Due in December 2012 Chat thread #7

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
124 replies to this topic

#101 FourLittleLoves

Posted 07 May 2012 - 07:20 PM

waves.gif Just popping in to say hello! I am reading everything but never know what to write after it all (most of what has been said has slipped my mind!)

No BD here, couldn't think of anything worse at the moment. Poor DH we have only DTD once since conception but he was away for the first 2 weeks then we moved and I was too tired and then MS hit. Oh well he might get lucky before the year is out.

I would love everyone who doesn't post regularly to pop in and give us an update, I know this thread moves quite fast but don't let that put you off from just writing what is going on with you and your little bump! original.gif

#102 michmac

Posted 07 May 2012 - 09:25 PM

I am new at this and thus far have been stalking rather than posting. :-) This is my first pregnancy and it has been quite a ride so far! I am due somtime in the week before Christmas (poor kid). I had a dating scan last week which gave an EDD of the 19th. Have had other suggested EDDs to the 22nd as my period off the pill is erratic.    Even though I haven't been posting, reading what everyone else has had to say has been great for me! I have been on an emotional rollercoaster over the last few weeks (and they have been the longest three weeks EVER!). Spent too much time worrying about miscarrying, which has been alleviated by the dating scan. Saw a HB! And breathed a sigh of relief! HB was 151 at 7weeks 2 days BTW.Haven't been vomiting but have felt really quite shocking for most of the last two weeks. More than anything else though I have been soooooooooooo tired! It appears I can now fall asleep anywhere, anytime. :-)Neither DH nor I are much good at secrets and our friends all knew we were TTC so we pretty well blabbed to most our friends almost right away. Time to sleep some more:-)

#103 pinkblue

Posted 08 May 2012 - 01:01 AM

Hi girls,

Just popping in quickly with an update from me. This thread moves soooooo fast, it's hard to keep up! Anyone know why they changed the DIG section. I remember the groups used to be divided into 2 - one group for the first half of the month, and one group for the second half.

I had my 3rd blood test today and my hcg levels are now 52,939!  original.gif Is anyone else still having blood tests done to measure hcg?

Only 6 more days til my 7 week dating scan. I am literally counting down the days! I can't wait to see my baby on the screen and hear the heartbeat. For those who have had scans already were they internal or external? I can't have internals so mine will be external and I'm hoping we will still be able to see/hear everything.

#104 Bel

Posted 08 May 2012 - 03:31 AM

Wide awake. And it's 3am. Argh. Lucky I don't work, or I would be extra frustrated.

Bellefin, I am seeing ob on Monday, hopefully he will do a scan and we will know a heartbeat.

I'm having CVS on 5 June, and have decided to know the gender asap, they are looking for a rare illness that affects males, females ok. I'm only going to tell people if they want to know
I like being practical, least I can go nuts with either pink or blue stuff.... original.gif

Definitely going to close my bedroom door tonight, I think my cat walks on me and wakes me up. That and Dp is at his place, first night alone in new house, DS is with his dad this week (week on week off for us there sad.gif )

#105 dreamingofcats

Posted 08 May 2012 - 06:26 AM

pinkblue - Mine was an internal, but I had it earlier than you. 6w1day.

Bel - There is a cat across the road that has been comming and sitting on my bedroom window sill every night this week hissing and antagonising my black cat. All my cats are 100% indoors which makes me even angrier at this boob who is letting his cat wander at 3am and p*ss everyone else off.

#106 The Harlot

Posted 08 May 2012 - 06:59 AM

Hi Ladies,

I'll be 8 weeks on Wednesday and still haven't had a BT or dating scan. My GP (who I love) seemed to think I only needed to book into the hospital for a 12 week check and said that my first ultrasound would be at 15 weeks. Is that normal?

FWIW - I had the antenatal blood screen about two months before I fell pregnant so he said that I wouldn't need another one. I just feel strange that I have no medical proof that there is a little thing growing inside me.

Symptoms are strong, so I'm sure all is going well so far.

Just wondering what people think.

Harlo.

#107 andrea79

Posted 08 May 2012 - 07:37 AM

Morning ladies, just a quick post before I finish getting ready for work!

The Harlot - if you had the prenatal bloods then there's no real reason to have another blood test. As for the scan, if you want to have the NT scan, it tests for down syndrome and a couple of other genetic issues, it must be done between 11w - 13w6d so 15 weeks would be too late for this. There is also a blood test you need to have with the NT scan. If you want this id go back and request a referral from your GP.

pinkblue - I haven't had any blood tests so no definitely not still tracking hcg! Is there a medical reason they're still doing bloods? And my scan was external at 8w2d. You don't usually hear anything but you should definitely see a heartbeat!

Hi everyone else and whoever mentioned BDing - nope! Definitely not at the moment!! Poor DH! But I know that will change in the second trimester! Well it did for DS so hopefully it will this time too!!

Well I better get moving! Have a great day everyone

#108 ~bluebird~

Posted 08 May 2012 - 07:47 AM

Yay DS slept through the nigh for the first time in 3weeks, drugs are great. He's had an ear infection poor little thing. Only now I wish I could sleep too. I woke up at 4am last night and couldn't get back to sleep, I keep having to have snacks when I wake at night last night it war 2 pieces of bread with honey, 2chocolate biscuits, handful of nuts and a glass of milk, I don,t remember getting so hungry with DS though maybe because I feel a bit sick during the day and don't eat enough then.

Hope everyone is getting more sleep than me!!

Welcome michmac

#109 steen2007

Posted 08 May 2012 - 07:47 AM

Hi all,

pinkblue At 7 weeks you should be fine for external. I had external and measured 6w2d and got to see bub and see HB, so hope the same is true for you.

Harlot Agree with Andrea the first scan for NT testing needs to be around 12 weeks so ask about that again, but in all normal healthy pg there doesn't need to be any tests so often the NT is the first one.

Also lack of DTD here but DH is busy with work so not really a problem. With 2 other kids to run around after we are busy enough.
HB for this bub at 6w 2days was 120.

Generally feeling bergh here, eating porridge seems to help and with 11 degree weather that is fine by me.
Have a great day all.

#110 pinkblue

Posted 08 May 2012 - 08:54 AM

QUOTE (andrea79 @ 08/05/2012, 05:37 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
pinkblue - I haven't had any blood tests so no definitely not still tracking hcg! Is there a medical reason they're still doing bloods? And my scan was external at 8w2d. You don't usually hear anything but you should definitely see a heartbeat!

This is an IVF bub so I need to have blood tests every week for the 3 weeks following my initial blood test. I think it's just to check everything is progressing properly. I'm also getting checked for my oestrogen and progesterone levels too.

#111 Kels22

Posted 08 May 2012 - 09:16 AM

QUOTE (pinkblue @ 08/05/2012, 08:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This is an IVF bub so I need to have blood tests every week for the 3 weeks following my initial blood test. I think it's just to check everything is progressing properly. I'm also getting checked for my oestrogen and progesterone levels too.

Hi Pinkblue,
I too am having an IVF bub....I only had the initial blood test after my two week wait and then another 3 days later to check that my HCG was going up and my progesterone levels but that's it, no further blood tests yet.  I am currently 8wks 2 days and extremely anxious still even though I have seen the little one and a strong heatbeat 4 days ago when my FS did the viability scan.

#112 Teeny Bopper

Posted 08 May 2012 - 09:37 AM

Hi Ladies waves.gif

I know I don't post very often, but I do keep up with you all and generally read this thread most days.

Just thought I'd pop in and say hi today cos I have a bit of time and we're heading overseas for 4 weeks this Sunday so I know I won't get another chance to post for a while!

I can't remember who is taking down the heartrates, but what a great idea!!  Mine was 122bpm @ 6wks 1day and 170bpm @ 8wks 1day. Can't wait to see the results!  Oh, and we will be finding out the sex, so I will let you know in around 10 weeks time!

Well I'm 9wks 1day today and actually feeling quite good physically. I've only had about 4 days of really bad nausea and still haven't chucked yet, thank goodness!  I AM however, having other lovely pregnancy symptoms, like constipation and hemorriods!! It started at about week 5 and still no relief. I really hope I don't spend the duration of the pregnancy like this, cos it's not the most comfortable situation to be in! The good news is, after an early breakout, my skin seems to be clearing up nicely. Yay!!  

I've put on about a kilo so far, but it just looks like I'm getting fat, no recognisable baby bump to speak of just yet.

We have another scan at the OB on Friday afternoon (I wanted to check that everything was ok before we left) and then our NT scan will be in London 2 weeks after that. Not sure when I'll get the results though, they will be sending them through to my OB in Sydney, but I might ask if they can email them to me as well, so at least I have some idea of what to expect when I get back.

Other than that, not much to report. Still haven't told anyone the news and am feeling quite proud of myself for managing to keep a secret like this for so long!

hugs and belly rubs to all xoxo

#113 natalia2482

Posted 08 May 2012 - 10:28 AM

Hi all.  I'm struggling with sleep too.  For the past week I seem to be waking up at 4:30am-5am each day and can't get back to sleep.  I'm so hungry when I get up too but I guess that's cause I can't keep anything down cause of the MS that lasts all day.

Called my OB yesterday, I haven't seen her as yet, have my first scan next Friday 18th May and I can't wait!, but spoke to a midwife there and she was really hepful re MS.  Told me to go to my GP and get Maxalon.  But, also told me to eat watermelon and lemonade icy poles as I should be able to keep this down, and guess what, it worked.  Started the Maxalon today so fingers crossed I can start to keep down something more substansial unsure.gif

I'm 7 weeks today and when I have my 1st scan i'll be 8w3d.....I didn't know that there were internal scans as well as external.  Will I be ok to have an external donw at this time?

Belly rubs x

#114 SoTired

Posted 08 May 2012 - 11:11 AM

Just a quick one for natalia2482- If you go to the scan with a full bladder, hopefully this will allow them to see your uterus/baby with the external ultrasound. Otherwise they will need to do an internal.

If you dont know what an internal is, they will insert a probe into your vagina (its quite thin but can be uncomfortable for some) in order to get a better view of your bubs.

Whether you need one depends on a number of factors that probably wont become evident until you go in and see the technician.

#115 natalia2482

Posted 08 May 2012 - 11:19 AM

Thanks gisses I'll keep that in mind and make sure I go in with a full bladder:)

#116 dreamingofcats

Posted 08 May 2012 - 11:33 AM

Reading all these HB's, little noodles seems quite slow in comparison. It was 105BPM at 6w 1day. sad.gif

#117 Bellefin

Posted 08 May 2012 - 12:09 PM

Dreaming of cats - don't go comparing! Lots of people don't even get a heartbeat at that stage. I didn't arrange my scan until I knew I would be 6+6 because I thought I wouldn't see anything before then. From the spreadsheet so far it appears that the earlier the time, the lower the heartrate, like Cosmic79 said. Yours was one of the earliest of all, no one has one from 5 weeks.

Cosmic79 - this is all a little tongue in cheek, remember. It's by no means properly scientific, I agree we would all have to have the heartrate recorded on exactly the same day to be more accurate. And that's never accurate. From ovulation I was 6+6, but baby measured 6+4 and 6+1 on two different scan measurements because they are measuring something about 1/2 a centimetre on a blurry picture. The ob even said there is error because of exactly where they place the pointer. I'm just doing my best and I'll post it all at the end and people can take from it what they want. If we get enough data I can measure it more accurately according to weeks gestation, rather than lumping them all together. But yeah, I'm not going to submit it for a PhD.

Pinkblue - I had an internal, TBH I was so fascinated by the screen I forgot I had a dildocam. Good luck, it's very exciting.

AFM - No BD here either. Too sick, tired and uncomfortable. Improves greatly in 2nd trimester from memory!

#118 dreamingofcats

Posted 08 May 2012 - 12:11 PM

Thanks Belle hheart.gif

#119 Cat Burglar

Posted 08 May 2012 - 12:47 PM

Hi folks!
Well the ginger does actually seem to be working. I didnt spew this morning! eexcite.gif Although I was up half the night thinking about what I need to do to get ready for my new job (Im going to a different role within same organization). Due to budget cuts Im doing both jobs this week sad.gif

Getting REALLY annoyed at the doctors, they sent me the wrong referals for the dating scan so I had to take more time off work to get another, now I cant get in for a couple of weeks.

Starting to  have the really weird dreams too. I got a script for something called pramin, I have it just in case cos I cant have any time off in my new role, has anyone heard much about it?

Hope everyone is doing well and not too much of the sick.gif

#120 ~A2~

Posted 08 May 2012 - 01:06 PM

Thread closed

New thread here

#121 Meg88

Posted 08 May 2012 - 01:10 PM

QUOTE (pinkblue @ 08/05/2012, 01:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Only 6 more days til my 7 week dating scan. I am literally counting down the days! I can't wait to see my baby on the screen and hear the heartbeat. For those who have had scans already were they internal or external? I can't have internals so mine will be external and I'm hoping we will still be able to see/hear everything.

Pinkblue: I had an abdominal scan only at 6+1 and they could measure s heartbeat. Hopefully you'll be all good!

AFM: omg I am totally with everyone on the sleep front. I seem to have developed a pattern that's continued for at least the past week (awake between 12-1 and again around 4am) for toilet breaks. I go to the loo then toss & turn & feel ill for at least a 1/2hr each time. I'm also finding a cracker when I wake can help settle me to go back to sleep.

I decided to book the extra ultrasound for this Friday (8+1). I really think it will help reassure me & give me the confidence to tell my mum. Plus I'm really excited to see my little one again & see that heart beating original.gif

#122 mcchickies

Posted 08 May 2012 - 01:21 PM

soccer mum original.gif im glad the ginger is working for u , in previous pregnancies it hasnt for me , came right back up but i hear it is good for some , i have had maxolyn this time round but because i have nausea all day everyday i dont want to take it all the time....have never had MS this bad ever !!

natalia original.gif , i agree go in with a full baldder & if in my case baldder can be also too full lol they make u empty which is soch a relief , they saw better when i wasnt so full, different people i guess

teeny bopper original.gif enjoy your holiday

#123 Nofliesonme

Posted 08 May 2012 - 04:27 PM

Well I was up half the night dreaming I had a miscarriage and i had ot cancel my MCN orders and that that tiny spot of blood I had last night was much bigger thait was. sad.gif sigh I had those dreams with the last 1 too. I just then can't get back to sleep

#124 porkchop's mama

Posted 09 May 2012 - 11:59 AM

Hello ladies,
I'm finally officially joining after stalking for many, many weeks.

I'm 7 weeks pregnant with number 1 after a pretty horrendous year of 3 pregnancy losses.  That's why I've been so slow in joining.

My scan today was perfect.  I was in shock and tears because I've never had a normal early pregnancy scan in my life before.  Bub is measuring to dates and has a great heart beat of 130.  This info has calmed my MS, headache and general fatigue instantaneously.  Our due date is 26/12/2012.

Looking forward to getting to know you all.

I am from Sydney and booked in at RPA.  Seeing my obs in 2 weeks time.

PCM xxx

#125 Kels22

Posted 09 May 2012 - 12:39 PM

Congrats PCM - I remember you from the low ovarian reserve group!  Awesome news rolleyes.gif

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

How to tell if your child has a speech or language problem

Left untreated, children who start school with speech and language difficulties face an increased risk of reading and writing difficulties, more bullying, poorer peer relationships and less enjoyment of school. So, what should parents expect of children at different ages?

Finding your tribe as a new mum

How was my renegade mother's group different from my first? They were my kind of people. My tribe.

Following your child's emotional roadmap

Psychologist Angharad Candlin will guide parents through their child's emotional development during her seminar at the Essential Baby and Toddler Show in Sydney this weekend.

Delivery room surprises: when gender predictions are wrong

Out of all the questions asked of mums-to-be, “Do you know what you're having?” would be right up there in popularity. Sometimes,

The fertility battle we don't talk about

“You’re nowhere near menopausal,” my doctor cheerily informed me, and my heart sank. I don’t want to live with worry about pregnancy anymore.

'My morning sickness was so bad I'm not having any more kids'

“All the horrible stuff was totally worth it to have my son. But there is absolutely no way I could go through it all again.”

The 'no children' wedding invite

It was the wedding of one of my oldest and dearest friends, and she had invited me to be her bridesmaid. It was quite an honour. But there was one problem.

Baby Dylan recovering well after spending five days alone

For up to five days he lay alone after his mother died of a suspected drug overdose, but eight-month-old Dylan Micallef has made an incredible recovery.

Win a $200 Pumpkin Patch voucher

Fill out this quick survey and tell us in 25 words or less your best pregnancy or parenting tip - you'll go in the draw to win a $200 Pumpkin Patch voucher.

The mystery of William Tyrell, little boy lost

The question remains: How does a little boy simply vanish without a trace?

Woman fights off robber, then gives birth

A thief in the US got more than he bargained for when he try to rob a woman who was nine months pregnant because he figured she would be an easy target.

Video: Two-year-old tells mum off for laughing at her

This little girl is not happy that her mum started laughing during her performance - so she tells her exactly how she feels about it.

Download now: Essential Kids Activity Finder app

Got bored kids? Quickly find the best activities for kids wherever you are in Australia with the Essential Kids app.

Advertisement

Advertisement

What's hot on EB

Losing yourself to motherhood

While watching your baby grow into a unique little person is exciting and wondrous, the intensity of meeting everyone else?s needs can ever so sneakily overtake your own needs for self-care.

Tearing during delivery: the facts

Almost all women will experience bruising, grazing or tearing after a vaginal birth. Depending on the degree of tearing, there are various treatments available.

6 tips for a day out with a baby and toddler

Outings can be lots of fun with the kids, but there are inevitable challenges. Here's some information about days out to help you be a little more prepared.

Why I invited a dozen people to watch my son's birth

I sent invitations on burgundy scrapbooking paper stamped with a field of poppies, and told each person why I wanted him or her there. I warned that there would be nudity.

Getting labour started: tips for a natural induction

When your baby?s due date comes and goes without so much as a pop - let alone a bang - it can be disheartening. Mums and a doula share their stories of natural inductions.

7 mistakes old hands make with new babies

As I sat across the table from my friend ? me, a seasoned mother of three; her, a brand new mum ? I thought of all the mistakes an old-hand parent can make when visiting a newborn baby.

That's my boy: a dad's diary of the first 4 months

Unbearable anxiety, unspeakable joy, constant exhaustion and bouts of frustration ... The many shocks of first-time fatherhood resound in a dad's diary of his son's early months.

One of the most important things a new mum can do

Finances may not be as cute as a newborn, but with many women?s working arrangements changing post-baby, monetary matters need attention too.

Does this baby say 'I love you'?

She's only 10 weeks old, but this baby is already dividing people around the world.

Personalised baby gifts

We've scoured the internet to find gorgeous personalised keepsakes and nursery decor to record baby name and dates. They make great gifts for christenings, name days and birthdays! (All prices in AU.)

My Wellbeing

Making time for me

We look at your wellbeing, covering health, relationships, beauty and fashion, mind and body.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.