Due in November, 2012 Chat Thread #9

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
99 replies to this topic

#51 R2B2

Posted 27 June 2012 - 08:39 PM

Hi original.gif just wanted to jump in (late notice I know Tounge1.gif) and introduce myself. expecting number 3. already have a boy and a girl and this one has decided to keep itself a surprise.
haven't joined the dig so far because I'm just really slack at keeping up with things!!!
look forward to chatting with you all original.gif

#52 Ms_Jae

Posted 28 June 2012 - 08:11 AM

Welcome R2B2 :-)
Look forward to chatting with you

#53 lelula

Posted 28 June 2012 - 08:39 AM

Hi all, another late comer - posted very early but haven't been back so thought I should also re-introduce myself. This is our first, due on the 11th and all going well so far. Had our morph scan last week and found out we're having a girl original.gif
I've tried to follow the threads as much as I can, look forward to participating a bit more now. I can sympathise with all those going through stressful times, DH has just been given 3 months to find a new job (he works for a bunch of idiots with no morals so it's ultimately a good thing) - I finish at my work in...3 months. So much harder to deal with these things when the hormones are already raging!! He's been so unhappy where he's working so he's happy to have a ticket out of there, but now comes the 'what next?' question...fingers crossed it's an easy ride.
Like I said, I've been following these threads so hopefully get to know you all better soon!

#54 Ms_Jae

Posted 28 June 2012 - 09:43 AM

Welcome back Lozzy.. That would be hard on your DH about his job. Nothing worse than expecting and not having a job.
Wish him all the best..
Belly Rubs

#55 Heather-Elizabeth

Posted 28 June 2012 - 12:14 PM

Z's party went really well, but now he has come down with hand, foot and mouth, so we are having a few home days so we don't spread it around.

I had a bit of a bleed last night. A decent amount of bright red blood a couple of hours after some bad stomach pains. I ended up calling the hospital and they said to come in. I was checked over and told I could stay in and wait it out or come home and wait it out, so I came home. Z still feeds in the night when he is sick, so I needed to be home for him. They did eventually manage to find Valentine's heartbeat, so I was happier after that. I haven't had any more bleeding, so hopefully it was nothing.

We had our 19 week scan on Tuesday, but V is measuring at 18.2, so he/she was too small to get all the measurements we needed. So I have to go back in 2 weeks. Yay! Extra scan.

#56 catty81

Posted 28 June 2012 - 12:24 PM

Hi and welcome to the newbies!

Lozzy sorry to hear about DH's job.  I hope he finds something better.

EDZ that must have been scary.  Glad they found Valentine's heartbeat.  Do they know what caused the bleed?

Nothing exciting here to report.  I am going for my first hospital visit next week...

hugs

#57 chic mummy

Posted 29 June 2012 - 09:23 PM

wow i have missed out on lots ....

congrats to all the readers out there who have found out what sex there baby is.

EDZ- so glad they found valentines heart beat - they can be hiding it pretty good for a while....my bub gave me a wee bit of a scare similar to this today...

Lozzy - so sorry to hear about DH's job - im sure something will come his way soon...

catty81 - good luck at your first hospital appoinment.

Now as for myself..

my hubby and i today had out 19 week scan and we found out its a boy  babyboy.gif  A BOY -  im so excited i was happy with either girl or boy but i am thrilled as is my hubby for little buby which is very active - poor lady working the ultrasound had a hard time getting all the measurements...but he is measuring very good.

luckily we have always had a boys name so our baby boy will be a leonardo - yay

just now to think of a middle name... any recommendations with what goes with leonardo (middle) a.... ??  wink.gif

hope eveyone is doing great and i hope everyones little baby's are being extra nice and behaving themselves  happy.gif

#58 Ms_Jae

Posted 30 June 2012 - 07:57 AM

Wow lots of boys in this group.. Still have to wait for our scan in 2 weeks.. Wonders how many boys to girls we are having here..
Nothing much happening. Just getting sore hips/thighs of a night, so have to toss and turn alot or get up. Really starting to get uncomfortable.

My partner lost his job yesterday. They say they were cutting costs etc. Now none of us are working and we are pretty much screwed. Really hope he gets another one asap.

Belly rubs

#59 Chief Pancake Make

Posted 30 June 2012 - 10:09 AM

Morning,

So sorry to hear about people losing their jobs.  It is one extra stress you dont need when you are expecting.  I am hearing about more and more people I know losing their jobs being made redundant, so it is very hard to believe the economy is going great crap.

I am looking forward to my 20 week scan in a week or so.  The public hospital wont do them any earlier, so they dont have to ask people to come back again - but it is a very long wait.  Every one keeps asking if I can feel the baby move yet.  I know they are just showing an interest but there are some who are adamant that I should be and I am tempted to be rude and ask if they are implying there is something wrong with my baby just to see them squirm.  I had some one at dinner last night pull out their i phone and look up their baby app and tell me that their iphone says at 19 weeks I should be able to feel it move.  well if the iphone says so.........................

Other than that DH is dying of a man cold.  I have been taking extra vitamin C, according to Dr google I cant take echinacia.  MIL keep trying to give me chinese herbs - sorry if it is not approved by the TGA I am not taking it - I have no idea what is in that stuff or if it is safe for baby.  No cold so far, hopefully I am keeping it at bay.

#60 Chief Pancake Make

Posted 30 June 2012 - 03:26 PM

Sorry for being a post hog.

Had a lovely night out with friends last night - but today has gone to crap.

Spent half the day doing a Gannt chart for an assignment then discovered I cant save the version I have.

Was FB chatting with my younger sister who casually mentioned my older sister (whom I dont speak to) is having another baby in December.   Nobody thought to mention it.   Maybe my entire family thought that i would magically never find out, or that they didn't want to steal my thunder as I am having my first. Doesnt change the fact that less than a month after me there will be another baby.  My mother spent a week in Melbourne with my sister and other grandchild about a month ago so obviously would have known.  No wonder her response to me announcing I was pregnant was so under whelming.

I know I am being a bit emotional and oversensitive, but my family just have a knack of taking the shine off everything good that happens in my life

#61 kokeshi

Posted 30 June 2012 - 04:39 PM

Hello to everyone,

Well I'm very new to the forums (and to pregnancy!).  This is number one for my husband and I, and we are due on 9 November. We have our next scan on Wednesday, and we can't wait to find out what we are having!

The pregnancy so far has been pretty good. The morning sickness/nausea gave way after about 13 weeks, and now I sometimes need to pinch myself that I'm pregnant.

The bump is certainly starting to show now, and I *think* I've been feeling some flutters and movements from the baby.  No kicks, almost internal tickles or waves of fluid moving. (gee..that one is hard to describe! wink.gif

Anyway, I look forward to being part of the November DIG.  It is lovely to read everyones journey so far; more so now that things are starting to be more noticeable.

Take care all.

#62 caroldiem

Posted 01 July 2012 - 06:58 AM

EDZ - I had my morph scan on Saturday and i had a not so good experience i am in the same boat as you they couldn't take all the measurements so i have to go back in a week sad.gif when your a contractor and work full time it's annoying. Plus teh babies limbs measured 2 weeks behind to everything else we had exactly the same issues with my DD and she is a perfectly healthy 4 yr old who isn't short it's jst egentics she has my DH's body type and they have long torsos and shorter arms and legs but my DH is 6 foot and my DD will be between 5 foot 6 and 5 foot 8. I am very small though not even 5 foot and i don't produce big babies inside the womb. So now i am going to have to go through the same crap again like i did last time where the doctor at the ultrasound place will come in and ask me questions like does dwarfism run in your family. They really scared me with my DD and there was nothing wrong with her. I am calling my OB on Monday to discuss i had the worst day yesterday also never have an ultrasound done on a saturday my morph scan was rushed only 35mins because the ladies wanted to get out of there i was the last patient and they were 20mins late seeing me  rant.gif

The positive we are having a BOY!!!! everyone in the family is ecstatic ofcourse i am not happy because i am sitting here worrying a lot my DH is not concerned at all he thinks everything is fine and i am being silly

#63 lelula

Posted 01 July 2012 - 10:29 AM

Thanks to everyone for your thoughts, and Stormgirl - sympathy especially to you, it's so stressful to be worrying about something as mundane as work and money when you want to be focussing on your baby. Don't let it take the shine off what's meant to be a joyful time, I'm trying not to. And sympathy too with achy hips! I hardly slept last night, I can only stay on one side for a little while before my hip aches and I have to turn over. Let me know if you find something to relieve it!

EDZ - Hope Z gets better soon. Thinking of you too, glad they found the heartbeat, it's just a wonderful sound when you've been worrying about them in there. Are you finding out the sex at your next scan or keeping it as a surprise?

I don't go a day at work without people commenting on my belly so I'm guessing I really do look pregnant now not just like I had a big lunch (does anyone else find it odd when people ask "Are you pregnant?" Seriously, you must realise I am, otherwise you've just insulted me!! DH keeps telling me to say no and see how they react original.gif ) Lots of kicks and movements, I've got a little dancer in there I think. And yes, feeling a little outnumbered by all those November boys!

Miss Lizzie - well done on choosing your name already. We are fairly certain but won't tell anyone in case we change our minds... again...

Congrats to everyone who has found out the gender, and well done to those who have the willpower not to!! You have a lovely surprise coming up in a few months.

#64 Ms_Jae

Posted 01 July 2012 - 10:49 AM

Thanks Lozzy. We are trying to stay positive, but its so hard not to worry. Stress is one thing I really dont need right now.

Wish I could go and work while pregnant, but dont think no one will hire a pregnant woman.

#65 whatnamenow

Posted 01 July 2012 - 09:05 PM

Just coming in to say hi...  My first post as an officially married woman!!!

Had my wedding on saturday.  by 8pm my left foot had swollen so much i almost couldnt get my shoe off.  I then spent so much of it hiding the fact i was barefoot by sitting at my table until finally by about 9pm everyone was drunk enough not to notice.

My legs however still havnt gone down and are still swollen.  Not a very attractive thought for my wedding night/newlywed stage.  Me feeling fat, swollen and very unattractive...

For anyone interested here is one of my photo's...

wedding photo's

That link should take you to my photobucket account which has all of them up..

#66 Ms_Jae

Posted 02 July 2012 - 08:34 AM

Congrats on your wedding Charlottesmum. Photos are awesome original.gif

#67 chic mummy

Posted 02 July 2012 - 09:11 AM

Hey guys.

Storm- I'm so sorry to hear about your DH job I'll be keeping you guys in my thoughts wish all the best and luck to come your way very soon.

Charlottesmum- congratulations on your wedding that is a beautiful wedding photo original.gif

As for myself - nothing new to report here I'm currently waiting for my doctors appointment and I have a feeling it'll be a long wait.

All the best for everyone who has their scans coming up and all the best to the expecting mummies in the forum..  Chat soon ..

#68 Turquoise1

Posted 02 July 2012 - 04:06 PM

Just a quickie and I'll give a longer one soon...

SLEEPING COMFORTABLY - alot of you may be already on to this one...When we're pregnant, we are much more flexible (I have to resist fully stretching in yoga). Sleeping on our sides is said to be better than on our back. In the later weeks before birth, I reeeallly want to sleep on my left side as much as possible. The thing is, on our side, we stretch too much through our hips and lower back.

The answer is a pillow between your legs to relieve the pulling pressure. Maybe I'll get a special one when I'm back in Oz - one that relieves belly pressure too. Now I use a normal pillow - once you're used to it, bliss.

I'm also researching the ins and outs of labour as I don't want to have fear on the day or night. I have some great articles on pushing...and being patient if anyone is interested.

Take care in this tricky, wonderful journey!

#69 Heather-Elizabeth

Posted 02 July 2012 - 11:20 PM

caroldiem - it sucks that your scan wasn't good. At least this time you know it means nothing in the long run.

lozzylots - I am tempted to find out the sex this time, but we wont. I liked the surprise when we had Z, so I think we will do that again.

charlottesmum04
- Congratulations on your wedding.

Turquoise1 - I have a body pillow and I think I will have to drag it back out again soon.

AFM - I have had a tummy bug today. Not nice at all. I have managed to keep a couple of icypoles down tonight, so hopefully I am over the worst of it.

I have my next doctors appointment tomorrow, so I'm looking forward to hearing Valentine's heartbeat again. And getting my forms to book in to my next ultrasound.

#70 JB001

Posted 03 July 2012 - 10:46 AM

Hi everyone,

I am new here!

Just wanted to say Ive been reading everyone's post but this is my first time posting myself.

This is my 3rd pregnancy and Im finding everything so different from the last two! Not within myself so much but with all new procedures and rules at the hospital. Has anyone else found this?

I have a Step-DD who is 13yrs, a DS who is 8yrs and a DD who is 5yrs!

#71 justonemore‚ô•

Posted 04 July 2012 - 02:47 PM

Hi all,

I hope it's not too late to join in original.gif

I'm currently 22 weeks pregnant with my 3rd child. I have 2 boys and at my 20 week scan we found out that we are having babygirl.gif a GIRL! Absolutely ecstatic and still in disbelief though the ultrasound tech was certain and said there's the 3 lines which outline the labia even though I couldn't work it out huh.gif and everytime I asked something she just kept confirming "It's a girl" haha I just can't believe it!

At my last antenatal appointment I was told that I have a low lying placenta 1cm from os. I was told not to worry about it yet as chances are it'll move up so I have to have another scan between 32-34 weeks to see if it has moved. Has anyone else experienced this?

#72 CluckyMum

Posted 04 July 2012 - 03:56 PM

My first post in here so feeling a tad overwhelmed after reading it all, lol.

Charlottesmum - Congrats on the wedding!! Gorgeous photo original.gif

Justonemore - Congrats on the girl original.gif

I'm sitting on the lounge at the moment enjoying lots of my current craving of olives original.gif Can't leave them alone, lol. Bub started kicking a few days ago (yay!!) so I am in total bliss feeling all the little movements. 19 weeks tomorrow! Time flies!

#73 franno

Posted 05 July 2012 - 09:54 AM

Hi everyone, just jumping in quickly to say charlottes mum great wedding pic but the link only took me to 1? Congrats! Beautiful dress!!

Justonemore - apparently mine is slightly low as well and of course I have read/heard some scary things about that. Ob said at this stage about 30-40% women are low and 99% resolve themselves so I hope I am in that camp.

Welcome to the other newbies as well .... In addition there is also a private Facebook group that Springchickadee created so there are about 20 people using that in conjunction with EB. Easier for pics etc.

#74 meifong16

Posted 05 July 2012 - 10:51 AM

Hi everyone,

So sorry for not dropping by too frequently. I am however on the EB group on FB almost everyday Tounge1.gif

Firstly, congrats to Charlottesmum on the beautiful wedding and photo!!! I love love love weddings.

StormGirl77, I hope you DH will be able to find another job soon. I can understand the stress you're going through right now and it's definitely not what you need at this point of time. But as they say, life's a bed of roses at times. I sincerely hope that you and your family will be able to pull through this tough times. Do remember, there's always a rainbow after the storm. Will keep your family in my prayer.

Those of you all who have find out the sex of the babies, another big congratulations to all of you original.gif I just had my 19th week scan on Monday and we're having a little princess!!!! All I remember was that the ultrasound technician told me she saw three lines and that tells her it's a girl. I've no idea what those 3 lines at first meant but after doing a bit of a research last night, I found out that those 3 lines outline the labia...Hmm. She also did mentioned that it's only 99% chance that it's a girl because they can never be 100% sure when it comes to determining the sex of a girl.

Now comes the hard part. Thinking and deciding on names!!!! HB and I just can't agree with each other at the moment and it's driving me nuts!!! Anyone else going through the same phase??

#75 Faith_Hope_Love

Posted 05 July 2012 - 11:46 AM

Hi,

I haven't posted on here at all I don't think but I am due on 5th November. How do I find the private group on FB? I find FB groups easier then forums as I never remember to check these forums and I end up with 10 pages of catch up reading lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

'My parenting style is Survivalist'

A helicopter or tiger mum, I am not.

8 mums reveal their favourite nappy bags

We asked a bunch of mums which nappy bags they love the most.

Why you shouldn't bother throwing a big first birthday party

If you're feeling the pressure to host an all-out, over-the-top shindig for your baby's birthday, I hereby grant you permission to throw the rules out the window.

The 24 baby names on the verge of extinction this year

If you're on the hunt for the perfect baby name and don't want a chart-topper like Oliver or Olivia, then do we have the list for you.

'My mum doesn't seem that interested in my baby'

Q: My mother and I have always been close, but now that I have a baby, she has not helped out as much as I thought she would.

New guidelines: "Bottle-feeding mums need support too"

Breast is best, but mums who can't, or choose not to breastfeed need support too.

Dads also struggle to 'have it all', study finds

Men and women both experience work-family conflict.

Language development may start in the womb

Study found babies can recognise foreign languages before birth.

Meet the baby born from an embryo frozen for 24 years

Experts say little Emma is a record breaking baby.

Advertisement

Advertisement

From our network

Five things you need to know about flu and pregnancy

As the 2017 flu season begins in earnest, here?s what you need to know to protect yourself and baby.

Mum tips to keep your pre-baby budget in check

Money might be funny in a rich man's world (or so ABBA told us), but for the rest of us it's a major consideration – particularly before having a baby.

5 easy ways to make your maternity leave last longer

Maternity leave is a special time for you, your partner and your new little bundle. The last thing you want is for financial worries to stand in the way of that joy.

10 ways to keep your 'buying for baby' costs down

Becoming a parent is full of surprises – not least of all finding out that, for such small beings, babies cause a lot of chaos and expense.

5 ways to prepare to go from two incomes to one

Here are some ideas for getting that budget in shape, ready for being a one income family.

Baby Names

Need some ideas?

See what names are trending this year.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.