Favourite brownie

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 ~mimo~

Posted 07 May 2012 - 08:42 PM

Plese add your recipes!

My favourite is the sand art one from here. I cook mine for a bit less time though so they are still fudgy. Yum yum!

Would like to try a caramel/butterescotch one though. Does anyone have a recipe?

PS Sorry for any cravings this thread may induce! wink.gif

#2 Lainskii

Posted 07 May 2012 - 08:57 PM

These raspberry brownies are divine.

http://www.creativegourmet.com.au/recipe-d...colate-brownies

#3 ~mimo~

Posted 07 May 2012 - 09:21 PM

They look divine but how do you wait until they are cold? Tounge1.gif

Nothing better than a warm, fudgy brownie! Haha!

#4 onehotmumma

Posted 07 May 2012 - 09:28 PM

Triple Chocolate Brownies - from Australian Women's Weekly Cook! book
Makes 18

125g Butter, melted
200g dark eating choc, melted
1/2 cup (110g) caster sugar
2 eggs, beaten lightly
1 1/4 cups (185g) plain flour
150g white eating chocolate, chopped coarsely
100g milk eating chocolate, chopped coarsely

1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees (160 fan forced). Lightly grease and line deep 19cm square baking pan

2. Combine ingredients in large bowl, then spread into lined baking pan

3. Bake about 35 minutes or until mixture is firm to touch.

That's it!

#5 chookpea

Posted 07 May 2012 - 09:39 PM

I was going to come ask the same question!  Never made brownies so don't have any recipes sorry.
QUOTE (Lainskii @ 07/05/2012, 08:57 PM)
14556710[/url]']
These raspberry brownies are divine.

http://www.creativegourmet.com.au/recipe-d...colate-brownies

That looks delicious.  Do you think I can melt the chocolate in a bowl over a pot of boiling water instead?  I don't have a microwave.

#6 Bunsen the feral

Posted 07 May 2012 - 09:51 PM

These are divine Dulce de Leche brownies

#7 Fairey

Posted 07 May 2012 - 09:53 PM

*Droooooooooool*

Nigella Lawson's brownies.... OMG!!! Orgasmic...

http://www.nigella.com/books/view/how-to-b...stic-goddess-12

I occassionally substitute the walnuts for white choc chips... cos there just isn't enough chocolate in them to begin with wink.gif

#8 ingrid74

Posted 07 May 2012 - 10:01 PM

for caramel brownies try googling fantale brownie recipe. Havent made it personally but friend told me they were devine.

#9 The Feral Plum

Posted 07 May 2012 - 10:03 PM

Fairey beat me to it. Those are seriously squidgy brownies. I try other recipes but always return to those.

They freeze well and are delicious straight from the freezer too.

#10 Lainskii

Posted 07 May 2012 - 10:07 PM

QUOTE (chookpea @ 07/05/2012, 09:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I was going to come ask the same question!  Never made brownies so don't have any recipes sorry.

That looks delicious.  Do you think I can melt the chocolate in a bowl over a pot of boiling water instead?  I don't have a microwave.

Yep, you can melt the chocolate in a bowl over boiling water, just make sure you don't get any water/steam in the chocolate or it might seize.

The brownies are soooo delicious.

I've taken them to two different parties and everyone has said they are the best brownies they've tastes.

http://recipes.rewill.net/2009/01/best-eve...e-brownies.html

These brownies are pretty good as well, I used macadamias instead of hazelnuts (not a huge fan of them) and they were pretty good. Very very rich though.

#11 Lainskii

Posted 07 May 2012 - 10:15 PM

QUOTE (Fairey @ 07/05/2012, 09:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
*Droooooooooool*

Nigella Lawson's brownies.... OMG!!! Orgasmic...

http://www.nigella.com/books/view/how-to-b...stic-goddess-12

I occassionally substitute the walnuts for white choc chips... cos there just isn't enough chocolate in them to begin with wink.gif

Which Nigella Brownies are these as she has quite a few on her website?

The link just went to the book.

I love Nigella and every recipe of hers I've tried has always worked a treat so would like to try hers.

#12 jenjams

Posted 08 May 2012 - 07:59 AM

Why did I click on this thread?  When trying to eat healthily do I get tempted by these things?

I have made these brownies before.  They are a tad healthier and you would never know of that secret ingredient:

http://www.bestrecipes.com.au/recipe/Choco...ies-L12819.html

#13 Bunsen the feral

Posted 08 May 2012 - 08:21 AM

QUOTE (jenjams @ 08/05/2012, 07:59 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Why did I click on this thread?  When trying to eat healthily do I get tempted by these things?

I have made these brownies before.  They are a tad healthier and you would never know of that secret ingredient:

http://www.bestrecipes.com.au/recipe/Choco...ies-L12819.html

I don't normally strive for healthy with something like brownies but I might have to try these just to see how they turn out - never seen chickpeas used like this before!

#14 babycat

Posted 08 May 2012 - 08:31 AM

This one is from a friend, I've made them 3 times now with varying choc contents - the latest a mix of white, milk and dark. The most important thing is to definitely only cook for 30 min, (I reduce my oven temp cos it cooks a good 10-20 degrees higher than it should.  They should be lovely and gooey and are extremely good warm with double thick cream as a dessert : )

Ingredients:

100g of 70% Dark Chocolate (the better the quality, the better the brownie)
2 eggs
125g butter
1/3 cup Self Raising Flour
1/4 cup Cocoa
Splash of Vanilla Essence
Just under a cup of Caster Sugar
Pinch of salt

Directions

Melt butter in pot over gentle heat
Remove pan from heat & add sugar, lightlt beaten eggs, cocoa & vanilla essence
Mix gently with a fork
Give the chocolate a good whack on the kitchen bench & make sure it’s broken into bite sized pieces
Next add sifted flour, pinch of salt & chocolate
Mix all ingredients
Pour into a greased 23cm tin
Cook for 30 minutes at 160 degrees in fan forced over (otherwise 170 degs). Important cook no longer than 30 minutes regardless of how it looks.
Allow to cool in tin before turning out
Enjoy whilst it’s warm – the gooey chocolate & slightly crunchy top is so yum!

#15 paddyboo

Posted 08 May 2012 - 08:45 AM

oh those dulce de leche brownies look heavenly!!!! Might have to make a batch of that!!! **insert drooling emoticon**

#16 Frankly my Dear

Posted 08 May 2012 - 01:35 PM

These are delicious!!!

http://www.thelondoner.me/2011/06/s*utty-brownies.html

I love white chocolate and Nigella does a white chocolate brownie (a blondie) which is to.die.for. I did a search but couldn't find it online, I can't remember which book it was in, will have a look at home. I have a feeing it is in How to be a Domestic Goddess.

ETA - Ah, stupid censorship. The link won't work properly. You need to insert the "L" where the asterix symbol comes up.

Edited by Frankly my Dear, 08 May 2012 - 01:37 PM.

#17 Fairey

Posted 08 May 2012 - 05:20 PM

Which Nigella Brownies are these as she has quite a few on her website?

The link just went to the book.

I love Nigella and every recipe of hers I've tried has always worked a treat so would like to try hers

On the left hand side of that page there is a pic of the brownies and if you click on that, the recipe will open up.

Other than that - http://www.food.com/recipe/nigella-lawson-brownies-32053

Enjoy!!

ETA - I remember recently reading about the s*utty brownies - Jessica Simpson was a wee bit addicted to them during her pregnancy. I think she even talked about them on some talk show (Conan or Jay Leno or something like that...)

Edited by Fairey, 08 May 2012 - 05:30 PM.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

'Tired' mum dies of undiagnosed diabetes

New mum Nicky Rigby thought her exhaustion was due to the demands of looking after her baby. But the 26-year-old was seriously ill with diabetes, and died due to her condition not being diagnosed.

20 signs of a great relationship

The secret to a perfect relationship is admitting you are wrong after an argument, five kisses a day and sex twice a week, a new survey suggests.

Video: emotional 60-second Robin Williams tribute

Take a minute to remember some of the greatest films of your childhood ... and have a few tissues close at hand.

The realities of escaping domestic violence

?Why doesn?t she just leave?? is the common question people ask when trying to understand domestic violence. For many, leaving the relationship is far from straightforward.

Home truths: the DIY dos and don'ts

A professional renovator gives advice on which jobs you should do yourself, and which you should outsource.

Parenting lessons I?ve yet to learn

Instead of writing about the stuff I do know since becoming a mum, I thought I'd share some of the things I don't. These are the lessons that motherhood hasn't taught me.

Will I be wrecked 'down there' after birth?

Did you worry about how you would look "down there" after giving birth? This mum-to-be found plenty of women willing to share their knowledge.

The new weekend playgroup for working mums

Playgroups are great for kids and parents alike - but the downside is that they often meet during the week, leaving working mums out of the loop.

Letting your toddler be the boss at bedtime

Sick of spending hours trying to get your toddler to sleep? These experts say giving your child more of a say at bedtime might be the answer.

7 mistakes old hands make with new babies

As I sat across the table from my friend ? me, a seasoned mother of three; her, a brand new mum ? I thought of all the mistakes an old-hand parent can make when visiting a newborn baby.

Ezra's tragic death not in vain, mum says

Little Ezra was a "Harry Houdini" who loved trying to escape the family home. Now, after his tragic death, his parents are doing what they can to help others.

Consulting 'Dr Google' when you're pregnant

We're all guilty of turning to the internet for a quick answer when we need medical advice, but Dr Google should be approached with caution - especially when you're pregnant.

16 ways to tie a scarf

Scarfs are the perfect winter accessory. Whether you're freezing at soccer training or wanting to add a splash of colour to a monochrome top, the right scarf will sort you out in no time. Just ask Nina Proudman.

Video: When adults act like children

Ever wondered what would happen if adults were allowed to act like children? This dad's hilarious video clip will give you an idea of what life would be like.

The simple way to support other parents

We may be raising children of different ages and sexes, with different personalities, but we, as parents, aren't that different - we all have similar struggles, fears, doubts, responsibilities.

Seeing the big picture when it comes to parenting

Sometimes it feels like hundreds of tiny cracks are spreading across the surface of our lives, creeping slowly into the foundations and threatening to make them crumble. How do we hold it all together?

How to spot a lactaboobiephobia sufferer

Lactation consultant Meg Nagle refused to stay silent when Facebook removed two photos of her breastfeeding. Instead, she coined a term to describe those who don't recognise breastfeeding for the natural and non-sexual act that it is.

Win back some precious time and get FREE coupons

Membership to eBay's Bubs? Corner is free and includes a $10 coupon to spend on nappies each month - a win for multitasking mums!

Download now: Essential Kids Activity Finder app

Got bored kids? Quickly find the best activities for kids wherever you are in Australia with the Essential Kids app.

Advertisement

Advertisement

What's hot on EB

Win back some precious time and get FREE coupons

Membership to eBay's Bubs? Corner is free and includes a $10 coupon to spend on nappies each month - a win for multitasking mums!

Do you suffer from Precious Firstborn Syndrome?

Testing ?no more tears? shampoo in your own eyes, warming cucumber sticks so they're not cold straight from the fridge, waking a sleeping baby to check they?re still breathing: these are all symptoms of Precious Firstborn Syndrome.

Ezra's tragic death not in vain, mum says

Little Ezra was a "Harry Houdini" who loved trying to escape the family home. Now, after his tragic death, his parents are doing what they can to help others.

7 mistakes old hands make with new babies

As I sat across the table from my friend ? me, a seasoned mother of three; her, a brand new mum ? I thought of all the mistakes an old-hand parent can make when visiting a newborn baby.

Video: When adults act like children

Ever wondered what would happen if adults were allowed to act like children? This dad's hilarious video clip will give you an idea of what life would be like.

Mums hit hardest as flu cases skyrocket

The number of confirmed cases of influenza in Australia has doubled the number for the same time last year - and women are 25 per cent more likely to get it.

The mum who had four babies in nine months

Feeling exhausted due to the demands of caring for a baby? Imagine the life of this mum, who gave birth to three boys and one girl in just nine months.

Everything baby at Big W

Lowest prices on everything baby, only at Big W. Sale starts August 4 and ends August 20 2014.

Smiggle is painting the town red!

We have 3 Red Smiggle prize packs to give away! Enter by posting a photo of something red to your Instagram.

Mum gives birth at school

Most kids have their own personal brand of oddity. Others, like these 10 weird habits, crop up again and again.

Personalised baby gifts

We've scoured the internet to find gorgeous personalised keepsakes and nursery decor to record baby name and dates. They make great gifts for christenings, name days and birthdays! (All prices in AU.)

Mind, body, beauty, life

Making time for me

We look at your wellbeing, covering health, relationships, beauty and fashion, mind and body.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.