Due in November, 2012 Chat Thread #9

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
99 replies to this topic

#76 Chief Pancake Make

Posted 05 July 2012 - 02:17 PM

Hi Ladies,

Finaly had my morphology scan today.  Everything looks good.  I dont know why but every time I go to the ultra sound place they put my due date down at Nov 22 even though I explain about my long cycle, whereas my GP and miwives have Nov 26,  so at the ultrasound say that the baby is a few days behind - I assume they mean for Nov 22 which would make Nov 26 correct.  I think also I will have a small baby anyway based  on family history.  

The only catch is my placenta is a bit low and only measuring 1.7cm away from cervix - the needs it to be at least 2cm also I had to have an internal ultrsound to confirm that (yay that was fun).   So I will have to have another ultrsound at 34-36 weeks to check it is not covering the cervix.   Damn placenta has been nothing but trouble first it is mosaic and now its in the wrong place.  I really don't want a ceasarean now it is something I have to consider at least I have time to get used to th idea, though they said it usually moves away from the cervix the later in pegnancy you get.  

So   ddance.gif  for happy healthy bub.

Belly rubs to every one.

#77 justonemore‚ô•

Posted 05 July 2012 - 10:31 PM

Franno & Chief Pancake Make - Good to know I'm not alone with the low lying placenta. I have read it's fairly common so I'm trying to stay positive and hope for the best. Fingers crossed they all move well away for us!

Meifong16 - Congrats on the girl! I was also told about the 3 lines... I think if the ultrasound tech can clearly see the 3 lines then it's a girl. There was no "it could be" or "it looks like" with my scan, she was certain it was a girl and each time I asked something she repeated, it's a girl  original.gif  Have fun with the name choosing.. Our ds2 didn't have a name for 1 1/2 days but I won in the end  biggrin.gif

Cluckymum - I've been craving olives too but wasn't sure if they're okay to eat?

Hello to everyone else  original.gif

#78 Ms_Jae

Posted 06 July 2012 - 08:47 AM

Hi Mrs Collins, Wb original.gif

Hi to everyone else.. Nothing else happening at my end.. So boring.. lol Next week is my obs app and then the following week my scan..

I am craving caesar salads.. I think its the sauce more though.. yum yum..

#79 emnut

Posted 08 July 2012 - 03:44 PM

Hi all,

CPM - so glad that your but is looking good after your early worries.  Hopefully the placenta will move up for you as they usually do (as well as for everyone else with low lying placentas).  

Stormgirl & others with job issues - hope that you aren't feeling too stressed out & that things look up on that front.

meifong - yep names are hard - we are doing the same as we did with DS & waiting until baby is born (well in DS's case we were trying to work it out but he came early).

EDZ - hope Valentine cooperated & you got to hear that heartbeat nice & quickly this time.

Hi to everyone else.

Things are plodding along here.  We have finally settled on our block of land so in the motions of having plans for our house drawn to get approval so that is good  My bp has risen so am on medication for that now & are all puffy so to try to reduce stress & avoid another early arrival if I can this is officially my last week at work, although because we are short staffed I will fill in casually when I'm feeling up to it.  It will mean that there are no more 12 hour days which is the main thing I wanted to stop.  I'm planning on going back to work on less hours when baby is 6 weeks old anyway so even if we do get to what we have tentatively decided as my c-section date I'm not worried about missing out or having to go back to work when baby younger than I want.

#80 Ms_Jae

Posted 09 July 2012 - 09:54 AM

Thanks emnut.. He is still looking for work.. Its not the best time right now. I am selling things, just so I can pay the rent. Wish there was something i can do. Wish I wasnt pregnant sometimes, as I would be working.

#81 chloe69

Posted 09 July 2012 - 03:20 PM

Hi Ladies - anyone already been told/decided that they are going to deliver via caesar this time?

Chloe

#82 emnut

Posted 09 July 2012 - 05:54 PM

yep  - I will definitely be having a c-section this time Chloe & have already booked a tentative date

Stormgirl - so sorry that things are so tough for you guys  sad.gif

We applied for a new rental today (this one the heater doesn't work & after a month of fighting our landlord have decided to move since it all be a year or so until our house is built) so hopefully will be spending the next few weeks moving

#83 chloe69

Posted 10 July 2012 - 08:11 AM

Emnut - that is great planning on having a tentative date for the C-sect already!

I am trying to decide between a C-sect or natural again. Did you have a choice or was it automatic that you had to do a C-sect?

Well done on getting the rental property now. It would be good to be settled before the next bub comes.

Chloe

#84 ABeautifulLife

Posted 10 July 2012 - 11:39 AM

Hi All,

Things progressing along smoothly here, I have my 20 week scan booked tomorrow, very excited!!!  Kids are back at school so a little quieter and I can rest up a bit more which is nice.  I hope you are all well and will keep following everyones progress.

Take care original.gif

#85 Heather-Elizabeth

Posted 11 July 2012 - 01:31 AM

Sitting up at 1:20am because I just can't sleep. Stupid pregnancy insomnia has hit early this time. I am tired, but after 40 mins in bed, I still couldn't sleep. It was the same last night and the night before, so I'm really starting to feel it.

T.J, sorry you are sick, I hope it clears up soon. We have just had a mammoth 8 weeks of continual viruses in this house, but we all seem to be better now, so God help anyone who visits us while they are sick.

A beautiful life, hope all goes well with the scan tomorrow. I had my follow up one today and everything was good.

Stormgirl, I here you on the struggling to pay bills. I have just lost my job and due to a stuff up with DH's pay, I ended up having to borrow money off my parents to pay our rent this week. I hope things start to look up for you soon.

emnut, I hope you get your rental.

AFM, I had my follow up morphology scan today. They were able to get all the measurements they needed and everything is looking good. Valentine was being very cute, sucking its thumb, shoving its fingers in its mouth and sticking out its tongue. He/she was also very, very active and it was great to be able to see him/her moving around and be able to feel it as well.

We have my niece's 5th birthday party to go to this weekend, so we'll be making the 4 hour drive on Friday for the party on Saturday. We moved away when she was 6 months old and for whatever reason, we have managed to miss every one of her birthdays, so we thought we'd better make the effort to get there this time.

#86 Ms_Jae

Posted 11 July 2012 - 09:35 AM

Nah still sucks with money here. DP has applied for soooo many jobs with no hits.
He is even considering applying interstate and just see. If we have to relocate then we will somehow. Very depressing.
Cried myself to sleep the other night just thinking Im going to be on the streets when I have bub.

On a good note.. looking forward to my obs app on Friday and a scan next Tuesday.

Hope everyone is coping ok..

Belly rubs

#87 emnut

Posted 11 July 2012 - 10:29 AM

Stormgirl - so so sorry.  Really wish I could do something to help & you could be enjoying this time in your life

TJ - glad your scan went well.  Sucks being sick - the flu doing the rounds is horrid (I still have the cough that I'll be stuck with all winter after having it a few weeks back & we have heaps of people off work with it atm).  Hope you managed some sleep.

EDZ - insomnia has hit here too.  Hope you ended up getting some sleep last night too.

ABeautifulLife - good luck with your scan today

Chloe - I was told at the start that I would need another c/section as when I had DS I had an inverted T incision in my uterus to get him out therefore the part at the join in particular is a risk for rupture.  I was happy to go along with whatever is recommended - as long as baby comes out healthy I am happy regardless of how it happens (went through the whole birth disappointment with DS who was born by emergency c-section at 29 weeks with no labour at all).  We have booked a tentative date fairly early because my ob doesn't want any labour at all.

AFM- getting grumpy at still not hearing about the new rental. At least this afternoon I have an ob appointment then work instead of sitting by the phone waiting for it to ring all day.

#88 chloe69

Posted 11 July 2012 - 11:15 AM

TJ - Poor you being sick! I had a bad cold (I thought it may have been flu as I was vomiting, blocked up, couldn't eat)...and it seemed like I couldn't take anything....just when I needed to!
I found that one thing that helped was hot showers......and letting the housework go!

I hope it passes quickly.
Chloe

#89 ABeautifulLife

Posted 11 July 2012 - 06:25 PM

Hi All,

Scan went great, my sonographer was lovely and took her time so we could enjoy the show original.gif  Baby was very active and looks very healthy, I can't wait to do the 4d scan at 28 weeks.  Hope everyone is well and for those having difficult times at the moment I hope things start to turn around so you can enjoy the rest of your pregnancies.

#90 Ms_Jae

Posted 13 July 2012 - 09:01 AM

Hey Guys,

Today I have my obs appointment.. Hope it goes well. I know they wanted me to have my scan before today, but couldnt get in until next Tuesday.. So too bad unless they put me in today.

DP is still looking for work. He had 2 interviews yesterday. One is a cleaning job starting at 4am everyday and the other door to door commission with minimum of $300 a week..
He is from the states and he is even considering going back to the states and maybe wanting me to go back too.. I really dont know what to do. So much stress. I just want to pull my hair out. mad.gif

Anyways I will be back later after my appointment.. Wish me luck..
Belly rubs

#91 whatnamenow

Posted 13 July 2012 - 07:06 PM

Stormgirl - Just remind your DP that if jobs are hard to find around here then jobs are even harder to find in the US at the moment.. Also at least here your healthcare is being covered.  I still remember being pregnant with my first and being on a forum for pregnant ladies when a US woman came on considering abortion for no other reason other than she couldnt afford the hospital fee's to actually give birth.

I do hope you find something.  I think from memory that you were looking at construction work?  I have been asking around for you here for what its worth because i also know that you said you would relocate for work.  Does he have any special tickets?

I had an issue a few nights ago with my BP heading skyward.  Everytime i would sit down for a bit it would go back down but then as soon as i got up ( getting kids bathed/fed/off to bed) up it would go again.  After everyone ( from family/friends, to 13HEALTH and even everyone on EB ) was practically screaming at me to go up and get checked out i caved and headed into maternity.  Everyone was lovely and if anything it was good just to see the Birth suites and calm my fears about giving birth in a hospital setting. They eventually decided that i was either just run down or had a virus or both.  Sure enough today its all settled back down again and i am feeling alot more with it.

Its my redo of the morphology scan on wednesday and 2 nights ago DH finally felt the baby kick so lots going on.  Been buying up big for bubs as well.  Been so many cute clothes and even got my sleepy wrap carrier to use.  Everything in pink so they better be right that she's a little she!!

#92 Ms_Jae

Posted 14 July 2012 - 07:59 PM

Hey charlottesmum.. Thank you for asking around. That is so nice of you. Yeah its really hard right now with him finding work. He just has lots of labour work and factory work experience etc. Yes we are willing to relocate for a job.
I heard a story about a woman who gave birth in the US but from here and was costing her about $1mil because the baby was premmie and needed special care etc. I was like ohmy.gif

I am looking to buying bubs things once I find out what the gender is.
Take care original.gif

#93 emnut

Posted 14 July 2012 - 10:45 PM

Yay excited here today - 24 weeks = viable baby &  most important milestone.  Now for 26 weeks....

Stormgirl - I hope that something comes of one of the interviews for you guys

Charlottesmum - glad you are feeling better & that the bp has settled down.

TJ - how awful & scary.  Really hope you are feeling better asap & have no more scares

ABeautifulLife - great to hear the scan went well.

We are having a quiet week  - all sick with what I am calling bad colds & DH is calling flu (he doesn't quite get the concept that the two are not interchangeable & the flu is not a bad cold).  My bp has risen but not out of control at this stage & scan to check blood flows & fluid etc caused no real concern so everything going along as I would like right now.

#94 whatnamenow

Posted 15 July 2012 - 09:21 PM

stormgirl if your DP can paint and render i have a job offer for you guys in gladstone.  could you pm me please?

#95 Ms_Jae

Posted 16 July 2012 - 10:05 AM

Thanks to Charlottesmum for the tip.. but no good.. The guy wants actual experience.. We will keep trying..

Its only part time cleaning if he gets it but something hey.. So tired of the stress though.. BUT.... Scan tomorrow.. woooo

#96 hiccamups

Posted 16 July 2012 - 12:24 PM

Hello guys.  I'm no good with the personals, sorry.  I always end up with such small snippets of time and lose track of what I've read.  

I hope you're all enjoying the school holidays, those of you still with them.  We're enjoying being our pj's until whenever.

We got a date for our c-section.  We're having this little boy on Tuesday 30th October.  So exciting and nerve wracking at the same time.

Emnut, I have called cold here for weeks and weeks on end and in the end, I think we all had a milder flu.  Just the ongoing and unrelenting nature, with chest infections that followed most.  Apparently this is quite a horrible flu season.

#97 justonemore‚ô•

Posted 17 July 2012 - 12:04 AM

Hi all,

Been a bit quiet here.. Had a yucky bug last week and only just starting to feel myself.. Everyone else not feeling well, I hope you feel better soon.. there's alot of stuff going around at the moment and it's not nice, especially while pregnant.

Does anyone know when the glucose test is? Is it between 26-28 weeks? I can't remember  huh.gif  

#98 Ms_Jae

Posted 17 July 2012 - 07:38 AM

I am having an early one and getting mine tomorrow. Doctor wants me to have it early so if I have it, I can get treated sooner.

Well I have my scan this afternoon and I am super excited. Will let you all know later how it went..

#99 Turquoise1

Posted 17 July 2012 - 02:36 PM

Hi Everyone!!! (Well, hi to those who are still in this group original.gif

It's great to catch up on everyone's news. I've been EB quiet while journeying back to the apartment in the Turkish city, packing, working my butt off for fiance's Aussie visa, 3 planes later and I'm in a mountain region of Bali. I came here to break up the flight and indulge in amazing food, yoga and relaxation. I really feel me again after the blah time in Turkey. This will be my last solo journey so I'm soaking it up and looking forward to future journeys with the fam.

Emnut - I'm so happy that your baby is growing stronger inside and hoping you are feeling confident about the rest of your pregnancy. You asked about my fiance's visa ages ago. Thank you for thinking of me. After spending weeks arranging documents and writing letters to assure the Aus Consulate that fiance was coming as a tourist for 3 months while our baby is born...we was shocked 3 days ago to learn he was rejected. They don't believe he will return to Turkey. After a big fat cry when I realised he may not be at the birth, I am back in fight mode. I'm doing the big application for spouse visa which we would have done before but we were told it can take 10 months to process. I'll send it from Bali to him while he works in South Turkey. My latest idea is that if the visa doesn't come, I will consider having the baby in Bali where we are both welcome. I hadn't thought of this option until I saw a heavily pregnant Aussie here who raved about the western midwife service in Bali. I will weigh up safety for baby and my ideal birth plan.

So, lucky as I am to be in Bali, it's a big challenge for fiance and I as we miss each other and feel the stress of being apart. I look for the light at the end of the tunnel.

I can't wait to reunite with my friends in Melbourne in 10 days!!!

Take care lovely mamas and I hope you're all feeling positive about the actual birth...so many wonderful birth stories to read about for inspiration.

I look forward to staying connected!!!

#100 ~A2~

Posted 17 July 2012 - 03:52 PM

Hi AlL

Thread closed

New thread here

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

'My parenting style is Survivalist'

A helicopter or tiger mum, I am not.

8 mums reveal their favourite nappy bags

We asked a bunch of mums which nappy bags they love the most.

Why you shouldn't bother throwing a big first birthday party

If you're feeling the pressure to host an all-out, over-the-top shindig for your baby's birthday, I hereby grant you permission to throw the rules out the window.

The 24 baby names on the verge of extinction this year

If you're on the hunt for the perfect baby name and don't want a chart-topper like Oliver or Olivia, then do we have the list for you.

'My mum doesn't seem that interested in my baby'

Q: My mother and I have always been close, but now that I have a baby, she has not helped out as much as I thought she would.

New guidelines: "Bottle-feeding mums need support too"

Breast is best, but mums who can't, or choose not to breastfeed need support too.

Dads also struggle to 'have it all', study finds

Men and women both experience work-family conflict.

Language development may start in the womb

Study found babies can recognise foreign languages before birth.

Meet the baby born from an embryo frozen for 24 years

Experts say little Emma is a record breaking baby.

Advertisement

Top 5 Articles

Advertisement

From our network

Five things you need to know about flu and pregnancy

As the 2017 flu season begins in earnest, here?s what you need to know to protect yourself and baby.

Mum tips to keep your pre-baby budget in check

Money might be funny in a rich man's world (or so ABBA told us), but for the rest of us it's a major consideration – particularly before having a baby.

5 easy ways to make your maternity leave last longer

Maternity leave is a special time for you, your partner and your new little bundle. The last thing you want is for financial worries to stand in the way of that joy.

10 ways to keep your 'buying for baby' costs down

Becoming a parent is full of surprises – not least of all finding out that, for such small beings, babies cause a lot of chaos and expense.

5 ways to prepare to go from two incomes to one

Here are some ideas for getting that budget in shape, ready for being a one income family.

Baby Names

Need some ideas?

See what names are trending this year.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.