New thread time

Previous thread

Regards

Ali

#2 doulamelissa

Posted 30 April 2012 - 03:44 PM

Hi all
  it's Been a   few years and i have  posted  but here i am
  ttc 1 with pcos and less a tube as well .
  my dr  has put  me on metformin 1000 for the pcos  the  day  i  started  that  i had not  had a period in 170 day  but  within 2 weeks  i  had a period and then  my  next  one was 32 days later . now  i am late again yes i today  is  day  36  still no period and i   took a  test and it was neg . i  last saw my   dr  a  month and  half ago  he  said that  i  might be  lucky and the  metformin will  help  us get  lucky . should  i  wait to  see dr for a  bit  more  he  thinking  of  try  us  on clomid
hugs and  luck  to  all
Melissa

#3 Babymurk

Posted 09 May 2012 - 03:47 PM

Hi Ladies

Just a quick one from me as i am on my iphone.

I went to my dr yesterday and when he asked how I was going I told him that I am feeling stuck and that I don't think much is happening he laughed and told me that my progesterone levels were 190 at my BT so I should be pleased with that as it is quite high and said that everything is going well.

i dont' fully understand the levels etc and i was just wondering if anyone knows why this is a good reading?

#4 Babymurk

Posted 11 May 2012 - 08:27 AM

Well i caved and tested last night at 10DPO and got a BFN so i guess i just need to wait for AF to show in the next couple of days

#5 Babymurk

Posted 14 May 2012 - 11:16 AM

Hi Ladies

Well my temps dropped this morning below my cover line so i am expecting AF to arrive shortly.  A little disappointed as i haven’t had any real cramps and my (.Y.) are still quite sore.  Sorry if TMI but when I wipe i am getting a little pink in my CM so thinking that she is on her way .  I really thought and felt this was our month, everything felt the same as our BFP 4 years ago but I guess it just wasn’t meant to be. Would have been a great 30th birthday present through

#6 PilbaraJen

Posted 14 May 2012 - 06:50 PM

Hi Everyone!

I was hoping I could get some advice/info on what everyone's TTC journey has been so far?

I've been on Metformin 1000mg a day since July, and was wondering what the next step would be or what anyone else has been through. My GP thinks I'm not ovulating as my Progesterone levels were around 40 on CD21, so I've been monitoring my BTT since then, and it shows I O when I'm on Metformin (I had a break off the meds last month so I could drink wink.gif )
I'm not due to see the OBS until Mid-June due to waitlists and lack of Dr's in the area (I've been waiting since Feb mad.gif ) but just curious as I read about shots, and triggers and other "fun" things.
Thanks!

#7 Babymurk

Posted 18 May 2012 - 08:24 AM

Hi PilbaraJen - My GP put me on meformin 1000mg a day to try to regulate a cycle before i went and seen a gyno/fs.  When i went to the gyno/fs he then put me onto Clomid which i take from CD5 through to CD9 and usually O around CD21 (should be around CD14 but for some reason i take longer).  I am still on the metformin with the clomid and this will be my 4th round and i have had O in each just not lucky enough to get a BFP just yet

I haven't had any shots, triggers etc but i have heard that depending on your dr when your on clomid what they might do is do scans to see when you have good eggs and then give you a shot/trigger to bring on O to better pin point O time.

#8 PilbaraJen

Posted 25 May 2012 - 06:59 PM

Thanks Babymurk.My Gyno appointment has been brought forward to this Tuesday now, so I'm hoping I will go on clomid to give me a much needed boost! I should O tomorrow, so the next couple of days are going to be very interesting!

#9 Babymurk

Posted 30 May 2012 - 02:43 PM

Hi PilbaraJen - How did you go at your Drs Appointment?  I see by your signature that you have O, how are you going in the 2ww?

AFM - not much happening at the moment, waiting to O.  Have started using the OPKs today - had a temp dip so thought i might bring in forward a couple of days just in case i O earlier this month.  hands.gif that this month i can actually see a difference in them - last time i kept getting the same reading two lines the same colour

#10 PilbaraJen

Posted 01 June 2012 - 11:42 PM

Hi Babymurk,Dr was good, he took all my history and such down, asked for more blood tests including the cd21 progesterone test to make sure i o. He basically said if I didn't o then he'll put me on clomid for 3 months, if I did, then he'll schedule a laparoscopic/ovarian drilling procedure to find out if I have any blockages, if that doesn't work, or nothing is found then on to IVF.Feels a bit scary that I could be that close to the option of IVF to be honest, and am really hoping it doesn't go that far.My temps (and body!) and going a bit screwy this month, very slow rise after o - only .01 degree today. Makes me think my progesterone is not at a high enough level, but I'll see how the next appt goes on the 19 and get the results from the blood work then.
I had a dream I had a BFP last night, so I think I'm fooling my mind and body into symptoms! Stupid psyche! glare.gif

#11 bek_p

Posted 12 June 2012 - 08:06 PM

Hi guys,

Im new so heres our story,

I have always had irregular heavy painful periods from 11/12. After using a range of contraception's I came off them 2 years ago. we have unofficially been TTC 12months and serious about doing it the last 6.

I have not officially been diagnosed with PCOS- My Gyno wont unless i show 3+ symptoms. Ultrasounds show multiple folicos, i have excess hair growth and slightly over weight. Gyno seams to think i may be on the border so if my weight at all fluctuates im at risk of having PCOS.

Im ranging from a 31-120 day cycle my adv is 41 i think.

I am currently looking for a GP in our area as i have never had a stable one. has no signs or symptoms of O this month.

#12 PilbaraJen

Posted 13 June 2012 - 11:00 PM

Hi Bek!
I definitely think you get a gp, the ultrasound should have shown any cysts, did your Gyno request any bt's to test your hormone levels?
My gp set me on metformin as soon as I said I was wanting to conceive and it really helped get my AF on schedule, for some people it's different, but metformin is usually the first step to try.
Good luck!

#13 limborock

Posted 14 July 2012 - 05:12 PM

Hi, I was wondering if I can join (again).
Off the pill since Nov 2011, AF every 40-50 days, but no BFPs. Charting for the past 3 months.
Saw my OBGyn on Friday who has given me a script for metformin, clomid and CD21 test.
AF came today, so I guess I'm going back to the pharmacy tomorrow to get my clomid script filled...

I was lucky enough to conceive my son on my third cycle of Clomid/met last time, after having a miscarriage after my first cycle. I thought I might get lucky this time around and not need theClomid, but oh well...

How are you all?

#14 Poseidon768

Posted 18 July 2012 - 08:30 AM

Hey everybody,

I was wondering if it'd be okay for me to post here?  I feel so desperate to communicate with people who know what it's like to be going through this not-so-picture-perfect TCC journey.

I've been off the pill since mid-March this year.  Today is CD122 sad.gif
I found out 3 weeks ago that both of my ovaries are caked with cysts. So i've been diagnosed with PCOS

My bloods came out to be normal.

I don't know if I have insulin resistance or not - my doc didn't want to check (???) I have noticed two small grey patches near my armpits (kind of look like bruises but they aren't sore).  So maybe they're Acanthosis nigricans ??

I'm not overweight - though I have been gaining weight since coming off of the pill in attempt to make me more fertile (and because the doc said I should.. ).  Though I think after this week I'm going to stop letting flab build up and just wait to see what a FS says.

I started taking Vitex about a month ago, and EPO & red raspberry leaf extract about 2 weeks ago in hopes that it would be some miracle cure for amenorrhoea.

Basically I'm waiting for another month to see a FS and am upset and frustrated in the meantime.

Ho hum....
That's everything in a nutshell!

Thanks for your time, hope to speak to you all soon original.gif

Andrea

#15 bek_p

Posted 20 July 2012 - 01:22 PM

What are ppl's  experience with OPK's... I got a positive yesterday does that mean I will O today or is there a chance it still wont happen because of PCOS

#16 ~A2~

Posted 25 September 2012 - 12:07 PM

still chatting everyone?

Just posting to bump this up and see who is here still.

Regards

Ali

#17 Bazinga

Posted 25 September 2012 - 08:59 PM

Hey everyone, Its been a while since I've been on EB after the birth of my first baby but now I'm headed back to the FS to start AC again original.gif

Whats everyone up too?

I noticed a post a few back regarding OPKS and just wanted to put it out there that some ladies with PCOS and high LH levels will always have +OPKs so there's no point in using them....I learn't the hard way!

Well hope to share the journey with you original.gif

#18 bek_p

Posted 25 September 2012 - 09:26 PM

QUOTE (Bazinga @ 25/09/2012, 08:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I noticed a post a few back regarding OPKS and just wanted to put it out there that some ladies with PCOS and high LH levels will always have +OPKs so there's no point in using them....I learn't the hard way!

Thaat makes sense since ive had a few positivs but then no follow up from AF so maybe it eas a fake pos.

I have yet to be diagnosed with PCOS but i think FS will next weds

#19 miraclebaby11

Posted 25 September 2012 - 09:41 PM

Hi ladies,

I am currently TTC #2. It took 18 months to conceive DS without fertility treatment but I am not prepared to wait that long this time. We did fall pg in November last year but sadly lost the pregnancy at about 6 weeks. Since then we have been trying but not succeeding.

I am currently taking metformin which I feel isn't working so am contemplating going back to the gyno to see if he will now give me clomid. He didn't want to last vist in May due to my diabetes but my endocrinologist has given me the all clear to have another baby.

It would be great to be able to share this journey with other ladies who also understand the frustration we are going through.

My last AF was in March sad.gif and regards to the OPK's I don't use them anymore due to getting false +'s

#20 Babymurk

Posted 26 September 2012 - 11:12 AM

Hi Ladies

My Dr has said that why i am taking Clomid that OPKs will be accurate as i asked because i had heard that with PCOS that it gives you false negative

I went to see my Dr yesterday and i am now scheduled in for a laparoscopy for the 30/10 and have been told to doing the rounds of clomid up to and then for either 3-6 months before we look into other options such as IVF.  He also wants me to do the OPKs again while on clomid.

Just wondering how many of you are doing your temps?  I have been and still am doing this but am thinking of having a break.  I do like to do it so i can see when the temps drop but i am just wondering if it is worth taking time off and not thinking about it and just let the medication do what it is meant to do and not put the added stress on shrug.gif shrug.gif shrug.gif shrug.gif    

According to FF i am currently CD34 and 8DPO.  I usually have CD35 but for some reason i seem to have O later for some reason. then in saying that the cycle before my last one i had a CD28 so go figure - the joy of PCOS i guess

I did do a HPT yesterday morning as i knew the Dr would ask and it was a BFN.gif but i also know that it way to early.  I am heading to the gold coast on Monday for a holiday so not looking forward to AF arriving when i am away but then i could always be surprised hands.gif   tongue.gif

#21 miraclebaby11

Posted 26 September 2012 - 07:25 PM

QUOTE (Babymurk @ 26/09/2012, 11:12 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Just wondering how many of you are doing your temps?  I have been and still am doing this but am thinking of having a break.  I do like to do it so i can see when the temps drop but i am just wondering if it is worth taking time off and not thinking about it and just let the medication do what it is meant to do and not put the added stress on shrug.gif shrug.gif shrug.gif shrug.gif

I don't temp as I am up and down to DS all night so it wouldn't be accurate.

Have you found the clomid makes you emotionally unstable? I am scared of the side effects and I think this is why I am hesitant to go back for a script.

#22 Bazinga

Posted 20 November 2012 - 11:37 AM

Yay finally got my appointment date. 19th December original.gif Going to have annual bloods next week and hopefully start of FSH injections early new year.

#23 bek_p

Posted 05 December 2012 - 04:40 PM

Anyone still around

Found out that I am infact ovulating with 25mg of clomid  happy sad moment

#24 Mrscarlton

Posted 07 January 2013 - 03:43 PM

Hey Guys!

I am TTC for our first. I was diagnosed when i was 17 with PCOS and can count the number of cycles i have had since then on one hand (7 years). We got married over a year ago and have never used protection as we wanted to let nature make the decision for us. About a month and a half ago i went to see a GYNO because we wanted to "officially" start trying. He said i have (according to my bloods) a very sever case of PCOS and that he wants to start me on Provera and Clomid. After a mix up during the first month we decided to scrap it and try again this month. I am currently CD8 and are due to O on the 14th (this is a shot in the dark).......just ordered some OPK's so fingers crossed!

#25 Emmaleee

Posted 09 January 2013 - 03:11 PM

Hi all

I feel like a bit of an imposter here because i am infact pregnant with out first, due march.

This little one took nearly a year to concieve (naturally praise God!) but i still have some concerns about the future of my family and my own health in relation to PCOS.

I was diagnosed around the age of 19 but because i'm slim & healthy allll the doctors I saw said i shouldn't have any long term problems with my health, i feel stupid for listening to them now because i have been diagnosed with gestational diabetes and am terrified it will be a long term thing.

If any of you are/have previously been pregnant, did you have gestational diabetes? i was diagnosed at 28 weeks, my 2 hour result was 11.3 which seems really high, and i'm scared i may have had type 2 befor pregnancy?

I was wondering is anyone here has managed to concieve number 2 (naturally or otherwise) and how long did it take after number 1?

good luck to all of you in whatever stage of your journey you may be in!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Teaching our son to say no to violence against women

Today, on White Ribbon Day - and every other day - we're teaching our son to say no to violence against women.

Mothers told to breastfeed in 'spacious' toilet

If there is one thing the owners of Tillings Cafe can be certain of, it is that the eatery won't win the award for Britain's best baby-friendly coffee shop any time soon.

Mother gives name to son dumped down drain

A woman who admitted to dumping her newborn baby down a Sydney drain has reportedly been allowed to give him a name.

Taking small steps to reduce stress

Are you feeling used up by life's stress, family problems and a demanding job you can't turn off? Many people are way beyond work-life exhaustion. They are functioning as robots.

Bad news: we're running out of chocolate

The world's biggest chocolate-maker says we're running out of chocolate.

Born at 23 weeks, 'Chopstick Baby' survives first week

A baby who was born at 23 weeks has survived her first week of life outside the womb.

Manic stations: the nesting instinct in pregnancy

It might sound like temporary insanity, but almost obsessive nesting as you near your due date isn’t uncommon – even if you’re not usually a particularly clean person.

How a baby can survive alone for days on end

The baby found abandoned in a Sydney drain may have been alone for up to six days without being fed, leaving many asking how he could have survived.

When it begins to look a lot like Christmas

A child's excitement at Christmas time is a beautiful thing, but one dad ponders whether his toddler daughter is getting into the festive mood a bit too soon.

Hospital lets dads the experience some of the pain of childbirth

A new experience is radically altering men's views of childbirth.

Italian doctors questioned over formula bribes

Italian police have placed 12 doctors under house arrest on suspicion of promoting baby milk formula over breastfeeding.

Heartwarming prank gives single mum the house she was hired to clean

Cara Simmons arrived at work to clean a large and beautiful house in time for a party planned for that evening. It was soon hers.

Those special moments of sibling bonding

Every now and then your child does or says something that is truly memorable.

Why we should stop telling new parents to 'enjoy every moment'

A few weeks ago, some dear friends of mine had their first baby. As the proud dad texted me a picture I had to fight the natural instinct to say “Enjoy every moment!”

Baby monitor footage posted online

Footage of Australian babies and children sleeping in their bedrooms are among the images on a Russian site showing live feeds from thousands of homes and businesses around the world.

Did this new dad really hit on his wife's midwife?

Was there really a man who was actually there by his wife’s side as she laboured and gave birth to his child, all while he was making what he perceived to be meaningful eye contact with a midwife?

Keep calm and ignore the Tantrum Trolls

Tantrum Trolls are a small but growing species of predatory bottom-feeders who delight in picking on parents at their most vulnerable.

It's okay to never 'get over' the death of a loved one

The death of children, siblings, and parents has long term impacts on the rest of our lives.

What Mark Latham needs to know about depression and motherhood

Love has nothing to do with mental illness. But love may drive a mother to do something about it.

'We're just trying to keep our child alive': life with FPIES

We have a beautiful seven-month-old son, and his allergy rules our life.

Transgender dad breastfeeds his babies

A transgender man who breastfed his first baby - despite having his breasts removed as part of his transformation from female to male - has now had a second child.

Couple face $1 million medical bill and bankruptcy after babymoon birth

A Canadian couple were slammed with a million dollar medical bill after their daughter was prematurely during their babymoon.

Cigarettes, junk food dominate supermarket sales growth

One in every five dollars spent at supermarkets goes on cigarettes or junk food, according to industry data.

Teacher under fire for breastfeeding in class

There is no doubt mums have a right to continue breastfeeding after they have returned to work, but one teacher in the US has taken it to the extreme.

Win a family pass to Disney Live!

We have 4 family passes to give away to see Disney Live! presents Three Classic Fairy Tales, touring Australia this December/January.

Download now: Essential Kids Activity Finder app

Got bored kids? Quickly find the best activities for kids wherever you are in Australia with the Essential Kids app.

Advertisement

Advertisement

What's hot on EB

Join PADDINGTON on the red carpet!

To celebrate the release of PADDINGTON, we are giving five lucky winners the chance to win a family pass to the exclusive Australian Premiere in Sydney on December 7!

The tragedy of losing a favourite teddy bear

We were green and uninitiated, perhaps a little naïve when it came to the favourite toy responsibility.

Video: Baby sniffs beardless dad to make sure it's him

She looks him up and down and then touches his chin, but baby Lindsey still isn't sure this clean-shaven man is her dad.

It's possible to workout while pregnant

Medical experts say intense fitness routines can be done safely during pregnancy - if the mums-to-be follow some guidelines.

What parents really want for their kids

Are our hopes, dreams and expectations for our children what they really need?

'I had a feeling something was seriously wrong'

Before even giving birth, Katie Myers' maternal instincts warned her something was wrong with her baby.

When your pregnancy causes a relationship rift

Some dads-to-be don't miss a beat when their partner is pregnant; others struggle with a range of issues and can become withdrawn, right when their support is needed most.

Couple uses group photo trick to announce pregnancy to loved ones

Katharine and Kris Camilli devised a clever trick to immortalise their family and friends' reactions to their exciting pregnancy news.

Why Tracey Spicer has given up make-up

"After 30 years on television, I had become what I despised: a painted doll who spent an hour a day and close to $200 a week putting on a mask."

Knowing you are one of the lucky ones

I am secure, confident and strong, but the responsibility of protecting my children can almost bring me undone.

Why I am so emotional now I have kids?

There are so many ways in which parenthood changes us as women, but one of the most noticeable, for me, has been the changing state of my emotions.

Baby survives despite sharing womb with 'foreign body'

Baby Maia was conceived against the odds, only to find she was sharing a womb with an ominous "foreign body".

Video: Baby shows dog how to jump - or vice versa

They say dog is man's best friend, but this playful pooch seems to have chosen a jumping baby as her number one buddy.

10 ways to soothe a crying baby

New paernts can get frustrated when their newborn gets fussy and can't settle down. When you're feeling overwhelmed, try some of these simple tips to help soothe your baby.

20 baby names that are becoming more popular every year

The data-lovers at nameberry.com have been at it again – this time, they’ve discovered the names that are continually rising up the ranks, ready to take out some top spots in the next few years.

10 great meals to make for new parents

Ideally, you want to give food that isn’t expensive to make, isn't too difficult to create, and freezes well; stews, bakes, soups and pasta sauces are perfect.

Weird pregnancy products

Some pregnancy products come to market and are just awesome. Others just leave you scratching your head.

Carers admit to force-feeding children

Two children who were given to the wrong families at birth will soon learn if they will be returned to their biological parents.

How many weeks til Christmas?

On your To-Do list

Get the "Santa" shopping done without the kids in tow.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.