Due in Feb, 2013 Chat Thread

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
138 replies to this topic

#26 mumma freedles

Posted 04 June 2012 - 01:56 PM

Thanks for doing the list LJO!
epg & LJO- Double checking here too! I did 3 last weekend before I believed it and then another on Saturday... "just to check"

epg - I probably wouldn't worry about it being that long til you see your GP, but book in with an OB now. You can get a referral next week, but the best OBs tend to book up quick (unless you're going public) and I know when I was ringing around, some were on leave in Feb.

Sandra- Love it! I'm thinking of telling our parents & siblings like that. They're all interstate so was going to send packages with "don't open yet!" and then phone or skype so I could hear/see their reactions! Dad's visiting in 2 weeks so would love to great him with that, but DH wants to wait so we'll see!

dede
- I was 5 weeks on Friday. Came home from work & said to DH "1 week down, 7 to go". I'm sure it'll go quicker than we think, just feels forever now. It's so hard not talking about it!

dolcegabbana- so sorry it didn't work out. I hope you're ok. Good luck for next time!

AFM - I've been sooo tired. Not too sick yet, just occasional waves of nausea. Very moody and almost crying for absolutely no reason at work. And this morning had some really dark brown (nearly black) spotting. Not sure if I should be worried. It's a public holiday so I Dr Google'd to see if I should be rushing somewhere to be checked or not. Mostly sounds ok, so will mention to my GP when I see her tomorrow and just watch for today & hope it doesn't get heavier or turn red. *fingers crossed* Had a few cramps this morning, but nothing since, & I've been getting mild cramps (like stretching) all week on & off so hopefully it'll all be ok.

original.gif

#27 Lickety Split

Posted 04 June 2012 - 02:06 PM

Hi everyone

Mind if I join? Dh and I decided to start TTC #2 in April and got a BFP today. Due date is 16 Feb. I'm really surprised although so far everything has happened exactly the way it did with DD.

#28 bubba ship

Posted 04 June 2012 - 02:08 PM

Hi there! waves.gif Would like to join this group please!

I have a 19 month old daughter and now preggers with the second one due 2nd Feb 2013.

2/2/2013
bubba ship - DD-18mo, #2

Got a BFP 7 days DPO after only 3 months of trying. over the moon about it!
will have my first scan on 19 June original.gif

last month of trying, we included acupuncture and chiropractic services to the mix.

have had mild cramping since 3 DPO and have only got the sore b00bs today.
Mild headaches too, and sinuses are playing up again!

xx

#29 Babushka Doll

Posted 04 June 2012 - 02:35 PM

Hello!!

Due 8th February with our 3rd bub!

Only 4 wks + 3 days today.   No MS yet - thankfully!

#30 Lolly4ka

Posted 04 June 2012 - 03:43 PM

Hi Ladies!

Mine is due 2.2.13! or I think 3.2.13 if I'm on a 29 day cycle original.gif

Congrats to everyone original.gif Love reading all the posts. First time mum, so very excited original.gif Had blood tests done today, obstetrician appointment 11/7, day after my b day original.gif

Going crazy over what to eat so reading up a lot...Breasts are tender and tummy is slightly bloated, thats about all for symptoms original.gif... haven't told my folks yet...when is everyone planning on telling their families?

xxx

Lolly

#31 Babushka Doll

Posted 04 June 2012 - 03:57 PM

I told my close family the day after we got a BFP!  

This is the 3rd bub tho, with our first we waited until around 6 weeks.

#32 Lolly4ka

Posted 04 June 2012 - 04:27 PM

Thanks BD original.gif Congrats on your 3rd, you must be a pro now original.gif

So glad I found this group as its a little lonely not being able to share the news with gf's this early on...

I have a skiing holiday booked this long weekend ( I booked it last month, especially for 'trying' but got a surprise BFP last Tuesday! will probably have to take it easy now and avoid skiing... My 'yoga for fertility' DVD arrived today, which I had to relist on ebay  original.gif...

TTFN

#33 Just green apples

Posted 04 June 2012 - 07:55 PM

How funny Lolly4ka, we've got a 'trying' holiday booked for next week too  original.gif

We've told a few people about the pregnancy, close family and really close friends. I've never been through a loss but have supported a friend through a couple and figured I'd like some people to know just in case I was the one needing support.

Feeling really tired at the moment. I never had any morning sickness with DD so I'm hoping it'll be the same this time round but I now remember the tiredness... The best thing though is that I've started getting belly rubs from DH, oh how I've missed them  happy.gif

#34 btd

Posted 04 June 2012 - 08:17 PM

Wow this group is growing! It's going to be hard to keep up with you all biggrin.gif

So I got my bfp at 9dpo and did keep temping and poas'ing for a few days after as I had chem preg back in Jan. this is number 3 for me and I am still waiting to get super excited til I see the lil  hheart.gif Beating around 7 weeks.

No real symptoms to write about usually kicks in around 6 weeks for me too, the occasional smells get me and am peeing like a race horse. I've had the insomnia bad Bubble11 in previous pregnancies ( it's what alerted me to being up the duff with dd!)

I have booked in at the birthing suite at RPA Sydney and had bloods last week (hcg 490 at about 15dpo) and  I have the paper work for the ultrasound but want to wait til about 7 weeks.

Won't tell family until much later, I too am a bit nervous about what they will say /think even though I have been telling everyone I wasn't done with babies yet  blush.gif

Dolcengabbana so sorry it didn't work out this time bbighug.gif I know how tough it is

Big congratulations to you all and am looking forward to the next 8 months with you and our growing bellies I probably won't get to write often but will read regularly

Off to do some jobs around the house  waves.gif

#35 Nowfor4

Posted 05 June 2012 - 08:33 AM

Hi All,

Ok I'll join, with trepidation though, as I had a mc in March, so nervous about this time, bring on 12 weeks!
I got my bfp at 10dpo, which is unheard of for me, so hopefully that is a great sign. I also tend to get a cold and constipated before a bfp shows up so had an inkling.
This is my 5th pregnancy, 4th child, my kids are 8, 5.5 and 2.
Edited to add my due date 11th Feb

Edited by Nowfor4, 05 June 2012 - 09:53 AM.

#36 astropossum

Posted 05 June 2012 - 01:55 PM

Hello ladies, I am really happy to be joining your February club.
5 weeks today with my 1st, EB calculator says DD 4/2/13 and GP 6/2/13 so perhaps the 5th?! All booked with my preferred OB at the O&G consulting group, opposite FPH in Melb so happy about that. 1st appt booked for 8wks - fingers crossed til then. Bit nervous as GP didn't do blood or urine test last week when I went for referral letter.
Is that common? I did 3x HPT's last week though, just to be sure - all positive!
Tired last week, swollen boobs & slightly nauseous but not now. a nasty cold instead!
No cold & flu tablets for me, ginger tea & honey huh.gif , kind of works!

#37 zach'smum

Posted 05 June 2012 - 09:06 PM

Hi Ladies,

Astropossum Congrats on your first! I haven't had blood tests or anything with my GP for any of my bubs, only a referal. New GP this time round though as my GP since I was a kid has moved to QLD. Will prob book in in a week or two. My OB appointment isn't until 19th so plenty of time :-)

Nowfor4 Another going for number 4! Yeah

Dolce So sorry to hear about your dropping HCG  sad.gif

beatka Enjoy those bellyrubs!

Lollyka Congrats on your first! Yes it is nice to be able to chat on here whilst we still keep our big secret!

mummafreedles Hope all is ok. I know what you mean about the tears. I was catching up on Offspring the other night and I was a bubbling mess!

epg I am not going to my gp for a week or two, as I only go for the referal to the OB. But wondering with this big flu on the way whether I should be getting the flu vaccine.

dede I know I want to tell a few people at work but I know the word will spread so holding back. I am fluey at the moment and everyone keeps telling me to take some codral or something, I just smile politely lol

btd Reading you getting to know you you sound just like me lol. Sydney, Finance industry, hubby 1 day older, no family nearby, work fulltime  biggrin.gif

ME Not much change here have had minor uncomfortable belly for a few days. Boobs feel a bit firmer. HUNGRY. and getting exhausted easy (even more so than chasing 3 kids) Will be booking into Sydney South West Private again for this bub. My daughter was 5 2 weeks ago so enjoyed baking. This week I am making Pokeball cupcakes for school and a Pikachu cake for my sons 8th birthday party next week.

Have a great night  original.gif

Edited by zach'smum, 05 June 2012 - 09:23 PM.

#38 dede79

Posted 05 June 2012 - 09:28 PM

Hi all,

Zach's mum, you're so go doing all those personal messages! I'm a bit lazy.

Astropossum, i went to my GP today and she didn't do bloods either, just urine test to confirm I wasn't crazy and was indeed pregnant... Have to call the birth centre tomorrow to book in, and the ultrasound place too.

Now I'm freaking out a bit as I just found out (on another EB thread) that using an electric blanket increased chances of miscarriage and I've been using mine heaps in the past week (freezing here). So many things to watch out for, isn't there?

Alright, better go to my cold bed if I want to get up for the gym before work (not sure how long that motivation will last).

#39 Babushka Doll

Posted 06 June 2012 - 08:58 AM

Hi Girls!

Hope everyone is going well.   Lots of 3rd time mummies here too!!  

I am working full time until I go on leave in December, so I don't get a chance to reply all the time or do personals - BUT I do try to read all the posts.

Dede79 & Astropossum - Same happened here, went to the GP to have a blood test (was low in iron in my last two pregnancies) and he said no BT until 9 weeks or so!    So I guess when they do the blood work that goes with the NT scan they will check for all that stuff.

Am booking in for a dating scan in week 7 - can't wait to see bubs HB  hheart.gif     Had some very slight pinkish mucus yesterday and have been cramping a bit so a little worried, but I did have the same thing before and know that if its not red and gushing its usually nothing to worry about.    I still have huge sore BB's and am very tired - so a good sign!

Ahhh the joys of being pregnant!!

Take care ladies

XX

#40 btd

Posted 06 June 2012 - 09:46 AM

Ah and so it begins...baby brain setting in early, just realized when I got to work I had put on my dress back to front  ddoh.gif And a terrible cold has kicked in too might take a duvet day tomorrow as have a funeral this afternoon and a training course on Friday then away with friends on the weekend - dreading the pretending to drink - my girlfriend already accused me of being pregnant after I used the antibiotic excuse with her last week!

Yes many on their 3rd and 4th bubs so a wealth of knowledge here!  I am hoping transition from 2 to 3 is easy I've heard such mixed reviews...

Zachsmum I thought that too original.gif

Personals are a bit hard on my phone but love reading all the updates

Oh I am sooo tired too come early arvo - cant stop yawning hope work colleagues don't catch on biggrin.gif

#41 Lcasey

Posted 06 June 2012 - 02:16 PM

Hi ladies,

I am really happy to be joining this discussion. I have 2 boys DS1 is 4.5 years old, DS2 is 3years & 1 month. And bub #3 is due 5th February 2013.  ddance.gif

I actually didn't think we were going to end up having another one. We have gotten rid of 99% of our baby things (only have the cot as it converts from newborn all the way down to a lounge for my boys, a little stroller for DS2 when he gets tired on walks and the change table as DS2 is not quite out of nappies at night) so we have the fun of getting everything again (I can't deny it... I love baby shopping...so I'm not heartbroken lol)

We had decided that we would try for a third after a good 3-4 months of talk, then DH got cold feet halfway through the month, so we stopped.... Too late (lol ) we were already pregnant. DH was absolutely thrilled after he got over the hysterical OH  ffear.gif  giggles. He has already gone out and gotten a new pram that will lay flat for bubs and a set of bunks for our eldest 2 so bubs can have its own room and DS2 doesn't associate loosing his room with bubs.

DS1 has already started asking questions... Little mite must have been hiding the other night (as he does on occasion) and heard us talking as he turned to me in the car yesterday and said "Mummy, do you have baby in your tummy?"  blink.gif  that kid is too observant for his own good. lol had to do a redirection there... I know as soon as he knows, everyone will. Never have I met 2 boys who like to gossip like my 2. lol

Any whose, I look forward to sharing this journey with all of you  hheart.gif

#42 Babushka Doll

Posted 06 June 2012 - 05:27 PM

Just out of curiosity   unsure.gif  has anyone had GDM in a previous pregnancy?    I just passed with DD, but had it with DS (thankfully no insulin needed).   So I guess I'm in the running to have it again.  

Any advice re: keeping it at baby second time around would be greatly appreciated!

#43 Mummy Tomo

Posted 06 June 2012 - 05:31 PM

Hi everyone biggrin.gif
I've been going to join this thread for about a week, but I held off for a few days, just until I'd been to the doctors for the confirmation etc etc original.gif I'm still pretty hesitant and cautious (not about joining this thread, I cannot wait to share this journey with you all!) but because things are still a little bit 'iffy'....however not to be a party pooper on my first post, I will instead say, congratulations everyone!!! biggrin.gif I hope your bubbas are sticky and keep growing and getting bigger and stronger every day original.gif
I'm off to fill in the intro quiz - brilliant idea!
Talk to you all very soon original.gif
Mummy Tomo XO

#44 cheekychickadees

Posted 06 June 2012 - 08:26 PM

Hi everyone new to topic did HPT last Wednesday got positives did 2, then went to the doctors today had blood tests and then went for a scan which says I'm due 3rd of feb2013, anyway im not telling many people til after 12weeks.
I've got 2 girls already a 4 year old and 2 year old. Now I'm going to sit back and read the thread.

#45 ellysbellys

Posted 06 June 2012 - 08:47 PM

Hellllo ladies! Congrats to you all !!!!

I am pregnant with my 3rd child! abit of a surprise for us, as only planning the two, concieved on my birthday, So a special little present from my partner original.gif By my calculations i am due on the 1st of feb.

I have a 3 year old Daughter and a 11 month old Son.

I am thinking, as im not great with using forums!, setting up a facebook group for all us ladies due in feb 2012, would anyone be interested in joining?

#46 M!ssy

Posted 06 June 2012 - 09:08 PM

I'd be keen for a private Facebook group!

How has everyone's week been? I'm really looking forward to the long weekend.

I've had bloods this week, hcg was 490 and Dr was happy with that. Booked into see Ob for a scan in a couple of weeks. Other than that feeling normal and still kind of like its a dream.

#47 TheFirstNoel

Posted 07 June 2012 - 05:22 AM

Hi everyone, just a quick check in as its awkward typing over my 22 month old!  Hope you're all doing well!  
Sorry to hear your bad news Dolcengabana - hope you're ok.
Zach's mum - have fun baking, I also did a pokemon cake for DS1 last year.  Currently trying to plan DD's b'day.

afm - haven't booked in yet, probably will go see my gp next week & start the ball rolling.  Been feeling Very emotional!

#48 Nowfor4

Posted 07 June 2012 - 07:12 AM

Morning,

Dolcengabana, sorry for your loss.
I would be up for a facebookpage.
We have parties on all weekend, lucky I am training for a 1/2 marathon because it hides the facts that I can't drink.
Rang the ob and I have an appt with the midwife for an early scan in 2 weeks just to see how everything is before we go to Qld. Then will make the decision of whether I will run or not.
Hope everyone is well and not too exhausted:)

#49 LittleJacksonOne

Posted 07 June 2012 - 08:18 AM

ellysbellys- Thanks, I tried to set one up a week ago but it said I had to add one of you to it to do so (or a FB friend but none of mine know yet for me to 'use' them hehe) I just asked to join, initials SJ original.gif

btd- oh dear on the baby brain! hehehe, i was reading that it can set in this early, is that true? I've had an unusual amount of forgetfulness this week (esp in regards to forgetting a specific word I need for a sentance hehe)

lcasey- your DH sounds sweet getting ready already! original.gif

AFM- Got my blood results yesterday but the docs assisstant took the phone call instead so couldnt tell me the HCG number only that it was positive and that the doc said it was "coming along nicely"
Was a bit annoyed as after two early m/c I would prefer to know the number for comfort,  not just that in this docs opinion its "coming along nicely" hehe, but I spose that will do for now.
Have made another appointment for all the rest of the stuff for next week and for getting a referal for a 6wk ultrasound to check its all going well and hopefully hear bubs HB! original.gif
Still slightly nauseas (does that mean I'll get proper MS later on?) and big sore knockers and TIRED. hehe also been epic thirsty all the time!

NOTE TO ALL-  I dont want to be a bar-hum-bug, but I thought I'd point out the EB rules of only one ticker in your sig---- boring I know. but I just dont want you guys to get told off hehe original.gif

Edited by LittleJacksonOne, 07 June 2012 - 08:20 AM.

#50 Summers

Posted 07 June 2012 - 08:39 AM

Hi all!

Can I join? It's still early for me - I think I'm about 4 weeks 3 days (my period and ovulation is VERY VERY irregular.) I found out when I believe I was 11-12 dpo that my hcg was 38, and then 2 days after that it jumped to 127... Can anyone tell me if that is good progress or not for so early?

I've had such fun reading all your posts thus far. I'm 22 and this is my first pregnancy. My DF and I are *so* excited. I've been having intermittent lower back cramps but they always go away and I've never had any bleeding or spotting so I'm hoping that's just a sign that bubs is getting comfy!

Really looking forward to sharing this journey with all of you original.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

'My parenting style is Survivalist'

A helicopter or tiger mum, I am not.

8 mums reveal their favourite nappy bags

We asked a bunch of mums which nappy bags they love the most.

Why you shouldn't bother throwing a big first birthday party

If you're feeling the pressure to host an all-out, over-the-top shindig for your baby's birthday, I hereby grant you permission to throw the rules out the window.

The 24 baby names on the verge of extinction this year

If you're on the hunt for the perfect baby name and don't want a chart-topper like Oliver or Olivia, then do we have the list for you.

'My mum doesn't seem that interested in my baby'

Q: My mother and I have always been close, but now that I have a baby, she has not helped out as much as I thought she would.

New guidelines: "Bottle-feeding mums need support too"

Breast is best, but mums who can't, or choose not to breastfeed need support too.

Dads also struggle to 'have it all', study finds

Men and women both experience work-family conflict.

Language development may start in the womb

Study found babies can recognise foreign languages before birth.

Meet the baby born from an embryo frozen for 24 years

Experts say little Emma is a record breaking baby.

Advertisement

Top 5 Articles

Advertisement

From our network

Five things you need to know about flu and pregnancy

As the 2017 flu season begins in earnest, here?s what you need to know to protect yourself and baby.

Mum tips to keep your pre-baby budget in check

Money might be funny in a rich man's world (or so ABBA told us), but for the rest of us it's a major consideration – particularly before having a baby.

5 easy ways to make your maternity leave last longer

Maternity leave is a special time for you, your partner and your new little bundle. The last thing you want is for financial worries to stand in the way of that joy.

10 ways to keep your 'buying for baby' costs down

Becoming a parent is full of surprises – not least of all finding out that, for such small beings, babies cause a lot of chaos and expense.

5 ways to prepare to go from two incomes to one

Here are some ideas for getting that budget in shape, ready for being a one income family.

Baby Names

Need some ideas?

See what names are trending this year.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.