May is MY Month

• Please log in to reply
257 replies to this topic

#51 babystepz

Posted 02 May 2012 - 03:05 PM

Hi Mags, Can you put me down for testing on 21 May.  

Eventhough i am waiting to O at the mo (CD11), I figure i will test when AF is due.

I figure it's definitely on the cards, since we have now booked a trip to Greece in July to September.  So nothing like going into debt and getting lucky!

Fingers crossed to everyone this month, fingers crossed for lots of new years babies.

baby dust to everyone!

#52 jbm3113

Posted 02 May 2012 - 04:01 PM

I can't work out how to insert my pic. The quality isn't that great anyway but I did another test at lunchtime and it's gone back to very faint line which I'm taking as I'm going to O (well fx!) So Mags can you please put me down as testing for 16th May.

Thanks! grin.gif

#53 leese26

Posted 02 May 2012 - 04:03 PM

Can you please put me down to test on the 26 th may.Thanks biggrin.gif

#54 dimensionk

Posted 02 May 2012 - 04:42 PM

Thanks for adding me. original.gif

Pretty sure this month is now a no go for me tho. sad.gif
Will be testing just in case!

Now that my two horrible cold cores have improved, I'm no longer feeling off, feeling very much normal. Sadly, normal is not the feeling I'm hoping for!

Then again, I hear it's pretty common to have no symptoms.
Fingers crossed... for everyone!

#55 ~Bells~

Posted 02 May 2012 - 08:42 PM

QUOTE (hope2012 @ 02/05/2012, 03:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi Mags, Can you put me down for testing on 21 May.  

Eventhough i am waiting to O at the mo (CD11), I figure i will test when AF is due.

I figure it's definitely on the cards, since we have now booked a trip to Greece in July to September.  So nothing like going into debt and getting lucky!

Fingers crossed to everyone this month, fingers crossed for lots of new years babies.

baby dust to everyone!

Ooooh Greece! Loved it! So very jealous of you atm hope2012!

#56 antigone_

Posted 02 May 2012 - 09:53 PM

Hi all,

3DPO today and definitely feel like something is going on there - very bloated for this time of the month and some twinges happening. Have felt that way before though so will happily admit to it probably being all in the mind!

Yay to it being all in the mind - am beginning to (half-insanely) enjoy the TWW stupidity. Honestly, I have my two kids and this third will be a bonus - have always wanted three, but one thing all this pain and difficulty has taught me this past 7 months is to be grateful for what I already have.

xx

#57 Lickety Split

Posted 03 May 2012 - 07:45 AM

Hi Mags, can you you put me down for testing on the 9th please?

Feeling very bloated and heavy, fingers crossed we caught the egg :-)

#58 *Katey*

Posted 03 May 2012 - 08:52 AM

QUOTE (bright_eyes @ 02/05/2012, 09:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yay to it being all in the mind - am beginning to (half-insanely) enjoy the TWW stupidity.

I enjoy the '2WW' wayyyyyy more the 'waiting to O'! Because of my short LP, my 2WW is actually only around 9 days, and my waiting to O stage is almost 3 weeks. So the 2WW goes a lot quicker for me!

And at least in the 2WW you know you've done all you can, so all you have left to do is sit back, relax and wait! In the waiting to O stage, I get a little more stressed because I'm always wondering. Wondering when I'll O, wondering if we've BD'd at the right time. Wondering if we caught the egg. And also when you're waiting to O, you know you're not pregnant. At least in the 2WW there is a little bit of excitement and hope!

#59 MagsJee

Posted 04 May 2012 - 09:55 AM

Bit quiet in here.  I think I'm out this cycle, just not enough BDing.  Although having said that I haven't had any of my usual O symptom so there may still be a super slim chance for this month.  I'm not holding out much hope.

Good luck to our first round of testers this weekend  biggrin.gif  I hope there's lots of BFPs

#60 SazzleAnn

Posted 04 May 2012 - 04:53 PM

Hi All

Apologies in advance, I'm new to the world of EB original.gif

My DH and I are trying for bub #2, my cycle was all over the shop after DS was born. He's now 1 (tomorrow!) and I've been having ovulation tracking to see if/when i'm ovulating. Long story short I ovulated last week, did the required wink.gif and under the direction of my GP went back for another 'tracking' test today. My Progesterone is at 56.3 and i'm about 10dpo. I've searched the net high and low, and can't determine if this means I'm pregnant... they didn't test for HCG at this point (as it was just a tracking test) and I haven't spoken to my GP yet as she's not in until tomorrow.... Has anyone had any experience in this and knows what this number might mean?

Thanks very much original.gif original.gif original.gif

sazzle-ann

#61 ~Bells~

Posted 04 May 2012 - 05:18 PM

I'm no help to you SazzleAnn, but welcome! And I hope your progesterone numbers means you have a BFP! Good luck!

#62 antigone_

Posted 04 May 2012 - 06:08 PM

QUOTE (KateyDee @ 03/05/2012, 08:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
And at least in the 2WW you know you've done all you can, so all you have left to do is sit back, relax and wait! In the waiting to O stage, I get a little more stressed because I'm always wondering. Wondering when I'll O, wondering if we've BD'd at the right time. Wondering if we caught the egg. And also when you're waiting to O, you know you're not pregnant. At least in the 2WW there is a little bit of excitement and hope!

You've got it summed up so nicely there KateyDee! The TWW is at least hopeful.

I have to admit to feeling awful today and hope it's not a bug - have had huge waves of nausea, loads of bloating and abdominal twinges deep inside... but am only 4 or 5dpo, so not really possible to have such early symptoms.

This is something I can tell you guys, but not advertising to many people IRL - I had my tarot done the week after my miscarriage in January and the reader said I would have a baby girl in a year. So MAY is the month to conceive for January 2013. This just HAS to be my month, you see?! I don't care about the sex at all, would be so delighted to have three the same sex.

This journey has been very sobering for me. While I was never at all cocky about our former fertility (2 babies conceived first go each time), it was something I always thought would be there whenever I wanted it. Now I know better and I hate feeling sad with every pregnancy announcement and working out if 'that woman has ever had a miscarriage' and realising they probably haven't - hello Tori Spelling! While I miscarried early (7 weeks) it has been really hard to get over.. 4 months have passed now.

That's my essay original.gif

#63 antigone_

Posted 04 May 2012 - 06:19 PM

ohmy.gif ohmy.gif  OMG, my breasts are sore!!

Oh no, now I really am getting my hopes up. I'm sure to come crashing down.

But my breasts are really tender at the sides!

Who even knew one could be so happy about such a thing!

Sorry for excess exclamation marks!

ETA - I just realised it's a full moon which would totally be causing my symptoms. I'm really not as new age as I sound  laugh.gif

Edited by bright_eyes, 04 May 2012 - 06:27 PM.

#64 miraclebaby11

Posted 04 May 2012 - 06:34 PM

Evening Ladies,

Welcome SazzleAnn, hope your journey here is short and sweet

BrightEyes: I'm sorry you are feeling a bit down at the moment. I can sympathise as I am feeling the same. I am always having people go "oh it must be time for another one", if only they knew. I just keep thinking that whomever is looking down on me must not have the perfect baby for my family yet. Yep a silly thought but sometimes it helps.

Everyone's been a bit quiet on here the last couple of days. Nothing new for me at the moment. Boobs are a little tender and keep getting crampy twinges but still no AF currently on CD60.

Ok DS is complaining because it's bath time so I better go attend to the poor dear.

Have a great evening/night original.gif

#65 kimliz

Posted 04 May 2012 - 06:56 PM

QUOTE (V's mummy @ 01/05/2012, 07:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yay!  May is going to be a good month I think!!!!  I'm trying SMEP this month after MC last month.anyone else having a crack at SMEP????  cD 8 for me today so we're in to it! Lol!

I am having a crack with SMEP. I'm doing OPK's but still have  not got a positive and it's CD 20. Not due to O for another 2 days though, so still could get one, just confusing as thy seemed to be getting progressively darker last weekend and then back to extremely faint, without getting a positive. Not sure if I missed it or they were just normal fluctuations??? Been BD every 2nd night since early on, so at least I'm in with a chance. Hope it works for you V's mummy.

#66 kimliz

Posted 04 May 2012 - 07:02 PM

QUOTE (MagsJee @ 04/05/2012, 10:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Bit quiet in here.  I think I'm out this cycle, just not enough BDing.  Although having said that I haven't had any of my usual O symptom so there may still be a super slim chance for this month.  I'm not holding out much hope.

Good luck to our first round of testers this weekend  biggrin.gif  I hope there's lots of BFPs

Good luck Mags.

Could you put me down to test on the 20th

Thanks heaps

#67 antigone_

Posted 05 May 2012 - 03:04 PM

QUOTE (miraclebaby11 @ 04/05/2012, 06:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
BrightEyes: I'm sorry you are feeling a bit down at the moment. I can sympathise as I am feeling the same. I am always having people go "oh it must be time for another one", if only they knew. I just keep thinking that whomever is looking down on me must not have the perfect baby for my family yet. Yep a silly thought but sometimes it helps.

It's funny how you can really never win, because amongst my friends it would be unthinkable to try for another when my first was only 7 months old! They were all still clubbing when I had my first and some were aghast we were having a baby at all and then with the second one they "Are you pregnant AGAIN?!". For you, people are already asking if it's time for another - we can never really win.  original.gif

I'm actually pretty honest with people - when they see my youngest is 4.5 and they ask if we'll have another one I say "We've been trying but it has not been easy this time and it may not happen." I generally find people very sympathetic. It's not like I go around telling everyone that, but it does help to share the burden sometimes.

Feeling very tired this afternoon and having some nausea - 5 dpo. Breasts feeling fuller and only slightly tender today.

#68 Chasing*Rainbows

Posted 05 May 2012 - 03:15 PM

QUOTE (bright_eyes @ 04/05/2012, 06:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This journey has been very sobering for me. While I was never at all cocky about our former fertility (2 babies conceived first go each time), it was something I always thought would be there whenever I wanted it. Now I know better and I hate feeling sad with every pregnancy announcement and working out if 'that woman has ever had a miscarriage' and realising they probably haven't - hello Tori Spelling! While I miscarried early (7 weeks) it has been really hard to get over.. 4 months have passed now.

That's my essay original.gif

I know the feeling well bright_eyes. Pregnancy for me ten and fifteen years ago was something that happened without even thinking about it. Honestly it's only now that I'm finding it hard to fall pregnant that I've even bothered to work out when ovulation happens and realise how lucky I was to fall pregnant with my kids, given the small window of opportunity you have each month. My entire life at the moment seems to be waiting to ovulate, hoping we BD'ed enough, counting down the days to see if AF shows up and crying when it does only to start the whole process again.

Anyway at the moment I'm 9DPO, boobs are pounding and the sides hurt to touch, I've had constant backache for the last week, tiredness (I could happily sleep for a month at the moment), creamy CM and generally feeling like crap. I'm praying that its not all PMS and I'll get a BFP but at the same time don't want to get my hopes up only to have them come crashing down when AF shows.

Goodluck ladies, I hope May is a really lucky month for us.

#69 antigone_

Posted 05 May 2012 - 08:53 PM

QUOTE (learningasIgo @ 05/05/2012, 03:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I know the feeling well bright_eyes. Pregnancy for me ten and fifteen years ago was something that happened without even thinking about it. Honestly it's only now that I'm finding it hard to fall pregnant that I've even bothered to work out when ovulation happens and realise how lucky I was to fall pregnant with my kids, given the small window of opportunity you have each month. My entire life at the moment seems to be waiting to ovulate, hoping we BD'ed enough, counting down the days to see if AF shows up and crying when it does only to start the whole process again.

Anyway at the moment I'm 9DPO, boobs are pounding and the sides hurt to touch, I've had constant backache for the last week, tiredness (I could happily sleep for a month at the moment), creamy CM and generally feeling like crap. I'm praying that its not all PMS and I'll get a BFP but at the same time don't want to get my hopes up only to have them come crashing down when AF shows.

Goodluck ladies, I hope May is a really lucky month for us.

It feels really comforting to have your empathy as there is so much guilt that comes with my feelings. There is always the line that it could be so much worse and I'm so painfully aware that i have two perfect children and there are some here who are trying to conceive their first. Then I look at your sig and I feel guilt that you have been through so much more than me in terms of miscarriage, the time frame and here I am feeling that I'm suffering. Ugh I was SO innocent to this complicated process before this and sometimes I wonder "Do I want this third child enough to put myself through this?"

I'll be hanging around a few months more - we'll probably give it most of this year then be happy with our two and move on with our lives. Either way I will be grateful for what I have been given in life.

Your symptoms sound very promising!

Good luck all!

#70 ellik

Posted 05 May 2012 - 10:25 PM

Hi everyone! Good luck for May.

Can you please put me down for testing May 9th, thanks.

#71 Chasing*Rainbows

Posted 06 May 2012 - 07:22 AM

Hi Ladies

I'm out for this month.  sad.gif  Started spotting last night so AF should be here today or tomorrow. Good luck everyone.

#72 Guest_V's mummy_*

Posted 06 May 2012 - 08:17 AM

Learningasigo-  I'm sorry the witch showed lovely!   sad.gif
This is just a quick one from me.  Is anyone using maybebaby successfully? (I know lots of people don't like it or it doesn't work for them but it worked for me with DD so I'm giving it a crack again along with my opk's). Those that are using it-  when you get the very first bit of partial ferning,  how long from then do you usually ovulate??
I ask because I got partial ferning today at CD13 and I usually ovulate cd 18-19 so I'm really hoping that I will ovulate a bit earlier as I've had some other signs too!

#73 MagsJee

Posted 06 May 2012 - 09:21 AM

Poo learningasIgo, nasty of the witch to show up.

Sorry V's mummy, I don't use OPKs so I can't help.

Well I had some ab pains on my left side last night which I'm presuming were O pains so managed some BD and super extreme FX that we caught the eggy because we just haven't danced around the May pole enough this month  sad.gif  

So hopefully we'll have a bunch of BFPs after this weekend  biggrin.gif

eta:  Had a conversation with Mr Mags last night about rewards points to department store gift cards, it was quite a bit and my first thought was:  that much would pay for a really nice nursery  laughing2.gif  baby on the brain or what?   bbaby.gif

Edited by MagsJee, 06 May 2012 - 09:34 AM.

#74 sassymumma

Posted 06 May 2012 - 09:42 PM

Hi All,

I have been reading posts on EB for a couple of months now while trying to conceive. Has been so helpful for me!! Just wanted to say that I got a BFP today!! biggrin.gif
Havent told anyone yet (other than DP of course) and just wanted to share with someone.

Wishing all good luck with TTC

#75 Bristol

Posted 06 May 2012 - 11:08 PM

Hooray sassymumma!! Thats great news!

And I hope your maypole dancing did the trick mags. I had a couple of spins round the ole pole myself and have got thru the first week of waiting.

Looks like there will be quite a few of us testing round mothers day next weekend. How exciting! I shouldn't really try til the Monday but its not like I have any self control when it comes to POAS. Bring it on.

Have a great week ladies x

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users

WIN an exclusive performance from Sam Moran!

To celebrate the release of children?s musical series Play Along with Sam, out now on DVD, we?re giving one lucky parent the chance to have Sam perform at their child?s pre-school or day care!

Toddler freed after getting trapped in escalator

A shopping centre escalator needed to be pulled apart to free a toddler's trapped hand.

Why I'm kind of excited about my daughter's nits

Is it weird to say that I am secretly thrilled to find that my daughter Edie has nits?

Baby born at 10:11 on 12-13-14

Well, it's actually 13-12-14 to us over here. But still, Clare Elizabeth Keane's consecutive numerical birth time is pretty special.

On holding tightly and loving fiercely

We can't live in fear. This post is about Christmas and how at this time we should be celebrating life and grateful for what we have: our loved ones who we cherish fiercely.

Babies, relatives and coping with Christmas day

Everyone will love your baby but your baby may not be so happy to be passed around a lot of new people - nor may you want to feed with an audience.

Why I won't be posting pictures of my baby on Facebook

There are pros and cons to this policy.

The myths and truths of gender swaying

Here are a few popular methods hopeful parents-to-be use to try to get a baby of their preferred gender – and what an expert says about whether they really work.

10 easy DIY Christmas decoration ideas

It's officially time to get into the Christmas spirit. Why not branch out when you put up your tree this year and add a personal touch with a few DIY decorations? We've found the perfect easy-to-make ways to put more festive fever into your home.

The dangerous new trend of glucose challenge test refusal

A dangerous trend is seeing more mothers-to-be declining a relatively simple and painless test to check for gestational diabetes.

Office of Fair Trading reveals naughty toys ahead of Christmas

The Office of Fair Trading has pulled seven toys from shelves ahead of Christmas after they fail safety tests.

Video: Baby boy's trouble with twins

These twin girls will no doubt have fun fooling people in years to come, but nobody will be as confused as baby Landon.

Long-term reversible male contraceptive on its way

Men could soon have access to an injectable long-term contraceptive which works in a similar way to a vasectomy but promises to be easily reversed.

'I tried to kill my baby': one mum's story

After bathing and dressing her three-month-old son, Amanda had a rare moment alone with her baby.

Attack of the 'mummy brain'

I feel that almost every day, someone in my life - be they a friend, family member or complete stranger - feels the need to excuse my behaviour as I have other things on my mind.

Mum of baby who fell ill after drinking raw milk speaks out

A Melbourne mother has described how her son turned grey when he became seriously ill after drinking raw milk.

Australian divorce rate lowest since 1976

Modern newlyweds are now well into their 30s and marriage still offers something powerful a new book argues.

The aftermath of a traumatic birth experience

In Australia, 30 per cent of women find their birth experience traumatic, with 6 per cent going on to develop post traumatic stress disorder (PTSD).

Young mum burns 'from inside-out'

A young mum is in intensive care after she took a friend's antibiotic and wound up with an ailment that is burning her body 'from the inside-out'.

The disagreement that can break a relationship

If he doesn't change his mind, all I can hope is that I will. It would be a waste to spend the rest of my marriage mourning a baby that never was.

Download now: Essential Kids Activity Finder app

Got bored kids? Quickly find the best activities for kids wherever you are in Australia with the Essential Kids app.

Advertisement

Advertisement

What's hot on EB

Co-sleeping or no-sleeping? Mum videos worst nap ever

One mother's futile attempt to sleep in caught on camera in a hilarious - and very cute - video.

Why children misbehave during the festive season

While we all like to imagine the holiday season as being a fun, loving and bonding experience; often our reality is quiet different.

I was fat-shamed by my doctor

The fear of being weighed is the most significant factor in women cancelling medical appointments - and now weight-shaming has happened to me.

End of an era: no more childcare

As we reach the end of 2014, we're closing the book on many things for another year, most notably childcare. Our last child has attended childcare for the very last time.

WIN an exclusive performance from Sam Moran!

To celebrate the release of children?s musical series Play Along with Sam, out now on DVD, we?re giving one lucky parent the chance to have Sam perform at their child?s pre-school or day care!

The 7-year itch is more like the 10-year itch: study

Contrary to popular belief, making it past the seven-year mark doesn't mean your marriage will be smooth sailing from there on.

Should children be forced to sit on Santa's lap?

We teach kids it’s okay to say no if they don’t feel safe, so why do some parents force their children to climb in to Santa's lap?

Stop telling us that parenting gets harder

I’m sure that parenting will get harder. But life isn’t exactly smooth sailing for many of us right now, either.

Baby born weighing almost 14 pounds

Yes, the bouncing baby girl was born by caesarean section. And mum says no more kids.

The dummy debate

I'm the first to admit that when I used to see tiny babies with dummies in their mouths, I thought "Hmm, lazy parenting." And now I apologise.

'I thought I was an only child'

Imagine meeting your double at a school sports event, or regularly being mistaken for someone you haven't met. Separated twins Margaret and Joy tell their story.

Carers admit to force-feeding children

As Sydney grieves the loss of Sydney siege victims Katrina Dawson and Tori Johnson, reports have suggested that both died as heroes.

How many weeks til Christmas?

On your To-Do list

Get the "Santa" shopping done without the kids in tow.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.