Due in November, 2012 Chat Thread #7

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
112 replies to this topic

#26 whatnamenow

Posted 12 May 2012 - 08:46 PM

Christmasiscoming - Have fun on the Valley Rattler its a good trip and one i would love to do for mothers day.  If your heading there you must be somewhere in my neck of the woods.  I'm only about an hour/hour and a half from gympie but further north on the deadliest highway.  

Tanglez - the church have mostly been good.  We certainly dont cop anything for being at church or anything just were told that we couldnt be a leader in the church.  It was difficult to begin with as the lady who runs the childrens program did not deal with it well. ( words were spoken that left me in tears for many nights ) But after i spoke to the pastor and was assured that while the message was right ( as in i couldnt participate ) the way she spoke to me was way out of line.

8:30pm and so far the kids are still holding out on sleep.  They look like walking zombie's but insist "i'm not tired..." meanwhile i keep yawning.

#27 emnut

Posted 13 May 2012 - 12:09 AM

christmasiscoming - enjoy the train ride - I'll be leaving home at 7am for DS's football game in the freezing cold.

charlottesmum - it is sad that your church are so unaccepting of your pregnancy but glad you are working through it.  Do you live with your partner already - how do they view that if you do?

AA - love the FB status.  How long did it take for people to work it out?

Makkapakka - ouch

Losh - welcome

Hi to everyone else.

AFM all is going well.  Now on weekly ob visits for the next few weeks more for my sanity than anything.  Feeling kind of weird about it when there are no issues in the pregnancy so far but can feel the anxiety building.  Realised today it has been 3 days since I last vomited too so while not feeling great seems that for the most part the MS has gone (hope I'm not jinxing myself there).

Hope everyone has a great mothers day.

#28 ~MakkaPakka~

Posted 13 May 2012 - 08:34 AM

Happy Mothers day everyone

The kids wanted to make breakfest for me but I can't eat much, my jaw can hardley open (I think that the wisdom teeth extraction has managed to damage my TMJ muscles and I am also getting horrid refered pains from my jaw into my ear and head)   Just looking forward to it all healing and hopefully quickley.  

emnut:  I have everything crossed that you have no more nausia and vomiting.

Christmasiscoming:  AWWW sounds like a great day - have fun  biggrin.gif

#29 mellmatho

Posted 13 May 2012 - 05:11 PM

Happy Mothers Day everyone, Hope you have all had a good day.
Been a quiet one here..

Waiting patiently for wednesday to arrive for my first appt with midwives, get results from NT scan and get refferal for 18-20 week scan..

found out last night that my daughters bio dad is gonna be a dad again.. #3 for him.. my daughter is almost 7, then he has a 2yr old and now 7 weeks with #3, akeward as im 13w3d with my #2.. meaning my daughter will have 2 siblings born within weeks of each other.

#30 caroldiem

Posted 13 May 2012 - 07:01 PM

Happy mothers day everyone,

I had a great day but a bit of a vent about anouncing my pregnancy to the inlaws.

We told them last night and they weren't really excited at all my MIL said well it's still early days and we will get more excited as you get further along because of what happened last time. But last time i had a blighted ovum i never saw a baby with a heartbeat and i am now almost 13 weeks  rant.gif plus i have a DD already so i know my body can do this GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.

Oh well just a tad dissapointed

Edited by caroldiem, 13 May 2012 - 07:01 PM.

#31 chloe69

Posted 14 May 2012 - 12:59 PM

caroldiem -that is a disappointing comment from your MIL...what we want is offers of champagne and hugs and congratulations all round! Hopefully she'll come around soon and there will be flowers the next time you see her!

Hi Mums to be waves.gif

How is everyone else going breaking the news to their family and friends? We've told the In-laws and my mothers remotely (Skype and Phone on Mother's Day) and it isn't the same response that you get when it is in person! (It doesn't feel as exciting/connected..or maybe it is because I'm on Bub#2 and it is me that is different?).... anyway I'm telling my sister next...I'm looking forward to her reaction as I know she'll be excited foby the news!)

Anyway told the news in a special way?...or got an extreme reaction yet?
Anyone not telling until 20 weeks?

Take care
Chloe

#32 mellmatho

Posted 14 May 2012 - 01:34 PM

QUOTE (chloe69 @ 14/05/2012, 12:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
caroldiem -that is a disappointing comment from your MIL...what we want is offers of champagne and hugs and congratulations all round! Hopefully she'll come around soon and there will be flowers the next time you see her!

Hi Mums to be waves.gif

How is everyone else going breaking the news to their family and friends? We've told the In-laws and my mothers remotely (Skype and Phone on Mother's Day) and it isn't the same response that you get when it is in person! (It doesn't feel as exciting/connected..or maybe it is because I'm on Bub#2 and it is me that is different?).... anyway I'm telling my sister next...I'm looking forward to her reaction as I know she'll be excited foby the news!)

Anyway told the news in a special way?...or got an extreme reaction yet?
Anyone not telling until 20 weeks?

Take care
Chloe

We told my mum and my partners family the day we did the test, and then we told everyone else after my dating scan at 9 weeks.... with my first, noone except my mum knew until 20 weeks

#33 whatnamenow

Posted 14 May 2012 - 06:28 PM

just a short note for everyone.  

Have had a crappy crappy day.  My DD1 woke up with left sided weakness.  Spent the day up at the hospital.  End result is they think she may have had a small brain bleed.

Because our lovely small town has no MRI we are booked in wed 9:30am.  The nuero team at the Royal Childrens wanted it done today or tomorrow but since it was too late to fly her to brisbane and Bundaberg can get her in wed morning first thing they have decided as long as she is stable they will leave it till then.

Probably the worst thing in this means that it is more likely that my girl has the more deadly form of EDS than what she was diagnosed with.  Life expectance not past 40. sad.gif
It also means that we may have just created another child with the same short life expectancy.  I'm feeling very very guilty tonight.

#34 Chief Pancake Make

Posted 14 May 2012 - 07:57 PM

Charlottesmum so sorry to read your news, I guess days dont get much crapier than that.

As for me, Ive got the week off running around doing chores and going to appointments.  I have my CVS tomorrow morning.  I am getting a bit nervous as if something goes wrong it will be all my fault for wanting it.  Also tossing up when to tell everyone.  I should get the results for the 3 major trisomies back withing 72 hours, but will have to wait 2 weeks for the full karyotype.  I was planning on telling my family as soon as I have the fast results aand then boss next monday and my other friends at work after that. Only catch is my bosses 4th baby is due any minute so he might be away and I dont think its fair for him to be the last to know so I might as well wait for the full results.  At least he should be all warm and fuzzy about babies.  I guess its all dependant on the results being good.

#35 luckynumber2

Posted 14 May 2012 - 11:13 PM

Hello everyone,

I dont need to tell anyone now as my mother has already told everyone for me! Shegot to my two sisters long before I even had a sniff at ringing them with my news. nno2.gif

Normally I would completely shun any kind of attention but I have to say that Ihad no idea how great it would feel to tell people that I am having a baby-it’sa real thrill when everyone is so excited for you. They stop me in the street,come into work, ring me all to congratulate me. On that note…

Caroldiem I just read your note re the MIL and…umm…well… blink.gif eh???  I hope you have a really beautiful baby. I also hope that when the MIL arrives all excited to see it for the first time you hold your hand up to her and say "hold the excitement please, I did once upon a time have a blighted ovum you know”. I didn’t know what a blighted ovumwas but a quick google search revealed that at this stage of your pregnancy chances of a blighted ovum are goorrn. Congratulations, you must be so happy. I think you should givethe MIL a wide birth for a while and stick with positive supportive people.

Charlottesmum  I don’t know what they do once she has the MRIbut I really hope that it isn’t as bad as predicted. Brain bleed doesnt sound good. Poor darling. Either way don’t feel guilty,its not your fault and you can only do what you can do. BTW How did your mother’s day end up? (WWYD?Mother/mothers day question).

ChiefPancake Make it definitely depends on the results. Theyshould be able to tell you about the 3 trisomies while you’re there having thescan.  Once I found out that my baby was fine at 12weeks I phoned my boss. He was shocked, then he ignored me for bit, then he gotover himself. I am not saying your boss is the same but I felt like the worldhad been lifted off my shoulders once I told him. Plus your exactly right, your boss will be walking happier than ever after having a baby, trying to get hisfeet back on the ground, I bet he will be really pleased for you.

Is anyone starting to really show yet?? I couldnt do up one of my work skirts this morning which really shocked me. I put on some pants & they felt fine but then I had a look in the mirror and wooah it looked like someone had poured me into them and forgot to say waves.gif stop!

Good night all.

Edited by Rachel5, 14 May 2012 - 11:17 PM.

#36 flyingfree

Posted 14 May 2012 - 11:16 PM

Charlottesmum, thinking of you and DD in the coming days

Mellmatho, we probably will keep this pregnancy fairly quiet until 24 weeks since we lost our last 2 babies between 18-23 weeks, we haven't told the kids or parents yet but I have told a few close people and also got some support in place in case anything does go wrong for our kids.

Chief Pancake Maker, hope your CVS goes tomorrow and you get great results for this pregnancy.

#37 10to10

Posted 15 May 2012 - 11:04 AM

Hello everyone,

Well it's been an age since I posted and I'm working from home today so I finally have an opportunity to write without stressing that the boss is going to look over my shoulder! I have been reading though, and it's fab to see how people are now coming up on the other side of the first trimester sickness and getting good scan results.

jenmad - hope your DD is recovering well from the operation, and congrats on the house!

Chief & tanglez - no I didn't get a mother's day present either because apparently 'it doesn't count yet'. Pfft to that I say! A few of my friends texted me to say Happy Mother's Day though, which was v sweet of them.

Christmas - I too still have the pimples! Not so bad on my back now but I have had a few huge boils on my chin that no amount of concealer can disguise... Chatted to a friend who is 8 months along and she had them as well early on, but has beautifully clear skin now. So wit any luck we'll be 'glowing' soon!

Alacritous - I love your Facebook status! So much so that I may very well be stealing the idea when it's time to make the announcement, if that's ok :-)

MakkaPakka - ouch! Can't be much fun having your wisdom teeth out on top of everything else. Hope you're feeling better by now.

Losh - welcome & congratulations! I hope it all comes good with your fiance's family, the main thing is that you have each other.

Mellmatho - I have a half-brother (from my mum's side) and half-sister (from my dad's side), born less than 3 months apart, and it was never an issue for me. It was just fun having a baby to coo over in both houses!

Caroldiem - sorry your inlaws weren't more excited. But I'm sure they will soon change when they see that everything is progressing well. And a big fat HURRAH that you have come so far with this bub!

Chloe - we're about to start spreading the news. Everyone who doesn't know already is overseas so it will be phone calls and emails. Then Facebook in a couple of weeks when we've contacted all the people who we'd like to tell personally. I can't wait!

Charlottesum - so sorry about your news. Please don't feel guilty about your bub - I'm no expert but there is surely an equal chance that he/she won't have it - and even if he/she does, there's no guarantee that it will be a severe form, will it? Plus, life expectancies change all the time with new therapies becoming available, and a life expectancy of 40 with current medicine might end up being much more if a new treatment comes along. Big hugs to you and your family and I hope the scan goes ok tomorrow.

OK, I haven't done a personal update yet but it is time to stop blathering on and actually do some work! Sorry for the length of the post, I should just do shorter ones more often, hey?!

#38 Ms_Jae

Posted 15 May 2012 - 11:51 AM

Hi ladies,

Has everyone else had their booking in appointment with their hospitals yet?
Mine is 25th June.. Soooo far away.. I will be 19 weeks pregnant then.. No idea why so far away..

Mean time, I am feeling well, nothing to really worry about. Only that I am breaking out in lots of pimples. Getting Proactiv sent to me in a week or so, so hopefully it will help.

See you all soon..

Belly rubs

#39 Chief Pancake Make

Posted 15 May 2012 - 12:59 PM

Hi,

I had my CVS this morning.  It went really well.  They did an US first and decided they needed my bladder full so had to wait for it to fill.  So they did heap of ultra sound pics while we waited.  Everything looks perfect.   Its really sinking in now that we are having  baby.  

The actual CVS was not that bad.  I had 2 obs and an ultrasond technition.  The most painful bit was the local anaesthetic injection.   They did it through the abdomen not TV. YOu can feel the needle going in and moving round but doesnt really hurt - it feels a bit like vertical stabby pain - same as a pap smear or if you cervix gets pushed during BD, thats the best I can describe it.  the actual procedure took less than a minute.  I had to sign consent forms etc and the ob gave me 1/100-1/200 stat for miscarriage but my GP told me that this ob whad a record of 1/750.  I should have the results by 4pm tomorrow. I am being optimistic.

Hubby came with me and held my hand.  he is now quite excited and kept making sure it had the right number of arms and legs.  We got print outs of the pictures.   Hubby has taken one to work to scan while no one is looking.  I  was sitting in the waiting room waiting for hubby to get the car and a girl I work with walked in - she is about 12 weeks too - talk about blowing my cover.  I told her not to mention it to anyone at work.  

Now I am sitting at home taking it easy. The calm before the storm - when we tell everyone and all hell breaks loose.

Edited by Chief Pancake Make, 15 May 2012 - 04:44 PM.

#40 christmasiscoming

Posted 15 May 2012 - 09:52 PM

Hi girls   waves.gif

Just dropping by to let you know that I had my U/S yesterday ... finally !!  And everything was great  eexcite.gif

My stats (combined scan & bloodtest) put me at:

Trisomy 21:  1:6685
Trisomy 18:  1:17528
Trisomy 13:  1:54633

My HCG and Papp-A levels are still higher than expected so there were a few sneaky questions about the possibility that there might be more than one baby in there in the pre-scan discussion with the doctor but *phew* there was only one.  But it now makes sense that if my HCG is still high then it explains why I'm still feeling ill most mornings  sick.gif

My little bub spot on for dates so due date is still 14th November, heart rate was 148BPM and it measures a whole 7.99cm.

I've booked my next scan for 19w1d so not too long to wait really, another 5 weeks until we can find out if its going to be  babygirl.gif  or   babyboy.gif   !!  

I'm not sure if you can see my pic here but I'll try to link a copy of my scan pic for you too (in 3D).  

Click here for pic
Hopefully that works ...

Hoping everyone else is travelling well too xx

Edited by ~A2~, 21 May 2012 - 02:17 PM.
edited to add link, pic a bit big.

#41 luckynumber2

Posted 15 May 2012 - 10:02 PM

christmasiscoming Wow - you got 3D, thats amazing. Your figures look excellent too. A big congratulations from me. Is the 3D expensive?

#42 suzy-c

Posted 15 May 2012 - 10:02 PM

Wow, christmas, that's an awesome pic, great definition! Terrific NT numbers too. Congratulations!

#43 whatnamenow

Posted 16 May 2012 - 09:44 AM

Hi everyone,  First time I've been home since i did my last post as I've been by my DD's bed in hospital.  ( recliner chairs at hospitals are not comfy places for pregnant ladies to sleep!!! )

I am at home for about 3-4 hours as DD is getting taken to her MRI an hour and a half away with my mother  ( yes Rachel5 that mother ) because i cant go in there with her due to the baby. sad.gif  

Mothers day started off pretty sucky ( i got up and made breakfast for everyone while DP slept in ) But ended up ok with lunch and dinner made for me to make up for breakfast  and lots of cuddles and all my home made/school made craft pressie.  Best of all I STAYED HOME!!!!

I am going to head of soon to go get proper food.  ( so sick of crappy hospital food ) So sorry for no personals.  Not in a good headspace.

#44 franno

Posted 16 May 2012 - 10:08 AM

Charlottesmum - I really feel for you I can't imagine how heartbreaking it is to see your DD in hospital, keep us posted how she is doing and if you can try to take of yourself as well!!

Christmas those results are awesome - mind me asking how old you are? That scan is fantastic and although I am in Singapore I really really want to get one. I am going to look into it. I used your pic to show my helper, DH and friends staying that that is the same as what my baby looks like ATM.

Chief pancake - so so so glad everything went ok with the cvs. Fingers crossed for your results!!!

Sorry for no more as I can't go back a page.

I am reading twice a day but haven't written for a while. I had a day off yday as DD is sick and even though I took annual leave and also want feeling well I worked from home ALL day. My boss is my friend (we were friends first) And she became.my boss late last year and its not working. I have been at the company 8 years and loved it and done well. I have never been so nagged and micro managed. I am either going to resign or I have asked her to ask hr if I can go on mat leave early say mid-sept (2 months before). I am just over it and not in the headspace to deal with this. Problem is that I want the bugaboo bee (have the chameleon but it's too big to fit in a taxi) and a maxi cozi to fit the wheels. I earn a pretty good salary and I keep thinking that every month I work is all that extra income either for buying these baby things or putting away so if I leave now can I really forgo the potential for 7 months salary (5 months left + 4 months maternity leave - 2months notice period)???? Anyway I have a half day today so still lazing in bed as I have my ob appointment this morning.

Ciao!!

Edited by franno, 16 May 2012 - 10:09 AM.

#45 christmasiscoming

Posted 16 May 2012 - 10:19 AM

Morning !!

*Charlottesmum* So sorry to hear you're having a rough few days.  Hospital stays are never pleasant and it's heartbreaking when it's one of your kids.  Keep us updated with how she's going xx

*Rachel5* The 3D is quite expensive ($340 at a place here at Southbank in Brisbane) and I think we get only about $140 back - I'll let you know when I get to Medicare later today *eek*.  We've had 3D scans for every scan with both DS1 & DS2 so it was a no-brainer to do the same this time.  They give you a little booklet with a printout of all your stats (HB, length, Nuchal measure, all the things they've seen on the scan, your bloodtest results, your risk assessment) as well as 7 pages of pictures from your scan showing everything they measured/viewed and about 8-10 3D pictures as well.  And you get a copy of the scan on DVD to take home also.  I think it's well worth it, others might think that it's a waste of $$ but I love keeping the booklet to show family and we've also been able to compare the 3D pics from DS1 and DS2 to see if the stats are comparative and if there's similarities between their pictures.  We will have another one for our 19week scan and then we'll ask for a referral to have another one at about 33weeks for a final peek of what bubs is doing and how he/she is looking.  That one is particularly gorgeous to keep  wub.gif

*Franno* I turned 34yo earlier in the year so not a spring chicken but not in the higher risk age-group just yet either.  I think I just squeeze under  wink.gif

*Chief Pancake Maker* That's great news that your testing went well.  Be sure to pop in and let us know when you get your results.  And how's that for having someone else you know walk into the same waiting room ... did you know she was pregnant or had she kept it secret too?  

*StormGirl77*
  I haven't heard from my hospital yet ... I have to say it makes me a little nervous just waiting on these things but at the end of the day I guess if I go into labour and arrive on their doorstep, they'll just have to help me LOL  rolleyes.gif

AFM, my family and close friends have all known since we first found out we were pregnant so no surprises for them but I have now done my Facebook announcement and the news went down well which was nice.  I posted my 3D pic and told everyone that I was DEFINITELY deserving of Mothers Day breakfast in bed next year given that our 3rd bub is on it's way.  A few suprised responses but otherwise overwhelming congratulations which was lovely.  The only odd one was from my (somewhat crazy) uncle - I think we ALL have one of those - who asked whether I had been messing around with aliens ???  I'm guessing my 3D pic was a bit too much for him to comprehend  huh.gif    I also told my last EB DIG group (we have our own Facebook group now) and they were probably the most surprised of everyone - I think there's about 40 of us in the group and there's quite a few who are pregnant again due from Sep-Dec this year and most of them have announced early on that they were expecting again but we chose to keep this one to ourselves until we'd had our scan, just in case, so they were a little surprised when I told them I was 14weeks already LOL.  It's nice to have their support though too as they've obviously all had bubs of their own and have great advice when things are going a bit pear-shaped.  A little like we're all going to have in about 6 months time !!

Anyway, need to go warm up my hands and get some work done.  It's a cool, cool day here in Brissie !!

xx

Edited by christmasiscoming, 16 May 2012 - 10:35 AM.

#46 mellmatho

Posted 16 May 2012 - 12:48 PM

Just got back from my midwives appt:)
Got the results back from my NT scan that I had on the 4th..
results were NOT AT RISK
Downs-1:345
Trisomy 18-1:2150

Got to hear bubs heart beat:) 148bpm at 13+5
Have referral for morphology which is booked for 22nd June.
and ive lost 2.6kgs

#47 Spring Chickadee

Posted 16 May 2012 - 03:20 PM

Hello lovely Ladies!

Is there a FB group going for this group yet?

MellMatho- it's great to get good results back isnt it!

Charlottes mum04- thinking of you and your little one!

christmasiscoming- I find ultrasounds just amazing! great to see your littel one looking happy and healthy original.gif

Stormgirl77 - my booking in appointment is tomorrow, but i rang up to make it over a month ago.

AFM
I'd been having pains and aches for the past week and in the past 3 days it became very painful so I went to see the OBGYN quite concerned that I might loose the baby (these pains were sharp and frequent!). He checked the baby- doing great! Checked my cervix- nice and long! and it turns out it's most likely a bladder infection. Franno had told me to watch out for this.....Thanks Franno!

I've starting thinking all things baby (nursery design especially). I get a little carried away with ideas at times, DH tries to bring me back down and I get grumpy with him. haha

Absolutely Dying to know the gender! So excited Either way but I just need to know damn it! i have my next OBGYN appt at 17 weeks so might find out then, otherwise having an external scan at 19 weeks.

Actually starting to get a real bump now, I already had a little extra chub around the belly so it's just pushing that out further. The belly is getting bigger, but the rest of me must be getting smaller as I'm not gaining any weight. I'm sure this will be short lived.

New bamboo floors and carpets are going in today. so every room except for tiled ones will have brand spanking new floors by the end of the week. we've laid new tiles in the entryway, laundry and ensuite but our main bathroom is still a 70's bomb that needs to be gutted. We'll leave it until after the babies arrives (plus 6-12 months)

#48 mellmatho

Posted 16 May 2012 - 03:42 PM

QUOTE (Spring Chickadee @ 16/05/2012, 02:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hello lovely Ladies!

Is there a FB group going for this group yet?

MellMatho- it's great to get good results back isnt it!

Charlottes mum04- thinking of you and your little one!

christmasiscoming- I find ultrasounds just amazing! great to see your littel one looking happy and healthy original.gif

Stormgirl77 - my booking in appointment is tomorrow, but i rang up to make it over a month ago.

AFM
I'd been having pains and aches for the past week and in the past 3 days it became very painful so I went to see the OBGYN quite concerned that I might loose the baby (these pains were sharp and frequent!). He checked the baby- doing great! Checked my cervix- nice and long! and it turns out it's most likely a bladder infection. Franno had told me to watch out for this.....Thanks Franno!

I've starting thinking all things baby (nursery design especially). I get a little carried away with ideas at times, DH tries to bring me back down and I get grumpy with him. haha

Absolutely Dying to know the gender! So excited Either way but I just need to know damn it! i have my next OBGYN appt at 17 weeks so might find out then, otherwise having an external scan at 19 weeks.

Actually starting to get a real bump now, I already had a little extra chub around the belly so it's just pushing that out further. The belly is getting bigger, but the rest of me must be getting smaller as I'm not gaining any weight. I'm sure this will be short lived.

New bamboo floors and carpets are going in today. so every room except for tiled ones will have brand spanking new floors by the end of the week. we've laid new tiles in the entryway, laundry and ensuite but our main bathroom is still a 70's bomb that needs to be gutted. We'll leave it until after the babies arrives (plus 6-12 months)

Its the best feeling ever:) Im over the moon

I have a bump too:) Losing weight aswell though

#49 Chief Pancake Make

Posted 16 May 2012 - 05:00 PM

Hi,  

Ob called with results this afternoon.  Early results are inconclusive,  there is a 1/10 chance that something is wrong, though Ob said there was no indication on the US so is optimistic.  Shall have to wait and see what the full results say in 2 weeks.  sad.gif

#50 flyingfree

Posted 16 May 2012 - 05:47 PM

CPM - I am sorry the results haven't come back with the best of odds but try and stay positive you have 9 out of 10 chance baby is fine, I know it is easier said than done and try and relax over the next 2 weeks.  thinking of you

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

'My parenting style is Survivalist'

A helicopter or tiger mum, I am not.

8 mums reveal their favourite nappy bags

We asked a bunch of mums which nappy bags they love the most.

Why you shouldn't bother throwing a big first birthday party

If you're feeling the pressure to host an all-out, over-the-top shindig for your baby's birthday, I hereby grant you permission to throw the rules out the window.

The 24 baby names on the verge of extinction this year

If you're on the hunt for the perfect baby name and don't want a chart-topper like Oliver or Olivia, then do we have the list for you.

'My mum doesn't seem that interested in my baby'

Q: My mother and I have always been close, but now that I have a baby, she has not helped out as much as I thought she would.

New guidelines: "Bottle-feeding mums need support too"

Breast is best, but mums who can't, or choose not to breastfeed need support too.

Dads also struggle to 'have it all', study finds

Men and women both experience work-family conflict.

Language development may start in the womb

Study found babies can recognise foreign languages before birth.

Meet the baby born from an embryo frozen for 24 years

Experts say little Emma is a record breaking baby.

Advertisement

Advertisement

From our network

Five things you need to know about flu and pregnancy

As the 2017 flu season begins in earnest, here?s what you need to know to protect yourself and baby.

Mum tips to keep your pre-baby budget in check

Money might be funny in a rich man's world (or so ABBA told us), but for the rest of us it's a major consideration – particularly before having a baby.

5 easy ways to make your maternity leave last longer

Maternity leave is a special time for you, your partner and your new little bundle. The last thing you want is for financial worries to stand in the way of that joy.

10 ways to keep your 'buying for baby' costs down

Becoming a parent is full of surprises – not least of all finding out that, for such small beings, babies cause a lot of chaos and expense.

5 ways to prepare to go from two incomes to one

Here are some ideas for getting that budget in shape, ready for being a one income family.

Baby Names

Need some ideas?

See what names are trending this year.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.