Due in Feb, 2013 Chat Thread

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
138 replies to this topic

#126 MummyLatina

Posted 15 June 2012 - 11:19 PM

Hello all you beautiful pregnant ladies

I am not 100% sure of some of your abreviations like DD DH etc etc

I did a pregnancy test on the 28th of May which came back positive with a really faint line. I was so excited and in order to confirm i bought the new digital tests which also came out positive.

I then went to the GP (general practitioner) and my blood tests have come back positive. but very early stages of pregnancy. And because my periods are irregular he sent me on a dating scan but did tell me to leave it for 2 wks and then go.

SO i had a scan on Wednesday the 13th and the lady said she could barely see anything and she can see what she thinks is a sac that would coinside with 5 week gestational. She recommended to follow this up with my GP for futher blood tests to make sure my HCG levels are increasing to make sure i have a viable pregnancy. So i saw my GP today and got some blood drawn and i have to go baack on Monday for another blood test to see if my HCG are ok to make sure i have not m/c.

I am very confident that everything is going ok i was having nausea and vomiting and sore boobs but the past couple of days i ben feeling great apart from the boobs.

But... I am still a little scared of the results. I want this so much and i am already a mother. So fingers crossed toes crossed and every prayer to every God to every religion that i hear positive feedback on Monday afternoon.

#127 Sunshiney

Posted 16 June 2012 - 11:06 AM

Ali88 - so sorry to hear your news.  Sending my love and thoughts your way.  Your doc may be able to run some tests to try to understand why this has happened again. xxx

MummyLatina - not being able to see anything doesn't necessarily mean a mc.  It's normal to not be able to see anything before ~6wks.  Also, if your cycle is longer than 28 days or you O later than CD14, you may be less PG than your GP calculated.  FX your BT show increasing hCG.  

whale-woman - it's not usual to have a scan before 12 wks, unless you have suspected ectopic/mc (due to pains/bleeding) or you have irregular cycles (you have the scan to determine your EDD and when 12wks will occur).

Edited by Sunshiney, 16 June 2012 - 11:07 AM.

#128 fingersxd03

Posted 16 June 2012 - 12:12 PM

original.gif Hi Everyone original.gif

I would like to join this thread! I am 5 weeks preg going by LMP, due 13 Feb, have had bloods done waiting for results Monday. This will be my 3rd child, my eldest is 17 youngest is 8! I suffered HG with each pregancy, I MC triplets in January and was very nervous TTC, we conceived straight away.. So with every tummy cramp I worry when I go to the loo there will be blood, but trying really hard not to think negativly.
I have been tired from 3 weeks, extremely hungry eating 2 serves of dinner every night haha, sore boobs, and slighly nauseous at night. I have been taking b6 3 times a day for 2 months as I have heard that this can lessen nausea greatly.

I am hoping to have a scan next week to ease my mind a bit & see the hb maybe?!?!?! fingers crossed.

I wish u all a happy, healthy successful pregnancy, & to anyone who suffered a loss my thoughts are with u I know how devastating this can be.

Looking forward to hearing all ur stories

#129 kimliz

Posted 16 June 2012 - 06:31 PM

Hi! This is my first post here. I have been stalling, after losing my third bub this march ( not consecutive) I have been too nervous to even say the words, I'm pregnant.

Ali88- I am so genuinely sorry for your loss. I have heard tests are not generally done till after 3 misses in a row, but if I were you I would insist, it's probably something easy fixed. Hope you have plenty of support an that you heal well inside and out.

AFM as I mentioned earlier I have been super nervous that something will go wrong again, but this week morning sickness( all day sickness) kicked in and it is really reassuring, I feel like I did when I was pregnant with my son 7 years ago! I also had a dating/viability scan yesterday and bub was in a great place, everything looked perfect the sonographer and doc said. Heartbeat was 148bpm. What a relief It was to see that after my scan back in march. Bubs size puts me due 3rd feb. I thought I'd be 31 jan which I hate that I'm always behind what I think. Oh well 3 days is nothing I suppose. Just hard to be totally reassured as last pregnancy I had a dating scan same time as this, everything was perfect and then one week later there was no heartbeat.   sad.gif This time I feel way more sick so that is giving me much needed confidence and positivity.

Looking forward to getting to know you all. Btw this will be child number 3 for us. DS is almost 6 and DD is 3 and a half.

Anyone else's house a complete shambles?? I am usually on top of things and rarely let things get to this point, I hate living in this pigsty, I need my mummy.

Sticky baby vibes to all

#130 kimliz

Posted 16 June 2012 - 06:56 PM

QUOTE (leisamd @ 15/06/2012, 05:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So sorry for your loss Ali88...

Just came back from the gp.  Booked in for my scan for monday afternoon.  Not sure how I'm going to ask someone to look after my olders without spilling the news... hmmm...

Welcome to all the newbies!

I just read your birth stories, they were so beautiful, made me cry. You have a lovely way with words.

I had have had two great natural births and have everything crossed for another one. I have a feeling this one will come quick like your third. Might need to be very organized with the othe kids etc.

#131 Becstarinator

Posted 16 June 2012 - 08:06 PM

Hello to all the newly pregnant ladies that have joined the DIG.  I look forward to getting to know everyone as the 8 months or so to come.

ali88 - I'm very sorry for your loss.  Be kind and gentle to yourself during this time.

leisamd - if you don't want anyone to know yet can you say f=you have a doctors appointment for girly issues such as a pap smear and would prefer not to take the children.

I have my first scan (6 weeks) on the 25th.  

I was a bit confused as to why I was been sent for an early scan when I know my dates but the doctor said it is important to have this one as I have been on clomid that slightly increases the risk of ectopic pregnancies and of course multiples.  

Goodluck to everyone else who has scans coming up.

Edited by Becstarinator, 16 June 2012 - 08:07 PM.

#132 hmmm...

Posted 17 June 2012 - 09:36 AM

Hi Everyone

Congratulations to all - hope the next 7 or 8 months goes very smoothly.

This is my second bub - did a FR on Tues at 10 DPO and came up with a feint positive followed by a darker positive on Wed. Cant believe it really - this was our first month of trying (very very lucky). DH keeps saying he has super sperm!!! I have a GP appointment on Tues and it looks like my due date will be the 23rd Feb. I will ask for a scan as my last 3 cycles have been anywhere between 26 days and 62... a bit all over the place.

DD is 13 months old - I also have 2 step children, DSS 17 and DSD 14. We havent told anyone yet... waiting to make sure everything is fine at 12 weeks. We live in Western Sydney (Penrith).

If anyone is looking for maternity bras etc, I just order 5 sets of hot milk bras and nickers for $150 from maternitydirect.co.nz (including shipping). They have a sale on at the moment, and shipping is only $8 approx (it says $11 on the website, but this is in NZ $$). They have a great range of sizes too.

Sooo excited....

#133 Roodledoo

Posted 17 June 2012 - 10:28 AM

Hey everyone,

I'm out too after an unconfirmed ''spontaneous MC'' last night.  Went to the walk in GP centre, who was less than sympathetic and sent me away with a scan referral for Monday.  So I might as well have waited until Mon to see my normal GP anyway.  Won't be going back there, that's for sure!

Worst bit is DH is working away for another 11 days so have to deal with it myself.  I guess I'm glad it's happened now rather than in 2 months time as we were only just getting our heads around it so any later and it would be much harder.

Going to Zumba now to see if I can get some feel-good hormones!  Then I'll be back to see if I can disable the weekly newsletter I've signed up for sad.gif

Best of luck to you all, and wishing you all an uneventful 8 months and beyond
xx

#134 kimliz

Posted 17 June 2012 - 10:44 AM

So sorry for your loss Roodledoo. .

#135 Sunshiney

Posted 17 June 2012 - 11:29 AM

So sorry Roodledoo.  Do you have a close friend who you can turn to while DH is away?  Dealing with a mc alone can be very hard.  So don't be afraid to reach out to those around you and ask for support.  Sending my love and hugs your way xxx

#136 Roodledoo

Posted 17 June 2012 - 12:29 PM

Thanks for the well wishes, I think I'm OK though.  It was very much unplanned, and we're not really ready to start the journey of parenthood, although we would have stepped up to the plate had we stayed on it.  

I imagine it's much harder for those who're desperate to have/extend a family.

Think disabling my account is going to be the best option to stop the emails!

So goodbye, and best of luck to you all!

#137 TheFirstNoel

Posted 17 June 2012 - 08:47 PM

QUOTE (kimliz @ 16/06/2012, 06:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I just read your birth stories, they were so beautiful, made me cry. You have a lovely way with words.

I had have had two great natural births and have everything crossed for another one. I have a feeling this one will come quick like your third. Might need to be very organized with the othe kids etc.

Thankyou kimliz, that's very kind of you.  I'll hopefully be super organised this time, DH has said 'off to the hospital at the first twinge this time' - he is well aware how close he came to delivering DS2 on the side of the road!  In fact, if our housing circumstances were different, I'd be planning a home birth.  I hope you have a lovely, easy pregnancy & birth this time, I m/c my first pregnancy and the fear never really goes away...

Becstarinator - yes, I thought of something like that.  But I think DH will just look after them while I go in by myself.  It's a little sad, as he's been there for every single scan for each of our children, but I guess that's just the way it goes now!  Good luck for your scan!

Roodledoo - so sorry for your loss, I hope you're ok!

AFM - got my scan tomorrow afternoon.  Excited & nervous.  A lovely story of parenthood for you all, my poor DS1 suddenly felt sick this afternoon, and threw up in the car!

Enjoy your week ladies!

Edited by leisamd, 17 June 2012 - 08:53 PM.

#138 whale-woman

Posted 18 June 2012 - 08:24 AM

Roodledoo. - sorry for the loss...

Hmmmm... Thanks for the bra tip. I'm usually an A, but last time went to a C by 8-10 weeks and then stayed there. I'm pushing it to fit into my A cups currently and it's only 5 weeks... I might just have to stock up early. Urggh, I hate maternity bras.

Is anyone having trouble with older kids who have sensed things are different since you became pg? DD is 2.5 and has gone on a bad behavior rampage, including starting to refuse to go on the toilet and peeing on the floor. She's been tt for 4 months and is generally accident free. I'm trying to get the energy to give her her usual levels of semi-constant attention but things are going to have to change for all of us... She's pretty spoilt as a 1st child so the idea the world doesn't revolve just around her is going to hit hard.

#139 ~A2~

Posted 18 June 2012 - 10:59 AM

Thread closed

New thread here

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

'My parenting style is Survivalist'

A helicopter or tiger mum, I am not.

8 mums reveal their favourite nappy bags

We asked a bunch of mums which nappy bags they love the most.

Why you shouldn't bother throwing a big first birthday party

If you're feeling the pressure to host an all-out, over-the-top shindig for your baby's birthday, I hereby grant you permission to throw the rules out the window.

The 24 baby names on the verge of extinction this year

If you're on the hunt for the perfect baby name and don't want a chart-topper like Oliver or Olivia, then do we have the list for you.

'My mum doesn't seem that interested in my baby'

Q: My mother and I have always been close, but now that I have a baby, she has not helped out as much as I thought she would.

New guidelines: "Bottle-feeding mums need support too"

Breast is best, but mums who can't, or choose not to breastfeed need support too.

Dads also struggle to 'have it all', study finds

Men and women both experience work-family conflict.

Language development may start in the womb

Study found babies can recognise foreign languages before birth.

Meet the baby born from an embryo frozen for 24 years

Experts say little Emma is a record breaking baby.

Advertisement

Top 5 Articles

Advertisement

From our network

Five things you need to know about flu and pregnancy

As the 2017 flu season begins in earnest, here?s what you need to know to protect yourself and baby.

Mum tips to keep your pre-baby budget in check

Money might be funny in a rich man's world (or so ABBA told us), but for the rest of us it's a major consideration – particularly before having a baby.

5 easy ways to make your maternity leave last longer

Maternity leave is a special time for you, your partner and your new little bundle. The last thing you want is for financial worries to stand in the way of that joy.

10 ways to keep your 'buying for baby' costs down

Becoming a parent is full of surprises – not least of all finding out that, for such small beings, babies cause a lot of chaos and expense.

5 ways to prepare to go from two incomes to one

Here are some ideas for getting that budget in shape, ready for being a one income family.

Baby Names

Need some ideas?

See what names are trending this year.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.