Due in November, 2012 Chat Thread #7

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
112 replies to this topic

#51 caroldiem

Posted 16 May 2012 - 07:09 PM

Oh CPM I am so sorry to hear that sad.gif I really hope that's not the case and that everything is fine i know the 2 week wait is going to be tough sorry i don't know your history is this your first bub? is there a reason why they think there could be something wrong or did you have it done due to the nuchal scan results?

Spring Chickadee - Glad to hear everything is going well with bubs and that the pain is related to a bladder infection not that having a bladder infection is good but hey having bubs doing well is priceless!!!! original.gif
It's so great you can just pop in to your OBGYN and have a scan done mine told me to do the same thing if i ever concerned fortunately i haven't had to yet but it's nice to know the option is there if needed

mellmatho - Ok i am officially jealous i wish i could lose weight. I feel like eating everything under the sun and i can't afford to put on any weight because i haven't lost the baby weight when i was pregnant sad.gif but i can't stop eating especially bad foooddddddddd original.gif a lot of carbs

charlottesmum04 - So sorry to hear about whats happening with your DD that must be very hard i can only imagine what you are going through sad.gif I always cry when i hear about the little kids with cancer it's just not fairrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

chloe69 - Yes i was extremely dissapointed with my MIL and i still am I mean they were so excited with my first pregnancy when we told them and they were excited when my SIL announced it at 4 weeks her pregnancy took forever. BUT here i am waiting waiting doing the right thing telling them after 12 weeks and nope not good enough for her obviously

Rachel5 - I really am overjoyed that i am pregnant again after my miscarriage last year i was so worried that it would just never happen again but thanks to the best chinese herbal medicine doctor in Sydney we fell pregnant within 2 weeks of seeing her she was so pleased i only needed 3 treatments heheheheh.  biggrin.gif I love your suggestion i just might have to tell my MIL that when she comes to see the baby for the first time that will knock her down for 6 original.gif

10to10 - Thankyou so much waiting for your personal update original.gif

Sorry to the ladies i have missed there are so many of us I am hoping to get more involved in this DIG as time goes on

AFMThe slap cheek virus is going around at my DD's daycare found out last Friday and i had a massive panic attack called my OB straight away freaking out. he advised me not to worry and to go get a blood test done because chances are i am probably immune to it anyway being exposed to it already. Well i called my OB's midwife today she is so lovely and she quickly got the results for me i was so relieved to find out i am IMMUNE WOOHOOO!!!! now i can hug my DD again seriously the last 4 days i have been avoiding her like the plague it's been terrible.

#52 mellmatho

Posted 16 May 2012 - 08:03 PM

QUOTE (caroldiem @ 16/05/2012, 06:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Oh CPM I am so sorry to hear that sad.gif I really hope that's not the case and that everything is fine i know the 2 week wait is going to be tough sorry i don't know your history is this your first bub? is there a reason why they think there could be something wrong or did you have it done due to the nuchal scan results?

Spring Chickadee - Glad to hear everything is going well with bubs and that the pain is related to a bladder infection not that having a bladder infection is good but hey having bubs doing well is priceless!!!! original.gif
It's so great you can just pop in to your OBGYN and have a scan done mine told me to do the same thing if i ever concerned fortunately i haven't had to yet but it's nice to know the option is there if needed

mellmatho - Ok i am officially jealous i wish i could lose weight. I feel like eating everything under the sun and i can't afford to put on any weight because i haven't lost the baby weight when i was pregnant sad.gif but i can't stop eating especially bad foooddddddddd original.gif a lot of carbs

charlottesmum04 - So sorry to hear about whats happening with your DD that must be very hard i can only imagine what you are going through sad.gif I always cry when i hear about the little kids with cancer it's just not fairrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

chloe69 - Yes i was extremely dissapointed with my MIL and i still am I mean they were so excited with my first pregnancy when we told them and they were excited when my SIL announced it at 4 weeks her pregnancy took forever. BUT here i am waiting waiting doing the right thing telling them after 12 weeks and nope not good enough for her obviously

Rachel5 - I really am overjoyed that i am pregnant again after my miscarriage last year i was so worried that it would just never happen again but thanks to the best chinese herbal medicine doctor in Sydney we fell pregnant within 2 weeks of seeing her she was so pleased i only needed 3 treatments heheheheh.  biggrin.gif I love your suggestion i just might have to tell my MIL that when she comes to see the baby for the first time that will knock her down for 6 original.gif

10to10 - Thankyou so much waiting for your personal update original.gif

Sorry to the ladies i have missed there are so many of us I am hoping to get more involved in this DIG as time goes on

AFMThe slap cheek virus is going around at my DD's daycare found out last Friday and i had a massive panic attack called my OB straight away freaking out. he advised me not to worry and to go get a blood test done because chances are i am probably immune to it anyway being exposed to it already. Well i called my OB's midwife today she is so lovely and she quickly got the results for me i was so relieved to find out i am IMMUNE WOOHOOO!!!! now i can hug my DD again seriously the last 4 days i have been avoiding her like the plague it's been terrible.

Im happy with the weight loss.. I still have a BMI of 35.7 though.. Im started off this pregnancy 46kgs overweight, with my first I started off at 60kgs and gained 25kgs, and then after she was born it kept piling up.. Started this pregnancy off at 106kgs, now 95.4kgs. Dr says he would like me to only gain weight from the baby and not extra.

#53 caroldiem

Posted 16 May 2012 - 08:20 PM

mellmatho- WOW you are doing an awesome job you go girl!!!! u must be so proud of yourself sounds like u can definitely do it that's fantastic. I am 15kgs overweight sad.gif and i really don't want to gain anymore so i am hoping not too but i can't help it i feel so hungry all the time sad.gif

#54 whatnamenow

Posted 17 May 2012 - 11:51 AM

mri was all good so we are home.  New thoughts are she may have had whats called a hemiplegic migraine.  A rare migraine that causes weakness/paralysis down one side.

Whatever it is i'm just glad it wasnt a clot/bleed.  Now i can go back to being excited about baby!!!
I cant believe its only a few more weeks till my 19 week scan.  Have to have it at 18 weeks as 19 weeks is the week before my wedding.  With all the family up i would love to have some pretty ultrasound pictures to show everyone.

Sorry for no personals.  As the next few days happens and i catch up on sleep and what everyone has been up to i can catch up on it.

#55 Spring Chickadee

Posted 17 May 2012 - 02:40 PM

Charlotte's mum- so happy it looks like it's nothing to serious. Rest up and start getting excited again!

#56 Chief Pancake Make

Posted 17 May 2012 - 04:30 PM

Thanks for all the support.

I am 34 and this is my first pregnancy.  I had a CVS just because I am a worrier and wanted to definately rule out DS and other genetic problems not just get a probability so I wouldnt spend the rest of my pregnancy worrying what if I was the 1 in 300.   Unfortunately I am the 1% in which CVS gives an inconclusive result (false positive rate for NT scans is 5%).  It showed what is called mosaicism which may just occur on the placenta or may also be in the foetus - you cant tell.  So I have to wait for the full results in 2 weeks which may rule it out or wait antother week and have an amnio - which I think is the most likely possibility.  So the only thing I can do is sit and wait.  I had my first meeting with the midwife this morning, but it all seemed kind of odd as I am sitting in limbo right now.

Charlottes mum - glad you got some good news and get some rest.

#57 christmasiscoming

Posted 17 May 2012 - 09:19 PM

Hi everyone,

Just a quick one tonight ...

*Stormgirl77* I just got my hospital booking form today from the Mater - I have my first appointment on 4 June so I'll be 16w5d when I have that.

*Charlottesmum04*  That is great news about your DD.  Obviously still worrying but if it gives you some relief and peace of mind in relation to your pregnancy then that is fantastic  yyes.gif   Now time for you to recouperate and start some baby planning original.gif

*Chief Pancake Maker* Oh, it sucks to have the testing and then still not know for sure ... hopefully the next two weeks will pass quickly for you so you can put your mind at ease.  Keeping everything crossed for you for the all clear  hands.gif

And I have a question for those of you who have been to public hospital before - I'm going to the Mater Brisbane (Public) and I need to work out what kind of care I'm going to want - shared care, midwife care etc.  I guess I like the idea of being cared for by the team of midwives as I figure they're the ones on the day who are going to be there so why not have your history directly with them plus they're trained to deal with babies/pregnancy/birthing day in, day out.  It's what they do !!  On the other hand I am dubious as to how much a GP would know about everything pregnancy/birth related ...  
Can anyone tell me exactly what a GP would do normally at a scheduled antenatal appointment?  I assume they'd check blood pressure, maybe weight, ask questions about how you're feeling generally etc but do they have a little feel around your belly, measure your fundal height, tell you which way the baby is lying by feel etc etc ?   Obviously all GP's will differ slightly depending on their training but I've never seen a GP before in pregnancy, only OBs, so I guess I just want to know what they actually do in their appointments?

This is all so confusing  wacko.gif

#58 mellmatho

Posted 17 May 2012 - 10:37 PM

QUOTE (christmasiscoming @ 17/05/2012, 08:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi everyone,

Just a quick one tonight ...

*Stormgirl77* I just got my hospital booking form today from the Mater - I have my first appointment on 4 June so I'll be 16w5d when I have that.

*Charlottesmum04*  That is great news about your DD.  Obviously still worrying but if it gives you some relief and peace of mind in relation to your pregnancy then that is fantastic  yyes.gif   Now time for you to recouperate and start some baby planning original.gif

*Chief Pancake Maker* Oh, it sucks to have the testing and then still not know for sure ... hopefully the next two weeks will pass quickly for you so you can put your mind at ease.  Keeping everything crossed for you for the all clear  hands.gif

And I have a question for those of you who have been to public hospital before - I'm going to the Mater Brisbane (Public) and I need to work out what kind of care I'm going to want - shared care, midwife care etc.  I guess I like the idea of being cared for by the team of midwives as I figure they're the ones on the day who are going to be there so why not have your history directly with them plus they're trained to deal with babies/pregnancy/birthing day in, day out.  It's what they do !!  On the other hand I am dubious as to how much a GP would know about everything pregnancy/birth related ...  
Can anyone tell me exactly what a GP would do normally at a scheduled antenatal appointment?  I assume they'd check blood pressure, maybe weight, ask questions about how you're feeling generally etc but do they have a little feel around your belly, measure your fundal height, tell you which way the baby is lying by feel etc etc ?   Obviously all GP's will differ slightly depending on their training but I've never seen a GP before in pregnancy, only OBs, so I guess I just want to know what they actually do in their appointments?

This is all so confusing  wacko.gif

Im doing shared care with midwives and OB/GP..  The midwives check my weight, bloodpressure, bubs heartbeat etc, and then the ob/GP comes in at the end and checks everything thats been written down, asks a few questions and prints off any referals needed.

#59 ~MakkaPakka~

Posted 18 May 2012 - 08:51 AM

CPM:  I hope that the mosaicism is just to do with your placenta.  I can understand your reasoning for the CVS, I am also 34 years old, this is my 5th child but my first was born with a neural tube defect and number two had a high NT score and we ended up having an amnio done for peace of mind.  I also stress alot during pregnancy too.  Are you going to continue with the amnio or wait for further results from the CVS?  

charlottesmum04 : what a huge releif that your DD's scan was ok.  Still poor chook with migranes all ready.  I am so glad though that she has been cleared of the possible clot/bleed.

christmasiscoming:  I was going to go to the outreach midwife clinic at Inala (a lot closer to home than having to travel into the city all the time for my midwife appointments) but they are fully booked.  I decided to go with shared care with my GP.  My GP is great, she has an affiliation with the hospital and I really trust her a lot, she also does a lot of shared care.  The only reason I wanted to attend the midwife clinic is that it is a direct link to the hospital and a bit easier to organise any appointments (like scans ect) that need to be done through the hospital.  With shared care my GP does exactly the same as what they would do at the midwifery clinic check ups.   I still have my appointments at the hospital to see the obs at around 32 weeks after a scan and also at 36 weels leading up to the due date.

I had my NT scan and results are great.  My health has not been too good sad.gif   A few years back I had a mystery illness for about 9 months with severe pain in the right hand side of my face radiating in my jaw, ear and head. I had scans and MRI's along with specialest appointments and it ended up going away after I had a tooth removed.  But since I have had my wisdom teeth out it has returned.  It looks like it is now trigamenial nuralgia.  I am living on panadine forte and neurofen plus as all the other meds to take I can take becuase of pregnancy.  I am seeing how the next week goes with the panadine forte as it doesn't seem to be working too great and if It is still the same next week my GP will have to ring the hosptial to see what I can take.  sad.gif   I just hope it doesn't last 9 months like last time.

#60 Chief Pancake Make

Posted 18 May 2012 - 01:31 PM

Hi,

Makka Pakka We will wait and see what the fianl CVS results say and then make a decision about an amnio.  I have to wait til 15 weeks for amnio so cant do it any sooner any way.  Tooth aches really suck.  Before I had my wisdom teeth out I was so miserable someone came up to me at work and asked if someone had died.  It used to radiate from my wisdom teeth all the way around to my front teeth.  Cant imagine how bad what you have feels.

T.J  I had my first meeting with the midwife yesterday.  It was just a stack of questions  - family history and stuff, same as what my GP had asked.  a mental health survey and questions about domestic violence, abuse etc.  The only thing she checked physically was my blood pressure, maybe because i had had an ultrasound 2 days before.

#61 emnut

Posted 18 May 2012 - 01:35 PM

CPM - so sorry that you didn't get the all clear you were hoping for.  Hope the mosaicism is only affecting the placenta & time doesn't feel like it has stopped totally for you.

Charlottesmum - what a stressful few days.  So relieved for you that your DD didn't have a brain bleed.  Hope you are all resting comfortably now.

Makkapakka - sounds awful you poor thing.  Hope it passes quickly

Hi to everyone else.

AFM - had an ob appt today - all good.  My bp is slightly above normal for me & a + for protein so that will be kept an eye on but my ob said that for anyone without a history of PE he wouldn't blink an eye at it.  All in all finding it very reassuring having the regular checks atm as feeling so stressed as I'm getting to that 15-20 week mark.  I'm jealous of those who are noticing a difference in their size - I haven't noticed anything  yet.

#62 suzy-c

Posted 18 May 2012 - 04:25 PM

Hello all, hope we're all still hanging in there!
I bought a doppler, and it arrived this morning. It took about 15mins to find the heartbeat, as I just kept finding my own pulse. I have an anterior placenta, so that made it challenging, but I found it in the end!

Just sharing, in case anyone was thinking of getting one. Don't worry if it takes a while to find it. You may just be doing it wrong, or too early, or without a full bladder, etc. Some claim you can hear it from 10wks onwards. The ppl I got this one from said that's very unlikely, and can be hit-and-miss at 12 weeks. I'm 15+3 and definately got an unmistakable fetal heartbeat, even with an anterior placenta.

original.gif xox

#63 mellmatho

Posted 18 May 2012 - 07:20 PM

QUOTE (suzy-c @ 18/05/2012, 03:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hello all, hope we're all still hanging in there!
I bought a doppler, and it arrived this morning. It took about 15mins to find the heartbeat, as I just kept finding my own pulse. I have an anterior placenta, so that made it challenging, but I found it in the end!

Just sharing, in case anyone was thinking of getting one. Don't worry if it takes a while to find it. You may just be doing it wrong, or too early, or without a full bladder, etc. Some claim you can hear it from 10wks onwards. The ppl I got this one from said that's very unlikely, and can be hit-and-miss at 12 weeks. I'm 15+3 and definately got an unmistakable fetal heartbeat, even with an anterior placenta.

original.gif xox

Where did you get the doppler from

#64 whatnamenow

Posted 19 May 2012 - 12:57 PM

just had to ask if anyone had heard the theories about food and gender of babies?  All i have been able to stomach lately is bland things and sweet things.  definatly no savoury.  While i can eat lots of fruit so i am not worried nutritionally everyone has been telling me that wanting only sweet things is a sign of a bubby girl.  Since both the other half and i have actually been convinced this might be the case this would make us happy but i had never heard of the tale of telling gender by cravings?

#65 Liddylou

Posted 19 May 2012 - 01:03 PM

Hi there
I am expecting a baby girl well they said 90 per cent at 15 weeks but would confirm at 20. I have two boys. I cannot get enough fruit this pregnancy and sweet things to. Was not like that with my boys. So who knows?

#66 emnut

Posted 19 May 2012 - 02:28 PM

charlottesmum - wasn't true for me in both pregnancies - massive sweet cravings but both boys - am craving sweet things again this time too

#67 franno

Posted 19 May 2012 - 11:34 PM

Like TJ I am having bad fatty food cravings and also for salty food and I am having a boy, this made me convinced before I found out. With DD it was sweet cravings.

That's the old wives tale I have heard. Sweet for girl and salty for boy.

#68 Heather-Elizabeth

Posted 20 May 2012 - 12:29 AM

Hi girls, it has been a while since I was in here. I'm now 13 weeks, 14 on Tuesday. No NT scan for us, so we have to wait until the 19/20 weeks scan to see little Valentine again. I actually find that I forget that I am pregnant a lot of the time. I suppose it is the difference between a first pregnancy and a second one.

My son has been sick for the last 3 weeks, just with a cold, but it has meant he is waking up so many times in the night and I have been exhausted.

My parents and siblings know about Valentine, and DH's parents and siblings know too, but we haven't really told anyone else. A couple of friends at work know, but not the boss or secretary or anything. And strangely I have no impulse to tell anyone else. I figure eventually people will start asking, so I'll wait until I start showing. Being a bigger woman, I'm sure it will be a few more months before the issue comes up.

I suppose I'd better head to bed, I'm sure Z will be up a few times in the night again.

Glad to hear most test results have come back good. Hoping and praying for those still waiting for results that they come back clear.

#69 christmasiscoming

Posted 20 May 2012 - 10:24 AM

Morning  waves.gif

I haven't really had any specific cravings ... just anything bad LOL.  I'm not really into chocolate as much as I was before but I'm still into lollies and other sweets but that's me all the time.  At the same time salt n vinegar or plain chips, fatty greasy McDonalds  oomg.gif , coffee etc is still on the menu also so I dont really have any clues pointing me in one direction or the other gender wise ...

Has anyone else read upon these gender predictions?  Some of them are so random like whether your pillow faces north or south will determine if you're having a boy or a girl?  What the !!!!  Crazy stuff.  Personally I'm hanging out for my 19wk scan to figure it out.  Hopefully baby plays nice and we get a good clear shot.

Trying to decide what to do with my day ... it's a beautiful day and I'm sure there's lots of options but just cant quite decide where to go ... maybe a coffee will help decide in the meantime LOL.

Have a great Sunday everyone x

#70 lilloshyslilbub

Posted 20 May 2012 - 04:14 PM

hi everyone, hope your all well. I haven't managed to jump back on and get updated for  over a week now.

Charlottesmum- thank you for commenting on my "situation" to do with my fiance. It sure is tough. We're not sure what we'll do about getting married now. We were aiming for a wedding 4 days after our little bundles due (before finding out) lol.

Everything was fine at my 12 week scan and now I'm just glad to have a bit more energy. I'm craving sweet things and just this morning my friend said that might mean a girl. I'll be happy either way but a little princess would be the first very spoilt grand daughter. wub.gif

I'll have to get back on and have a proper read through to catch up on everyones happenings. I'm glad everybody sounds happy and healthy.  biggrin.gif

#71 Chief Pancake Make

Posted 20 May 2012 - 04:48 PM

Hello ladies,

hope you all had a nice weekend.  DH and I went to the pregnancy babies an childrens expo.  It was ok, not as big as I was expecting.  Given my situation I guess my heart wasn't in it.  

We went and looked at cars later, just to get an idea what is available.  I fed up and grumpy at car salesmen doing the hard sell when we had no intentiion of buying anything.

I have to go back to work tomorrow - I think I need a nap.

#72 BulaFiji

Posted 21 May 2012 - 02:00 PM

Hello Ladies, its been a while since I have been on here. Its great to read everyones updates. Ive been pretty good no complaints its fantastic not to have MS anymore, the indigestion is very mild now and barable. I still get gastric refulx and cough up a lot of saliva in the morning but am use to that now. Hooray 5 days and no vomitting Im really enjoying 2nd trimester, its great to have energy back Im lasting longer at nights, not needing to have naps in the arvos and going to bed bit later now too 10ish instead of 9ish.

I was looking foward to my first mothers day, but it wasnt a nice day I woke up and was bleeding and felt very light period type pain. I have private health and called m obst but his partner said not to worry its common, wait til monday and get a scan. I couldnt really wait til Monday so for my own peice of mind, I went to the women and childrens hospital. They made me wait 5 hours in emergency before I got seen, I lost my patience, some mothers day! There was a lady next to me who could not stop throwing up, I had to walk out as it was making me feel like throwing up. Anyway my sister and her kids came to the hospital to see me and brought me flowers and a gift so it really brightened up my day. Scan showed that baby was all good, apparently its pretty common to spot bleed, I was coming down with UTI but cranberry juice has fixed that up!

I have been trying to make up my mind private v public Midwives group. I was put off waiting 5 hrs at public hospital and was dissapointed with the slow service going public in emergency. Then again whats the good about having private health insurance when it didnt help me when I was in emergency, so whats the point of having private health when private hospitals emergency wont take you in before 20 weeks?

I have had apts with both public and private. When I saw my obst I had a notepad with qestions, he took the pad off me and started to read through my scribbles answering some of the questions. I thought that was a bit rude, after the apt I realised that he missed some of the questions. If I go private my out of pocket expenses will be $2100 which doesnt bother me but I want to feel that I am getting my monies worth. When I went to public apt they thoroughly examined me and the apt was not rushed they were so friendly and gave me bag with books, dvd, info etc. They also checked my weight and chest as I have been coughing. The obst didnt do any of this, so why am I paying more to get less? I just dont get it? Anyway I got a letter from hospital,  I have not been accepted into the midwives group as they are totally full, so looks like my decision has been made Im going private as I want one one one. Now just need to decide if I am going to keep my obst or find another one. I am seeing him Friday and this time I am going to write any questions I have in Greek so he cant read it LOL!

charlottesmum04- thats great news that your DD doesnt have a clot, what a relief that you are all home safe. Now you can relax and enjoy your pregnancy.
Like you I have been asking around about food gender predictions and I have heard mixed stories of sweets and savoury for both genders so there goes that prediction! I wouldnt know what food category I fit into cause I havent had any cravings as yet. I use to eat chocolate every day before I was preg and now I dont feel like it at all.

suzyc - whats a doppler?

christmasiscoming - I love your 3D scans they are amazing, thanks for sharing, you have convinced me to get one! I hope the pain down your sides has dissapeared.

EDZ - I have also been calling our baby valentine as she/he was conceived on valentines day were you also baby dancing that day original.gif

Edited by BulaFiji, 21 May 2012 - 02:06 PM.

#73 onthecoast

Posted 21 May 2012 - 02:10 PM

Hi Everyone - I'm a bit of a watcher on the threads and don't really contribute as much as I know I should...

I just wanted to share my latest and thank Chief Pancake Make for adding your story  original.gif , I was asked to come in earlier than planned to see my GP last Thurs after my 12 week scan was on the Tues. DH and I panicked of course and all sorts of emotions were affecting us over night... 24 hours can feel like a lifetime..

So we went in and were told that the results from the scan came back as a high risk of trisomy 21 with a reported 1 / 100 change of DS, which should be for my age 1 / 600 chance.  ( not claiming to know if this info is correct term wise, but this is as I understand the results to be in our case )
Of course it was a massive shock to us, this is our first pregnancy and im 30 so we didn't think there would be any news like this for us.

Anyway - I jumped onto the forums here and found CPM's story and I just wanted to say thank you for sharing because Its so good to know we are not alone - We're booked in to Gosford Hospital tomorrow for a discussion with an obstetrician to discuss our next step which sounds like it will be a CVS.

I found this website to be very helpful if anyone else in NSW or Australia is looking for info...

http://www.genetics.edu.au/Information/Gen...tesisFS17c/view

#74 Chief Pancake Make

Posted 21 May 2012 - 06:59 PM

Thanks central coast mum.   I studied cytogenetics at uni so know a lot more than i want to.  I have a text book in my book case that I have refused to look at because I am trying to be optimistic and not look at the worst case scenario.  My Ob told me not to google - of course I have anyway.

I can tell you that the CVS wasnt nearly as bad as I thought it would be, but I cant make the not knowing or waiting any easier.  I would recommend getting the CVS done at a private ultrasound clinic if possible rather than a public hospital as the Dr/ob may have more experience. Ask the Ob for a recomendation for someone good.  Mine cost $510 but I got about half back from medicare.  the test will cost extra (havent got that bill yet)

My bosses wife had a baby daughter yesterday. I was planning on telling him what was going on  today but I guess that will have to wait.

#75 Ang1982

Posted 22 May 2012 - 02:55 PM

I haven't posted for a while but I have been stalking all your lovely ladies posts. Finally had my NT scan today haven't got the full results from bloods etc till Friday but all look good. All the bits and pieces were there and a heart beat. Measuring 2 days behind so I'm due 1st Dec but hell I might as well stay here. Fluid was minimal and there was a nasal bone so I'm not expecting any bad news. Picking up scan pictures at 3pm. Will post them when I get them.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

'My parenting style is Survivalist'

A helicopter or tiger mum, I am not.

8 mums reveal their favourite nappy bags

We asked a bunch of mums which nappy bags they love the most.

Why you shouldn't bother throwing a big first birthday party

If you're feeling the pressure to host an all-out, over-the-top shindig for your baby's birthday, I hereby grant you permission to throw the rules out the window.

The 24 baby names on the verge of extinction this year

If you're on the hunt for the perfect baby name and don't want a chart-topper like Oliver or Olivia, then do we have the list for you.

'My mum doesn't seem that interested in my baby'

Q: My mother and I have always been close, but now that I have a baby, she has not helped out as much as I thought she would.

New guidelines: "Bottle-feeding mums need support too"

Breast is best, but mums who can't, or choose not to breastfeed need support too.

Dads also struggle to 'have it all', study finds

Men and women both experience work-family conflict.

Language development may start in the womb

Study found babies can recognise foreign languages before birth.

Meet the baby born from an embryo frozen for 24 years

Experts say little Emma is a record breaking baby.

Advertisement

Advertisement

From our network

Five things you need to know about flu and pregnancy

As the 2017 flu season begins in earnest, here?s what you need to know to protect yourself and baby.

Mum tips to keep your pre-baby budget in check

Money might be funny in a rich man's world (or so ABBA told us), but for the rest of us it's a major consideration – particularly before having a baby.

5 easy ways to make your maternity leave last longer

Maternity leave is a special time for you, your partner and your new little bundle. The last thing you want is for financial worries to stand in the way of that joy.

10 ways to keep your 'buying for baby' costs down

Becoming a parent is full of surprises – not least of all finding out that, for such small beings, babies cause a lot of chaos and expense.

5 ways to prepare to go from two incomes to one

Here are some ideas for getting that budget in shape, ready for being a one income family.

Baby Names

Need some ideas?

See what names are trending this year.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.