Due in Feb, 2013 Chat Thread

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
138 replies to this topic

#51 Mishka79

Posted 07 June 2012 - 08:46 AM

Hi all,
Big congratulations to everyone!!
My hubby & I have been trying for a few years now, have no other kids, and have just done our first ivf cycle.
We also got our first  BFP.gif !!!
It is still early days, I think I am due about 8th! My hcg levels seem to be rising but nurse said not as much as they would like, so I am just crossing every finger & toes until my next blood test on the 13th.
Good luck to everyone  yyes.gif

#52 LittleJacksonOne

Posted 07 June 2012 - 10:03 AM

Hi ladies just thought I'd pop a note in here quick incase people dont see the other thread, if you'd like to join the facebook group please click on this link https://www.facebook.com/groups/120843478053494/
and after sending a request to join, send Elly or myself a PM (via EB or FB) to let us know your full name so we only accept request from our friends in this group original.gif

#53 LittleJacksonOne

Posted 07 June 2012 - 11:30 AM

summers- thats great numbers! It meant to double every two days and that is more than trippling! So be happy with that original.gif. Also I'm 21 but will be 22 when bub is born original.gif the cramps are very normal, ive had them most days for two weeks, it is all the muscles around your uterus stretching to get ready for your rapidly growing uterus original.gif I've put you down for the 12th as I am 4+4 and due the 11th hehe

Mishka79- yay for getting your BFP! You must be sooo excited hehe so glad for you! FX your numbers jump up original.gif

THis is my first too ladies so hopefully we can learn alot from the experianced ladies hehe

#54 Lickety Split

Posted 07 June 2012 - 01:44 PM

Hi! Congrats to all the BFPs!

I went to my GP today and got bloods done but won't know the result until the week after next.

That's all my news!

#55 timeformore

Posted 07 June 2012 - 02:09 PM

Hi! It's exciting to see so many of you in here already!

I am 4weeks-ish! Depends which calculator you use apparently original.gif Due either 10th or 13th Feb! I have booked a dr appt for saturday so will confirm then!

I am 30 and have one DS with my husband. DS is 6 now but will be 7 about a month after this baby is born. Such a big gap that it's like starting all over again....which we will have too as we have almost no little baby stuff left!

I am so excited to get to know you all and have already been through and read all your posts. I am definately interested in the facebook page as I do find it easier once their are names and faces so I can remember you all properly! Will head over now and join original.gif

Looking forward to sharing this time with you all!

#56 Just green apples

Posted 07 June 2012 - 02:44 PM

Yay for the facebook page!

Had my dating scan this morning and everything looks good. They had to do an internal ultrasound because apparently I have a retroverted uterus and they couldn't see much. Too early for a heartbeat so I'm going back for another scan in 2 weeks' time. (Even though they said it was fine, I still picked up a pregnancy test on my way home, just to put my mind at ease).

I've also called the hospital (I'm going public this time round) to book in. The midwife said that it was a bit too early to book in but will send me all the paperwork anyway. I think I'm a bit too eager/organized because all I hear is 'it's too early' but I just can't help myself  happy.gif

#57 Nowfor4

Posted 07 June 2012 - 04:11 PM

Hi and welcome to to everyone who just got BFP's!

Littlejacksonone/Ellybelly, I requested to join facebook but for some reason it won't let me pm you! My name is Georgia Schembri

BTD, we were in the March 2010 due in group together!! Your secret is safe with me:)

#58 indigo99

Posted 07 June 2012 - 04:17 PM

Hi All

Looks like i can join this group!!

I am a little nervous had a m/c @ 11 weeks in March so to fall again so fast was a wonderful surprise.

This will be #2 for us, DS is 14 months

I think i am due 13th Feb

#59 mumma freedles

Posted 07 June 2012 - 05:40 PM

Hi all,

I'm out, unfortunately. The spotting on Monday turned into full on bleeding on Tuesday which hasn't stopped and my blood tests Tuesday & today show my hormone levels are dropping. So the poor little bubba's all gone.

Wishing you all the best in your pregnancies.

xxx

#60 NicNic85

Posted 07 June 2012 - 07:48 PM

Hi Girls,
I'd love to join if that's ok  original.gif Got my first BFP this week and still coming to terms with it but so happy. Only DH and family doctor know though I can't keep anything from my mum so she will soon. Already been referred to a obgyn and they've booked me in to a hospital which seems surreal. I'm only 4/40+4 so very early. Bit worried about the cramps I've been having but I think some are normal according to my doc. Also so tired, sore boobs, some nausea and craving the onion rings I just saw on masterchef!
My due date is 11/2/13. Hoping for a smooth 8 months for you all and looking forward to sharing the journey  happy.gif

#61 NicNic85

Posted 07 June 2012 - 07:50 PM

Oh mummafreedles I'm so sorry. Hope you have some time and space to recover and lots of love and support from DP.

#62 DC106

Posted 07 June 2012 - 08:18 PM

Hi everyone,
I'm new to this so please excuse my lack of knowledge with some of the terms used. I will be 6 weeks this Saturday the 11th June I think which means I am due about the 2nd Feb 2013.
I had an Ultrasound at 5week 2days and they could see a sac but not the embryo or heartbeat. Is this normal? I haven't gotten morning sickness yet but I've heard that's in week 6
It's great to join a group that are up to the same stage so thanks for letting me apart of this, great to meet you all.
DC106 original.gif

#63 astropossum

Posted 07 June 2012 - 09:09 PM

oh mammafreedles, so sorry to read your sad post. look after yourself xx

great to see all the new group members .... there are quite a few of us know, yay!

i am struggling with the flu so am off work, being snotty & gross... plus feeling nauseous and tired, quite a horrible combination. seems a few of us are poorly, my GP said lots of women c/o having weaker immune systems when they are pregnant...anyone else heard that? this is my first cold/flu in over 2 years!

just wondered what people's views are about AIR TRAVEL in 1st trimester ?
i have read a few forum posts, websites/books that say 2nd trimester is best for feeling better and miscarriage risk. but myself and DF have holidays booked late June/week 8. we're not locked in destination wise so am thinking maybe hawaii as its about 10hrs (from melb), as opposed to 24hrs to europe (our preference) - DF can only take time off work then so we're tied to the 8-12week timeframe. it seems some views are that if you feel ok, move about to avoid DVT and sit in the middle of the plane you should be ok flying. of course I am ruling out places when food hygiene might be dodgy ie: Bali/SE asia.
what do people think??? I would love some ideas/wisdom! rolleyes.gif

thanks in advance, Sarah

#64 dede79

Posted 07 June 2012 - 09:32 PM

Oh, mummafreedles, so sorry for your loss! Take care of yourself and hope you get another BFP again soon.

Sarah, I wouldn't worry too much about air travel. I flew in the first trimester last time for work, and plan to do so again in a couple of weeks. The only thing I remember is feeling sick, not vomiting but not loving the trip... See how you go and how you feel I guess.

#65 ~A2~

Posted 07 June 2012 - 09:43 PM

For those needing information on the FB group please see the other thread.

LittleJacksonOne - it might pay to have an email address in there as well as PM sometimes doesn't work for some.  If you add the information to your Due dates list it is also in every thread for newbies to see and make contact via pm/email not on the boards.

Thanks also for the mention regarding tickers, you are right, only one ticker is allowed in your signature at a time.

For members wondering how it works  the FB group is separate to this one so you are free to post here on FB or both, your choice, whatever works for you.

Regards

Ali

#66 astropossum

Posted 07 June 2012 - 10:44 PM

thanks dede79 for your travel feedback...
I am on some sites looking for a queensland island holiday now! DF is a bit worried about going o/s in case something happens...  he seems to think I'm like a delicate petal just now! i shouldn't complain, its kind of sweet. happy.gif sarah

#67 karlie.jane

Posted 08 June 2012 - 06:44 AM

Don't worry about travelling overseas and things astropossum as with both of my pregnancies the first one I was living in Canada at the time and decided to come home when I was 9weeks pregnant and with my 2nd pregnancy I went to Thailand when I was 11weeks pregnant and both of my DD are great. So I really think that it is all just personal choice they just advice you not to fly as a precaution just in case as they don't want to blamed for anything happening. But if you feel like you are going ok, why not enjoy yourself a little.

#68 Just green apples

Posted 08 June 2012 - 12:43 PM

We're going to Port Douglas on Monday, astropossum. We're in Melbourne so it's only about a 4 hour flight and we're still covered by medicare.

I think the biggest issue with going overseas (especially the US) would be getting adequate health insurance. Mind you, I went to Europe by myself when I was 20 weeks pregnant with DD  blush.gif and didn't have any issues. But then again it's that one in a million 'what if'...

Edited by beatka, 08 June 2012 - 12:44 PM.

#69 ~A2~

Posted 08 June 2012 - 01:55 PM

Update:  Hi girls I have been doing some research on the PM system and have put a little information post here in the forum for those having dramas with PM's.  

Hope it helps.

Ali

#70 Girlintheredshoes

Posted 08 June 2012 - 07:04 PM

Hi ladies! I just received my BFP two hours ago and still in a little shock as i have no pregnancy symptoms. I decided to buy a test while grocery shopping tonight as i realised i'm well over week since AF was due.
So here I am. original.gif DH is away tonight so i called him and he said his phone was just about to run out of battery so i blurted it out - not how I planned it all would happen lol!

I 'think' i'm due on 7th Feb
me 30 DH 30
i have a DS6 and this is #2
i live on the Sunshine Coast

I'm looking forward to getting to know you all!

#71 astropossum

Posted 08 June 2012 - 07:39 PM

Thanks karlie.jane and beatka for your replies about travelling....
I looked up insurance and it seems ok if your under 26wks.
But DF and I have decided to play it safe and stay in Australia, at least we have Medicare if anything happens interstate. I called my private OB who I've booked with and she and a midwife at the clinic seemed to think travelling is fine as long as you feel fine. Fingers crossed most of this awful tiredness and nausea will be on its way out by week 9 (when we hope to go away).
Saving $ on an international airfare means a luxury Whitsunday island holiday I think!
thanks again, Sarah wink.gif

#72 JacintaJayne

Posted 08 June 2012 - 10:51 PM

Hi there due 3rd of Feb biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

#73 Greatgene

Posted 09 June 2012 - 10:14 AM

My first baby is due on 14th Feb 2013... Valentines Day original.gif Am sooo excited and anxious at the same time.. To make things worse I have a nasty cold that won't go away sad.gif But i am Happy... So Happy biggrin.gif

#74 nattles88

Posted 09 June 2012 - 10:15 AM

Hi Everyone,

Have been stalking for a week as it felt too surreal to join the group already. I got my BFP last week and put myself at about 5 weeks. I am due around 9th Feb. I have a 13 month old daughter who I am currently still BF so I haven't gotten a period back yet so no idea on exact date.

Had an emergency scan the other day to rule out ectopic due to a history of them & they saw a tiny sac which would have put me pretty exactly on dates. Will be having a dating scan in about 3 - 4 weeks to check for heartbeat etc.

I have joined the facebook group as it is easier for me to get on there than here.

Hope it is all going well for you ladies x

#75 Megpie

Posted 10 June 2012 - 04:13 PM

Oh my goodness! Just joined this website & think I am joining this conversation!     I am due Feb 1, 2013. 1st baby. Super excited, we'd been trying for 12 months.  biggrin.gif Anyway I will post this & see if it works! Megpie x

Edited by Megpie, 10 June 2012 - 04:15 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

'My parenting style is Survivalist'

A helicopter or tiger mum, I am not.

8 mums reveal their favourite nappy bags

We asked a bunch of mums which nappy bags they love the most.

Why you shouldn't bother throwing a big first birthday party

If you're feeling the pressure to host an all-out, over-the-top shindig for your baby's birthday, I hereby grant you permission to throw the rules out the window.

The 24 baby names on the verge of extinction this year

If you're on the hunt for the perfect baby name and don't want a chart-topper like Oliver or Olivia, then do we have the list for you.

'My mum doesn't seem that interested in my baby'

Q: My mother and I have always been close, but now that I have a baby, she has not helped out as much as I thought she would.

New guidelines: "Bottle-feeding mums need support too"

Breast is best, but mums who can't, or choose not to breastfeed need support too.

Dads also struggle to 'have it all', study finds

Men and women both experience work-family conflict.

Language development may start in the womb

Study found babies can recognise foreign languages before birth.

Meet the baby born from an embryo frozen for 24 years

Experts say little Emma is a record breaking baby.

Advertisement

Top 5 Articles

Advertisement

From our network

Five things you need to know about flu and pregnancy

As the 2017 flu season begins in earnest, here?s what you need to know to protect yourself and baby.

Mum tips to keep your pre-baby budget in check

Money might be funny in a rich man's world (or so ABBA told us), but for the rest of us it's a major consideration – particularly before having a baby.

5 easy ways to make your maternity leave last longer

Maternity leave is a special time for you, your partner and your new little bundle. The last thing you want is for financial worries to stand in the way of that joy.

10 ways to keep your 'buying for baby' costs down

Becoming a parent is full of surprises – not least of all finding out that, for such small beings, babies cause a lot of chaos and expense.

5 ways to prepare to go from two incomes to one

Here are some ideas for getting that budget in shape, ready for being a one income family.

Baby Names

Need some ideas?

See what names are trending this year.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.