Due in November, 2012 Chat Thread #7

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
112 replies to this topic

#101 catty81

Posted 30 May 2012 - 07:52 PM

Hi ladies, I haven't posted or read in ages so am going back reading few the past few threads to catch up.  Just thought I would say a quick hi first.  Hope everyone is well and feeling better now we've all hit our 2nd trimester.

#102 Ms_Jae

Posted 30 May 2012 - 08:05 PM

Hi guys,

Im the same, havent been in for a bit.. Nothing really happening on my side.. Just very anxious to get my midwife appointments going.. Still have til the end of June for that. Not sure if I should go to the gp for a check up or what..

I am so ready for this bub.. I have most things now and just want the time to just fly now.

#103 catty81

Posted 30 May 2012 - 09:04 PM

i'm back.  wow that was a lot of info to digest.  

i think i've said it before... i am hopeless with personals.  i do read everyone's posts and think of what i want to say in reply but by the time i hit the add reply button i've forgotten.  i have the worst case of baby brain lol

some of you have been through some pretty rough times.  so just wanted to say *hugs* and i'm so happy things are working out for everyone.  

i have an embarrassing confession... i haven't booked into hopsital yet.  i went to see the doctor at 8 weeks and he gave me some forms.  i thought he was going to forward them to the hospital but now at 16 weeks i haven't heard anything from them so i'm assuming he told me to do it and i forgot.  now i am terrified that they won't accept me and my baby will be born in a barn like jesus.  

things in my world have been pretty stressful.  we have been living with DH's mother for the past four months while we build our own house.  one night she started on me about the way i raise my kids and i lost it and told her pretty much that she had her chance and ruined her kids lives so she has no right to tell me how to raise mine...  well now it's been at least a month since she has spoken to me at all.  in fact, she actually went to stay with friends of hers.  i feel a bit guilty but she has been horrible to me since we moved in.  the first thing she said when DH told her about our BFP was "you don't need anymore kids"  so anyways, we finally found a rental house and move in tomorrow.  i can't wait!

i am hanging for my 20 week scan so i can find out if i'm having pink or blue.  i'm thinking i might cheat and go to one of those 3d ultrasound places that claim they can tell from 16 weeks.  

oops i'm sorry for my long post.  from now on i will try and keep up to date, makes it so much easier!

#104 franno

Posted 30 May 2012 - 10:47 PM

CPM - yay!! With DD we found out and told everyone we didn't know. This time people know we are finding out and not telling I think it's going to be harder as I think they will pressure more. Why do they get annoyed? It's our prerogative right? Anyway I told EB already which is more than I did last time.

#105 Ms_Jae

Posted 31 May 2012 - 12:16 PM

TJ - Yes pretty much.. I have everything laid out and ready.. Just need to get the odd bits and pieces. Also got the car seat on layby.
We are not finding out the sex so lots of things are either yellows, reds, greens etc.. I am just overly excited now.

Catty - I am the same.. I go blank when it comes to doing personals.

Today, well my bump is showing and my DP always laughs when I laugh because my belly button pops out when I laugh. He yells out, I have an outty. lol.

#106 annie82

Posted 31 May 2012 - 12:46 PM

I got a giggle out of two things in this forum today - telling people the sex (how is it anyone's business but yours? lol. Yet they take it personally and get annoyed! it's unbelievable!)  
And Catty81 - I'm sure they won't make you birth in a barn! lol I did get a chuckle out of that though.  My last shared care appointment they told me not to book into the hospital until after the 19 week scan (I guess it's lower demand out here in the country?); I think I'll do it a bit earlier just to be sure...
Catty - your mother-in-law sounds like a piece of work. I think it's outrageous that some people who couldn't cope as parents themselves think they have the right to judge others' parenting... as if it's not hard enough without the judgmental and spiteful comments.  I'm so glad to hear you've found a rental.

Stormgirl - amazing that you're ready - I've barely just got my maternity clothes sorted (and even then it's pretty patchy!)  Good work. Did you get everything new or some hand-downs or second hand?

CPM - I didn't know the stats for CVS but sounds like you made the right decision.  I really feel for people who have high risk pregnancies and/or get ambiguous test results, the waiting game is cruel, not to mention if you got a positive for a trisomy etc and had to go through that painful decision...

Anyway, enough of a downer, I'm home sick today with a head cold - thanks bub :S Colds are no fun without cold medication and nasal sprays...  Steam and vicks just don't cut it original.gif

Take care everyone original.gif

#107 Ms_Jae

Posted 31 May 2012 - 02:36 PM

Annie - Bit of both really.. I tend to see it and then buy it, whether on ebay or in a shop. lol

#108 jenmad

Posted 31 May 2012 - 05:37 PM

Been a while since I posted. Looks as though all is going well with everyone for the most part.

My mum is desperate to know the babies gender. We are not finding out. Last pregnancy she refused to knit anything for the baby because we wouldnt find out. Meanwhile knitting everything she could for my sister in laws daughter - go figure. Some people think its about them and you should tell them because its convenient for them. I'd like to know for myself (but wont) but I dont think Id tell everyone. Its sort of an anti climax when babies arrive and everyone knows the name and gender ahead of time. But thats just my take on it.

I also had a freind told it was a girl. It came out a boy. She had bought everything pink, painted the room and all. She found it hard to deal with.

16 weeks and 6 days here. Time is going so quickly i cannot believe it. Started to pack as we are moving to a new house in July. I am also going back to work almost full time to boost my mat leave (public service jobs are great!).

#109 10to10

Posted 31 May 2012 - 06:13 PM

Right, not leaving as long between posts this time so I don't end up writing a novel!

airly and annie82 - welcome!

I actually have very little to add! Pretty much told everyone who we wanted to tell personally, am now dreaming up an inventive status update to put on Facebook..!

We're not going to find out the sex - it really doesn't affect us either way as we don't have any other children. And then we don't have to keep it a secret from anyone, phew!

I think I'm going to wait until 20 week scan to start buying stuff, unless I spy an unbelievable bargain on a cot/pram/car seat.  We have to get rid of the damp problem in the nursery first, otherwise everything we buy will end up covered in mould!!

I'm only 13w6d so no bump yet - looking forward to entertaining people with my belly button...

#110 catty81

Posted 31 May 2012 - 07:04 PM

Annie glad I made you giggle!  I called the hospital today and they said no worries.  I'm going to a country hosp too (Healesville) so I guess it's pretty laid back there.  

Sorry you aren't feeling great.  My DD and I are both recovering from tonsillitis.  I found that lemsip was my bestfriend for a couple of weeks!  Hope you get better quick.

TJ my DH is the only boy in his family so he can do no wrong.  In fact once he cooked dinner and his mother was shocked and said she felt sorry for him having a lazy wife.  OMG this woman is pure evil!

StormGirl, wow I can't believe you have everything ready.  Well done!  I have a few bits and pieces but want to find out if pink or blue before I buy more.

Hi to everyone else original.gif

#111 Spring Chickadee

Posted 31 May 2012 - 08:16 PM

Hi everyone, just popping in to update.

I found out on Tuesday we are having a boy, we are both very excited and now I'm starting to be able the plan for and visualise our baby a little more. It makes it that bit more real (I dont think it's feel totally real until they hand me that screaming baby).

I bought a few little cute boy things to celebrate.

Belly is still growing nicely and i posted a pic in the belly thread.

#112 Chief Pancake Make

Posted 31 May 2012 - 08:22 PM

WOW the thread has suddenly gotten so busy again, I guess every one telling friends and family is kind of exciting.  

The same person who was annoyed yesterday, today said she knows she doesnt NEED to know the sex of the baby - but by the end of the pregnancy she is going to break me and make me tell. roll2.gif she is a bit of a control freak.

I saw the cuttest little cream jump suit with elephants on it at bigW  - thats nongender specific!!!

My mother managed to give her first bad parenting judgment - she doesnt know why any one should find out the sex - it should be a surprise to every one.  Well I think giving birth to a baby will be surprise enough - I dont need any more.  

When we told my MIL that we were expecting she said to me "so you just did a pregnancy test today"   mmmmmm no.   She really thought we would tell her that early, I dont think she is impressed we kept it a secret for so long.

#113 ~A2~

Posted 31 May 2012 - 09:43 PM

Thread closed

New thread here

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

'My parenting style is Survivalist'

A helicopter or tiger mum, I am not.

8 mums reveal their favourite nappy bags

We asked a bunch of mums which nappy bags they love the most.

Why you shouldn't bother throwing a big first birthday party

If you're feeling the pressure to host an all-out, over-the-top shindig for your baby's birthday, I hereby grant you permission to throw the rules out the window.

The 24 baby names on the verge of extinction this year

If you're on the hunt for the perfect baby name and don't want a chart-topper like Oliver or Olivia, then do we have the list for you.

'My mum doesn't seem that interested in my baby'

Q: My mother and I have always been close, but now that I have a baby, she has not helped out as much as I thought she would.

New guidelines: "Bottle-feeding mums need support too"

Breast is best, but mums who can't, or choose not to breastfeed need support too.

Dads also struggle to 'have it all', study finds

Men and women both experience work-family conflict.

Language development may start in the womb

Study found babies can recognise foreign languages before birth.

Meet the baby born from an embryo frozen for 24 years

Experts say little Emma is a record breaking baby.

Advertisement

Advertisement

From our network

Five things you need to know about flu and pregnancy

As the 2017 flu season begins in earnest, here?s what you need to know to protect yourself and baby.

Mum tips to keep your pre-baby budget in check

Money might be funny in a rich man's world (or so ABBA told us), but for the rest of us it's a major consideration – particularly before having a baby.

5 easy ways to make your maternity leave last longer

Maternity leave is a special time for you, your partner and your new little bundle. The last thing you want is for financial worries to stand in the way of that joy.

10 ways to keep your 'buying for baby' costs down

Becoming a parent is full of surprises – not least of all finding out that, for such small beings, babies cause a lot of chaos and expense.

5 ways to prepare to go from two incomes to one

Here are some ideas for getting that budget in shape, ready for being a one income family.

Baby Names

Need some ideas?

See what names are trending this year.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.