were wrong sad.gif I have the most severe bicornuate uterus you can get sad.gif
Then i was feeling better from my UTI, but on the weekend I started spotting after every activity- eg, sport, sex, work. So I went to the docs and because of my bicornuate uterus she took my blood, sent me for a second US, and more bloods on friday. Kinda worried me sad.gif
SO I went to my ultrasound today and bub was measuring only one day behind my original EDD so that was great! It must have had a growth spurt original.gif. They also found a clot outside the sac (maybe from my past miscarriages) which is where teh bleeding is from and there will be a bit more but all will be fine original.gif which was good to hear!
Also in my other uterus they thought they found what they thought was a second sac and I was like woah (with my split uterus my body can treat it as two uterus' and highten the likelyhood of twins), but turns out it was just liquid because the hormones are effecting that side as if there is a baby there.

Sorry this was so long, but wanted to fill you all in.

#103 Ringarosy

Posted 05 July 2012 - 12:20 PM

Hi All,

I have tried to keep up with all your stories. I havent joined the FB group yet, I might wait till 13 weeks

My thoughts are with those who have bleeding. Sending Sticky thoughts!!!

Hope all of you ( Like me!) with bad MS that it passes soon and you can get back to living normally.

I meet with my GP last week to confirm pregnancy and to inform her of my awful MS. She gave me Ondazatrone...has anyone taking this while prgenant?
Im still finding it hard to eat but want to eat really naughty things which is so not like me.
I have been in bed most days. Lucky it is school holidays so I dont have to work ( I am a singing teacher)

So I am having my first US and OB appointment on Monday. I am really excited! I will be 8 weeks.

Hoping everyone is keeping well and looking forward to hearing more from you!

#104 tribemama

Posted 06 July 2012 - 07:40 AM

I havent posted in here much but I have been reading along.
I am freaking out. I had morning sickness, well nausea pretty bad up until 5 weeks, also mood swings, increased urination and dizziness. Now I feel nothing. I feel good, energetic, normal and the only possibly symptom I have is increased urination and big bloating in my belly and acne.
I am freaking because I feel good. Who on earth wants to feel bad so they feel better? This is my fourth child, but my partners first and I really, really, want this baby to stick and grow big fat and healthy.
Im trying to remain calm and not freak myself or my partner out about this, and Im trying not to run to the dr and ask for an early ultrasound as Im not even quite 6 weeks yet and there is a high chance of it being a bit early and not seeing a heartbeat which will freak me out more lol.
Gosh, I feel like a first time Mum, not a fourth time.
GIve me sanity!

#105 maybeonemore

Posted 06 July 2012 - 08:45 AM

You seem like me tribemumma, im freaking out over every little cramp i get. Not getting much morning sickness anymore either. I have a scan next Friday im just praying that its all in my mind and everything is fine.

#106 tribemama

Posted 06 July 2012 - 09:03 AM

Actually I just checked and Im 6+1 weeks lol. See maybe this freakout is actually a moodswingy symptom? lol. Ugh pregnancy sux in so many ways.
No cramps, no blood loss, no nothing scary, just crazy feelings.

#107 StJerome

Posted 06 July 2012 - 09:27 AM

Hi All,

Facebook group is closed, so only members can see posts, and it's called "Absolutely Febulous" so not a very conspicuous name.

Sorry, no personals, I suck, but I'm sorry to those who have had losses, and boo to those who have MS. Yay to those who have had dating scans and seen a HB and Hi to everyone else original.gif

#108 Babushka Doll

Posted 06 July 2012 - 09:59 AM

Some people can't access FB at work ) :

#109 StJerome

Posted 06 July 2012 - 10:21 AM

QUOTE (Babushka Doll @ 06/07/2012, 09:59 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Some people can't access FB at work ) :

huh.gif I wasn't suggesting you should, I was just giving out the group info for those who may want it.

#110 Babushka Doll

Posted 06 July 2012 - 10:41 AM

QUOTE (StJerome @ 06/07/2012, 10:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
huh.gif I wasn't suggesting you should, I was just giving out the group info for those who may want it.

I was just suggesting why I wasn't and maybe why others can't get on there........   ohmy.gif   Even though they have the details.

#111 Natttmumm

Posted 06 July 2012 - 01:23 PM

Hi All, Im due 15 Feb based on a scan done today which makes me 8 weeks. All seems real now. This will be baby number 3 for us and was unplanned. We had decided to wait a few months after losing one 3 months ago at about 6 weeks but seems someone had other plans so here we are. By Feb my other kids will be 5 and 3.5yrs. I havent told them yet as I want to wait until around 12 weeks. Up until now we havent been excited as I have had miscarriages before (3) and we know not to get excited to early. The doc told us we should be in the clear now at 8 weeks so getting a little bit excited and clucky. We still have only told family - just a MIL vent she hasnt even rang to congratulate me even though DH has told her - strange people!!!

I wish everyone a good 9 months and glad to be able to share thoughts on here.

#112 ~Bells~

Posted 06 July 2012 - 02:50 PM

LittleJacksonOne - It certainly sounds like you've had a stressful few weeks. I googled bicornuate uterus, "cause I'd never heard of it before, wow! Not great for you, but certainly very interesting, especially the potential for twins. I second clm1982, will your carer monitor your pregnancy more closely due to your uterus situation? Glad to hear the bleeding is probably from an old clot.

It sounds like you're doing everything you can to look after yourself, which is definitely a good thing!

Thanks for the dating scan info. When I saw my Dr I was too worried about the bleeding to worry about the dating, but afterwards I got worked up about it. Hopefully, he/she was just having a slow growth spurt, and at my next one bub will be on track again.

Leisamd - Family are great aren't they? Good thinking with your retort, they might think before asking next time, and let you announce instead! FX you get the midwife you're after! Can you make a request if you get someone else, or is it luck of the draw?

Bubble11 - So interesting about the cultural differences in pregnancy care! There are certainly no guarantees in early pregnancy, and in some cases it may be "for the best" is there are genetic issues that caused it etc, but you're right, that perspective is a bit hard to find for the hysterical pregnant woman going through the miscarriage. Some people just find being tactful very difficult.

Glad the US went well and you haven't had any more bleeding. Phew.

Addibeth - Welcome and congrats!

clm1982 - Glad you're doing well and your symptoms are minimal! I know what you mean about not resting until you see the heartbeat.

Babushka Doll - Oh noes. Hope your bleeding settles down. How did the US go? FX for good news.

Natttmumm - Congrats on number 3! MILs can be a strange breed. Hope she comes around.

AFM - Well I spoke with my Dr on Wednesday and my bloods came back with positive news, HCGs were above 6000 and progesterone was good too, so he thought my bleeding was just “one of those things" and that everything looked good and should progress well. Apparently Dr is a big believer in positive thinking, so I was encouraged to think positive, relax and just keep an eye on things.

Just to make sure, I've got a follow up appointment and scan in a week and a half, and he wants me to go in for more bloods a few days before my appointment so he has fresh results when he sees me.

So I was feeling pretty good about it all on Wednesday, and then NSW lost the State of Origin (SOO), my DH is a QLD supporter so we get a bit worked up at the TV on SOO nights, but I went to be resigned to another series lost, and that bleeding was nothing to worry about. Woke up about 5am. Breathed deeply and sort of snapped the nerves in my neck and back. Could. Not. Move. It was agony.

So I had to have another day off work, managed to see my osteopath to get my muscles snapped back into place but I'm still sore today and to top it off, the bleeding, which had slowed yesterday, has picked up pace, and is now lovely and fresh rather than old and brown. And my cramps are worse.

The only thing keeping me from going completely crazy is that I took another PG test this morning to reassure myself, and the test line came up quick as a wink, before the control line and is the darkest yet.

Sorry about the all about me post. It's nice to get the whinge out. DH tries to downplay the drama so that I keep calm, and it upsets him that I'm so worried, so I'm trying to limit the worry I put on him, which means laying it on you ladies! I appreciate it!

ETA: EB did funny things to my punctation. All fixed original.gif

Edited by ~Bells~, 06 July 2012 - 02:55 PM.

#113 Babushka Doll

Posted 06 July 2012 - 02:58 PM

Bells - my bleeding is coming from my Cervix, yours could be too.   The scan will show any blood inside the uterus, but I am guessing you have a bit of a vascular cervix that is a bit irritated.   Mine was fresh yesterday too i know exactly how you are feeling.

It is also at this point where the placenta is starting to form and attach to the womb lining, sometimes fresh blood and cramping can be the placenta getting into place and/or lifting slightly.

The blood results are definately comforting.

Fingers crossed XXX

#114 tribemama

Posted 06 July 2012 - 04:11 PM

ok more nutty prego lady stuff but I swear Ive been getting flutters. Ok ok so the baby is the size of a pea and has no arms and legs yet to flutter me with and its all in my head, but its so bizarre. Its not like bubbles, but like the tugging on a fishing line kinda flutter.
Sheesh. Crazy much?
I looked at my period chart to see if I wrote anything in there about it being particularly light or something thinking that myabve I could be a month further along than I thought, but typical, that is the ONLY month I didnt write anything on lol.

#115 ~Bells~

Posted 06 July 2012 - 10:15 PM

Thanks for all the love ladies. Just popping in to say goodbye.

Pain and bleeding increased hugely this afternoon. Just got back from the hospital, my OBGYN was called in and he confirmed my miscarriage. Had another scan (uncomfortable) and baby was gone.

On the plus side, my lining was in good shape and I didn't need to go to theatre as it will discharge naturally.

Thanks so much for your support over this past week while I stressed out. I hope all of your pregnancies go smoothly. I'll keep popping in to stalk from time to time.

All the very best. And thanks again! xo

#116 HollyVienne

Posted 06 July 2012 - 11:37 PM

So sorry to hear Bells. Take care of yourself xxx

#117 babycat

Posted 07 July 2012 - 05:53 AM

Sorry Bells, take care.

I haven't been in for a little while so apologies for the lack of personals (I did warn you : )).

Hope everything's starting to settle down for those of you having some bleeding and that the ms is not too unbearable for those suffering.

AFM: I had my first Ob appt yesterday and all looks good, measuring a couple of days behind, but also carrying TWINS!  In a bit of shock here and not quite sure how I'm (we're) going to do it (esp as this was a suprise pregnancy).  Trying to work it all out, whilst recovering from a nasty chest and ear infection.  

Anyway, don't want to turn this into a post all about mep, just wanted to update.

Hope you all are finding some time to rest and looking forward to counting down the rest of the first trimester.

#118 Girlintheredshoes

Posted 07 July 2012 - 07:55 AM

Big hugs to you Bells

Babycat. - congratulations on twins!

Me- ms really bad this week -but trying to keep up with posts

#119 Just green apples

Posted 07 July 2012 - 08:40 AM

So Sorry to hear about your loss Bells. Look after yourself.

Congratulations Babycat!

AFM: I check in every day but haven't posted for ages. I have been feeling just unbelievably exhausted, no MS or cramps or anything else really, just this fatigue... Mind you, I was feeling better one day last week and totally freaked out thinking that something was wrong  huh.gif  

#120 StJerome

Posted 07 July 2012 - 10:45 AM

sad.gif sorry to hear Bells, take care and good luck with your ttc journey.

biggrin.gif Babycat that's awesome, but I'm sure a massive shock to the system! DH reckons that'll be the only way we'd get (my wanted number) 4 kids, he's compromised for 3.

#121 Natttmumm

Posted 07 July 2012 - 04:02 PM

Sorry to hear Bells. I wish you all the best and hope you are feeling ok over the weekend. it is a horrible situation to be in.
Babycat - so exciting for you. I hope you are not feeling extra MS due to having twins.
Stanzy- me too, i hope the MS drops off in week 10 like ive been reading. I'm really expecting it to go at 12 weeks. 4 more weeks like this ahhhh.
Me- MS is harsh today and I haven't really gotten out of bed much. Poor DH is dragging the kids around with him all day. He has been so great but I can see he is ready to have a meltdown soon. hoping he can cope until the MS goes. Since lying in bed today I've been researching calm birth. Anyone used or heard of this. For some reason I am so freaked out about birth this time. I was fine with my other 2. It's weird! Update on my MIL she sent me a text to say congrats. Better than nothing

#122 Nowfor4

Posted 07 July 2012 - 04:35 PM

Hi,

Sorry I haven't replied for ages, have been away for 2 weeks, have been reading but my phone wouldn't let me log in.

Sorry to all those with losses, it sux, I am still paranoid about this one after last time.

Congrats on twins Babycat

To those with bleeing I hope it goes soon.

And those with ms I sympathise. This is by far the worst morning sicknes I have had, and the food aversions are terrible. No chicken, asian food, no dairy(can sometimes do cheese). Am so sad I miss my cup of tea!

Have a good day then am on the couch for 2. DH has really steppe up whch is great, because I can't cook, the smells just make me dry reach. I just got a thermomix and have lent it to my girlfriend so she is cooking me somemeals for the family, gotta love my fiends.

Sorry about the me post, will try and keep up more.

Take care

#123 tribemama

Posted 07 July 2012 - 05:33 PM

Im so sorry to hear your sad news Bells. :-( I wish you all the best.

#124 (feral)epg

Posted 07 July 2012 - 07:50 PM

QUOTE (Nowfor4 @ 07/07/2012, 02:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi,

Sorry I haven't replied for ages, have been away for 2 weeks, have been reading but my phone wouldn't let me log in.

Sorry to all those with losses, it sux, I am still paranoid about this one after last time.

Congrats on twins Babycat

To those with bleeing I hope it goes soon.

And those with ms I sympathise. This is by far the worst morning sicknes I have had, and the food aversions are terrible. No chicken, asian food, no dairy(can sometimes do cheese). Am so sad I miss my cup of tea!

Have a good day then am on the couch for 2. DH has really steppe up whch is great, because I can't cook, the smells just make me dry reach. I just got a thermomix and have lent it to my girlfriend so she is cooking me somemeals for the family, gotta love my fiends.

Sorry about the me post, will try and keep up more.

Take care

I have a thermomix arriving this afternoon.  For making baby food.
(and mashed potato and custard) happy.gif

#125 ~A2~

Posted 07 July 2012 - 09:58 PM

Thread closed

New thread here

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

'My parenting style is Survivalist'

A helicopter or tiger mum, I am not.

8 mums reveal their favourite nappy bags

We asked a bunch of mums which nappy bags they love the most.

Why you shouldn't bother throwing a big first birthday party

If you're feeling the pressure to host an all-out, over-the-top shindig for your baby's birthday, I hereby grant you permission to throw the rules out the window.

The 24 baby names on the verge of extinction this year

If you're on the hunt for the perfect baby name and don't want a chart-topper like Oliver or Olivia, then do we have the list for you.

'My mum doesn't seem that interested in my baby'

Q: My mother and I have always been close, but now that I have a baby, she has not helped out as much as I thought she would.

New guidelines: "Bottle-feeding mums need support too"

Breast is best, but mums who can't, or choose not to breastfeed need support too.

Dads also struggle to 'have it all', study finds

Men and women both experience work-family conflict.

Language development may start in the womb

Study found babies can recognise foreign languages before birth.

Meet the baby born from an embryo frozen for 24 years

Experts say little Emma is a record breaking baby.

Advertisement

Top 5 Articles

Advertisement

From our network

Five things you need to know about flu and pregnancy

As the 2017 flu season begins in earnest, here?s what you need to know to protect yourself and baby.

Mum tips to keep your pre-baby budget in check

Money might be funny in a rich man's world (or so ABBA told us), but for the rest of us it's a major consideration – particularly before having a baby.

5 easy ways to make your maternity leave last longer

Maternity leave is a special time for you, your partner and your new little bundle. The last thing you want is for financial worries to stand in the way of that joy.

10 ways to keep your 'buying for baby' costs down

Becoming a parent is full of surprises – not least of all finding out that, for such small beings, babies cause a lot of chaos and expense.

5 ways to prepare to go from two incomes to one

Here are some ideas for getting that budget in shape, ready for being a one income family.

Baby Names

Need some ideas?

See what names are trending this year.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.