Hi all

new thread time

Previous thread

Regards

Ali

#2 emnut

Posted 07 May 2012 - 12:45 PM

Gold for me.

Noting to say really other than I've gradually become less stressed & happier than I was on Friday & back to normal today - now to go back to cleaning.

Hi to everyone

#3 Spring Chickadee

Posted 07 May 2012 - 05:09 PM

Silver!

Sorry I haven't done personals in a while. having a very busy/stressful time with work and can't just burn the midnight oil like I used to. It's hard for some work colleagues to understand. Last night I was exhausted and really needed to rest for a few years then go to bed nice and early, tried to push myself and work rather then switch off and  ended up by the toilet tired, spewing and over it. I've already given the warning for tonight that I will do what I can, but I cannot physically work into the wee hours of the morning. my body just gives up and wants me to get it's 12 hours sleep.

Edited by Spring Chickadee, 07 May 2012 - 05:13 PM.

#4 CLT

Posted 07 May 2012 - 06:07 PM

Thanks for the welcome wink.gif
Very tired and I know this is just the beginning...DD woke up at 11 and it took two hrs and lots of boobies to settle sad.gif anyone trying to wean their LO? I want to nightwean but too scared lol especially last night I had to brush my teeth and pee. Left her in the room for two minutes by herself and I felt so bad. I tried to settle without boob and she wouldn't...kept saying mama mama and cried sad.gif

#5 christmasiscoming

Posted 08 May 2012 - 09:15 AM

Hi everyone,

*CLT*
I've just comletely weaned my DS2 over the Easter weekend but admittedly he was rarely waking during the night.  He was 15months then.  He was ready though, he'd started to almost protest at night when it was time for his bedtime feed and I was feeling a bit blegghhh from this new pregnancy so it was an easy decision to send him to bed without a feed, and just see how he went.  Turns out he was a-ok and has gone to bed and resettled if he's woken at night without too much drama also - but the temptation is still there when he wakes to just feed him.  It's such a hard thing to decide to do ... and harder again to contemplate having to try other (in my opinion, much more tedious) settling techniques if they wake.  Feeding is such a great settling technique for those middle of the night wake ups.  Can your partner help to settle during the night as this might help if it's not you as the expectation from your DD is probably there that you'll feed her when she wakes whereas she doesn't have that expectation from your partner?  The others might have some more suggestions for you.  Good luck x

Well I'm counting down the days until my scan (next Monday) - which reminds me, I have to go have my blood test done today so my results are there !!  Wow, just thought about that !!  I'd better get my butt off this computer and get out the door  biggrin.gif

Off to enjoy some of this glorious Brisbane sunshine today and top up my fruit supplies - those mandarins are still tasting pretty darn good these days and I'm finding that I dont have any real cravings for chocolate or sweets at night time so these are hitting that after dinner spot  ... probably a good thing LOL.

#6 mellmatho

Posted 08 May 2012 - 02:34 PM

Almost into the second trimester:) yay cant wait..
Feeling great although Ive been pretty slack at eating, I keep forgetting to eat throughout the day, but am eating dinner...
Still another week until I see the midwives and get my results back from last weeks NT scan.. and to get a referral for 18-20 week scan, hoping to do it around 18 weeks, cant wait to find out the gender:)..

Not having to get up as much during the night either to go the toilet which is good, last night only twice, much better then the every half hour..
Still having days where I dont feel pregnant though, but can see my belly growing original.gif

#7 BulaFiji

Posted 08 May 2012 - 04:14 PM

Hi all,

Im pretty new to this thread.  Im 14 weeks today hooray its been such a relief to have 4 days with no vomitting. biggrin.gif The nausea has reduced and is bareable now.  Im still coughing up lots of salava, seem to cough more at night and first thing in the morning.  Previously I would cough and then gag and vomit, however I have now been concentrating on my breathing when I get a coughing attack and take a strepsil which has soothed the throat and stopped me from vomitting.  When will this coughing up salava end?  I have stopped taking maxalon and Reni 2, I wonder if that is why I am feeling better?  Feels good not to have intigestion either, ah what a relief after all this time, I hope this is a sign that things are getting better original.gif  Still gaging every time I brush my teeth Im using Aloe Vera toothpaste, I use to vomit every time I used toothpaste with floride in it.  Only waking up 2-3 times during the night for toilet, which has also reduced.  I still wake up about 4am and then feel hungry so I nibble on some blueberry muffin then try to get back to sleep but am so mentally awake, dont end up falling asleep til 5.30am and then my alarm goes off at 7.30am for work and I so dont want to get up!

I hope everyone else is starting to see some improvement and feeling better from the MS.

#8 cmoniqued

Posted 08 May 2012 - 04:20 PM

Thought I better drop in and say hi. Have been reading but concentration levels haven't been the best so finding replying all a bit much! Finally feel like I am coming out from the nausea haze although my appetite still isn't quite there (which is contributing to the lack of concentration I think). Had my ob appointment a few weeks ago and all was good except he found a largish cyst that he wants to keep an eye on. Has/does any one else had/have this? Think it may have been contributing to a lot of my bloating which now seems to be subsiding so I am hoping that means it is shrinking by itself. Have my 12 week us next Tuesday and rather excited about that!

#9 tanglez

Posted 08 May 2012 - 06:25 PM

Hiya all,

Quickie from me, flat out with work, feeling pretty good though still tired, 15 weeks yesterday woop woop, finally got combined blood and US results back - all fine and dandy, tiniest bit of spotting on weekend, doc not worried jst taking it easier! My belly has POPPED, my colleagues who know were all commenting on it today (I don't have any loose clothes left to hide it so now I'm flaunting lol!)

Anyways, welcome welcome to the newbies, great to have you on board the November Preggi Express! How exciting that our next big milestone might just be finding out boys/girls! Oooh oooh ooooh! Time for an icecream me thinks

Belly rubs to all!

Edited by tanglez, 08 May 2012 - 06:26 PM.

#10 franno

Posted 08 May 2012 - 10:27 PM

Tanglez - what does he think the spotting was? Was it after sex ? It must have been scary? Glad it was tiny and nothing to worry about.

Cmoniqued - Hi! No I havent seen anyone with a cyst maybe post in the pregnancy Q&A??

Bulafiji - glad the nausea has stopped - the only coughing from me has been the past few days caught it off DD. are stepsils ok? If you are taking regularly you might want to check it out as I had in the back of my head no stepsils in pregnancy.

So I had an urgent appt today as I rang up feeling unsettled about pain I had been feeling in my stomach on and off since Sat. She scanned - everything fine. 13w1d which brings me back to original dates. Bub 7cm so grown since my 12 week scan 5.2cm. It was great she saw me within an hour of calling and she told me baby looks secure and I ned to relax more, then she took some urine to test. Well bloody lucky I went with my instincts and went as I have a urine infection and on antibiotics for a week!!

#11 BulaFiji

Posted 09 May 2012 - 04:47 PM

Hi franno,
thanks for querying strepsils, I asked the pharmasist and he said it was ok to take them.  I searched on line and have found conflicting information about them, so I will ask my obs when I see him next and stop taking them just in case.

Sounds like you have a great obs for seeing you straight away, Im glad that the scan was all good.  Thats no good about the UTI I hope the antibiotics helps.  I felt like I was getting a UTI last night but today I dont feel any discomfort.
[

#12 jenmad

Posted 09 May 2012 - 05:32 PM

Hi All

Glad to hear a lot of the morning sickness is subsiding and everyone is tracking along well.

AFM- Got back from Fiji on Monday. Had my ultrasound yesterday and all my results were excellent so that is a big relief. Measuring perfectly to the day so that is great too.

DD had an operation today for an umbilical hernia. So sitting trying to keep her happy and calm. She is being very brave.

Also got the house at auction. Very exciting. So we move in 10 weeks. Very scary, lots to organise. Need to get back into real life now from holiday mode sad.gif

Still vomiting and sick. But I was sick till 18 weeks with DD so not expecting it to clear for a little longer. But who knows... I might get lucky.

#13 Chief Pancake Make

Posted 10 May 2012 - 07:48 AM

Yah!!!   I have made it to 12 weeks (according too my dates).   Still have to wait til next week for my scan/CVS and results to am counting down the days.  I am a bit sad I cant tell every one on mothers day, but in the grand scheme of things I guess it doesnt matter.  

I told hubby I want a present for mothers day (he doesnt understand subtle) he offered to take me to yum cha (cos he wanted to go to yum cha) I said no, it has to be a physcial present.  I know in years to come I''ll be lucky to get a cup of tea for breakfast so i am trying to train him early.  

I know that my "new" week start on a thursday, but didn't realise hubby was taking much notive when i say - 9 weeks today etc.  Last thursday I gotup in the morning and the first thing he said was "so you're 11 weeks today"  kind of cute really.  

Well I have procrastinated enough, am off to battle with my toothbrush andhope I dont see breakfast again.

#14 BulaFiji

Posted 10 May 2012 - 03:21 PM

jenmad - Welcome back from Fiji!  I love Fiji been there twice and still dreaming about going back in a year or two.  Where did you go? Hope you enjoyed the fiji time, its always hard to get back into mode after the good life in Fiji.  Wishing your DD a speedy recovery.  Good luck with the auction, you have your hands full.

cmoniqued - my friend had a cyste and it went away on its own after a month, so I hope the same happens to you.

christmasiscoming - can you eat a mandarine for me, I miss eating them, they give me intigestion.  

#15 jenmad

Posted 10 May 2012 - 06:03 PM

cmoniqued- I had an ovarian cyst through my first pregnancy and it is still there coming into my second (still visable at 12 week ultrasound). Hasn't caused me many issues.

Is it a ovarian cyst or corpus luteum? I was told pregnancy is generally the best cure as the hormones shrink them down. Hopefully yours goes away quickly.

#16 tanglez

Posted 10 May 2012 - 06:44 PM

Hi hi everyone!

Franno - I had/have a small subchorionic haemorage so bleeding likely related to that but noting to worry about unless it happens again! Hope your infection is all cleared up, and big congrats on scan results original.gif

TJ - he he re flaunting it, I better watch the icecream intake or I'll be flaunting more than a round tummy! Hope today was a whole let less boring with your visitor!

Jenmad - wow super exciting times for you, welcome back and all the best with your auction and move! Bet you glad you are doing it sooner rather than later wink.gif Hope your DD is recovering well!

Chief - I told my partner I wanted something for mother's day and he told me I wasn't a mother yet! Luckil for him my emotions have actually settled this week because last week, YIKES, he would have seen the cra cra woman lmao! I should have said, oh, ok since I'm not  mother perhaps it will be ok if I go back to roller derby training, drinking vodka and heck why not take up smoking too, no mother responsibilities going on here hehehe! huge congrats on the 12 week mark, it is really so exciting and unless you have been there, it is hard to explain the significance! Awesome awesome news!

AFM - One of my students parents asked me the big question today, apparently they all noticed the popping belly after the weekend! Thankfully they were happy and supportive, guess it is time to make the formal announcement to the kids too. Had really hoped to hide it for a little bit longer but it seems I am just one of those women that show early! Very glad it is almost the end of the week, had a cpl LONG days and they took their toll. Time for some yummy dinner and feet up!

lly rub to all!

#17 Liddylou

Posted 10 May 2012 - 07:23 PM

Hi all
Haven't been in much, half because I haven't wanted to let myself get excited after losing my little boy last year
15 weeks today and all going well I had a mini morphology scan today because of my history and am cautiously excited to be expecting a little girl. I have 2 boys 7 and 5 and my angel boy to.  Hasn't quite sunk in .
I read everyones updates and hope you all continue to go well with your scans etc.!
And for those still suffering sickness that it eases soon I was pretty sick but turned a corner this week and almost feel normal!!

#18 christmasiscoming

Posted 10 May 2012 - 10:32 PM

Hi everyone,

*Chief Pancake Maker*   Congrats on your 12 weeks.  I too am feeling a little bummed that I cant make grand Mother's Day announcements to everyone ... sounds silly when I say it out loud but I just thought that would make it that much more fun to announce it on Mother's Day.  Although I'll be 13w4d on Sunday, I dont have my scan until Monday afternoon so it'll just have to be a day late with my fabulous announcement !!  Good luck for your scan x  Oh, and for the record, I think we all deserve Mother's Day presents.  There's DEFINITELY enough going on inside for it to count !!

*BulaFiji*  I'm off the mandarins tonight ... I've found the new Cadbury Marvellous Creations chocolate - the one with the Crunchy Bits and Jelly Bits - OMG, it's fantastic !!

*Tanglez*  I'm showing so much earlier this time than with DS1 and DS2.  In the morning it's almost normal, to anyone elses' eyes anyway, but by this time of night it's popping out for all to see.  I am finding myself subconsciously sucking in my belly all day because I'm starting to feel a bit 'fat' but by the end of the day I'm aching inside from holding my muscles in so long and I think it just goes "bleeeeehhhhhhhh" and all that resistance to the bulge is gone and I just let it all hang out LOL.

*Jenmad* Congrats on the house !!  Take it easy moving, enlist lots of helpers original.gif

*Liddylou* Special congrats to you to for your 15week milestone.  So exciting to find out the sex - I haven't even had my 12wk scan yet but cant wait until the next one to find out and start planning for another boy or our first girl.  Congrats again x

So AFM, I'm still sick sad.gif  I had a couple of better days on exactly the 12 week mark but it has returned in the last couple of days so we're not quite over that hurdle  sick.gif   And the other thing I'm finding is that I feel really quite ordinary all day.  I dont feel sick exactly but just dont feel well, if that makes sense.  The last couple of days I've had some pain down my sides which I'm telling myself is stretching pains (or sucking in my bulge for too long pains LOL) but I just feel a bit achey all through my middle section.  It's too early to be achey - I have 27weeks to go *eek*    Oh, and I still have pimples cropping up like I'm 15yo again and I just generally look and feel really ordinary.  I'm holding out hope that the gender prediction about girl babies taking all your 'good looks' early on in the pregnancy is true and we'll be having a girl  babygirl.gif   I'm certainly not about to go buying pink on that basis alone but it's nice to dream LOL.

Anyway, off to put my feet up.  DH is working late but he'll be home shortly and be instructing me to get the laptop away from the baby LOL.

Belly rubs to everyone (and sorry for the epic post - I can never seem to keep them short  rolleyes.gif )

#19 Alacritous~Andy

Posted 11 May 2012 - 12:09 PM

Hi everyone,

We have finally told all the people we wanted to personally, so I just posted a status on Facebook.  

We have been renovating our house, so I put "DH and I are planning some more renovations.  We are adding two feet to the nursery in November."

I wonder how long it will take people to click.  original.gif

#20 ~MakkaPakka~

Posted 11 May 2012 - 06:04 PM

feeling a bit sore and sorry for myself today - I had my two bottom wisdom teeth out and the pain is horrible.

Alacritous~Andy:  I am having my NT scan on tuesday and I am thinking about telling everyone then.  I love the little status update you wrote for FB  wub.gif

#21 lilloshyslilbub

Posted 11 May 2012 - 08:58 PM

Hi everyone. My name is Lauren but I get called "losh" I'm 23 and am currently on the Gold Coast. I've just decided to jump on and introduce myself...my older sister recommended I sign up to this site as a lifeline through my first (very unexpected) pregnancy. She gained alot of support and friends talking about their little bundles of joy.
I'm 12 weeks and 4 days today, this week I went for my 12 week scan and everything was perfect although I haven't got the final test results back yet.
I found out about my little surprise at 8 weeks and had a scan at 9 weeks so I saw my baby as a little jelly bean just starting to grow arms and legs...it was quite a shock.
Fortunately I have a very supportive family and so far they've all been mostly excited.
My fiance is taking a little more time to fully accept this next step in our lives. His family and himself are practising catholics and so our relationship has not been the smoothest of rides. We haven't told anyone on his side of the family yet and its hard to say when he will be ready to. We love each other more then ever and so I know we'll work it out but it may not be with the support of his family.

So thats my story. Pregancy wise I'm fine, obviously the first 2 months I was totally un aware of what was going on inside and now its not much different. I felt a little sick in the mornings the last 2 weeks gone but that seems to be passing now. My biggest problem seems to be sleeping, I've always slept well and now I can't seem to settle or get comfy...It makes me extra tired during the day but I'm unemployed so thats one good thing about not having a job right now.

Hope everyone else is well!

Lil Losh. roll2.gif

#22 caroldiem

Posted 12 May 2012 - 01:54 PM

Hi everyone,

still here doing a lot of reading but not much posting. I had my 12 week scan on Wednesday and all is good bub is spot on for dates actually a day ahead and the heartbeat is nice and strong 161bpm i got my results back and my odds are pretty good at 32 as well so it's finally time to tell the inlaws today. The only people that know are my parents are sister and acquaintances who i have come across who are preggers too hehehe

#23 whatnamenow

Posted 12 May 2012 - 03:00 PM

losh -   My fiance and I ( getting married in 6 weeks 2 hours time!!) are both born again christians.   We were very heavily involved in our church.  After it came out that I'm pregnant we are dealing with the fallout.  We are now not allowed to be involved in working in the churchs kids programs because we didnt uphold the christian values.  It has been a big test of our relationship and our faith.  So just wanted to say a big welcome and bbighug.gif for the times to come.
makkapakka - ouch!  Wisdom teeth hurt.

All quiet here....  The kids had a sleepover at our church last night so didnt go to sleep until 2am.  Consequently they are tired cranky and arguing over nothing.  Is it wishful thinking that they might then go to sleep early and give me a nice mothers day tomorrow with no fighting?

#24 tanglez

Posted 12 May 2012 - 06:18 PM

Happy Mother' Day for tomorrow everyone, what a special mother's day it will be!

Short personals today - big welcome to Losh and hugs to Charlottesmum - keep the faith (I am unmarried and Catholic but am lucky to be involved in a very progressive church and have their full support, I hope you can find such a community to support you xox) Makka Pakka eowch, poor darlin hope the recovery is QUICK! Alactricious Andy I wish I could "like" your status, it rocks!

All great here, have my mum, brother and nan coming down for lunch tomorrow which will be so special! Received sad news a couple days ago that has reminded me how precious life is so currently counting each and every one of my blessings and trying to appreciate every moment! Love and belly rubs to all xox

#25 christmasiscoming

Posted 12 May 2012 - 08:31 PM

A quick one for me ...

Happy Mother's Day for tomorrow to everyone.  Put your feet up, relax and demand a little bit of spoiling !!

We're spending the day on a train tomorrow - a steam train tour that departs from Gympie - so we'll be up at the crack of dawn to drive to Gympie for 9am.  No sleep in, no breakfast in bed LOL ... but it will be great as my sisters and their kids are coming as well as my parents so it will be a fun day all together.  Looks like McDonalds will be providing me with a Mother's Day hashbrown on the way  biggrin.gif

Have a great day everyone x

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

'My parenting style is Survivalist'

A helicopter or tiger mum, I am not.

8 mums reveal their favourite nappy bags

We asked a bunch of mums which nappy bags they love the most.

Why you shouldn't bother throwing a big first birthday party

If you're feeling the pressure to host an all-out, over-the-top shindig for your baby's birthday, I hereby grant you permission to throw the rules out the window.

The 24 baby names on the verge of extinction this year

If you're on the hunt for the perfect baby name and don't want a chart-topper like Oliver or Olivia, then do we have the list for you.

'My mum doesn't seem that interested in my baby'

Q: My mother and I have always been close, but now that I have a baby, she has not helped out as much as I thought she would.

New guidelines: "Bottle-feeding mums need support too"

Breast is best, but mums who can't, or choose not to breastfeed need support too.

Dads also struggle to 'have it all', study finds

Men and women both experience work-family conflict.

Language development may start in the womb

Study found babies can recognise foreign languages before birth.

Meet the baby born from an embryo frozen for 24 years

Experts say little Emma is a record breaking baby.

Advertisement

Top 5 Articles

Advertisement

From our network

Five things you need to know about flu and pregnancy

As the 2017 flu season begins in earnest, here?s what you need to know to protect yourself and baby.

Mum tips to keep your pre-baby budget in check

Money might be funny in a rich man's world (or so ABBA told us), but for the rest of us it's a major consideration – particularly before having a baby.

5 easy ways to make your maternity leave last longer

Maternity leave is a special time for you, your partner and your new little bundle. The last thing you want is for financial worries to stand in the way of that joy.

10 ways to keep your 'buying for baby' costs down

Becoming a parent is full of surprises – not least of all finding out that, for such small beings, babies cause a lot of chaos and expense.

5 ways to prepare to go from two incomes to one

Here are some ideas for getting that budget in shape, ready for being a one income family.

Baby Names

Need some ideas?

See what names are trending this year.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.