Due in November, 2012 Chat Thread #8

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
93 replies to this topic

#76 whatnamenow

Posted 14 June 2012 - 06:58 PM

hi all lovely due in november ladies...

I have seriously lost track for most personals but have been reading.  Feeling really good at the moment as things are finally going ahead quick and fast.  I have my scan tomorrow so hoping to find out that we are correct in what we are having ( or sheepishly aplogise to bubby for calling it the wrong gender for the last few weeks ).  I have my first OB and midwife appointments in a few weeks and 2 weeks to go till i get a week off to go and get myself married.

Hope everyone else is keeping well.

#77 Chief Pancake Make

Posted 14 June 2012 - 08:16 PM

On the coast just popped in to say how happy I am that your results came back clear - the waits seems so long, such a relief for it to be over and to be able to enjoy things.

#78 franno

Posted 15 June 2012 - 09:24 AM

It was quiet for a while after the flurry of 12w scans till now time for the 19w scans (except in Singapore they are 20w scans so mine isn't till 27th). I had some spotting Wed night and freaking out. Was at the ob first thing yesterday she checked baby is fine, cervix fine, spotting stopped (it was only Wed night).

Placenta is low so she said something the edge of that could cause a bit of spotting but basically nothing to be done.

So I rested for the day and did a lot of wiping and back to work today.

I was just thinking how smoothly this one has gone. DD I had spotting 5w then big bleed (haemotoma) at 9w then a big bleed at 36w. Then 2 miscarriages and I was thinking on Tues, wow this has gone so smoothly for me till bam. I was terrified of miscarriage and still am. I know it s a boy and I have brought up large then spent Wed night thinking it all might come to an end. It's amazing how precious a pregnancy is really.

Edited by franno, 15 June 2012 - 09:25 AM.

#79 chic mummy

Posted 15 June 2012 - 10:07 AM

Hello ladies, i have been trying  to stay up to date although got a little lost in everything hehe. now i haven't posted in a very long time so ill re introduce myself again.

My bub is due 24th November and i am currently at home thanks to my back pain (already) i know it will get worse. this is my first little bub and my husband and i are extremely thrilled and excited and can't wait.

I booked into the hospital last week and i have my 19/20 week scan the 29th June which i cannot wait for. hopefully bub isnt shy and we can get a peek at whether or not it will be a girl or boy - so very excited.

ill be reading more and posting more so hoping to get along with everyone  happy.gif  

charlottesmum04 - how exciting for your wedding, all the best xx

Franno - im sure and i am hoping everything will be ok - your bubby boy will be just fine =)

#80 catty81

Posted 15 June 2012 - 11:57 AM

Morning girls.

Our scan went well - baby is perfect!  The sonographer we had was quite grumpy and said 18 weeks is too early, even though my sister who works there checked with the head sonographer who said it was fine.  Baby had it's legs crossed for most of the scan but we did find out the sex.  The sonographer seemed quite positive but i'm not 100% convinced just yet.

MissLizzie - welcome back!  sorry to hear you are stuck at home with back pain.  hope it gets better for you.

Franno, how scary that must have been.  Am thinking of you and hoping everything is ok.

Charlottes mum - how exciting that you are getting married!  Are you all organised?

On the coast - so happy to hear your scan went well and you have the all clear.  I hope you can now relax and just enjoy your pregnancy!

TJ - I never really thought of it as people being supportive.  Thank you for making me see that.  Though with my sister I suspect it is out of jealousy as she has 5 boys and has always wanted a girl.  As soon as I announced my BFP she said "don't have a girl".

I think we probably will end up telling people what we are having.  Yesterday I had such an influx of sms's and phone calls asking me to tell.  I felt it was pretty rude, we barely had a chance to enjoy the moment ourselves.  Now I feel so pressured and stressed.

Having a pyjama day today doing absolutely nothing and loving it!  Hope everyone has a great weekend!

#81 whatnamenow

Posted 15 June 2012 - 01:59 PM

Its a babygirl.gif !!!!!
Was wonderful to see her.  They were even able to count her finger.  At one point they were looking at the placenta then suddenly into shot came a hand all outstretched and she actually waved at us!

The couldnt check out everything as she wasnt co-operating very well so we have to come back at 22 weeks.

#82 BulaFiji

Posted 15 June 2012 - 03:15 PM

christmasiscoming - thanks for the congratulations original.gif I am so excited now that I know the sex I do feel a stronger connection I have felt the baby move and I just cant wait to start to put the baby room together, there is so much to do and shop for but its all exciting. All the best for your mothology scan its so great to be able to see all the fine details of the baby like each finger etc.

charlottesmum04 - congratulations on your baby girl original.gif

MissLizzie - Feel sorry for you, its awful to have back pain.  I have been waking up at 5am with a sore back and find it hard to go back to sleep, I cannot imagine what my back will feel like later down the track.  Once I have a shower in the morning the back pain eases.  We could do with a daily massage!

Franno - sorry to hear what you have gone through.  Im preying that all goes well with your little man Im sure he is doing just fine original.gif

I woke up this morning with sore back and tummy, it feels like stretching pains.  My tummy has been feeling so tight and I have been getting sooo hungry lately but getting full quickly.  My tummy has grown overnight, Im feeling bloated like Im going to expload but still feel like I want to eat! Cant believe my little boys appetite!  I met my 3rd year student midwife shes lovely and she was full of information, she said I could call her anytime.  She is going to come along to all my apts, seeing my obst next Friday. Going baby shopping this weekend for the first time how exciting!

#83 meifong16

Posted 15 June 2012 - 05:00 PM

misslizzie - Just realised both you and I are in quite a similar boat!!! My baby is due on the 23rd Nov and it's our first little bub too!!! original.gif my 19th/20th week scan is booked for the 2nd July. Seriously can't wait as both hubby and I want to find out whether our little dragon is a boy or a girl biggrin.gif

charlottesmum04 - Congratulations on your little baby girl!!!! You must be so excited biggrin.gif

Lately I feel my stomach is getting very tight...and I feel bloated after every meal as well. Is anyone using any form of cream or oil to reduce stretch marks? I'm only using body butter from the bodyshop at the moment. I hope that is enough  unsure.gif

#84 emnut

Posted 15 June 2012 - 08:29 PM

Franno - how scary for you. Hopefully it is "just" the low lying placenta & nothing to worry about

TJ - good luck finding some maternity wear - I didn't end up with any with my pregnancy with DS & don't need any as yet this time either

Melfong - I think with stretch marks you are either prone to them or not so not sure how much influence creams etc make.  I love body butters though

Bula - sounds like a good fit with your midwife

Charlottesmum - congrats on your lil girl.  Sounds like ours not cooperating for everything to be checked properly

catty - glad the scan went well.  There is probably a range of reasons for people wanting to know the sex - my mum asked if she could peek in our envelope though

Onthecoast - what a relief for you to get the all ok.  So happy for you

Hope everyone else is well - that is as far back as I can see

AFM still plodding along though came home early from work since I was struggling so much.  One of the psychiatrists at work today told me that she is a bit concerned that I have a bit of ante-natal depression, which wouldn't surprise me at all, so had an appointment with my psychologist to talk about it a bit.  Looking forward now to a busy weekend working when feeling out of sorts myself - always a fun thing.   In a strange way though happy that I am just feeling out of sorts in my mind rather than having any physical issues if that makes any sense at all

#85 tanglez

Posted 16 June 2012 - 12:18 AM

My goodness, that is not a flurry of posts that is a whirlwind! Wow!

EDZ - That must be so difficult for you and to be honest, it doesn't seem very fair, but having been part of the whole contract system myself I know that it is anything but fair sad.gif I hope you are doing okay otherwise and can find a way to make things work out for you and your famil. Thinking of you!

Argh, I had so many other personals in my head but... they have now gone. Congratulations to everyone who has had their scan! It is such an exciting time! I have no idea how people are able to not find out, OR to find out but not tell anyone! Like a PP (bulafiji I think!) I could hardly sleep from excitement!

Wow, that means we areall around the halfway mark, how the time has flown!

#86 Batmansunderpants

Posted 17 June 2012 - 09:18 AM

T.J - I am so excited too! My scan is at 9am thankfully so not long to wait.
I found Target had cargo pants with elastic waists which I think I will be able to wear for a while yet.

Emnut - it's good to get on top of antenatal depression early. Hopefully it gets much better for you.

Meifong16 - I have heard that there isn't much you can do to prevent stretch Marks. You either get them or you don't.

Charlotesmum - congrats on a healthy girl!

Catty81 - congrats on. Great scan. Do what you feel comfortable doing!

Sitting here feeling definite kicks and feeling a bit emotional.

#87 tanglez

Posted 17 June 2012 - 11:04 AM

Oh maternity clothes are a pain, they ae soooooo expensive even in the cheap stores lol! I did manage to get some bargains at target last weekend though, got a pair of black work pants, grey cargo pants, maternity tights and a top for $80, it is a good start! I can still get away with most of my tops, though have bought a cpl longer singlets to go underneath as some tend to rise up now!

I am still bouncing around with post scan excitement! It has actually been strange adjusting from saying "it" to "he", but I am sure we will get used to it suer fast.

Emnut - you always sound like such a together woman and yet again you have shown how self reflective and proactive you are! Sounds like you have everything in place to deal with whatever is going on for you, wishing you all the best! May you find some peace and sparkle again real soon.

Bulafiji hope you enjoyed your little shopping spree original.gif

TJ hope you found something nice and comfy! (Emnut I can't believe you didn't need any, that is amazing! At 21 weeks my belly already enters the room before me, and is not shy about announcing its presence lol!)

Miss Cookie ENJOY those kicks!!!

Meifong I have been using a moisturising cream by Herbon but I am in no way convinced it will help with stretch marks, it just feels nice and is a lovely ritual for bonding with bubs!

Belly rubs all round and all the best to those still waiting for their scans BELIEVE ME I know how long the wait feels lol!

#88 Spring Chickadee

Posted 17 June 2012 - 12:07 PM

HI Everyone. Sorry I've been so slack updating in this thread i end up busy for a few days then end up feeling abd replying unless i can go back and read everything to do a proper reply.

Things have been busy and stressful here, but all is smooth with the pregnancy. Bump is growing and I'm feeling Kicks.

A few of us were interested in a FB Dig page. I know for me its easier on my Iphone to have a quick browse and repsond the indervidual posts then EB is great for the updates and chatting.

It seems there is not one of these set up and a few members are interested so  I've started a group.

It's set as seceret so it other people cant see that you are a part of the group or what you post in it so there is a greater level of privacy than on EB. It is also not searchable so I will nee dto add you to it.

I can switch it to a closed group if anyone would prefer.

Please PM me your Full name on FB and what your profile picture looks like if you would like me to ad dyou to the group.

#89 annie82

Posted 17 June 2012 - 05:52 PM

Hi all - wow it is hard to keep up with everyone, everything is moving so fast now original.gif I hope everyone is going well.

Spring Chickadee - I tried to message you re the FB page but I think something is wrong with PMs right now - will try later.

Congratulations to everyone who has had their scan - I can't wait, mine's not til 7 July (due 28 Nov) so I feel like I'm a bit behind most of this group, although it's great to see how things are going for everyone (gives me a sneak peek of the next few weeks!)

Emnut- it's great someone spoke to you about how you're going, it can be so hard sometimes dealing with things on your own. I hope talking to someone really helps.

Are people really being hassled so hard about finding out the sex? I don't have a very close family but wow that seems just so rude!  I mean to ask is one thing (almost just polite) but to demand to know? I don't think so.

Does anyone else feel like they've lost part of their brain lately? The last week I have just been less "sharp" at work than usual; it takes me longer to remember things, I forget basic stuff (like a water bottle sitting on the kitchen bench that I remind myself to take one second, then the next I'm off without it), and I'm fumbling/dropping thing a lot.  I read that you actually lose some brain cells during pregnancy (!!!!! OMG) but that they come back in the couple of months afterwards (at which time you can't use them because of exhaustion and fatigue lol).

I use bio-oil on recommendation of a friend who swears by it (alternating with cocoa butter when I can't be stuffed dealing with messy oil), but apparently stretch marks are actually genetics/diet/exercise based. I figure it can't hurt though.

Does anyone else here have step kids? I have two, DSS (8) and DSD (12). The live with their mum and are with us every second weekend and one weeknight. It creates its own dramas during pregnancy, I seem to be much less tolerant (although mainly this is with DSD's attitude which I've struggled with for years). We all get along fine but she's started "trying it on" by disobeying, disappearing to her room for hours, doesn't lift a finger (for god sakes, at 12 you can put your plate in the dishwasher). Today when I made her dad tell her to eat some fruit before dinner (she ate cake and deep fried food for afternoon tea and no fruit or veggies all day), she said she'd just go home to her mum's for dinner then. DH says it's "normal teenage behaviour" but I tell myself that just can't be true (please tell me it's not!)

*Sigh* all part of the tapestry of life I guess.  

I hope everyone had a lovely weekend xx

#90 Batmansunderpants

Posted 17 June 2012 - 08:20 PM

Tanglez - maternity clothes are so expensive! I find target the best at the moment but there isn't much out there that is cheap.
I am very thankful for any movements.

Springchickadee - I feel the same about massive personals. FB is much easier and have finally got a PM to you.

Annie - yep, baby brain here too. I have never fully recovered my brain from my first pregnancy yet but heres hoping I recover.

No step kids here, but I can imagine how difficult a blended family is without the added stress of pregnancy. Your hormones must be going nuts at the moment. Sometimes I get so unreasonably angry at my husband for no reason. Thankfully I hide it mosly but I still feel bad.

My scan is tomorrow. My mum is coming to help with our son so doubly excited.

#91 franno

Posted 18 June 2012 - 09:35 AM

Hi everyone,

Although I am in Singapore the clothes here don't fit me and although they stock Australian labels they don't stock big sizes. Not all the time so I wear dresses to work. Took my chances and went onto Ripe maternity and ordered maybe about 5 dresses. I thought they were so reasonable - they were mostly close to $100 each. Also, not obviously maternity so I might be able to wear them after.

I started to feel bubs this week :-) after my scare Wed night I think I started feeling him Thurs. the most obvious was Sat night when I got some serious sommersaults and kics. Scan not till 27th so a wee while away.

I need to get my cream out its sitting in my wine fridge :-) I brought some clairns stretch mark cream when I was pregnant last may which never got used hence storing it in the fridge. I do think it's genetics with the stretch marks however, I think cream can't hurt and can possibly help. My Mum has terrible stretch marks and I am prone on hips, thighs and boobs. Yet with my first I used clairns oil and bio oil mostly twice a day and I was massive by the end (3.9kg baby) and not a mark. I partly attribute this to the creams. Although my belly stayed larger afterwards it wasn't the wrinkly skin belly that I am sure I'll get this time.

#92 Ms_Jae

Posted 18 June 2012 - 09:48 AM

Morning ladies,

Nothing happening lately.. Next Monday is my booking in appointment at the hospital. About bloody time I say.. Seems like forever. Will be back later.. biggrin.gif

Belly rubs

#93 catty81

Posted 18 June 2012 - 10:20 AM

Morning girls.  Hope everyone had a great weekend.  I did nothing and it was fantastic!

Franno - must be awesome to feel your little man moving around after having a scare!

Annie - I have one stepson who is 11.  I can totally understand your frustrations!  Mine actually lives with us full time and sees his mother every second weekend.  I have never gotten along with him and now me being pregnant and short tempered really doesn't help the situation.  I think your DH is right though, all teenagers go through this phase of really pushing limits and their parents patience.  Try to hang in there.

Misscookie - Good luck for your scan today.  I'm so excited for you and I hope it goes well!  

I haven't bought much in maternity clothes yet.  The ones I have seen are so blah boring or way way to expensive.  I bought a baby belt or belly belt or whatever it's called.  That has been my lifesaver since about 12 weeks when I started to really pop out.

That's all my scattered baby brain can handle this morning.  Big fat hugs to everyone!

Have a great Monday original.gif

#94 ~A2~

Posted 18 June 2012 - 10:46 AM

Thread closed

New thread here

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

'My parenting style is Survivalist'

A helicopter or tiger mum, I am not.

8 mums reveal their favourite nappy bags

We asked a bunch of mums which nappy bags they love the most.

Why you shouldn't bother throwing a big first birthday party

If you're feeling the pressure to host an all-out, over-the-top shindig for your baby's birthday, I hereby grant you permission to throw the rules out the window.

The 24 baby names on the verge of extinction this year

If you're on the hunt for the perfect baby name and don't want a chart-topper like Oliver or Olivia, then do we have the list for you.

'My mum doesn't seem that interested in my baby'

Q: My mother and I have always been close, but now that I have a baby, she has not helped out as much as I thought she would.

New guidelines: "Bottle-feeding mums need support too"

Breast is best, but mums who can't, or choose not to breastfeed need support too.

Dads also struggle to 'have it all', study finds

Men and women both experience work-family conflict.

Language development may start in the womb

Study found babies can recognise foreign languages before birth.

Meet the baby born from an embryo frozen for 24 years

Experts say little Emma is a record breaking baby.

Advertisement

Top 5 Articles

Advertisement

From our network

Five things you need to know about flu and pregnancy

As the 2017 flu season begins in earnest, here?s what you need to know to protect yourself and baby.

Mum tips to keep your pre-baby budget in check

Money might be funny in a rich man's world (or so ABBA told us), but for the rest of us it's a major consideration – particularly before having a baby.

5 easy ways to make your maternity leave last longer

Maternity leave is a special time for you, your partner and your new little bundle. The last thing you want is for financial worries to stand in the way of that joy.

10 ways to keep your 'buying for baby' costs down

Becoming a parent is full of surprises – not least of all finding out that, for such small beings, babies cause a lot of chaos and expense.

5 ways to prepare to go from two incomes to one

Here are some ideas for getting that budget in shape, ready for being a one income family.

Baby Names

Need some ideas?

See what names are trending this year.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.