Due in December 2012 Chat thread #7

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
124 replies to this topic

#76 grasshopper10

Posted 06 May 2012 - 01:34 PM

First dating scan showed measurement of 6.3wks and HB was 94-96, but it was done on tummy scan only. Not sure if that makes any difference.

Andrea 79 - My OB does quick scans at check ups also. Did tummy scan at around 8wks didn't measure the HB but it was flickering away.

Meg 88 - Andrea 79s quite right to say "only you know how you're feeling ..." I decided not to do vaginal scans this time around. This is because I have had a history with strep b - I just don't want to take the risk of getting an infection. I had the discussion and raised the question though with my OB before I made the decision.
I have the NT scan Friday week. Hopefully bub will be in a good position!

Have forgotten names, but someone mentioned their cats. Mine is all over me too at the moment, but I think it's just the weather turning cold, and perhaps me spending a little more downtime on the couch.

Is anyone else going nuts not telling people? 10 wks today and my belly is starting to stick out. Have been keeping myself busy at work and for the next 2 weeks just so I can avoid any social interaction with friends and the quizzical looks when they see my tummy bulge. We really want to wait until the NT results come back before we tell people - have only told those closest and dearest. Thank goodness I can vent on the forum!

#77 Cat Burglar

Posted 06 May 2012 - 02:14 PM

Hi folks!
been reading back in the threads a bit more and the getting to know you thread, very exciting. LOL that somebody has a pet pig too that sounds cool  original.gif

natalia I get pregnancy acne, I dont think theres anything in it bad for bubs, salicylic acid is asprin but Id imagine it would be present in pretty small amounts in acne.

To the lady who was counting heartbeats I cant remember what DD's was but it was in the correct range for a girl. I'll let you know this time around. We are waiting to get in to get a dating scan. I have no idea with dates as my period never came back from DD. I am also a little concerned as I took a couple of medications not recommended for pregnancy (have been quite sick lately)  so I guess that would reassure me that it was within the first 6 weeks, when the placenta isnt formed yet. Obviously I stopped everything as soon as I realised including my ridiculous amount of coffee in the mornings (was bfing dd only once at night). I also am trying asap to stop feeding DD by making that feed shorter and shorter. She is protesting furiously and tries to grab my top all the time.  sad.gif  She doesnt drink cows milk unfortunately, although she does eat heaps of dairy.

So many things going through my head at the moment! We will have to buy another car which we knew would happen sooner or later, and now I'm thinking of other things. DD is cloth bummed at home and the 2 days a week she spends at grandmas, I have all the kit to cloth bum this one too, but I dont know how I will go with 2 in cloth at once! I guess I will have to see how I go. Hopefully I can get DD toilet trained shortly after this one is born.

grasshoper10 yes I hate keeping it secret! We have told close friends and close family. I wish I could tell work so they could understand why Im so useless in the mornings but I wont until Im a bit further along.

Edited by Soccer Mum, 06 May 2012 - 02:15 PM.

#78 Leafprincess

Posted 06 May 2012 - 03:03 PM

Hi y'all

Half time during the rugby so thought I'd send an update, not much to report here. Had a little heartburn last night, but drank a cup of camomile tea and I was sorted.

I can't remember who posted the questions.....

Fetal heart rate at first scan was 125

Telling people- I told work, I've put on 2 KGs and it's all around my tummy, it was getting pretty obvious especially after someone busted me rubbing my tummy. I sent an email that said "as you probably have noticed ive gained a little weight, no I haven't taken up competitive donut eating, I'm pregnant."

Morning sickness- I only get it now if I don't eat on time. It's hard jnt he mornings because it's a fight between sleeping more and eating. Some remedies are ginger boiled in hot water and sipping it slowly, crackers (think someone else said this), I know lemon sorbet helps me but I think it's purely psychological

Bloods coming up this week, NT scan In About a fortnight

#79 rolandsmum

Posted 06 May 2012 - 03:05 PM

hi everybody, sorry i haven't replied since my intro a week ago!
i have been battling gastro, so have not been feeling the best, i thought maybe i had nausea from the pregnancy, but then the cramps and you know what came, so hopefully that will go away soon! i have my first dr appointment on tuesday, so i will be 7 weeks then, im kinda hoping they give me a scan as my last period was on the 19th of march but that period came a week early and only lasted 2-3 days so maybe it was implantation? im not sure.

sorry i have no personals im going to read through the thread and come back on later, hope you are all doing well original.gif

#80 dreamingofcats

Posted 06 May 2012 - 03:45 PM

People at work have caught on to me being pregnant in the last week and it spread very quickly.

I know they say you dont pop until after 12 weeks but is anyone else having trouble with their clothes. I technically havent put on any weight but I can no longer do up my work pants, or skirts. And Dh said this morning my stomach looks different. Thanks dude  rolleyes.gif

#81 natalia2482

Posted 06 May 2012 - 06:41 PM

We haven't told anyone at all.....I'm bursting to tell the parents and grandparents but DH and I have both agreed not to say anything until were in the clear at 12 weeks.  It's so hard!!!!  Especially when everyone keeps commenting on how tired I look and commenting on the acne:(

Grasshopper10 agree, thank god for forums!!

Ronaldsmum, i'll be 7 weeks on Tuesday too!!:)

Out of curiosity, does anyone know what the heartbeat ranges are for boys and girls? Were not going to find out the sex of the baby and leave it as a suprise, although I think maybe we may be having a girl????  Chinese baby calendar says girl and also have seen 2 palm readers in the past who just gave me a general run down on all, but both have said first would be a girl.  I know it's silly and not accurate at all, but very scary that what one of the palm readers told me to date has been spot on.  I'm not a believer in all this, but I can't ignore how right he's been so far.  Anyway, I don't mind at all what the baby turns out to be, as long as it's healthly:)

#82 Leafprincess

Posted 06 May 2012 - 07:39 PM

Oh, one more tip for morning sickness

Pickled ginger just like the type you get at sushi restaurants, I eat it with a little rice and feel heaps better afterwards.

I can buy it from the Asian section of my local woolies, otherwise try your nearest Asian grocery store

#83 Cat Burglar

Posted 06 May 2012 - 09:01 PM

thanks for the tip yipfazel, I was thinking today about getting some ginger!

#84 Bel

Posted 06 May 2012 - 11:23 PM

cool.gif
is it only me, or is anyone else, erm, wanting to BD more... I have nothing to gauge on tho, me and DP still in the madly in love first stage, even get butterflies, but seriously wow.
With DS I totally lost interest... This time around 10 years on, im like a lil  dev (6).gif  wub.gif  blush.gif  tongue.gif

TMI I know, but OMG

Anyways, off to sleep now, hugs with my man, won't see him again til Tuesday night, the joys of not living with ur man yet.

Night all, and belly rubs  ph34r.gif

#85 Nofliesonme

Posted 07 May 2012 - 08:04 AM

Bel as for Bding yep, here too.lol

#86 SoTired

Posted 07 May 2012 - 10:16 AM

grasshopper10- We bit the bullet on the weekend and told everyone at DD 1st birthday party, then posted on FB yesterday. Most people already knew anyway cause my "cant keep her mouth shut" mother had been blowing her mouth off about having another grandchild. Seeing people pretend to find out for the first time when they already know is pretty funny though!

yipfazel- How did work take your news? I am not telling them for as long as possible. I am due for a pay rise in July but theres no way I will be abale to get away with waiting till 20 weeks!!! They are men, maybe they wont notice... hands.gif
Pickled ginger- sick.gif I couldnt imagine eating anything worse! I remember eating sushi once when I wasnt pregnant and they hid a piece between the salmon and the rice- I gagged and had to spit it out and wash my mouth out with 2L of coke (and I dont drink coke). I know its supposed to help but it makes my eyes water just thinking about it!

rolandsmum- Goodluck with your appt tomorrow and I hope you feel better soon bbighug.gif

dreamingofcats- Some of my pants are getting a little tighter. Last preg I got a belly belt to wear with my work clothes (corporate environment) as my pants were hook eye. I never managed to fit into the belt cause i never got that big. Instead I just left them undone (yep, classy) with a belly band over the top to keep them up and a long top over that. Worked well until about 30 weeks, then i just said, bugger them and wore jeans (the belly belt fit those) with nice maternity tops.

natalia2482- I dont know how you can keep it in! Well done though for committing to the time frame. I sent my folks a pic of my POAS home preg test!
As for heartbeats, when I saw my midwife at 9+5, she said that the HB usually ranges between 120 and 170 BPM (although outside of this is not unusual). Anything on the lower scale can be an indication of a boy and a higher scale a girl. I am not sure where the cutoff is but for DD, she was 167 and this bubba is 131.

Bel/thunda- Nup. No. Nope. NOOO way. As if. Uh-Uh. Never. Ugh. Thats pretty much my opinion of BDing at the moment. I have weird visions of me vomiting on DH half way though- that would kill the mood! Maybe if MS wasnt so bad but honetly, eating ginger and bumping uglies gets the same reaction from me at the moment and its not good.
But cudos to you guys! I am jealous!

AFM- Had DD 1st birthday party on the weekend, so am beyond buggered! Plus had another 1st party yesterday. DD had some icing and cake for the 1st time and I swear is still on a sugar high 36 hours later! She went to bed later sat night (7.30) then proceeded to be up chatting at 5:30am instead of her usual 7:30! Last night she was up playing at 1:30 till 4am. I was about to go insane then she finally fell asleep on top of me. She slid off at about 4pm and I freaked out cause it almost dumped her on the floor (bad mum alert). OOPS! blush.gif

The dreams I had when pregnant with DD have started...
They are wee dreams. I am dreaming that i am going to the toilet, sometimes 3 times a night. I wake up with a warm "wee is about to come out" feeling and have to rush to the toilet to pee! I havent had any leakages (yet) but have been so close. The other day i am pretty sure I started to pee before my bum even hit the seat (still made it into the bowl).
Its scary cause they are so real. Sometimes I then get paranoid that I am still asleep when on the loo so have to pinch myself just to be sure.
Then I think maybe I am dreaming that I dreamed that I was peeing, dreamed that I got up and went to the toilet and now I am still dreaming that I pinched myself. Very inception-like! ffear.gif
The other night I dreamed that I was kidnapped by the Saw puppet and had to kill someone to save my families life. I had to drown them in the bath and of course had to pee in said bath for some reason- then i woke up, went to the loo and never found out if I saved my family. It was a mind F**K for the rest of the night, I tell ya.

You must all think i am sooooooo batty! tongue.gif I just have to tell someone and the safety of my computer means that I dont have to see the concerned looks on peoples faces or the eye rolls. Quite comforting, really!

NT blood test today then DD immunisations. Wish me luck!
xo

Edited for crap spelling!

Edited by gisses, 07 May 2012 - 10:19 AM.

#87 Leafprincess

Posted 07 May 2012 - 10:26 AM

I feel a little guilty.

DP said his mum was feeling unwell, had caught something off  our nephew, as was thinking of going around to see her.

I said " I usually encourage you to see your parents, but do you think it's such a great idea to go over, potentially catch something and bring it back? Your brother (nephews father) just had pneumonia and so did your niece, I don't think I could cope with pneumonia right now."

He agreed, now I feel like some evil witch. Did I over react? Should I have said to go?

#88 Kristy81

Posted 07 May 2012 - 10:49 AM

Hi all,
I havent written for ages but I have been reading when I can. This forum goes by so fast, its hard to keep up sometimes wink.gif
Nothing much happening here. Still nauseous most days and suffering from heartburn and indigestion. I didn't suffer from this till much later with DS but I'm finding a cold glass of milk seems to help (with the heartburn anyway lol).
I haven't had any scans yet, Im pretty sure about my dates so I'm waiting to see my ob on the 29th of this month. We have told a few close friends so far and a couple of people at my work know. We are letting DH's parents know on mothers day and my dad as its his birthday so that will be a nice surprise for them.
Just a short post today, home alone, DH at work and my little boy at daycare and my uni assignment wont finish itself.
Take care everyone
Kristy.xx

#89 Nofliesonme

Posted 07 May 2012 - 11:00 AM

Now I've read back. I wanted to say thanks to those who said my kids are beautiful.... I think so too original.gif

And yes to those who said about the comments others make.I am not worried about them it's not as if I am raising children poorly or as if I'm a mum but it just gets annoying I guess it's the same as those with bigger families and heating are they all yours comments. Lol. I actually have 5 kids here 6 and under at the moment. My 2 nephews are staying with us full time until some legal things are sorted so I am struggling with my all day sickness, house to run and a 6,3,3,2,1 yr old to look after. It's kinda killing me slowly.lol. But I still have time for Bding.lol. It's all day everyday. Lol .

Not a lot else happening. DD came home with headline from school, initial response is treat the whole family and as I'm rubbing KP24 into my slap I read the bottle. I have never ran to the shower to wash off sooooo quickly in my life. Anyways I'm sure all will be fine.

Wow to those who haven't old anyone. I don't know how you do it. I'd be bursting at the seems.

Bubs Hb was 126 at 6 weeks 4 days. original.gif

Well sending hugs to you all and hope everyone is well. original.gif

#90 natalia2482

Posted 07 May 2012 - 11:03 AM

Gisses, I'm so with you on the BD.....plus even thought I know the doc said it's fine, I'm still paranoid that it's going to harm the baby in some way.

Yipfazel, you shouldn't feel guilty.  You need to stay as healthy as you possibly can!!

As for me I've been so sick this morning that the receptionist asked me at work if I was pregnant!!!  Think she's started to realise how many times I'm going to the bathroom.  Makes matters worse here at work as everything in our toilets echos so you can hear out on reception what's going on.....she keeps hearing me voint:(  Told her I had a bug.

#91 Oh dear

Posted 07 May 2012 - 12:01 PM

Hi all, it has been awhile since i have been able to post but i have been reading.

I'm very sorry to those who have had losses over the last week or so sad.gif

Sorry can't remember who was keeping record of the HB, but ours was 167 @ 7+4, we will be finding out the gender this time so will let you know in 10 or so weeks biggrin.gif

As for the telling people we were going along very nicely with only a few people that knew until my BF and her hubby decided to take it upon themselves and tell everyone at the footy on the weekend nno.gif  rant.gif  its a small local footy club so the news spread like wildfire.  Was not happy when she said to me, "sorry i had to let the cat out of the bag DH (hers) has already told about 70 people!  Oh and she figured because the kids were talking about it, which i told her not to tell her kids, even our kids were mananging to not talk about it, then she figured it would be fine!  I was so mad, still am actually, this was our news to tell when we were ready not hers!

Ok sorry rant over blush.gif

#92 natalia2482

Posted 07 May 2012 - 12:29 PM

Oh dear, I would be furious too!!!

#93 Bellefin

Posted 07 May 2012 - 01:17 PM

Thanks everyone, I've been recording all the heart rates. We have 14 so far. Let's just count anything under 10 weeks, unless anyone has a better suggestion? I don't know when it would even out to a regular heartbeat. Keep them coming! Not sure how I'm going to "analyse" them but I was thinking of taking the average of the boys and the average of the girls, for a start.

Hi Kels22, good news from you  biggrin.gif  

Gisses, your dreams are hilarious, I also have to pinch myself to make sure I am not weeing in my sleep. I always have what I call "toilet dreams" even when I'm not pregnant. I am getting up to DD several times a night ATM so I go to the toilet every time I'm up so I don't have to worry about wetting myself lol.

As for telling people...I have told most of my close friends and some family. Also a couple of people at work. I really want to tell everyone at work so they know why I am constantly so tired. My belly is big, just from eating extra. I know I'm going to be showing before 12 weeks (I carried big last time and looked full term long before I was due, I was getting plenty of comments) so there doesn't seem to be a point to wait until the 12 week scan because they'll notice before that. Maybe another week and I'll tell the boss. I'll wait until the NT scan to email other people that I don't see often.

Hope everyone is managing the sicks today!

#94 cosmic79

Posted 07 May 2012 - 02:23 PM

QUOTE (Bellefin @ 07/05/2012, 01:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thanks everyone, I've been recording all the heart rates. We have 14 so far. Let's just count anything under 10 weeks, unless anyone has a better suggestion?

I don't want to put a dampener on this but I think they even out AFTER 10 weeks - so, for example, they apparently rise three beats per minute every day up until about 10 - 12 weeks - so many of these rates that you're collecting will change from a 'boy rate' to a 'girl rate' in a matter of days?

Edited by cosmic79, 07 May 2012 - 02:26 PM.

#95 mcchickies

Posted 07 May 2012 - 02:25 PM

bbighug.gif Hi ladies original.gif

yip biggrin.gif so happy for u to see that heartbeat , it is such a great feeling
grasshopper10 original.gif we have told family & my close friend , i usually get so excited and tell everyone but with so many losses i have been holding out a little longer, the sad news is hard to tell over & over...

rolandsmum original.gif good luck with your appointment original.gif

bel original.gif we do sometimes but most of the time im nauseous so hardly ever tongue.gif

im am so sorry for the losses ive missed bbighug.gif please take care of yourself & soround yourself people who love u x

After my scare 2 weeks ago with the bleed & then seeing bubs heart beating , everything has been good, MS like crazy , i have a belly, people are asking questions , i have booked my NT scan for 31st may wub.gif can not wait for that & it is visable on the calender ....

i hope everyone is doing great original.gif

#96 mcchickies

Posted 07 May 2012 - 02:28 PM

ohdear rant.gif that too would make me so mad , it is your special news  to tell , how dissapointing for u ......

#97 Cat Burglar

Posted 07 May 2012 - 03:20 PM

QUOTE (Bel @ 06/05/2012, 11:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
cool.gif
is it only me, or is anyone else, erm, wanting to BD more... I have nothing to gauge on tho, me and DP still in the madly in love first stage, even get butterflies, but seriously wow.

Definately! Happened with DD too. Unfortunately BFing makes me not feel like it at all sad.gif

I am definately experiencing the bloated tummy, and soooooo over the sore boobs.

I have bought a jar of the pickled ginger so I'll let you all know how that goes. DH and I find it really funny as we have a (male) friend who travelled to Korea and now is obsessed with it - he eats it with every imaginable meal. He even puts it on toast! biggrin.gif

I am not having the crazy dreams yet but I sure did with DD! Im getting kind of 'adrenalin rushes' - not sure how else to describe it. Good thing cos the coffee withdrawl would otherwise be sending me to sleep.

Edited by Soccer Mum, 07 May 2012 - 03:38 PM.

#98 ~bluebird~

Posted 07 May 2012 - 05:55 PM

Bellefin you probably want to graph weeks
/days against HB, because like cosmic79 says, it HB changes so much early on.

#99 Zingiber

Posted 07 May 2012 - 06:23 PM

hi all

am slowly catching up on this thread.

The MS seems to have gotten worse again - or it might be anxiety because I start my new job tomorrow. Boobs are bloody massive and still sore. Does this soreness settle down? Because it's really affecting my ability to exercise. I'm even sleeping in my bra now. Skin is a little bit better, hair is still an oil slick. Overall i'm a bit fed up with feeling like crap... All. The. Time and really want the 2nd trimester to hurry up and arrive. Dp just asked me if i wanted anything - referring to a drink or something - my reponse was "yeah...Christmas Day to hurry up and arrive"

Went to the beach today and my stomach is definitely bigger so have had to review the wardrobe to pick out clothes that are going to be able to hide it. Failing which I'll ber coughing up for tummy tucker knickers so I can get through my probation period without it becoming too obvious. Don't know what my chances of that are.

9 weeks tomorrow. Got first appt with the OB next week.

#100 Bel

Posted 07 May 2012 - 06:33 PM

OMG gisses, I had a 'wee' dream last night too... Didn't help that I was staying with DP and his housemate wakes up at crack of dawn, and was in shower etc, so I had to wait.
My dreams are so vivid at the moment, is that a PG thing, or just my imagination? Its like I am there.

Yip.. Nope, I don't blame you at all, and think you are wonderful for being so cautious, loom at us, protecting our lil ones already  happy.gif

Sorry for lack of personal. I am on my phone, have read every word... My net is currently not working, am waiting for new WI fi modem to be sent to me, my other one is bit faulty, was still working as such, but the bozos at Telstra cut the one I have off.

They better send me a new one pronto, I have enrolled in open uni to do a primary teaching course. Since I have been told by OB to 'rest' I can't see a problem in using my brain. Am only doing 2 units, but been so long since I have studied, am gonna see how I go.

Belly rubs, hitting post before I lose it all.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

Clever panda fakes pregnancy

News that a giant panda was pregnant prompted much excitement, but it appears there were never any cubs on the way.

'I survived placenta percreta'

When writing her birth plan, Simone Pavil included an item most women wouldn?t even think about: what should happen if she was put on life support. The mum had the potentially fatal condition placenta accreta.

Managing personal space as a mum

In the midst of the early parenting years, our bodies and minds can seemingly be overtaken by our offspring. How can we balance our need for personal space with the needs of our children?

'If love could have saved you, you'd have never left'

The words "spontaneous abortion" on the hospital paperwork really got to me. My baby died; I didn't spontaneously decide to abort him.

15 classic Aussie ads

Watch some of the classic Australian ads of the 80s, 90s and 00s, and remember the catchphrases and jingles we all used to know so well ...

For and against

Should Blue Ivy have been at the VMAs?

Many were quick to condemn Beyonce and Jay Z after appearing on stage at the MTV Video Music Awards with their two-year-old daughter, but others thought it was a sweet family moment. What do you think?

Toddler attacked at gym creche

Two-year-old girl Eva Ness was left with a black eye and bite marks on her face and body after an altercation with an older child at a health club's child-minding facilities. Now her parents are calling for the centre to be closed.

Pregnancy a tricky matter of timing for FIFO couples

Manipulating rosters, coordinating 'conjugal' visits, working on site with your partner; getting pregnant can prove stressful for FIFO workers.

WIN a $100 RedBalloon for Dad

Enter now for your chance to win 1 of 5 $100 RedBalloon experience vouchers. Helping you make Dad's Day EXTRA HAPPY.

Carseats have twice as many germs as a toilet

Most parents know their child's carseat is not always squeaky clean, but they might not realise just how dirty it really is.

Doctors remove foetus from 'medical marvel' after 36 years

Doctors in India have removed the skeleton of a foetus that had been inside a woman for 36 years.

Nine months in six seconds: new parents' Vine clip a hit

We?ve seen some memorable time-lapse pregnancy and birth announcement videos before. Now one new couple has taken it to the extreme, capturing it all in just a six-second Vine video.

Sonia Kruger speaks of baby joy

Celebrity mum-to-be Sonia Kruger has spoken candidly about using donor eggs and IVF to fall pregnant at age 48.

Dressing to not impress: life through the eyes of a three-year-old

When it comes to getting dressed, my three-year-old has only one criterion: ?I don?t want to look beautiful.? And now I've worked out why.

Special nappies made with love for angel babies

Angel Baby Nappies make and provide tiny bereavement cloth nappies for pre-term stillborn babies and premature babies who pass away in the NICU.

Inside the brain of a tantruming toddler

What's going on in your child's mind in the lead-up to a tantrum? And what?s the best way to respond?

5 secrets to a long-lasting relationship

When it comes to keeping your relationship strong, it?s what you do - and not what you want - that really matters.

When 'furbabies' meet real babies

I am obsessed with my dogs, and can't imagine loving them any less once my baby arrives. But that doesn't stop everyone from telling me I will.

The least popular baby names of 2013

Looking for a baby name that?s nowhere near the top 10 ? or even the top 1000? Try the bottom five.

'I was so sleep deprived I crashed my car'

There are no laws regulating driving while tired, but statistics show that driver fatigue is one of the top three contributors to the road toll.

Win back some precious time and get FREE coupons

Membership to eBay's Bubs? Corner is free and includes a $10 coupon to spend on nappies each month - a win for multitasking mums!

Download now: Essential Kids Activity Finder app

Got bored kids? Quickly find the best activities for kids wherever you are in Australia with the Essential Kids app.

Advertisement

Advertisement

What's hot on EB

WIN a $100 RedBalloon for Dad

Enter now for your chance to win 1 of 5 $100 RedBalloon experience vouchers. Helping you make Dad's Day EXTRA HAPPY.

Win back some precious time and get FREE coupons

Membership to eBay's Bubs? Corner is free and includes a $10 coupon to spend on nappies each month - a win for multitasking mums!

Do you suffer from Precious Firstborn Syndrome?

Testing ?no more tears? shampoo in your own eyes, warming cucumber sticks so they're not cold straight from the fridge, waking a sleeping baby to check they?re still breathing: these are all symptoms of Precious Firstborn Syndrome.

Ezra's tragic death not in vain, mum says

Little Ezra was a "Harry Houdini" who loved trying to escape the family home. Now, after his tragic death, his parents are doing what they can to help others.

7 mistakes old hands make with new babies

As I sat across the table from my friend ? me, a seasoned mother of three; her, a brand new mum ? I thought of all the mistakes an old-hand parent can make when visiting a newborn baby.

Video: When adults act like children

Ever wondered what would happen if adults were allowed to act like children? This dad's hilarious video clip will give you an idea of what life would be like.

Mums hit hardest as flu cases skyrocket

The number of confirmed cases of influenza in Australia has doubled the number for the same time last year - and women are 25 per cent more likely to get it.

The mum who had four babies in nine months

Feeling exhausted due to the demands of caring for a baby? Imagine the life of this mum, who gave birth to three boys and one girl in just nine months.

Everything baby at Big W

Lowest prices on everything baby, only at Big W. Sale starts August 4 and ends August 20 2014.

Going viral

Outrage over baby's icy challenge

A man has been reported to child protective services after taking the ALS ice bucket challenge with his 10-month-old granddaughter.

Personalised baby gifts

We've scoured the internet to find gorgeous personalised keepsakes and nursery decor to record baby name and dates. They make great gifts for christenings, name days and birthdays! (All prices in AU.)

Mind, body, beauty, life

Making time for me

We look at your wellbeing, covering health, relationships, beauty and fashion, mind and body.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.