Due in November, 2012 Chat Thread #9

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
99 replies to this topic

#26 Spring Chickadee

Posted 22 June 2012 - 02:36 PM

MakkaPakka- I've PMd you to try and sort the FB issue.

#27 Turquoise1

Posted 22 June 2012 - 02:46 PM

Hey lovely ladies,

Boy, boy, BOOOOYYY!!!! We're so excited to be having a boy. We'd both wanted one but I was mentally preparing for a girl. My fiance said he always knew it was a boy but we were ecstatic when the scan showed quite the healthy looking penis! Everything else was healthy and I loved looking at his long spine.

My latest obsession is the Montessori approach to nursery furnishing and toys. I'm looking forward to making some of their gorgeous, natural mobiles and nappies when I'm back.

TJ and Chief Pancake Maker - I am very lucky to be in South Turkey. The heat is not as glamourous as it sounds and sourcing healthy food is tricky. I've neeeeever bought potato chips before but it's almost a daily indulgence now. I haven't put on much weight and I think my bump is only clearly noticable now so I'm happy to hear Coconnut is a healthy size.

Emnut - not nice to have the flu when you're pregnant! I really hope you're being looked after and following your instincts on what helps you at this time.

Bulafiji
- I've spent hooouuurs researching car seats as it's the main thing I'll buy new. I was interested in Target's current sale on a Mothercraft seat but it sounds too small. I've been keen on the Babylove Prelude - lasts until later years. http://www.productreview.com.au/p/gosafe-mirage-1.html gives good reviews of Mirage. If you find a good price, please let me know. Also - I sent you an email with general info, let me know if there's other info you're interested in.

I bought my first baby items online at Big W yesterday - a pool for the waterbirth and a triangle pillow for my sleep and feeding (so glad I've been sleeping with pillow between legs to avoid back pain). Can't wait to start nesting in 5 weeks!

Take care everyone!

#28 mellmatho

Posted 22 June 2012 - 03:06 PM

Congrats to everyone who has had recent scans and found out the gender.

We had  our scan today and are expecting a gorgeous princess.!

#29 BulaFiji

Posted 22 June 2012 - 05:26 PM

chiefpancakemaker - 7kgs is great, I will check out that pram thanks for the info.  Good idea to wait and c what stuff you will get, Im sure you will get lots of clothes, I just couldnt help myself!
christmascoming- congratulations on your baby boy yeah original.gif all the best to your friend, I pray that baby makes it all the way after everything that she has been through.  Enjoy cruising inyour new car zoom zoom!
franno - thanks for the info I will contact Comgateway and see if they can freight it to Australia.  I have to be quick.  I cant believe all the US shops that stock it wont deliver to Australia.
charletsmum - I will check out Steelcraft cruiser going shopping again this weekend, thanks for the info.  Dont feel bad about being over the wedding, its hard work arranging a wedding and I dont blame you to feel more excited about the baby.  Once your wedding day is here you will be in cloud 9, enjoy the special day and your honeymoon original.gif
Turqouise - yeah a Boy, there are a number of us in this threat that are having boys original.gif Congrats.  Thanks so much for the info you gave me its so helpful your the best.  There is so much to learn and we can never have enough info!  Thanks for the link on mirage however that review is on the Gosafe mirage which is different to the one that I looked at, Infasecure Mirage 2010, the 0 to 8.  Apparently that car seat has only just arrived in shops so I couldnt find any reviews on it.  However Im thinking like some of your ladies how can one seat be tall enough as a booster seat for an 8rold.  I need to borrow an 8yrold to try it out!

I had my obst apt today.  He said the pelvic pressure that I am feeling is normal and the constant peeing is normal too.  I dont have a low lying placenta which is good even though I feel like the baby is sooo low.  Baby is pushing on my bladder and its so uncomfortable I feel like I need to pee all the time, hope this passes as I cant get much shopping done in the loo! LOL.  

Have a good weekend ladies original.gif

#30 Heather-Elizabeth

Posted 23 June 2012 - 11:46 PM

T.J - I have my ultrasound on Tuesday, my GP/OB wrote it for me last time I saw her. I am going to book in to hospital on the 7th now. At least I think that's when it is. I might double check when I am there on Tuesday for the ultrasound.

Hopefully something is in my file to give me some answers. If not, I will talk to my doc. She will tell me what exactly happened. It's hard to remember all the stuff because everything was so surreal at the time.

Congratulations to those who have found out they are having boys or girls, or those who have just found out their baby is healthy.

It's my son's first birthday tomorrow, so we are having a party down at the park. The in-laws have come up for it and brought my SIL. We try to avoid her when we can. She had 3 kids in 3 years and had them taken off her by DoCS, and now, 3 years later she is pregnant again and due a week after our baby Storm would have been. So I don't really want to have much to do with her......

Other than that I hope the party goes well. I suppose I should get to bed so I can manage tomorrow.

#31 Turquoise1

Posted 25 June 2012 - 03:38 PM

Ooh everyone's quiet - maybe a busy weekend...or you're all in the FB group? I know there are advantages but I love using EB as an alternative to FB...it feels softer somehow. Guess I'd better get on it.

Fiance is working on a yacht for a week so I'm keeping up the research and reading to distract me from missing him. After these weeks, I'll be a busy bee so now's my time to learn all the little details to help with the birth and baby. My latest interest is baby beanbags - look so cute.

I hope you're all well and able to rest often - love my bursts of energy and then down time. My mission is to find somewhere quiet to swim this week. I'll talk with my potential doula tomorrow - if we click, she's in.

Take care everyone.

#32 emnut

Posted 25 June 2012 - 06:13 PM

Turqoise - meant to say I hope you get a great home water birth - I wish I could have a home birth but it will be c/section for me.   I won't be joining the FB group as FB is not good for me (I spend far too many hours procrastinating & playing stupid games so have a self-imposed ban).   How much longer until you are back over here?

EDZ - hope you had a good party

BulaFiji- glad all you are feeling is normal

Mellmatho - congrats on the gorgeous princess

I've had a very quiet weekend - still sick with flu that's caused a swelling of my vocal chords & means I can't stop coughing until I'm vomiting (happens every single winter).  Tried to make an appointment with my usual gp who has been the only dr to be able to help it at all only to find there are no appointments available with her until August  cry1.gif .  Have an appointment with a different gp tomorrow but so annoyed since I can't even tell the gp that I want the same treatment as last time since it isn't suitable when pregnant.  Hopefully it will be somewhat better so I can go back to work tomorrow after seeing the dr.

Edited by emnut, 25 June 2012 - 06:14 PM.

#33 monkey83

Posted 25 June 2012 - 07:21 PM

Hi All,

I have not posted for quite some time so just as a refresher I am due with number 2 on 18th November. I have been trying to keep up and read but never get the time to post. First DD had pneumonia a few weeks back then I was sick with a nasty flu, along with being busy at work time has just flown by.

We had a scan last week when I was 18 weeks, however they prefer to do it at 20 weeks as the bub is a bit bigger. I would of happily booked for then but as I have an Ob appointment tomorrow I thought I would get it done before then. Although I can't complain they did do a quick scan last week and then next week we get another one.

Bub was all healthy so that is the main thing. We found out what we were having with DD but this time around we are going to leave it as a suprise. Both DH and I would love one of each but a little sister for DD would also be great so it makes so difference as long as they are healthy.

Congrats to all those with scans and finding out the gender.

Well I am on night shift tonight so I better get back to it.

Monkey original.gif

#34 Ms_Jae

Posted 25 June 2012 - 07:31 PM

Evening ladies.. Wow it is quiet here. original.gif

Had my booking in appointment today.. FINALLY... Hate waiting.. lol
Took awhile mainly paperwork and getting all my appointments right up until birth etc. Got a referral for ultrasound and blood tests. Cant wait for my next scan. Hope they get me in soon.

Nugget has been quiet active mainly when I am resting on the couch of a night.

Hope you all are well original.gif Belly rubs..

#35 franno

Posted 25 June 2012 - 09:13 PM

Hey everyone, I am still reading updates but using the FB group more. It's easier to comment on someone's post than trawl back for personals.

Monkey I was like you. I wanted a girl and got one first time around so this time either a boy for one of each or a sister for her - win win. If the first was a boy then I would be disappointed as I really wanted 1 girl.  In recent threads i have seen a few where people are saying "whats so great abut having a girl" but i never read the threads. Did find out though - it's a boy. Your poor DD, that must have been scary??

Emnut - that cough sounds terrible I really hope you get it sorted soon.

My detailed scan is Wed.

I am halfway today - wahoo - 20weeks!!!

Ciao for now .....

#36 Ms_Jae

Posted 26 June 2012 - 10:41 AM

Made an appointment for my ultrasound for my 18-22 week scan.. I am a bit confused as to why it will take an hour and a half? The admin lady making my app said something about check the twins? Last scan I had was only one. Why would my scan last that long??
Its in 3 weeks time so I am eager as anything now to have it.

#37 lady_Mosh

Posted 26 June 2012 - 10:56 AM

morning ladies!

Had my big scan yesterday- everything is looking great! Was so lovely to see the baby dancing around in my belly, even if it was a bit frustrating for the sonographer to get clear measurements at times original.gif

And it looks like my DD will have a little sister to boss around!! I'm really surprised as i had a strong feeling that it was going to be a boy, but i'm really happy!!! Also it means that i can pull out all of the gorgeous clothes that DD had again.

I think my DH is a bit sad as he's one of 3 boys so grew up with endless cricket and footy games and wanted to have that same experience. I said he's even luckier - he can play all of those games with his DDs and then get a manicure or makeover after too!

Good to read that most people are feeling well and sending get well soon vibes to those who have fallen victim to the nasty bugs floating around.

Welcome back Monkey! We've had a nasty run with colds in our house too, but nothing as nasty as pneumonia. Hope your DD has recovered!

Turquoise Did you find a place to swim?? Terribly jealous - it's so cold here in melb that the mere thought of getting out in my bikini is making me shiver. How are you going with furnishing your nursery? You're overseas arent you?? is it difficult to find montessori type furnishings/toys over there?? We've tried to keep with that approach with our DD. Toys that stimulate imaginative play etc. They're all the toys that have lasted better than the plastic ones or the ones that are battery operated that were mostly given as gifts.

Storm girl - our appointment yesterday went for just over an hour. They really take quite a bit of time to measure each arm and leg bone, the spine, head and all the organs. It's probably my favourite scan as you get to see so much and see how much fun they're having in your tummy. Sometimes also the baby turns around so they cant see what they need to measure, so then they have to wait for them to turn around again. With DD1, i had to get up for a walk and have sugary drink to get her moving a bit into the right poses- that appoint took way over 2 hours! I think the lady on the phone was mistaken with the twins bit!

Might wonder onto that FB group and see what all the fuss is about  biggrin.gif

Speak soon!

Nat

Edited by lady_Mosh, 26 June 2012 - 11:00 AM.

#38 Ms_Jae

Posted 26 June 2012 - 11:22 AM

Where do i find the fb group? All i get is the EB page with not much there..

#39 ~MakkaPakka~

Posted 26 June 2012 - 03:42 PM

Had my scan today and it is a BOY original.gif

Everything is looking perfect except bubba is measuring ahead.

My first scan was measured at 7 weeks, next one, NT was spot on for dates, but now I am measuring 5-6 days ahead.   huh.gif   I am freaking out a little that this will be one big bubba.

#40 Spring Chickadee

Posted 26 June 2012 - 03:51 PM

Storm Girl, PM me a link to your FB page and I'll add you as a friend then to the FB DIG group. It's set as a secret group and is not managed or linked to EB.

#41 Ms_Jae

Posted 26 June 2012 - 04:13 PM

Ok hun.. Ty

#42 Jaime79

Posted 26 June 2012 - 05:55 PM

Hi ladies    
I'm not sure if you will remember me as I only posted a couple of times right back at the beginning. I have been reading but the last few weeks got away from me and as I am nearly halfway I am going to endeavor to post a lot more often otherwise it will be over before I know it and I do like being part of a DIG  biggrin.gif

I am going to go back and read a little way and then I shall be back!
Jaime x

Edited by Jaime79, 26 June 2012 - 05:57 PM.

#43 Turquoise1

Posted 26 June 2012 - 06:16 PM

Spring Chickadee - 3 failed attempts at PMing sad.gif I can just post my name on this thread. I don't mind if you all know who I am.

Stormgirl -  I think it's great you feel your nugget having a party down there. Mine feels very subtle but reassuring. Last night my belly felt heeeavy for the 1st time.

Emnut - Oooh you're having an awful time. Too much for a blooming lady! I really hope you get the care you need pronto...and reach out to everyone to help you right now - this is your time of need! Thanks for the home birth congrats - the more I read, the more certain I am. I talk with my potential doula in 30 minutes. I'll also do a calm birthing course - so many EBers rave about the value of the classes (also relevant to C-section Mums I think). Ooh I can't remember if you asked me something...I'm back in Melbourne early August via Bali!!!

Lady Mosh - I've been slack on the swim hunt - so hot I hide out in the coolish room of this pensyon and compile all my birth and baby research. Today I bought some awesome eviro-friendly sandwich wraps and lunch bags (on sale for 3 more days). No purchasing here - all online (birth pool - Big W, nappy bag - Gumtree). The great thing about Montessori is it seems so inexpensive and natural...so most of my research has been what I can make when I'm home - bring on their lovely mobiles! It's also changed my thinking about the necessity of a cot and other items that can limit movement. I have awesome websites if anyone's interested in their funky nurseries.

Bulafiji - it's been lovely sharing info on email. I forgot to mention about prams. When I lived in London I used a deluxe Stokkes pram for my nannying work - for me, nothing compares as yet...I definitely want a 3 wheeler but I'll settle for any compact, cool looking thing. Pram that takes a capsule sound so clever but may end up tp expensive for me - I'll probably go 2nd hand pram/stroller and new car seat. (The Stokkes pram is roughly $700 snd hand in Oz!!!)

I'm missing fiance...only occasional texts now that he's entertaining an elderly, active Spanish group on a yacht. I warned him they wouldn't go to bed early! (Usually 3am - he can practise sleepless nights now original.gif Lots of alone time but that will all change in a few months.

Thanks for being there as a group of people I can connect with!

#44 whatnamenow

Posted 26 June 2012 - 06:20 PM

Spring chickadee  i really want to join the FB DIG but for me pm on here has never worked.  Even if you send me one when i send one back it just goes back to the person blank.  Is there anyway around this?

I finally finished work 5 min ago and now have a blissfull week off to go and get married this weekend ( not ).  It is full of last minute organising crap.  Including trying to get other people to come (7 people have cancelled on me at this late minute,  3 of which for a very very good reason as on my other half's side a mum who was 8 months pregnant lost the baby ) My DP just also announced that he has enough money in his account to pay for the ring but not any of the other accounts he already agreed to cover.  Like usual he is sticking his head in the sand... ARGGHHH.

Anyway time for me to head upstairs to my comfy couch and maybe even have an early night.  I'm buggered.

#45 catty81

Posted 26 June 2012 - 06:55 PM

Hi girls,
I'm not so good at multi tasking - I check the FB group heaps but I keep forgetting to come to EB.

Congrats on everyone who has had their scan.  If you found out what you're having I hope you got what you were hoping for!  

I am finally half way there.  Feels like I have been pregnant forever, I can't wait for my due date!

hugs to all

#46 Ms_Jae

Posted 26 June 2012 - 07:20 PM

Turq- I know how you feel.. I look huge for only being 19 weeks and I feel heavy.

Jaime - Welcome back original.gif Hopefully the next half of the pregnancy goes quick for you.

Charlottesmum - Good luck with your wedding hun.. biggrin.gif

Catty - I cant wait until I am due either. I dont have any patience at all.. lol

#47 emnut

Posted 27 June 2012 - 12:31 PM

Yay I finally feel half human again.  Me being sick I think was affecting baby a bit because today he/she is a lot more active than over the past week too  biggrin.gif .  Now to spend time trying to find a solution to my mental health plan update issues (normal gp not available until August, have just had my 6th psychologist session for the year so need it updated but has to be done by usual gp & can't afford full out of pocket for my psychologist).  At least in the meantime because of my work I have some access to assistance but geez it makes me feel for anyone who doesn't trying to negotiate the crappy mental health system in this country.

Charlottesmum - good luck with your wedding - hope the day is beautiful for you guys.  How sad for the family of the baby.  Nice of DP to bring the lack of finances to your attention now you poor thing.

Turquoise - hope your fiancĂ© is home with you soon.  I know you have mentioned stuff about organising visas & things for him before - will he be here with you when you come over while the other stuff is sorted out?

MakkaPakka - glad everything it looking good.  If we combine yours with mine we'd probably have an average size lol.

TJ - yay to someone  noticing.

Hi to everyone else

#48 mellmatho

Posted 27 June 2012 - 07:42 PM

Ive been posting in the fb group, but thought I would update here too.

Had my scan on friday last week, bub is measuring a few days behind but is growing great.. and we are expecting a girl original.gif

#49 Simmi31

Posted 27 June 2012 - 08:19 PM

Hi everyone
It's been ages since I have posted on here. I have been reading everyone's posts but just haven't had anything interesting to report. Our 20 week scan is scheduled for Tuesday. Fortunately, my Mum is visiting from Melbourne next week so we are going to surprise her by getting her to come to the ultrasound with us. I can't wait to see bub again. I'm keen to join the FB group but I can't PM. Is there anyway I can join the FB group?
Happy to hear that everyone is doing well original.gif

#50 Ms_Jae

Posted 27 June 2012 - 08:25 PM

Im still waiting for a link or something for the FB group.. Can someone let me know also how to be involved?
Thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

'My parenting style is Survivalist'

A helicopter or tiger mum, I am not.

8 mums reveal their favourite nappy bags

We asked a bunch of mums which nappy bags they love the most.

Why you shouldn't bother throwing a big first birthday party

If you're feeling the pressure to host an all-out, over-the-top shindig for your baby's birthday, I hereby grant you permission to throw the rules out the window.

The 24 baby names on the verge of extinction this year

If you're on the hunt for the perfect baby name and don't want a chart-topper like Oliver or Olivia, then do we have the list for you.

'My mum doesn't seem that interested in my baby'

Q: My mother and I have always been close, but now that I have a baby, she has not helped out as much as I thought she would.

New guidelines: "Bottle-feeding mums need support too"

Breast is best, but mums who can't, or choose not to breastfeed need support too.

Dads also struggle to 'have it all', study finds

Men and women both experience work-family conflict.

Language development may start in the womb

Study found babies can recognise foreign languages before birth.

Meet the baby born from an embryo frozen for 24 years

Experts say little Emma is a record breaking baby.

Advertisement

Advertisement

From our network

Five things you need to know about flu and pregnancy

As the 2017 flu season begins in earnest, here?s what you need to know to protect yourself and baby.

Mum tips to keep your pre-baby budget in check

Money might be funny in a rich man's world (or so ABBA told us), but for the rest of us it's a major consideration – particularly before having a baby.

5 easy ways to make your maternity leave last longer

Maternity leave is a special time for you, your partner and your new little bundle. The last thing you want is for financial worries to stand in the way of that joy.

10 ways to keep your 'buying for baby' costs down

Becoming a parent is full of surprises – not least of all finding out that, for such small beings, babies cause a lot of chaos and expense.

5 ways to prepare to go from two incomes to one

Here are some ideas for getting that budget in shape, ready for being a one income family.

Baby Names

Need some ideas?

See what names are trending this year.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.