Hi all

New thread time

Previous thread

Regards

Ali

#2 tinkster23

Posted 30 April 2012 - 10:26 AM

GOLD!

Thats all I have time for now, I've gotta go shower for an OB appointment, back later with personals

original.gif

#3 sg290780

Posted 30 April 2012 - 11:29 AM

Hi everyone,

Lots to read now we are combined!! I havent experienced any leakage but Oh my gosh has my sex drive gone crazy  wub.gif

My poor partner - LOL -  I am sure a month ago he never thought he would complain about me needing it too much.

Anyway I am telling him to make me happy and store up these sessions cause when our little boy arrives I will be too tired and a milk machine.

Hope everyone is enjoying this time

xx

#4 PinkSurvivor

Posted 30 April 2012 - 12:21 PM

bbabyflip.gif Our Due Dates! bbabyflip.gif

September 1st

Morti
Name : Sharon
Sex of baby : Boy!!!
Other children : 3 (DS 11; DD 8; DD 6)

Miss S
Name: Susan
Other: DH 40, 1x DS 19, 1x DD 2.5

September 2nd

ayla2008
Name Teresa,
live- Melbourne SE going to Monash
Age 37,
other kids- DD 3.5years

September 3rd

Threenager
Name: Simone
Location Canberra.
Sex: We r thinking boy, but will know more at 20 weeks.
One other child, dd, 3.5.

McBaby's Mum
Me:31 years
Husband: 30 years
First Baby
Country Victoria

DJMIN
Sex: I'm hoping for a girl.. no sense either way. We've decided to find out at 20 weeks scan.
Other Children - 0

September 4th

Catirving
Name: Becky
Sex: girl!
Other: N/A

Giltine
Name: Leanne
Sex: I'm guessing a girl, DF wants a boy.
Other Children: N/A

sg290780
Name: Sally
Sex: Everyone thinks a boy... I have no idea
Other Children: 2 gorgeous girls - 7 & 5

September 5th

tauruspregnant
Name: Simone
Sex: I'm guessing boy but my friend thinks girl and she is a little psychic so we'll see
Other Children: None

nikksta
Name - Nikki
I live in Perth (Fremantle area)
Age - 33
No other children..

September 6th

PinkSurvivor
Name: Jennifer
Sex: DH is positive its a girl but I'm waiting for the gender scan
Other: DS1 is 4 and DS2 is 2

Bell07
Name: Bell
Sex: Not sure at all, no vibe this time but my DP thinks girl.
One DD aged 8 months (yes, I am absolutely freaking out at the small age gap, just trying to keep telling myself that we can do it...)

September 7th

September 8th

September 9th

Dimdash
Name: Dimity
Sex: Our guess is boy
Other Children - 0

BumpedUp
Name: Kristie
Sex: My vibe is girl @ the moment
Other Children: n/a

September 10th

Red2012

Name: Rachelle
Sex: My instincts say a girl
Other Children: N/A

NatMac
Name: Nat
Sex: Strong instinct it's a girl
Other children: DS 11 months

September 11th
jodiecorrine
Baby#4

amberkins

September 12th

Mumma-to-A

Name: Sonia
Sex: No idea but will be finding out through scan.
Other children: DS 4

September 13th

Sarr333
Name: Sarah
Sex: Unsure
Other: N/A

Babyandmother
Other Children: Twin Boys

September 14th

September 15th

September 16th
3cubs
Name: Ingrid
Baby no. 4
Ds1: 4 turning 5 in June, DS2: passed away at 11 days, DD: 1 turning 2 in November

September 17th

Popple

Other Children: DS 2

Futureself
Sex: WE can't decide if we want to know! Scan next week

Em-K
Name : Emma-Kate
Sex of baby : TBA (find out on the 26th April - my husband and I can't wait!!)
Other children : 0 (this is our first child)

September 18th
Kayelee65
Name: Katrina

September 19th

tinkster23
Name:Theresa
Other Kids: Hannah 6; Jack 3

ejfingerscrossed
Name: Ella
Sex: Waiting a couple more weeks to find out, I think it's a boy!

September 20th
Hope_fully
Name: Katherine

September 21st

hellwifeBecG
Name: Bec

Want_to_be_a_mum

September 22nd

LozB

Name: Lauren

camizebra
Name: Camille
Sex: Will find out at our 3 May morphology scan
Other kids: None

*littlemiracles*
Name: Michelle
Sex of baby: unknown - scan 8th May
Other children: DD - aged 6 yrs

September 23rd

MKTWINS

scheduled 39 wk c-section
Name: Mel
Other Kids: Twin DD (3)
Sex: Can't wait to find out! (Next scan 9/5)

DeeDee70
Name: Dee,
Other kids: DS 13, DD11, DD9, DS 4 and DD 18months

Springmummy12
Name: Emma
Other Children: 0
Sex of Baby: Might find out at next weeks scan

Rach42
Name: Rach
Sex: TBA (find out in a couple of weeks)
2 other Children

Tibs
Other children: 2 and 4 year old

September 24th

Tricia24

Name: Tricia

mks81
Name: Michelle
Other Children: DD9
Live:SWQLD

September 25th
Twins in the oven
Name:Casey
Due Date:25th September (Twins)
Other Children:2boys Ethan 5yr, Lincon 2.5yrs
Sex of Babies:not sure yet

petalle07
Name: Al
Due Date: 25th Sept
Other Children: none
Sex of Baby: unknown

September 26th
tweetz
1st Baby

September 27th

September 28th

Jess1980

Name: Jess
ITS TWINS
Genders: Surprise

September 29th

September 30th

Our Angels

MoiMoiMoi

N@K

Edited by PinkSurvivor, 30 April 2012 - 12:32 PM.

#5 McBaby's Mum

Posted 30 April 2012 - 06:17 PM

Hi everyone,

First I’d like to thank all of you for your honest and frank conversations about pregnancy.  I am the first from my family and friends to have a baby and apart from some lovely well meaning woman at work, that are the same age (and older) as Mum,  I really have no one to discuss these things with. So thank you!I know pregnancy hasn't changed in 30 years but technologies have and often my colleagues can’t remember little things such as leaking breasts. Lol!

Petalle- My DH (what does this stand for? Dad/Husband? Sorry I’m new to these abbreviations) also takes the same approach to the name search as well.  I suggest names and he says nope!  Then makes a rather silly suggestion which I strongly reject.  I love Indianna for a girl, he’s suggests Inda?  Inda?? What the hell is Inda? I state, do you mean India, he says, no just Inda. Then suggests names from the 1950's and 1960's such as Barbra.  (Nothing against all the lovely Barbra's of the world)

red2012:Thanks for the recommendations for mamaway.com safe maternity underwire bras. I’m a massive underwire fan and was concerned that these are unsafe for breastfeeding and would have to resort with no underwire for the next 12 months.  So thankyou for the advice.

want_to_be_a_mum: I’m so sorry your 20 week ultra sound experience was so bad. What an insensitive jerk.  Where do you live?  I live in Gippsland Victoria and traveled to Warragul for my 20 week scan.  I was there for an hour or more. The sonographer was an amazing woman with 16 years’ experience.  My scan was also bulk billed.... that's right FREE!!!! I did have to travel an hour to get there, but locally the scan would cost me $280.  So I saved a small fortune. biggrin.gif

Take care ladies
Lots of love Bec

#6 *Mumma-to-A*

Posted 30 April 2012 - 11:48 PM

McBaby's Mum - DH - Is Darling Husband (or something on those lines) you can work out DD and DS -daughter/son. theres some abreivation list somewhere on EB. But you generally get the hang of it as you go. My scan is going to be billed to me $135 and $85 back from medicare.

Pink - List looks great hun!

sg290780 - I had the same thing with my DS. Now my normal drive has gone downhill with this pregnancy.

tinkster23 - How was your Ob appointment?

Wow people in Perth. New to that as my last DIG I was the only one. I'm in Kelmscott south of river.

Just updating quickly that I had 2 scans on the weekend. 1st was my 20 week scan on saturday morning. Bub didn't want to play and was in a Yoga position coverin the measurements for the heart, bladder and cord (and foot was between legs). Need to go back next tuesday to get these. We decided to do a 3d scan (place in North Perth) on sunday so we could find out gender and DH doesn't need to come for the following scan. So amazing and looks like we are having a little girl this time. Love the 3d/4d experience. Now the name game can start .

#7 mks81

Posted 01 May 2012 - 09:24 AM

Hi guys

My ms has eased off, just popping back every now and again. We live in a tiny villiage and our dawn service is basically a few metres down our street and I managed to embarrass myself by starting to feel yuk during the minutes silence...started backing away and walked back down to my house and threw up in our front garden....close enough that everyone could still see me. OH and neighbours thought it was hilarious apparently.

I have also managed to fall over quite a bit lately. I was walking out on our back verander to hang washing out and trod on a rotten board and went through it...10 ft up so frightened the crap out of me. I now have a sleeve graze all up my calf. Least that one wasn't my fault but I tripped walking out of a shop on Friday and slipped over in Woolies, while feeding the dogs and through a fence while feeding the horse. Luckily I keep landing on my bum. I have hearing loss so I think it with the pregnancy is making me off balance.

Scan next week so hopefully will find out what bub is. Everyone is thinking I am having a boy as I had been so sick, where as with daughter pregnancy was easy (I think harder pregnancy due to being so long and much older now from last time).

I managed to find a shop in the tiny town closest to here actually does have a range of baby goods so I got to have a look at some different prams which was a little bit exciting. Lovely staff as well so hoping to order through them once I decide what I want.

#8 hope_fully

Posted 01 May 2012 - 06:55 PM

Hi All,

Had my 20 week scan yesterday and all went well. Like Mumma to A baby wouldn't roll over to get a good look at the heart so had to come back at lunchtime and do some dancing around the room to finally see the 4 heart chambers.

We told the sonographer we didn't want to know the sex and then she referred to the baby as "he". Not sure if she was just using that generically, it was only a few seconds into the scan so hard to know and neither of us asked her about it. For the rest of the time she said "kid" or "baby" so......she might have ruined our surprise?! Anyway, am going to ignore it I guess. Her bedside manner was a bit awkward really.

Glad to hear everyone going along well.

McBaby's mum jealous of your free scan! Mine was $350 with $85 back from Medicare.

Take care all.

#9 tinkster23

Posted 01 May 2012 - 07:09 PM

sg- good advice to your hubby there, tends to be a feast or famine with pregnancy/breastfeeding

mcbabys mum- pregnancy has changed in 30 years, and not to mention people forget, even just between pregnancies how hard it can all be, so nice to have people to chat ti!

mumma to a-I'm in southern river! We'll have to organise a perth catch up at some point! I'm tempted to have one of those scnas to double check the gender, mostly cos I'm SO not sure I saw anything convincing, which place did you go to and how much was the scan. Hope baby is in a better mood for your next one so they can get all the measurements!

mks81-I've done plenty of public spewing, it sucks, but you get over it eventually. HOpe you are done falling over now, sounds very scary!

hopefully- I hope it was just a generic term, would suck if you were hoping for a surprise, but I find the not being sure even harder. She said she "thinks" boy but I didn't see anything convincing and "thinks" isn't very sure sounding, so we'll see.

AFM- very routine boring OB appt, just the way I like em. Back in a month for another. Am feeling SO much better altely, just the last week or so things seem to have settled so the spewing is less of an event, even did a few days in a row without spewing (tho my other 2 had gastro over the weekend, so broke that spell!) Have been getting heaps of headaches but am putting that down to life stress atm rather than pregnancy.

Hope everyone is feeling well.

original.gif

Edited by tinkster23, 01 May 2012 - 07:11 PM.

#10 GamerMum

Posted 01 May 2012 - 07:21 PM

Oo I love hearing about everyone's scans. It's getting exciting!

Question for you: I have no permanent doctor here (it changes every week or so, so every time I go it's someone different) and my midwife is next to useless. She called me to remind me to book my 20 week u/s when I was AT 20 weeks, knowing full well there's a two month waiting list for an u/s down south....

Anyway, I was wandering what comes next? Are there any other routine scans or tests that need doing, or am I just sitting and waiting for baby to arrive now? I'm assuming when I go down south (a month before my due date) that I'll have to find a doctor at the hospital, and midwives and such, but no one has told me anything, and everyone I ask seems as confused as I am!

I'm also wandering about classes and such. Breastfeeding ones, or labour ones.. I have NO idea really. But if I know what's available out there, I can book for the week I am down south, as I'm sure they have waiting lists too, and would rather not get there and be stuck in the apartment doing nothing for four weeks! Then get handed a baby at the end and told to go home! That's scary!

If anyone has any ideas, or things you've done previously, or anything it would be great. I'll be having bubs at Port Augusta Hospital, which I know no one else is, but it's only a few hours from Adelaide, so I can go there for classes and things if I feel like it.

#11 ejfingerscrossed

Posted 01 May 2012 - 09:37 PM

[quote name='McBaby's Mum' date='30/04/2012, 06:17 PM'

Petalle- My DH (what does this stand for? Dad/Husband? Sorry I’m new to these abbreviations) also takes the same approach to the name search as well.  I suggest names and he says nope!  Then makes a rather silly suggestion which I strongly reject.  I love Indianna for a girl, he’s suggests Inda?  Inda?? What the hell is Inda? I state, do you mean India, he says, no just Inda. Then suggests names from the 1950's and 1960's such as Barbra.  (Nothing against all the lovely Barbra's of the world)

Haha, I thought my DP was the only one being that helpful with names, he mainly suggests names of street signs he can see, names of beers or menu items! Really helpful buddy!

#12 tweetz

Posted 01 May 2012 - 10:07 PM

I agree it's wonderful hearing about everyone's scans.

We have our 20 week scan next week. Looking forward to the scan not just so we can find out if it's a boy or girl but so I can know everything is going well. Lately having regular moments worrying if everything is ok.

I've been very happy with where we've had our scans done but a little pricey - $250 and then $350 for the 12 week Nuchal testing & scan. However we're going to a place referred to by the hospital for this next one which will only cost $165 so a little nervous about what it will be like at this place.
A few of you have advised you got $85 back from Medicare for your scans. For the 2 scans done so far I've only gotten $60 back. Would anyone know reason for difference?

Giltine - sorry can't help you. This is my first pregnancy. We've only had book-in appt at the hospital so far which was pretty much paperwork and them asking lots of questions. Our next hospital appt is next week and this will be with the midwives. I've got a list of questions already to ask the midwife.

#13 lisa83

Posted 01 May 2012 - 10:20 PM

Hi Everyone

Wow alot has been going on since i was last in....great to see the 2 groups have joined. I have alot to catch up on.

Name: Lisa
Due Date: 15th Sept
Other Children: DD5 DSD5
Sex of Baby: Twin girls!!!!

I only have a few more weeks of uni left so i will hopefully have alot more time to get to know everyone better here. Its so exciting to see a coupke ore twim mummies here. What are everyones twins, I am preg with mono-di - sharing placents and gestational sac with dividing membrane - im hanging out to meet them and determining as to whether they are identical or not. Ive been told its 70% likely they are. We had our anatomy scan just over 2 weeks ago now and everything looked great and we are expecting twin girls. My partner was a little shocked to begin with as now we will have 4 girls.

At my last OB appointment thursday last week, one of the twins was showing a low heart rate and i have to go back for another ultrasound this friday to look further into it. Im crossing everything that it was just a one off. Ob said it could be a one off or possible heart problems.....an agonising wait till friday.

#14 *Mumma-to-A*

Posted 01 May 2012 - 10:38 PM

hope_fully - At my 12 week scan bby was referred to as "he" the whole way through. I did ask if you could see the gender then and The guy said no it was way too early. So I'd say your surprise is still just that.

tinkster23 - Hi neighbour, I went to fetal fotos in North Perth. I rang saturday and got an appointment the next evening. The only thing was my appointment was 4.50 and we didn't get in there till 6.05. It was only a 10 minute scan and like I said I loved every minute and am loving the DVD. We just went for the budget option $75 for gender determination, cd with around 20 odd images and a DVD of the whole scan. I didn't feel we needed the photos like the other packages offered but you get longer time.

Giltine - I'm not sure about any other scans unless you need one. You need to have a gestational diabetes test (someone can correct me here) at about 26-28 weeks (?) and then a GBS I had that done around 36 week mark. I did 1 night antenatal class with DH (and my sister and her DH too) and was too embarassed to go back. It can be overwheling to come home with a new baby and think ok what next? but honestly everyone feels that way and you just get on with it because you have too. I'd recommend to do some reading up on both the birth and baby stage. I'm looking for at birth skills at the moment. I found most of my info from my first pregnancy came from EB haha.

tweet - Just depends on what medicare allocate for each scan and what the place decides to charge. I got nothing back for the NT scan so basically the scanning place I just had to pay the gap if that makes sense.

Lisa - Good luck for friday. I hope it was just a one off.

AFM - Currently being kicked by one child on the inside and kissed all over by the other. DS is still having sleep issues (he is 4) and it is doing my head in. Mummy needs her sleep! I let him have a sleep in today until 8.30 when he should have been at school already but he really needed that extra 1.5 hours and we ended up only being .5 hr late and he came home with a good report - I think he would have burned out by lunchtime if he hadn't had the extra snooze.

Typical my mum gave me a hard time about it though. So glad I have started to follow my own mother's intuition rather than using everybody's advice.

Got my 1st pink oneies. So little and cute.

#15 twins in the oven

Posted 02 May 2012 - 12:45 AM

Hi ladies just a quick one from me tonight to say hi cool.gif

Giltine- When I was preg with Ds1 I went to a breastfeeding class (without Dh wink.gif ) and a birthing class which were both great but I read alot of books...like 'what to expect when expecting' and 'Up the Duff' (great book really funny with weekly updates on babies measuerments and stuff)  

sorry for lack of personals but Im so tired after catching up on all the lovely posts biggrin.gif So exciting with all the scans happening!! Mine is next Tues and Im also thinking of paying for a 3D+4D scan just to double check sexes (lol get it double lol) So that info Mumma to a  was very help full. Im SOR too in Kwinana cool.gif I have also heard of a 3D scan place where you dont need a refural called 'The Ultra Sound Nursery' in Rivervale.

Night all take care xxxxx

#16 babyandmother

Posted 02 May 2012 - 11:52 AM

Hi everyone, thought I'd come in and say hi again. I didn't actually tell you my name last time I posted. My name is Ivy, I'm 35 and expecting a boy. We are pretty excited.
Things this time round feel a little different since there is only 1 in there and not 2.
My boys are happy to be getting another brother.
I've been reading your posts. It's good to hear what is going on.
Anyway, I better get back to work. Chat more soon.

#17 Sar333

Posted 02 May 2012 - 12:20 PM

Hello all,

Nice to hear all the scans are going well, so nice to see all the bones and organs  and things. I couldn't believe that I had to hold a (very) full bladder for an hour though! Was kind of torn between enjoying looking at the scans and wanting it to end so I could run to the loo...

Giltine, like Mumma-to-A said there are usually the gestational diabetes and strep tests, but they will probably do the strep test when you check into the hospital. Other visits are mostly just checking blood pressure as it is a give away for pre-eclampsia and other issues and fundal height measuring to check the baby is growing at a good rate, you might just want to go along to the local Dr and have them at least check your blood pressure or something? If you are confused about the hospital I reckon just give them a call and ask, chances are you will just see whoever is there at the time you are.

Lisa, i hope you get a good result on the little ones heart beat, hope it was just a one off.

Has anyone got any good side sleeping tips? My left hip is still aching from sleeping (or trying to) on it last night, all the weight on the hip is very uncomfortable... I have been switching sides constantly trying to get comfy and have been taking two extra pillows to bed with me but it's driving me crazy and am not looking forward to sleep time!

xox Sarah

#18 *littlemiracles*

Posted 02 May 2012 - 08:58 PM

Hello all,

countdown is on until scan day - hanging to see our little bub again. Starting to feel some kicks or whatever they are on the outside now. just randomly though. I feel bub usually at night when I settle down after dinner etc. Although not every night just yet!!! Had a drs appt today as I had been having a lot of pressure in my bladder area and wanted to get it checked for possible infection - yep on antibiotics for the next week. Urine is in to get tested and will hopefully not get a phone call to say need diff ones!! Hopefully I caught it pretty early and it clears up quick smart. I know it can be common in pg but never had a worry with it last time!!!! Oh the joys of pregnancy I suppose.

Giltine - I see my regular dr every 4 weeks for standard ante-natal appt - blood pressure, urine check, fundal height, weight gain etc and have my first antenatal appt at hospital at 22 weeks where I see the midwives there. Then it is diabetes test at 26ish weeks and then onto fortnightly visits with Dr from 28 weeks. Should see hospital again around 32 weeks where hopefully I get the eviction date for baby (will be having csect due to internal tearing etc from DD's emerg c-sect and hurried arrival before her booked date - she was breech so knew I was having c-sect). Anyway, def try and see a regular dr to help you out each month with appts. I know if my Dr is away I can always see one of the other but it is much better with consistency.

Lisa - goodluck with the scan really hope it was just a one off!!!!

Sarah - I sleep with 2 smallish pillows either side to put under my legs when I roll on my side. When my hip or shoulder gets achy I lay on my back but with the small cushion under my right butt cheek/hip to help me lean to the left a bit more to ease any pressure. I sleep quite well like that.

Ivy - congrats on another boy!!!!!!

MummatoA - yay on pink onesies. Can't wait to hopefully be able to buy some gender things - and sort through all my baby clothes - whether to keep or get rid of!!!!!

Tweetz - we have our scan next week too - can't wait!!! Like you I want to see bub and find out gender but its always nice to know all is ok in there too!!!!

Ok time to hit the sack here, been a long day. Will pop back in after our scan next week and fill you in. Enjoy those beautiful baby movements everyone and goodluck at scans for those still to get theirs xxx

#19 Futureself

Posted 02 May 2012 - 09:19 PM

Hi everyone,
Glad everyone is having great scans - ours showed a very healthy little  person and we decided not to find out the sex in the end. Uncooperative little person though, I had to do laps of the building, squat on the floor and bounce around to get baby to turn around for a good look at the face. After about 20 minutes of this, they turned. Hopefully not an omen!

Sar333 - Bellybean pillows are awesome - I love mine to keep me supported and on my side now that tummy sleeping is no longer possible.

My blood pressure has suddenly gone up - 135/90 when up until last week I've always been 120/80. Anyone else? I'm trying not to be overly worried as my OB isn't - she said if I'm up to 140/90 in a few weeks then we might have an issue  unsure.gif

#20 jodiecorinne

Posted 03 May 2012 - 03:04 AM

Hello ladies
Wow i havent been in here in what seems like forever and its become so busy with so much to catch up on! Its good though, gives me something to do at the ridiculous hour of 2.45 in the morning.My brain has decided that I no longer require sleep of any kind and that tossing and turning and being genrally uncomfortable and cranky in bed is a much better option. I gave up tonight and decided that Id check out essential baby instead.

So to add my details....
Name - Jodie
Age - 30 ( still depresses me to actually have to write that glare.gif )
Location - Melbourne
Other children - I have a ten year old son, an 8 year old daughter and a 2 year old son. I also have gaurdianship of my 15 year old cousin who is a delightful teenage girl. Ok thats slightly on the sarcastic side, are you even allowed to use the words delightful and teenager in the same sentance???  wink.gif
And this baby is a GIRL!!!!! YAY!!!!! Im so friggen excited. Like to the point where i want to go up to random people in the street and be all like " Hey i know we dont know each other but i just thought you might like to know im having a baby girl"  biggrin.gif  We havent told anyone that its a girl and the kids are out of their minds wanting to know. Is it mean that im not telling them?

Futureself - I hear you on the high blood pressure. Ive had pre-eclampsia with all 3 of my children and this one doesnt seem to be any different. Last check was 192/95. I have good days and bad days with it. My next doctors appointment is in a week and i imagine they'll put me on medication like the last two pregnancies so hopefully that will help keep it down for awhile.

I feel like i should probably go back to bed although i know im not going to be able to sleep and that my husband is just going to annoy me. Hes being all overly affectionate which i know is because hes a super awesome guy who loves me but at the moment its just plain annoying. I just want him to stay on his own side of the bed and sleep not try and cuddle me and play with my hair or any of the other annoying things he thinks are sweet.
But the other option of staying up out here in our backroom isnt so appealing because i can hear my two year old sleep talking and moving around his room in his sleep and as gorgeous as he is and as much as i love him, frankly it creeps me out. Its paranormal activity creepy!
Hope everyone is is feeling well and that your not all as moody as me ( I feel mean writing that stuff about my husband but im just being honest lol )
Cheers for reading my middle of the night craziness also apologies for all the grammer and spelling mistakes. Im so used to typing on an iphone that i struggle with the computer. I get mad at it because it doesnt fix my mistakes original.gif
Jodie

#21 Camizebra

Posted 03 May 2012 - 10:34 AM

Hello lovely ladies, I am so excited and relieved to hear that the scans are going well.  It's 'that time' for so many of us - pretty much the half way mark.

I had my morphology scan yesterday and baby was healthy thank goodness.  I have had hyperemesis and didn't eat well for so long, as well as being on medication almost my entire pg so far, so I can't tell you how relieved I was that everything was as it should be.  Phew!

We are having a baby boy!  I am so nervous about raising a boy to be honest.  I raised my baby sister and have only really been around baby girls so this is what I remember and am used to.  I (and everyone else around me) was convinced it was a girl so DH and I were shocked.  I guess I was silly to get my heart stuck on a girl!  Importantly we are so grateful for a healthy son who is growing right on track.

So are most of you super organised and getting your nurseries and things ready?  I haven't done a thing yet!  Now I know it's a boy I can start getting my butt into gear.

#22 Camizebra

Posted 03 May 2012 - 10:53 AM

Giltine Sorry I can't help but I definitely echo some of the other girls' comments and think you should tee up regular appointments at least with a GP or something.  I was seeing my ob every two weeks (due to illness) but now every month and they are keeping a close check on progress with blood pressure readings and listening to the babies heart beat and other stuff.  I think this is an important part of your pregnancy having that reassurance each visit.  Good luck Giltine!

lisa83 So sorry to hear your news.  Fingers and toes crossed that it is a once off.  I can't imagine how much you must be on edge waiting for Friday to come and literally counting down the days.  Best of luck!

#23 GamerMum

Posted 03 May 2012 - 04:30 PM

Thanks for the information everyone! I'm reading everything I can find online as there are no book shops here and the library has nothing on pregnancy or childbirth, but I'm learning heaps. I'm hoping it all sticks in my head!

Sar333 - I have been sleeping with four pillows for two months now, and considering adding another and I still can't get comfortable! I have two to keep my head elevated in an attempt to calm down excruciating heartburn, one body pillow which holds my bump and keeps my legs up, and one for behind my back. Poor DF is getting squished out of bed!

*littlemiracles* - Unfortunately there is no option of a permanent doctor here, but I will make sure to see whoever is available once a month to check my blood pressure, as it was very low in the first few months anyway. I'll also make sure to bug my useless local midwife (she's qualified, but as you aren't allowed to give birth here, she basically just hands out paperwork and books appointments when she rememebers), so at least I have someone medical in town on track with my progress.

Camizebra - I have a room with the random clothing and soft touy items we have been given thrown into it, and I vaccuumed the cat hair out of it about 300 times this week. Does that count? Apart from that, we have nothing! I keep going to order things online and stop myself, second guessing if it's the right one, or "what if I find something better?" It sucks having to buy everything online because I can't test anything or play with things. sad.gif I'm sure I'll have it figured out by the time she gets here though! Tounge1.gif

The last few days have been good, apart from the horrible heartburn that I can't seem to get rid of. I'm eating like I've never eaten in my life, which DF finds highly amusing. He's been absolutely amazing, so caring and loving (which is usually random for him, but it's a daily occurence now!) which is a nice change. Anyone have tips for relieving heartburn? I have it constantly, but at time's it's so painful I'm actually in tears, usually in the middle of the night. I've tried antacid tablets, but they only work for about 5 seconds and I don't want to take them continuously. I'm sipping water constantly, but as soon as I stop it's back! Ggrrr.

Edited by Giltine, 03 May 2012 - 04:37 PM.

#24 ejfingerscrossed

Posted 03 May 2012 - 08:31 PM

Giltine I've had the same problem with Acid for about 4 weeks, it was killing me, I tried mylanta and after I had to take 4 in one sitting because I couldn't breathe I went back to the pharmacist and he gave me Zantac, I rang my dr and he said it was fine and it is a million times better. It's one tablet when you first feel it and it lasts for 12 hrs. I love it so much I'm thinking of calling Baby boy Zantac! Ok I won't go that far, but I can sleep again so I am very happy!

#25 Rach42

Posted 04 May 2012 - 06:31 PM

Ooh lots of nice stories about scans and finding out genders biggrin.gif

We had our 20 week scan today - although they now reckon I'm 19 weeks based on measurements.  That's ok though as I highly doubt bub was going to be born on their due date anyway.  And we found out we are having a girl! biggrin.gif  I almost fell off the bed when she told us because I was secretly hoping for a girl but was sure I would have another boy.

We've also decided to finally get married before the baby comes - turns out I'm more traditional than I thought and DP is happy because he gets to tell everyone we are having a "shotgun" wedding. rolleyes.gif  We're just going to have a small ceremony at the registry office and then go out for dinner afterwards with a few friends and family.  We've both had the big ceremony before anyway.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

A mum's tragic battle against inflammatory breast cancer

At just 37 years of age, with two young sons, Vicki was diagnosed with inflammatory breast cancer. Now her family wants all women to know the symptoms.

The business of babies around the world

Pregnancy and birth is an intriguing process no matter where you are in the world. One soon-to-be father gleans wisdom from a new guide.

Finding a positive path through IVF

It’s not surprising that IVF is often seen as a negative journey towards the ultimate positive, but having a glass-half-full approach can make a big difference to the experience.

Giving strangers the gift of parenthood

A mum explains why she and her husband are choosing to gift their leftover embryos to help strangers achieve their dream of parenthood.

Does morning sickness get better or worse with each child?

Just as every baby is unique, so is every pregnancy. And that means morning sickness can vary a lot, too.

What's so wrong with looking 'mumsy', anyway?

Why is it that the word ‘mumsy’ has connotations of such a negative nature – but seems to be the only other option apart from ‘yummy’?

Trying to speed up the inevitable

As the waiting game of late pregnancy continues, this mum considers a few things that might hurry things up a little.

One month later: where is William Tyrell?

It has been a little over a month since William Tyrell disappeared from his grandmother's home, 33 long sleepless nights for his family as they mourn the absence of their cheeky young boy.

Winter's child less likely to be moody: study

Babies born in the summer are much more likely to suffer from mood swings when they grow up, while those born in the winter are less likely to become irritable adults, scientists claim.

Single mum of two creates award-winning baby app

Suddenly single with a baby and an 11-year-old son, Tara O?Connell developed an app to improve the lives of mothers who were similarly overwhelmed.

Food for thought: looking after yourself as a new mum

As soon as your baby enters the world, everything else takes a back seat - even the necessities of daily life such as eating are severely compromised, right when you need energy the most.

'Grabbable guts' campaign aims to cut toxic fat

The Live Lighter campaign will take people inside the human body to show the internal dangers of being overweight.

The best and worst month of my life

A new mum's first month of motherhood didn't pan out as expected when she lost a family member weeks after her baby's birth.

Facebook and Apple offer to pay female staff to freeze their eggs

Facebook and Apple are hoping to provide women with the freedom to build their careers without the added pressure of having children at or by a certain age.

How a pregnancy contract could work for you and your partner

The idea of making a 'pregnancy contract' with your partner may sound a bit silly at first, but it can help make the transition to parenthood a lot smoother.

Finding a mum-friendly personal trainer

Burping babies vs burpees – yes, new mums and personal trainers live in different worlds. But they can work together - once you find the right match for you and your lifestyle.

Alleged baby snatch incident a ?misunderstanding?, say police

Police say that an incident in which a man pulled on a woman?s pram while walking a popular Sydney route late last month was a misunderstanding.

Ebola killed my aunt and is shutting down my country

Three weeks ago, my auntie, a midwife, developed a fever. Sitting here in Sydney basked in Australian sunshine, that shouldn't be big news.

The night my ovary burst

One mum shares her frightening experience and vows to never take her health for granted again.

Download now: Essential Kids Activity Finder app

Got bored kids? Quickly find the best activities for kids wherever you are in Australia with the Essential Kids app.

Advertisement

Advertisement

What's hot on EB

Win 1 of 5 Canon Powershot D30 cameras

Capture life more easily with the Canon Powershot D30. Shockproof, waterproof and dustproof, you can take it almost anywhere and shoot beautiful images, time after time. Enter now!

16 parenting truths you won't find in the baby books

I am five years into this parenting gig and I’ve learnt that sleepless nights and changing dirty nappies are child’s play.

Best and worst potty party cakes

It's nice to celebrate a child making the shift from nappies to 'big kid' undies, but do we really need a semi-realistic used toilet cake to do it? Here are some of the best and worst cakes parents have used at 'potty parties' around the world.

7 tips for a financially festive Christmas

Plan ahead - and do it now - to ensure festive season expenses don't break the bank.

'Go the F*** to Sleep' author's new book for frustrated parents

A sequel is coming soon to the 2011 hit book 'Go the F*** to Sleep' - and this time, it's about mealtimes.

Great birthday party buys from Etsy

Handmade crafts to decorate and personalise your child's next birthday - from banners to cake decorations, we've got gorgeous party finds from Etsy.

Creative storage ideas for the kids' rooms

Creative and practical storage ideas for the kids' toys and books can also add some stylish decor to your home. Visit babyology.com.au for more stylish modern finds for hip kids & parents.

The 'yucky' illness that took over my life

I have a chronic illness nobody likes to discuss, as it involves toilet talk. But it needs to be talked about.

To the mum in the doctor's waiting room

Maybe the mum I saw in that waiting room, seemingly disconnected from her baby, doesn’t have the support she needs.

10 space-saving nursery ideas

Starting a family doesn't always mean moving into a bigger house - not yet, anyway.

What's in a name?

Baby Names

Looking for a classic name, or an unusual name? Our Baby Name Finder is for you, search or browse to refine your shortlist.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.