- - - - -

Win Telestrations - the hilarious Chinese Whispers drawing game!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
68 replies to this topic

#1 EBLeearne

Posted 06 June 2012 - 10:09 AM

We are giving you the chance to win one of 5 Telestrations board games – fun for the whole family.

Looking for a new party game that the whole family can enjoy? Crown & Andrews is proud to present the Australian release of the new award-winning drawing game, Telestrations.

For more information, visit, www.telestrationseffect.com

Prize:
5 x Telestrations board games valued at $39.95 each.
Total prize value being $199.75.

How to enter:
For your chance to win just reply below with the answer to the following question in 25 words or less: “What was the best board game you’ve played and why?

T &Cs pinned in competition forum.
Competition commences Wednesday 6  June 2012 until Wednesday 4 July 2012.

#2 Tarshy77

Posted 06 June 2012 - 10:28 AM

Playing a game called "Articulation" with a big group of friends - It's a bit like pictionary but you have to describe the word instead.  Leads to LOTS of laughs as it's quite difficult to describe some words without using the word - people get flustered and more tongue tied.

#3 Jax12

Posted 06 June 2012 - 01:18 PM

TROUBLE!  With the pop-amatic bubble!  Ended in tears a few times, but as kids we couldn't get enough!

#4 mfor

Posted 06 June 2012 - 02:42 PM

As a kid, my sister and I loved playing Monopoly. We could play the same game for weeks at a time (a bit every morning before school). We even had to create $1000 dollar notes and would give each other loans just to keep it going longer!

#5 Baroness Bubbles

Posted 06 June 2012 - 02:49 PM

Splat! with the playdoh flies. My brother and I would play for hours. At that age, it was the only time we ever got along

#6 mmuc

Posted 06 June 2012 - 04:27 PM

snakes and ladders! Hours of fun going alternating between playing with 1, 2 or 3 dice!  Taught me how to add and subtract!

#7 richar0

Posted 06 June 2012 - 05:29 PM

My family always loves a good game of Monopoly, although I'm not sure we have ever finished a game, as it always ends with an argument!

#8 bixter

Posted 06 June 2012 - 05:30 PM

The best boardgame I've played has to be good old Monopoly.  Would like to see one top it! original.gif

#9 stressless

Posted 06 June 2012 - 07:12 PM

Backgammon because it is not usually overly long to play and the whole family can play, even when the children are too young to understand the concept of the game they can always help you roll the dice!

#10 ALEJA

Posted 06 June 2012 - 07:23 PM

Balderdash! Hearing the unexpected creative answers from my friends had me in fits of laughter.

#11 spog777

Posted 06 June 2012 - 09:47 PM

Trivial Pursuit not only got the brain cells ticking but certainly raised many a person's blood pressure as well. We spent many a cold night sitting by the fire and playing

#12 trebambinibelli

Posted 06 June 2012 - 09:55 PM

Trivial Pursuit - finally there's a game where my useless facts like what the lung capacity of an African canary is actually becomes useful!!

#13 soninicole

Posted 06 June 2012 - 10:14 PM

I used to love playing Cluedo... Friday nights were 'Game Night' at our house and we always played Cluedo while eating Vegemite toast. Ah, the memories!

#14 TopsyTurvy

Posted 06 June 2012 - 10:17 PM

Razoo! Sadly it wasn't around long but I loved it because my daddy invented it, which in my eyes made it the best game ever. original.gif

#15 monkeywong

Posted 07 June 2012 - 12:33 AM

Balderdash. What a great way to use your creative side.

#16 ~ky~

Posted 07 June 2012 - 03:45 AM

Children's Trivial Pursuit - it was fun watching my 5yo beat everyone else! Much hilarity  laughing2.gif

#17 neeta

Posted 07 June 2012 - 11:34 AM

BOOGLE I love the ability to spell different words from single letters.  This game looks like heaps of fun.

#18 trixh

Posted 07 June 2012 - 01:31 PM

Charades. It can make you creative finding the exact gestures just so your partner can make the right words out of it. Simple words aren't so simple anymore when you can't say it outloud.

#19 Crap Napper

Posted 07 June 2012 - 01:43 PM

I love Cluedo. I'm such an old fogie at heart biggrin.gif

#20 FeeGee

Posted 08 June 2012 - 11:37 AM

I have wonderful memories of playing Scrabble with my dad every Saturday afternoon when I was in primary school and I was delighted to win many times. I thought I was so clever until years later when mum hinted that dad would let me win.  I still cherish those memories.

#21 adnama

Posted 08 June 2012 - 12:08 PM

Balderdash is my favourite game although no one ever wants to play.
I love celebrity heads as well always a laugh

#22 missblonde20

Posted 08 June 2012 - 12:29 PM

Balderdash! It's hilarious and so much fun - you basically have to call someone's bluff and it involves white lies too!

#23 Drop Dead Fred

Posted 08 June 2012 - 01:40 PM

Snap - a good chance to slam your fist on the table and yell at the same time, it's all justified in the name of the game  wink.gif

#24 Hellohellohello

Posted 08 June 2012 - 01:44 PM

Lego board games are a huge hit at our house at the moment, also we enjoy playing crazy board games my son makes up himself.  biggrin.gif

#25 Natct

Posted 08 June 2012 - 11:43 PM

My man can't spell, that's great for me, my favourite games Scrabble and his is cheating.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

'My parenting style is Survivalist'

A helicopter or tiger mum, I am not.

8 mums reveal their favourite nappy bags

We asked a bunch of mums which nappy bags they love the most.

Why you shouldn't bother throwing a big first birthday party

If you're feeling the pressure to host an all-out, over-the-top shindig for your baby's birthday, I hereby grant you permission to throw the rules out the window.

The 24 baby names on the verge of extinction this year

If you're on the hunt for the perfect baby name and don't want a chart-topper like Oliver or Olivia, then do we have the list for you.

'My mum doesn't seem that interested in my baby'

Q: My mother and I have always been close, but now that I have a baby, she has not helped out as much as I thought she would.

New guidelines: "Bottle-feeding mums need support too"

Breast is best, but mums who can't, or choose not to breastfeed need support too.

Dads also struggle to 'have it all', study finds

Men and women both experience work-family conflict.

Language development may start in the womb

Study found babies can recognise foreign languages before birth.

Meet the baby born from an embryo frozen for 24 years

Experts say little Emma is a record breaking baby.

Advertisement

Top 5 Articles

Advertisement

From our network

Five things you need to know about flu and pregnancy

As the 2017 flu season begins in earnest, here?s what you need to know to protect yourself and baby.

Mum tips to keep your pre-baby budget in check

Money might be funny in a rich man's world (or so ABBA told us), but for the rest of us it's a major consideration – particularly before having a baby.

5 easy ways to make your maternity leave last longer

Maternity leave is a special time for you, your partner and your new little bundle. The last thing you want is for financial worries to stand in the way of that joy.

10 ways to keep your 'buying for baby' costs down

Becoming a parent is full of surprises – not least of all finding out that, for such small beings, babies cause a lot of chaos and expense.

5 ways to prepare to go from two incomes to one

Here are some ideas for getting that budget in shape, ready for being a one income family.

Baby Names

Need some ideas?

See what names are trending this year.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.