February DIG Questionaire
A Get-to-know-you Kind of thing :)

• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

#26 mumatelle

Posted 15 June 2012 - 06:35 AM

DF Age: 29

TTC Since: on and off since dec... stopped worrying about it and this time i fell pregnant!

Been with partner: 9 years

Married: 3 years

How did we meet: through a friend

Children: one little boy, 22 months

Industry I work in: retail... it's not too bad though, actually don't mind my job!

Interests/General Info: really when i'm not working i spend most of my time with my son, playing games, reading books, having fun! occasionally get a chance to catch up with friends without toddler in toe but am a bit of a granny these days, how the times change!! love to shop, read, sew, garden, cook and see my boy happy original.gif

#27 Wrenny

Posted 15 June 2012 - 12:47 PM

DP Age: 33

TTC Since: April this year

TTC History: Conceived 1st month of trying!

Been with partner: 10 years

Married: Yes

How did we meet: Through friends.

Children: This will be our first.

Industry I work in: Health

Interests/General Info: Reading, travelling (not sure how much I'll be doing of that in the near future!), watching movies (have to be DVDs only next year!), going to nice restaurants (again, will have to put that on hold) cooking, gym, yoga, walking, using my new ipad. I've always loved babies, even from very young. I even had imaginary babies when I was about 9 or 10, instead of imaginary friends. (You can laugh at me!) So, I'm looking forward to my baby being my main interest for a while.

Picture of Me: biggrin.gif   (I smile a lot!)

#28 crazy4u

Posted 16 June 2012 - 08:44 PM

Ok here goes..........

My age: 26

DH age: 26

TTC since: This was our first cycle - very lucky original.gif

Been With Partner: 8 years

Married: Yep, almost 2 years

How did we meet: At a mutual friend's 18th birthday party

Children: 14 month old twin boys - loves of my life original.gif

Industry I work in: SAHMumming at the moment. Was studying law and psychology pre-babies, but planning on earning a Grad Dip in Education now and primary or special ed teaching.

Interests/General info: Ummmm way too many to mention I think. I'm a bit all over the place - I have an Advanced Diploma in Dance, a Bachelor in Psychology, have started half a law degree, worked in childcare, (as well as retail, hospitality, customer service) love singing, reading, movies, fashion, travel, but mostly playing with my two baby monsters!!!!!!

Too shy for a pic - but there's plenty on fb original.gif

#29 melzy02

Posted 18 June 2012 - 11:30 AM

Excellent idea  biggrin.gif

DH AGE: 33

TTC SINCE: First cycle

TTC HISTORY: Started trying last August and found out we were pregnant in January but had a MC in March.

BEEN WITH PARTNER: 6.5 years

MARRIED: Yes

HOW DID WE MEET: At my sisters wedding

CHILDREN: Yes we are William who is 3.5

WORK: Yes I work full time as a Nurse in Operating Theatres.

INTERESTS/GENERAL INFO: Probably really boring! haha! Enjoy being with family and friends. I really like baking but DH and DS aren't into sweets so I don't do it often. I try to get to the gym to make myself feel a little better  rolleyes.gif oh and I enjoy shopping....

PICTURE: too difficult but Im on FB so they are all there.

#30 hillplain

Posted 18 June 2012 - 03:31 PM

DP Age:

TTC Since: August 2008

TTC History
: Me Thyroid Issues 2010 for 12 months all sorted now. Husband Morphology only 2%. First round IVF HA ICSI May 2012. 3 Eggs collected, 2 fertilised, 1 transferred at Day 3 (9 cell) no frozen embryos.

Been with partner:  12 years

How did we meet: Pub/friends/polocrosse

Children: This is first pregnancy. We have 13 dogs and 22 horses, 5 cats and cattle.

Industry I work in
: Irrigated Agriculture. I am a senior consultant for and Irrigation Survey and Design company also undertaking Enviromental Issues and Statements.

Interests/General Info: Working Dogs, Horses and breeding. We play polocrosse (poor mans polo), Tentpegging (Australian Representitive) and am the Aust Grader and on the Aust board, photography and take up 1000 photos every weekend. In my spare time I read books, love music whilst I am driving and catching up with friends.

Picture: I have no idea how to do this!

#31 StJerome

Posted 20 June 2012 - 02:51 PM

DP Age: 29

TTC Since: 2 weeks ago lol

TTC History: Seem to fall preg at drop of a hat.

Been with partner: 10 years

How did we meet: Pub

Children: This will be #2

Industry I work in: School Librarian

Interests/General Info: Reading biggrin.gif

You're not seeing a pic Tounge1.gif

#32 Jsinha

Posted 20 June 2012 - 05:19 PM

DH age: 32

TTC: January 2012

Married: Yes, for 1 year.

How did we meet: At a party.

Children: 2 precious dogs.

Industry I work in: Government        

#33 DanielleSupa

Posted 20 June 2012 - 08:31 PM

TTC Since: Feb 2012

TTC History: Been TTC since Feb, i was on the pill before then. My OB thought i might have endo, and was actually booked in for a lap surgery in 2 weeks... then this little peanut popped up original.gif

Been with partner: 2 and a bit years  llove.gif

Married: Nope

How did we meet: We met through mutual friends.

Children: This is our first! so i'm feeling pretty nervous and anxious that everything is going well.

Industry I work in: Construction

Interests/General Info: Love keeping healthy (thats gone out the window this week haha) and running etc. A good book, and a quiet weekend playing with the 2 puppies.

#34 Faith86

Posted 21 June 2012 - 02:50 PM

So here goes
Age: 26DH : 27 (DH is husband right?)Location: Newcastle NSWTTC: we have been trying since February 2011 TTC History: first pregnancy .. Periods irregular so it's been a long process of being on ovulation sticks and trying to keep track.. After deciding to not try n go to dr this month to get everything tested found out we well.. I was carrying a rose quartz polished stone - which i was told increases fertility  maybe it helped?? Been with partner: 2007How we meet: meet in the Philippines. My husband is Swedish n he was visiting his dad who lives there and I was also visiting family . Knew each other 6 days n I came home saying I met the "0ne" kept in contact for a year n made plans to meet back over there and for him to come on a working visa here.  2 working visas later , a painful visa process,  a wedding n now a baby on the way... Couldn't be happier..Work: casual primary teacher and retail assistant Interests / general info: traveling, netball, scuba diving, reading, baking, being with friends and family... But nothing better then a relaxing night on lounge watching a movie in warm clothes (especially this time of year)
Not sure how to post photo

#35 imthemomma

Posted 21 June 2012 - 09:50 PM

DP Age:  25.

Location:  Sydney for 3 more weeks, then country NSW for 6 months. Hopefully settling down South Coast NSW in time for bub though.

TTC Since:  January 2011.

Been with partner: Two years.

Married: If it's ever legal wink.gif

How did we meet:  Through a friend.

Children: This will be our first and only. <33

Industry I work in:  Child care currently, but I'm studying psychology via correspondence.

Interests/General Info: I'm in a same-sex relationship, I get to be the SAHM/housewife, which I LOVE! biggrin.gif I like reading. I'm currently on a big health kick/lifestyle change. (Very overweight and unhealthy - no way to live!) Um.. I like creative stuff like photography and scrapbooking, and really want to learn to sew! I'm obssessed with kids and am over the moon about FINALLY being pregnant!!

#36 Joan10

Posted 21 June 2012 - 10:48 PM

Hi everyone! Excited to do this, and it's my first post in the DIG February 2013!

DP Age: Husband is 26

TTC Since: May 2012. I have irregular cycles and in fact in the past two years, I've only ovulated about 3 times each year. So when we wanted to ttc, we approached a fs. Best decision we've made, because in our first month trying, we got a bfp.

Been with partner: Together for a total of 5 years and 1 month.

Married: Yup - very happily married now for almost two years.

How did we meet: Met through church.

Children: This will be our first! We are extremely excited.

Industry I work in: In the financial industry, but as a trainer. So more like, the education field.

Interests/General Info: I tend to be a stress-head, and assume the worst so I'm not too disappointed when the worst does happen. I'm starting to learn, that declaring that kind of negativity is just not helpful or healthy, so I'm trying to remain really positive right now. (Just so easy to fall back into bad habits again though..). Trying not to stress and say .. "what if this happens?.." and "what if that happens?".

#37 am_I_ebaholic?

Posted 22 June 2012 - 05:05 PM

DP Age: 40

TTC Since: June 2011

TTC History:

Been with partner: Since May 2011

How did we meet: Through hubbys exwife

Children: This will be our first (we have a combination of 8 between us)

Industry I work in:I do Personal Shopping (work for Woolworths)

Interests/General Info:Really dont have a life outside of work and my family.

Picture of Me: if i knew how to do it I would LOL

#38 Becstarinator

Posted 22 June 2012 - 07:08 PM

DP Age:

TTC Since
: For a very long time (2+ years)

TTC History
: PCOS, and 2 rounds of clomid

Been with partner:  13 years

Married: No, maybe next year

How did we meet: My sister told me she knew the perfect guy for me.  They had been in the same grade at school.  We went tenpin bowling as a group and a few months later we were a firm couple. Oh and I was his first and only girlfriend original.gif

Children
: 4 year old son (will be 5 in October)

Industry I work in
: I have a childcare background and my Bachelor in Psychology

Interests/General Info: I like to scrapbook but haven't done a whole lot of late.  Exploring Geelong and the surround after only moving here at the start of the year.  Reading autobiographies.  Was doing the couch to 5 km running program but have been advised by the doctor to slow it down so no more running until after the baby is born.

#39 penwardo

Posted 22 June 2012 - 10:20 PM

ge: 30

DP Age: 31

TTC Since: since feb/march 2012

TTC History: nothing to report yet - here's hoping for healthiness!

Been with partner: 6 years

Married: 18 months

How did we meet: at a mutual friends birthday and we've been inseparable ever since

Children: none

Industry I work in: marketing
Interests/General Info: I love the outdoors, the beach and hanging out with my family. I work very hard and can't wait for a well deserved break!

#40 perth21

Posted 22 June 2012 - 10:24 PM

TTC: 1 month (stressing about whether or not I might be able when we tried: several years!!)

Been with partner: 4 years

Married: will be in 5 weeks!  Hope the dress still fits....

How did we meet: Working in a small town in the Kimberley in remote WA.  A very romantic place to fall in love!

Children: This will be our first but we have a cat who adopted me whist we were working in the Kimberley.  Relocated her to Perth and she has been the perfect "surrogate" child for me to spoil.  A bit worried about my success as a parent if her behaviour is anything to go by....

Industry I work in:  Healthcare - it is quite hard to adjust to being a "patient"!

Interests / General Info:  Realise when answering this that I have spent too much time working in the last decade!  Like keeping fit and love walking.  Have always loved travelling, come from the UK and have worked and lived in Asia as well.  Already trying to figure out if I will be able to get "home" to see Mum at Christmas complete with bump!!!

#41 Just green apples

Posted 24 June 2012 - 12:53 PM

DP Age: 36

TTC Since: May 2012

TTC History: DD first try, this one's the same

Been with partner: 12 years

Married: Yes, 11 years this year  happy.gif

How did we meet: Ireland, summer holidays

Children: DD turned 2 in May

Industry I work in: Education - ESL teacher

Interests: Reading, looong baths, skiing and I'm obsessed with Henry VIII  

General Info: I'm Polish and DH is Australian. I love the fact that my DD is bilingual :-)

#42 nurserobin

Posted 24 June 2012 - 08:40 PM

DH Age: 30

TTC Since: Oct 2011

TTC History: DD first try, We had success on our 9th cycle this time.

Been with partner: 7 years

Married: 3 years

How did we meet: Working at a local supermarket

Children: DD will be TWO in August

Industry I work in: Nursing, I'm a RN1 at a local private hospital in an Oncology Ward. Love my job, I work 5 days per fortnight there.

Interests: Shopping, Walking, Swimming, Gardening,

General Info: Love being a Mum and Wife, love my family. So excited to be welcoming a new baby into our family in Feb 2013.

#43 kimliz

Posted 25 June 2012 - 02:25 PM

My Age: 35

DH: 35

Location NSW

TTC # 3 since dec 2011. BFP jan 2012, missed miscarriagea followed by D&C 6/3/12. BFP may 2112( first try after D&C)

Married: 8 years

How did we meet: high school originally and then at the local pub 4 years later

Children: DS 6 on Thursday DD 3 and a half

Industry: primary teacher (perm part time)

Interests: my kids!! Photography (mainly of my kiddies) tv junkie. Pre pregnancy I loved goin to the gym, especially to do zumba.

#44 maybeonemore

Posted 25 June 2012 - 06:44 PM

DP Age: 32

TTC Since: December 2011

TTC History: Early Miscarriage 4.5 weeks 3 months ago

Been with partner: 8 years, married for 5 this year

How did we meet: Work

Children: DD will be 3 in August

Industry I work in: Defence Full-time i also am a newly graduated Enrolled Nurse and do shifts on weekends occassionally. Staying in defence until this baby comes along for 3 months paid mat leave original.gif

Interests/General Info: Up until now i havent had time for hobbies as such as i work FT, studied FT as well as family/life! I do enjoy computer games, tv, cooking, spending time with family and friends.

Picture of Me: Pass sorry

#45 hmmm...

Posted 25 June 2012 - 07:27 PM

DP Age: 40

TTC Since: May 2012 (first month!!!)

TTC History: none

Been with partner: 9 years, married 3

How did we meet: at a friends party

Children: DD is 13 months

Industry I work in: Insurance

Interests/General Info: Music and festivals

Picture of Me: Pass also

Edited by hmmm..., 25 June 2012 - 07:27 PM.

#46 babycat

Posted 25 June 2012 - 07:57 PM

Hi all, thought I'd add to this -

DP Age: 41

Been with partner: 7 years, married for 5 1/2

How did we meet: at a pub in the UK

Children: 2, DS1 - 3 yrs 10 m; DS2 - 19 m

Industry I worked in: Veterinary Nursing - been a SAHM since before DS1

#47 Ringarosy

Posted 26 June 2012 - 11:01 AM

DP Age: 28

TTC Since: nov 2011

TTC History: none

Been with partner: 9 years, married 3 1/2

How did we meet: in a recording studio through a friend

Children: only the one on its way!! Due feb 17

Industry I work in: Music

Interests/General Info: Music and usually food ( not at the moment..)

#48 PeanutButterTurtle

Posted 18 July 2012 - 03:14 PM

I'm jumping on the bandwagon too original.gif A little late, as I only found out on Monday and had scan confirmation today!

DH Age: 35

TTC Since: May 2010

TTC History: 3 previous m/c at 5.5-7 weeks.

Been with partner: 7 years

Married: Not yet!

How did we meet: Local CFS brigade

Children: Three fur-kids - 2 dogs and a cat

Industry I work in: Childcare - I'm currently nannying for a beautiful 11 month old. I'm studying Mid, although will be having next year off as I can't imagine studying with a newborn is going to be much fun!

Interests: Hiking, camping, travelling, rallying - I'm very outdoorsy!

#49 Liah

Posted 19 July 2012 - 12:45 PM

DP Age:

TTC History: Nil, this one was an unexpected surprise!

Married: No

How did we meet: Working at the same nightclub - he was infatuated by me for almost a year, until I finally agreed to going on a date with him Tounge1.gif

Children
: No children, just my beautiful cat original.gif

Industry I work in
: About to start my last semester at uni studying a double degree, mining engineering and pure maths.  Work at a mining company in the planning department doing a lot of scheduling for them and currently doing my thesis with them as well!
Also bar tend in a nightclub on the weekends.

Interests/General Info: Not much to say here, my life up until now has been consumed by work and study...I also tutor high school students as a bit of a hobby, I would love to be a teacher, but the family wouldn't be impressed by the career choice.  I love sports as well, am an avid AFL fan (West Coast Eagles!!!) and used to play guitar (don't have much time anymore).  I enjoy cooking but don't have much time for it usually.  Most of my spare time is devoted to family and friends.

#50 Twoinblue + pink

Posted 03 August 2012 - 08:33 PM

DH Age: 31

TTC Since: Was not trying

TTC History: It took us 2 years to fall pregnant with our first son, 14 days with our second son and we didn't know this one was on the way...

Been with partner: 9 years

Married: 7 years

How did we meet: We went to the same high school but only connected years later when we met up again when he started working with my Mum.

Children: DFD1 5, DFD2 3, DS1 2, DS2 1

Industry I work in: Primary teacher (still on maternity leave after 3 years! original.gif )

Interests: Reading, kids

General Info: Love being a stay at home mum to 4 gorgeous kids!

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users

'My parenting style is Survivalist'

A helicopter or tiger mum, I am not.

8 mums reveal their favourite nappy bags

We asked a bunch of mums which nappy bags they love the most.

Why you shouldn't bother throwing a big first birthday party

If you're feeling the pressure to host an all-out, over-the-top shindig for your baby's birthday, I hereby grant you permission to throw the rules out the window.

The 24 baby names on the verge of extinction this year

If you're on the hunt for the perfect baby name and don't want a chart-topper like Oliver or Olivia, then do we have the list for you.

'My mum doesn't seem that interested in my baby'

Q: My mother and I have always been close, but now that I have a baby, she has not helped out as much as I thought she would.

New guidelines: "Bottle-feeding mums need support too"

Breast is best, but mums who can't, or choose not to breastfeed need support too.

Dads also struggle to 'have it all', study finds

Men and women both experience work-family conflict.

Language development may start in the womb

Study found babies can recognise foreign languages before birth.

Meet the baby born from an embryo frozen for 24 years

Experts say little Emma is a record breaking baby.

Advertisement

Top 5 Articles

Advertisement

From our network

Five things you need to know about flu and pregnancy

As the 2017 flu season begins in earnest, here?s what you need to know to protect yourself and baby.

Mum tips to keep your pre-baby budget in check

Money might be funny in a rich man's world (or so ABBA told us), but for the rest of us it's a major consideration – particularly before having a baby.

5 easy ways to make your maternity leave last longer

Maternity leave is a special time for you, your partner and your new little bundle. The last thing you want is for financial worries to stand in the way of that joy.

10 ways to keep your 'buying for baby' costs down

Becoming a parent is full of surprises – not least of all finding out that, for such small beings, babies cause a lot of chaos and expense.

5 ways to prepare to go from two incomes to one

Here are some ideas for getting that budget in shape, ready for being a one income family.

Baby Names

Need some ideas?

See what names are trending this year.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.